Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

DuesPayer
07-09-2018, 12:25 PM
If anyone has any information about the Envoy direct captain interview please pm me or post here. Thank you.

EmbaeDriver
07-09-2018, 09:55 PM
They need captains, you’re hired anyways

V12Merlin
07-22-2018, 09:18 AM
Don’t waste your time bro— there’s better gigs available. Choices will only get better as time goes by.

flysooner9
07-22-2018, 09:20 AM
If anyone has any information about the Envoy direct captain interview please pm me or post here. Thank you.

Come on over to Piedmont. We’re hiring direct entry captains as well. Likely a faster flow then Envoy.

DilsonWic
07-22-2018, 09:36 AM
Come on over to Piedmont. We’re hiring direct entry captains as well. Likely a faster flow then Envoy.

True. Either way you’re flying Envoy airplanes.

V12Merlin
07-22-2018, 10:59 AM

See there—told you so!!

MD-11Loader
07-22-2018, 11:31 AM
True. Either way you’re flying Envoy airplanes.

Yeah flying our planes without EWBS, and scared of flaps 22.

DilsonWic
07-22-2018, 12:48 PM

Well thier jet engine don’t turn props anymore....

flysooner9
07-22-2018, 01:08 PM

Hey we actually have a handy dandy app now for WB.

SilentLurker
07-22-2018, 01:50 PM

Supposedly ours will be approved by years end.

W&B App would be great! Hardly use the Wiz wheel & it’s time consuming., It works pretty easy but takes time to refresh memory. Turn this way, turn that way, get fuel this way, and move it the other way , no not that direction for fuel, but this direction. Ok cool we got our landing CG! There! We’re all set with TO trim & Landing Trim... now write those numbers down on this paper that NOBODY looks at unless you flew the airplane with weak muscles into the ground at the other end of this long runways.

W&B App would be really nice, safer, less time consumption, plus like the HOTs App it would automatically in the background save our inputs.

Wait... wait.. I wonder how many Envoy pilots realize that our HOTs App which we use for De-icing Type1/4 procedures & Holdover is saved in the background. That the information, input can later be retrieved, like a history function, or if something was to go down such as an incident or accident investigation. I foresee a W&B App to do the same. Which is great for any incident investigation and safety, data collection, rather than paper forms. It’s a digital, data driven world we live in.

EmbaeDriver
07-22-2018, 03:49 PM

Yeah right

Filllllllllll

wiz5422
07-23-2018, 07:18 AM
Supposedly ours will be approved by years end.

W&B App would be great! Hardly use the Wiz wheel & it’s time consuming., It works pretty easy but takes time to refresh memory. Turn this way, turn that way, get fuel this way, and move it the other way , no not that direction for fuel, but this direction. Ok cool we got our landing CG! There! We’re all set with TO trim & Landing Trim... now write those numbers down on this paper that NOBODY looks at unless you flew the airplane with weak muscles into the ground at the other end of this long runways.

W&B App would be really nice, safer, less time consumption, plus like the HOTs App it would automatically in the background save our inputs.

Wait... wait.. I wonder how many Envoy pilots realize that our HOTs App which we use for De-icing Type1/4 procedures & Holdover is saved in the background. That the information, input can later be retrieved, like a history function, or if something was to go down such as an incident or accident investigation. I foresee a W&B App to do the same. Which is great for any incident investigation and safety, data collection, rather than paper forms. It’s a digital, data driven world we live in.

You do know that the WB app will still make you soon the wheel right.?

Ask me how I know.

Otterbox
07-23-2018, 07:44 AM

It’s actually not that useful...

Still have to spin the wheel/ run the useful “unofficial” app, fill out paperwork and plug in ACARS data to run #s. In its current form it just adds an additional step to slow down the process when the gate agent and FA give you the CLR and pax count 3 minutes before the door is supposed to be shut then pester you about getting the door shut on time so they don’t get blamed for a delay.

flysooner9
07-23-2018, 08:19 AM
It’s actually not that useful...

Still have to spin the wheel/ run the useful “unofficial” app, fill out paperwork and plug in ACARS data to run #s. In its current form it just adds an additional step to slow down the process when the gate agent and FA give you the CLR and pax count 3 minutes before the door is supposed to be shut then pester you about getting the door shut on time so they don’t get blamed for a delay.

Just because it’s still in the test phase for a few more months. After that no more paper WB

DuesPayer
07-23-2018, 01:29 PM
Back to the thread. The DEC interview was straight forward. No technical just HR questions like why Envoy, why should we hire you. Very laid back. They went through the log books. Make sure your paper work is in order, it slowed up a couple of guys. We had 2 DECs, 1 cadet and 2 helicopter folks interviewing. All but one got the job.

