Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Domicile in MKE Question

Navy in SAN
07-07-2018, 07:31 AM
I am a navy helo pilot with a little over 3000TT/120 fixed wing SE and looking at retirement soon. One option is regional flying, I have my CPL Instrument but not current.

We want to retire in Milwaukee, and I am curious if that is an easy base to get and keep through CA upgrade? My biggest QOL issue in retirement is not having a commute, and enjoying my Packers season tickets! Well, at least the 2-3 games each fall before it freezes.

I would be a late start, early 50s...so I have no false visions of getting out of the regionals. And I know that the regional environment is very dynamic from year to year. But based on “today” would getting and maintaining MKE be feasible? The thought of orking behind a desk makes me ill...

Thanks

diverdriver2
07-07-2018, 07:35 AM
I am a navy helo pilot with a little over 3000TT/120 fixed wing SE and looking at retirement soon. One option is regional flying, I have my CPL Instrument but not current.

We want to retire in Milwaukee, and I am curious if that is an easy base to get and keep through CA upgrade? My biggest QOL issue in retirement is not having a commute, and enjoying my Packers season tickets! Well, at least the 2-3 games each fall before it freezes.

I would be a late start, early 50s...so I have no false visions of getting out of the regionals. And I know that the regional environment is very dynamic from year to year. But based on “today” would getting and maintaining MKE be feasible? The thought of orking behind a desk makes me ill...

Thanks

I think you'd look really good for it now. I highly suggest you get current, maybe get some GA job to build up some fixed wing time and then apply. Not that would don't want you right yesterday but I think it would help you in training to have some fixed wing time under your belt more than you have now. Just my unsolicited suggestion. Good luck and thank you for your service!

Aerostar1
07-07-2018, 07:38 AM
Right now MKE is super junior overall.
Near certainty would get MKE right away.

Navy in SAN
07-07-2018, 07:46 AM
I think you'd look really good for it now. I highly suggest you get current, maybe get some GA job to build up some fixed wing time and then apply. Not that would don't want you right yesterday but I think it would help you in training to have some fixed wing time under your belt more than you have now. Just my unsolicited suggestion. Good luck and thank you for your service!

Thanks. I am going to do a little flying and may even get the ME upgrade, if I have time. Any talk of a Rotary Transition Program at AW?

diverdriver2
07-07-2018, 07:53 AM
Thanks. I am going to do a little flying and may even get the ME upgrade, if I have time. Any talk of a Rotary Transition Program at AW?

You don't have the ME yet? Yah, you're gonna need that. No rotary transition program that I am aware of.

idlethrust
07-07-2018, 03:51 PM

Thanks

I’ll buy your packers season tickets from ya!! Let’s talk about that , forget air whiskey

Navy in SAN
07-07-2018, 04:27 PM
I’ll buy your packers season tickets from ya!! Let’s talk about that , forget air whiskey

No chance I’m giving up the season ticket “rights.” However, I sell almost every game each season. Some I gift to family. When retired, I plan to go to every game until mid October, but will not freeze my a$$ on those later games. A cold beer in my heated house tastes just as good!

AW is appealing, because we want to live in Milwaukee. While I would be making less as a regional pilot, the wife and I love to travel. I could probably double my compensation package through free/reduced price tickets!

Grumbletrousers
07-07-2018, 06:41 PM

Good news is if you apply now, in 30 years the Packers might actually be relevant again.

Maybe.

idlethrust
07-08-2018, 04:38 AM
No chance I’m giving up the season ticket “rights.” However, I sell almost every game each season. Some I gift to family. When retired, I plan to go to every game until mid October, but will not freeze my a$$ on those later games. A cold beer in my heated house tastes just as good!

AW is appealing, because we want to live in Milwaukee. While I would be making less as a regional pilot, the wife and I love to travel. I could probably double my compensation package through free/reduced price tickets!

Any game tickets you want to sell just pm me and give me a heads up

idlethrust
07-08-2018, 04:41 AM
Good news is if you apply now, in 30 years the Packers might actually be relevant again.

Maybe.
Ha ha
I can smell the haterade from here lol.
Title town will rise again bro
Our defense should be a lot better this year with a new dc and if everyone stays healthy.......... watch out

DiveAndDrive
07-08-2018, 01:09 PM
As far as the ME rating goes, Tom Brady in TVC would be a good option for you. He's booked through October, though. Not sure what kind of a time frame you're on. As others have mentioned, make sure you have a good grasp on FW maneuvers, though. I did my ME with Tom in like 5 hours. He doesn't have time to teach you how to do a steep turn. He's only there to teach you how to do it in his Piper Apache so you can take the check ride and then immediately knowledge dump everything =P So get current and proficient in a SE then go do your ME (if you're going to do it with Tom). If you're not in a rush and have money, do actual training in an ME aircraft to both get you current again and your multi engine rating. As others mentioned, you'll need your CMEL/IFR at a minimum.

As far as the Packers go, 1. GPG all day everyday, 2. The "if we can stay healthy" statement is always a concern, every year. I don't know what it is with the Pack... they're just injury prone. All the cold weather makes everything brittle, maybe? =P

But yeah. Go Packers.

Flyguy4723
07-12-2018, 02:52 PM

20 years to go on the waitlist for me. I'll take em off your hands.

Flyguy4723
07-12-2018, 02:54 PM

Maybe.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/tony-romos-way-too-early-super-bowl-prediction-calls-for-packers-jaguars-matchup/

Melit
07-13-2018, 03:59 AM

It's funny even season ticket holders don't want to go to packer games!! Fair weather fan?

Flyguy4723
07-13-2018, 10:07 AM
It's funny even season ticket holders don't want to go to packer games!! Fair weather fan?

Lambeau has sold out every game since 1960. :D

Melit
07-13-2018, 12:29 PM
Lambeau has sold out every game since 1960. :D

True but the season ticket holders are not filling the stadium. Some haven't been to a game in years they just sell them off.

Gators
07-13-2018, 01:14 PM
It’s not that season ticket holders wouldn’t love to go to all the games. Truth is that games have gotten expensive. Prices go up every year. Many can’t afford to go more than one or two games a year. However, no one in their right mind would give up season tickets at Lambeau. They just sell the rest of the games to other fans. Go Pack Go [emoji1377]

Flyguy4723
07-13-2018, 02:17 PM
It’s not that season ticket holders wouldn’t love to go to all the games. Truth is that games have gotten expensive. Prices go up every year. Many can’t afford to go more than one or two games a year. However, no one in their right mind would give up season tickets at Lambeau. They just sell the rest of the games to other fans. Go Pack Go [emoji1377]

When nosebleed tickets cost $250 yea season ticket holders have to sell some of them off. Too expensive to go to all the games.

Flyguy4723
07-13-2018, 02:18 PM
True but the season ticket holders are not filling the stadium. Some haven't been to a game in years they just sell them off.

Why is that relevant?

PassportPlump
07-13-2018, 05:25 PM

I have season tickets. They are a side business for me. After Rodgers got hurt last year the interest was almost nil.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1