Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

P Owed Captain
07-07-2018, 12:05 PM
When did American get rid of the free wifi for T-Mobile customers? This was one of the reasons I switched over from Sprint. ****ed!

Mover
07-07-2018, 12:13 PM
When did American get rid of the free wifi for T-Mobile customers? This was one of the reasons I switched over from Sprint. ****ed!

It was only on GoGo.

The aircraft are being upgraded to ViaSat which is a different provider that doesn't have the same agreement with T-Mobile.

Av8rPHX
07-07-2018, 06:38 PM

It's gone?? It worked for me on Tuesday on a 738. 984NN

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PRS Guitars
07-07-2018, 07:01 PM

Not all planes are upgraded for what itís worth. Also Ive flown some of our newest Airbus that arenít upgraded, and Ive flown our oldest that are, so no real order for it.

EMBFlyer
07-08-2018, 07:52 AM

A lot of the new 737s don't have the ViaSat broadband yet. The big clue is the giant antenna on the top of the fuselage.

ALF659
07-17-2018, 03:17 PM
Some of the fleet is going to have GoGo 2KU satellite wifi(Older 319s and 320s) and the T-Mobile deal still works on them and it is really fast HD streamable Wifi. All the 737s, 321s and newer 319s are getting the ViaSat Wifi which is also fast but doesn't have the deal with T-Mobile. I think all the widebody aircraft will also have ViaSat.

Bengal
07-17-2018, 03:39 PM

There was (is) no need to actually be a T-Mobile customer to take advantage of this offer. On the login screen, just enter a phone number on T-Mobile, and youíre good to go. Works on all the airline flights I have attempted on, as long as it has the free T-Mobile offer.

Subpilot
07-17-2018, 06:29 PM
There was (is) no need to actually be a T-Mobile customer to take advantage of this offer. On the login screen, just enter a phone number on T-Mobile, and youíre good to go. Works on all the airline flights I have attempted on, as long as it has the free T-Mobile offer.
And then you lock that number to your device for a few days and the actual customer canít log into gogo. I learned that the hard way attempting to share my number with a commuting friend. So, long story short, donít use a fellow pilots number.

Av8rPHX
08-23-2018, 07:25 PM
And then you lock that number to your device for a few days and the actual customer canít log into gogo. I learned that the hard way attempting to share my number with a commuting friend. So, long story short, donít use a fellow pilots number.

Yep. Learned the hard way sharing my number with a friend..was a long flight with no information highway

CowboyPilot79
08-23-2018, 07:37 PM
It's probably tied to the MAC address...

ItnStln
08-24-2018, 08:26 AM
It's probably tied to the MAC address...

Possibly because after using an hour with my phone number on my phone I tried to use a friendís number and wasnít able to so I had to log in with my iPad.

Paperboi
08-24-2018, 08:38 AM
Pro tip, if this happens and someone used your number, all you have to do is open web chat with gogo rep and they will give you coupon code good for the duration of flight or 1 hour, whichever your plan is good for. You're welcome 😀

QUOTE=Av8rPHX;2661112]Yep. Learned the hard way sharing my number with a friend..was a long flight with no information highway

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]

Name User
08-24-2018, 08:57 AM
This only works on phones but there is a way around it. Download the Sleipnir browser from the App Store onto your iPad (free). Under settings -> advanced settings is a "user agent" tab, change that to safari ios 8 iphone. Then go to the gogo page and login using your tmobile number. Now you have internet on your iPad and can go back to using the regular Safari browser if desired.

ItnStln
08-24-2018, 12:48 PM
Pro tip, if this happens and someone used your number, all you have to do is open web chat with gogo rep and they will give you coupon code good for the duration of flight or 1 hour, whichever your plan is good for. You're welcome 😀

Good to know, thanks!

ItnStln
08-24-2018, 12:51 PM
This only works on phones but there is a way around it. Download the Sleipnir browser from the App Store onto your iPad (free). Under settings -> advanced settings is a "user agent" tab, change that to safari ios 8 iphone. Then go to the gogo page and login using your tmobile number. Now you have internet on your iPad and can go back to using the regular Safari browser if desired.

Youíre right I couldnít get it on my iPad so I ended up using my phone on another carrier. Iím downloading Sleipnir now though, thanks!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1