ParkingatMIA
07-23-2018, 02:03 PM
Quick question, what are the mid and end of month pay checks looking like for a new CA on RSV?

YLpilot
07-23-2018, 02:29 PM
Depending on taxes and health insurance mid is $1800 end of month is $2000ish. But I get the most expensive PPO option. ($600 a month)

V12Merlin
07-23-2018, 05:56 PM
Back to the thread. The DEC interview was straight forward. No technical just HR questions like why Envoy, why should we hire you. Very laid back. They went through the log books. Make sure your paper work is in order, it slowed up a couple of guys. We had 2 DECs, 1 cadet and 2 helicopter folks interviewing. All but one got the job.

Mine wasn’t strait forward at all. I read where if you had 121 exp that it was only hr. Couldn’t have been farther from the facts. H R part was great. Very professional young aviator out on medical. He extended me professional courtesy. Then they sprang a sim ride on me with no notice. I flew it fine. It’s supposed to be a Beech Baron but this thing flew like ah!t. Would’ve been nice to have had the info prior to interview but whatever. It’s Eagle, I worked there before so I was used to being lied to. Then 2 snowflakes grilled the Sh!t out of me on technical. It was clear I wasn’t welcomed there—even tho I’d been a captain for 5 years at old AMR Eagle. I’d have been 20 years senior to them—if not for 9-11.

But here’s the best part of the interview. When the last snowflake came to give me the “bad news”. I informed him that I already had 2 other job offers with class dates for both.

Hahahahaha hahahahaha hahahahaha

Net result I have a much better offer with 2 other great companies and those dumbasses are still short. Nothing has changed there but the paint job.

I got the last laugh.

V12Merlin
07-23-2018, 08:52 PM
Filler. Filler. Filler

f16jetmech
07-23-2018, 09:01 PM
Mine wasn’t strait forward at all. I read where if you had 121 exp that it was only hr. Couldn’t have been farther from the facts. H R part was great. Very professional young aviator out on medical. He extended me professional courtesy. Then they sprang a sim ride on me with no notice. I flew it fine. It’s supposed to be a Beech Baron but this thing flew like ah!t. Would’ve been nice to have had the info prior to interview but whatever. It’s Eagle, I worked there before so I was used to being lied to. Then 2 snowflakes grilled the Sh!t out of me on technical. It was clear I wasn’t welcomed there—even tho I’d been a captain for 5 years at old AMR Eagle. I’d have been 20 years senior to them—if not for 9-11.

But here’s the best part of the interview. When the last snowflake came to give me the “bad news”. I informed him that I already had 2 other job offers with class dates for both.

Net result I have a much better offer with 2 other great companies and those dumbasses are still short. Nothing has changed there but the paint job.

I got the last laugh.

Guess they saw something in you they didn't like... And i can see why.

deceleration1
07-23-2018, 10:25 PM

We’re you told that you’d have little to no reserve as a DEC in LGA? That’s what I’ve been told but I’ve been trying to figure out how that could be true - I understand it’s a perpetual junior base but...

Glad your interview experience was good. Did they give you a class date?

Cyio
07-23-2018, 10:37 PM

I got the last laugh.

Thank god for those two snowflakes.

V12Merlin
07-23-2018, 11:26 PM
Thank god for those two snowflakes.

Amen to that brother!

havick206
07-24-2018, 01:58 AM
We’re you told that you’d have little to no reserve as a DEC in LGA? That’s what I’ve been told but I’ve been trying to figure out how that could be true - I understand it’s a perpetual junior base but...

Oct/Nov 2017 new hires back on reserve in LGA for next month.

Some new hire DEC’s have bid to MIA and ORD which also means reserve.

Hope this helps.

Whiskey4
07-24-2018, 03:44 AM

DECs were offered NCE and OCC in the last class.

Pickle
07-24-2018, 05:35 AM
DECs were offered NCE and OCC in the last class.

Forgive me, what is NCE and OCC?

uavking
07-24-2018, 06:12 AM
Forgive me, what is NCE and OCC?

New York Captain Embraer and ORD Captain CRJ

Pickle
07-24-2018, 06:42 AM
New York Captain Embraer and ORD Captain CRJ

Thank you!

Neptune27
07-24-2018, 06:48 AM
Any idea how many went to NEC and OCC and how many spots are left in ORD? I have a DEC class date for Aug 13.

