Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

friend
07-10-2018, 10:37 PM
SAN a junior base for southwest

badpilot4life
07-10-2018, 11:00 PM

Wat.......?

barabek
07-10-2018, 11:06 PM

If you ever get a chance to interview, I recommend to ask the question there. Oh, and don't forget to ask them: "Who the hell is Herb?"

CA1900
07-10-2018, 11:31 PM

It's not a base at all. Closest would be the soon-to-open LAX base.

Bases are listed here: https://www.airlinepilotcentral.com/airlines/major-national-lcc/southwest_airlines

full of luv
07-11-2018, 07:59 AM

Very Junior..... Senior/junior pilot in SAN base projected DOH is 7/15/2030:eek:

ROFF
07-11-2018, 08:39 AM
Many Tijuana commuters,
very señor.

IDIOTPILOT
07-11-2018, 08:42 AM
There’s Southwest and SkyWest. Not the same company, like at all.

CLMP
07-11-2018, 10:43 AM
Very senior. In fact, it's so senior that even the #1 pilot on the list can't hold it.

Otterbox
07-11-2018, 11:43 AM
There’s Southwest and SkyWest. Not the same company, like at all.

Same Same, but different...

flensr
07-11-2018, 12:59 PM
Same Same, but different...

Skywest flies newer planes, is that the difference you're talking about? :)

ZapBrannigan
07-11-2018, 01:19 PM
Skywest flies newer planes, is that the difference you're talking about? :)

They also get crew meals and parking. In some cases they stay at nicer hotels. [emoji6]🤭

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

WHACKMASTER
07-11-2018, 02:42 PM
And they can use Brakes 1, idle reverse, VNAV out of a 1000’, and most impressive........sit forward of the exit row when nonrevving without getting dirty looks.

MudhammedCJ
07-11-2018, 03:24 PM
And they can use Brakes 1, idle reverse, VNAV out of a 1000’, and most impressive........sit forward of the exit row when nonrevving without getting dirty looks.
Dirty looks don't trump our contract. Nothing in there about where I sit while nonreving.

e6bpilot
07-11-2018, 04:09 PM
Dirty looks don't trump our contract. Nothing in there about where I sit while nonreving.

Same. I sit forwarder than a MFer if I am either 1. Deadheading or 2. In a hurry. Otherwise I sit just aft of the exit to maximize my chance of no middle seat mate.
That rule that is not a rule is rooted in an airline from long long ago that served peanuts and wore hot pants.

ZapBrannigan
07-11-2018, 04:18 PM
I have a deadhead in the morning and I can pretty well guarantee I’ll be somewhere around row six.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tanker
07-11-2018, 07:05 PM
I remember a RBF that came out after 9/11 encouraging us to sit near the front of the aircraft while on a DH or Commutting. As far as I know it hasn’t been replaced.

WHACKMASTER
07-11-2018, 07:09 PM
But ya see that’s part of the ridiculous unwritten rules that we FAT pilots were never told about during our “transition”. The next thing you know some FA is giving you grief (not that I care or put up with it) for not following company nonrev CULTure.

I almost always sit towards the back to get the best chance of no one in the middle seat next to me, but then you have the poor souls from other airlines that don’t know the “secret handshake” to nonrevving on SWA.

Just another example of how this company has to make almost everything more difficult than it needs to be.

e6bpilot
07-12-2018, 10:02 AM
This is an interesting thread jack, but I agree. I am actually less stressed when I OAL jumpseat because I am always told where to sit, usually in an exit row (shocked face!) or economy plus type of seat. I don’t have to worry about preboarding, pushing wheelchairs, or stowing my bag.
The only time I get nervous is on OAL when I walk up to list and there are 7 white shirts standing around looking to stab someone for the CRJ jumpseat.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1