DuesPayer
07-24-2018, 07:19 AM

They didn’t promise anything on schedules, just said everything is very fluid. They offered a 9/10 and 9/24 class. But I think the guy with 8/13 class wants to trade. :)

sflpilot
07-24-2018, 08:45 AM

I got the last laugh.

Were the snowflakes touting the flow? Because by the time anyone hired now flows the retirement wave will just about be over. They are already metering the flow. So what they said about timelines was a lie. No surprise. It still amazes me how they act like they are offering this great thing that you have to bow down to them for.

moon
07-24-2018, 09:11 AM

I got the last laugh.

So you had 2 much better offers and still wasted your time with an interview? Sounds logical.

V12Merlin
07-24-2018, 11:29 AM
Were the snowflakes touting the flow? Because by the time anyone hired now flows the retirement wave will just about be over. They are already metering the flow. So what they said about timelines was a lie. No surprise. It still amazes me how they act like they are offering this great thing that you have to bow down to them for.

Oh of course they did.

NoValueAviator
07-25-2018, 04:20 AM
Did they say why they wanted to do technical and sim interviews? I know on the FO side they add sim interviews when people aren't IFR current. I assume you have been out of the cockpit awhile?

NoValueAviator
07-25-2018, 04:30 AM

I don't think the "metering" happening presently matters that much in terms of how it affects longterm flow certainty. The metering that will matter is when the retirement wave hits in full force and even people who are too pale and too male right now start getting street hired at major airlines. Envoy will not flow itself to death.

Bigpimppilot
07-25-2018, 09:23 AM
I don’t think v12 is worried about flow. Probably just gastric sleeve and southwest based on his thread history

Cyio
07-25-2018, 02:06 PM
I don't think the "metering" happening presently matters that much in terms of how it affects longterm flow certainty. The metering that will matter is when the retirement wave hits in full force and even people who are too pale and too male right now start getting street hired at major airlines. Envoy will not flow itself to death.

They will need to up the pay and benefits too try and keep the older crowed at Envoy then, otherwise you are correct.

There are only a few possible outcomes to all of this. Regional get absorbed into mainline and the seniority lists merge, regionals have to get their pay closer to what you can expect to make as a 3-4 year FO at mainline plus the benefits, scope clause will need to change, retirement age increased and minimums for an ATP lowered or lastly, legislation to remove one pilot from the scenario. Those are all possible ways to get around the problem.

It may be all, some or none but at the end of the day, mainline doesn't want to sink their regionals but they cant not fly their mainline routes either.

We simply dont have enough people below us anymore, something is going to have to change.

V12Merlin
07-25-2018, 05:20 PM
Did they say why they wanted to do technical and sim interviews? I know on the FO side they add sim interviews when people aren't IFR current. I assume you have been out of the cockpit awhile?

No they didn’t say anything about it. I didn’t really have a problem with doing a sim ride. But I was supposed to have received information about the sim profile and speeds before coming to the interview. I flew it pretty good, just a takeoff, vectors for an ILS. I briefed the miss and the hold entry, popped out at mins and landed.

But really. Technical? For a seasoned captain?

My question is this

Do you guys think these idiotic questions are a realistic measure of a pilots intelligence, or a gauge of a pilots resoursefulness in getting the answers to the questions beforehand?

I don’t memorize checklists or approach plates. Why in the hell would I commit to my memory things that are readily available on a chart legend?
The other 2 job offers I have didn’t ask 1 technical question. My 10,000 plus hours of 121 exp did all the talking.

Any idiot could figure that out.

havick206
07-25-2018, 05:32 PM
No they didn’t say anything about it. I didn’t really have a problem with doing a sim ride. But I was supposed to have received information about the sim profile and speeds before coming to the interview. I flew it pretty good, just a takeoff, vectors for an ILS. I briefed the miss and the hold entry, popped out at mins and landed.

My question is this

Do you guys think these idiotic questions are a realistic measure of a pilots intelligence, or a gauge of a pilots resoursefulness in getting the answers to the questions beforehand?

I don’t memorize checklists or approach plates. Why in the hell would I commit to my memory things that are readily available on a chart legend?
The other 2 job offers I have didn’t ask 1 technical question. My 10,000 plus hours of 121 exp did all the talking.

Perhaps just another filter to see if you really are interested in the job and can be bothered to look at what is a canned exercise prior (motivation assessment rather than knowledge assessment).

bigtime209
07-25-2018, 05:56 PM

My question is this

It's a good thing that those other 2 offers were vastly superior so you don't even have to worry about coming here. After all, you only have a few years left in the game.

V12Merlin
07-25-2018, 07:18 PM
It's a good thing that those other 2 offers were vastly superior so you don't even have to worry about coming here. After all, you only have a few years left in the game.

“Vastly superior”-no, just more professional.

V12Merlin
07-25-2018, 07:25 PM
Perhaps just another filter to see if you really are interested in the job and can be bothered to look at what is a canned exercise prior (motivation assessment rather than knowledge assessment).

You might have a point there. But one professional aviator can sit across from another professional aviator and figure out within about 10 minutes if he could fly with that person for a month—all things being equal

If you will look back a few posts you will see that I said the interview started out that way. The professional aviator that did the HR portion was top notch.

The other 2 fumbled the ball.

DanRoman
07-25-2018, 09:22 PM
“Vastly superior”-no, just more professional.

Surely this guy is a troll.

Paid2fly
07-25-2018, 09:42 PM
Surely this guy is a troll.

"Don't call me Shirley"!

moon
07-26-2018, 04:18 AM
You might have a point there. But one professional aviator can sit across from another professional aviator and figure out within about 10 minutes if he could fly with that person for a month—all things being equal

If you will look back a few posts you will see that I said the interview started out that way. The professional aviator that did the HR portion was top notch.

The other 2 fumbled the ball.

Maybe you answered the question of why you didn't get the job in the first paragraph.

Bigpimppilot
07-26-2018, 11:31 AM
I’ll bet he’s a snowflake.

FlyGuy2112
07-26-2018, 02:11 PM
What’s the training footprint like and are you paid at the captain rate through training if hired as a DEC? Also company says 6 months to hold Miami after the completion on training. Does that still hold true?

havick206
07-26-2018, 02:22 PM
What’s the training footprint like and are you paid at the captain rate through training if hired as a DEC? Also company says 6 months to hold Miami after the completion on training. Does that still hold true?

Captain pay day 1

About 3 months to get checked to line

Anyone’sguess but bidding to Mia or ord has been fairly consistent but that could easily change with the fresh wave of mid to late 2016 hires upgrading en masse

Expect endless reserve at any base as a DEC

Neptune27
08-01-2018, 07:23 AM
Does any know how many DEC capts were in the July 30th class? Did they all go to LGA?

Bruno82
08-01-2018, 07:40 PM
M-F: Indoc
Sat- Sun: Off
Mon: HR and Union (half day)
Tues- Sat: Off
Sun: DNR
Mon-Wed: Fatigue, GED, GET
Thurs-Wed: CBT
Thurs-Fri: Systems & IPTs
Sat-Sun: Off
Mon-Thurs: Systems & IPTs
Fri: Off
Sat: Systems & IPTs
Sun-Mon: Off
Tues-Wed: CPTs
Thurs-Sun: SV/PV and off on other days
Mon-Tues: Sim observation
Wed-Fri: Off
Sat-Thurs: Sim
Fri-Sat: Off
Mon-Tues: Sim
Wed: MV
Thurs: QLOE

YMMV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Houpilot2001
08-02-2018, 09:43 AM
Depending on taxes and health insurance mid is $1800 end of month is $2000ish. But I get the most expensive PPO option. ($600 a month)

End of month seems low. I was making 1900ish with the highest cost insurance and FSA as an FO on RSV. I was also averaging 15 hours a month flying then, so not a lot of perdiem.
I sure hope it's better than that. Apps are flying.

YLpilot
08-02-2018, 12:35 PM
End of month seems low. I was making 1900ish with the highest cost insurance and FSA as an FO on RSV. I was also averaging 15 hours a month flying then, so not a lot of perdiem.
I sure hope it's better than that. Apps are flying.
Where? That is over 50 hours pay before taxes at Envoy 1st year FO rates. 37.5hrs x 65.68 (Year 1 CA rate) is $2463. Plus or minus a couple hundred in per diem and after taxes and health insurance my numbers are there.

Houpilot2001
08-02-2018, 12:52 PM
Where? That is over 50 hours pay before taxes at Envoy 1st year FO rates. 37.5hrs x 65.68 (Year 1 CA rate) is $2463. Plus or minus a couple hundred in per diem and after taxes and health insurance my numbers are there.

Ahh, I looked into it, I was flying OT. I forgot about that. Havent picked up any extra flying in over a year.

RUkidding
08-06-2018, 04:56 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for the company to get the PRIA/background checks back?

Whiskey4
08-06-2018, 07:55 PM
Anyone know how long it takes for the company to get the PRIA/background checks back?

Companies have up to 30 days to send a PRIA response. No idea on the background check.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1