Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Pages : [1] 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

TillerTemptress
07-12-2018, 06:59 PM
Alright, since the old thread broke and it's getting to be a bit ridiculous anyway now, it's time for a new thread.

First off, reposting for all eternity: http://www.captiongenerator.com/1030822/Compass-All-Call

Second off, FAQ:

What base can I expect out of training?

This is a moving target, PHX, LAX, or SEA are all achievable out of training or close as of this writing*. PHX is certainly a lot smaller but an easy commute to LAX if you have to, no one base seems much more senior than any of the others. LAX is probably the most 'junior' but it seems that most have their base of choice out of training or within a month.

What is reserve time?

... also a moving target. Current hires can expect 2-3 months of reserve, but be prepared to sit up to 6 months just realistically if hiring were to slow/pause, or if the floor for FO's goes back to 75 and there's less lines, depending on your base, we don't wanna hear your whining, many people here spent years on reserve at other carriers. But it seems reasonable to expect at least 6 months, with the possibility of less or more, that's regional life!

What is upgrade time?
Seems to hold pretty steady at about ~2 to 2.25 years** on average, might be less for some with the big gap in hiring, but those captains have already been hired. Some CA already on property are going to have waited 2.5 years. Bottom line, this place is always hemorrhaging pilots to the majors, and we don't have lifers. Everybody just wants out.

Why does everybody want out?
Because the company is owned by Hulas and has zero ability to manage, long term plan, pairings are pretty garbage, etc. But the crews are great and everybody has a great time.

I heard Endeavor/Envoy/Republic/Skywest is buying you/taking your planes/stapling you to the bottom/taking your momma out to dinner.
Is that a question? Go back to the skywest thread, word302.
No, but seriously, nobody knows what happens after 2020, it is a big question mark just like it was for Air Whisky. With big risk, comes big reward. Management doesn't have to tell us anything, and they haven't said much about longterm plans other than "Delta and American love us and we are like their favorite best performers so why would they fire us omggg!??"

What is a snack basket auditor?
The snack basket auditor is responsible for performing an occasional leg-by-leg audit of the contents of the snack basket. It is one of the most important job descriptions at Compass.

TillerTemptress
07-12-2018, 07:01 PM
New thread go! Fill up the page with memes!

https://i.imgflip.com/2dx2fs.jpg

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-12-2018, 07:44 PM
HAHAHA love this. Actually pretty helpful too! I'm on board T!

poorflyer
07-12-2018, 08:00 PM
Damn word302 gets called out on the first new page of the compass saga. He's now an honorary compass pilot.

VIRotate
07-12-2018, 08:15 PM
Haha word302 is famous!

Just checking in to say hi as part of the new Compass thread! I hope this one can be as homely as the last one!

Only positive vibes! The only thing you are allowed to complain about:

1. Hats
2. Wearing blazers in July
3. APU for the next crew
4. Lack of frosted Oreos after a plane swap with BobbyLee.

Stan Dingbye
07-12-2018, 08:44 PM
Alright, since the old thread broke and it's getting to be a bit ridiculous anyway now, it's time for a new thread.

First off, reposting for all eternity: http://www.captiongenerator.com/1030822/Compass-All-Call

Second off, FAQ:

What base can I expect out of training?

This is a moving target, PHX, LAX, or SEA are all achievable out of training or close as of this writing*. PHX is certainly a lot smaller but an easy commute to LAX if you have to, no one base seems much more senior than any of the others. LAX is probably the most 'junior' but it seems that most have their base of choice out of training or within a month.

What is reserve time?

... also a moving target. Current hires can expect 2-3 months of reserve, but be prepared to sit up to 6 months just realistically if hiring were to slow/pause, or if the floor for FO's goes back to 75 and there's less lines, depending on your base, we don't wanna hear your whining, many people here spent years on reserve at other carriers. But it seems reasonable to expect at least 6 months, with the possibility of less or more, that's regional life!

What is upgrade time?
Seems to hold pretty steady at about ~2 to 2.25 years** on average, might be less for some with the big gap in hiring, but those captains have already been hired. Some CA already on property are going to have waited 2.5 years. Bottom line, this place is always hemorrhaging pilots to the majors, and we don't have lifers. Everybody just wants out.

Because the company is owned by Hulas and has zero ability to manage, long term plan, pairings are pretty garbage, etc. But the crews are great and everybody has a great time.

I heard Endeavor/Envoy/Republic/Skywest is buying you/taking your planes/stapling you to the bottom/taking your momma out to dinner.
Is that a question? Go back to the skywest thread, word302.
No, but seriously, nobody knows what happens after 2020, it is a big question mark just like it was for Air Whisky. With big risk, comes big reward. Management doesn't have to tell us anything, and they haven't said much about longterm plans other than "Delta and American love us and we are like their favorite best performers so why would they fire us omggg!??"

What is a snack basket auditor?
The snack basket auditor is responsible for performing an occasional leg-by-leg audit of the contents of the snack basket. It is one of the most important job descriptions at Compass.

Iím a total noob, but If the floor went back to 75, wouldnít that mean more hours to go around, and therefore less time on reserve? I know there are lots of variables - number of FOs, block hours increase or decrease, etc.

Sorry to get all serious, please resume normal snack basket banter now :)

TillerTemptress
07-12-2018, 08:48 PM
Iím a total noob, but If the floor went back to 75, wouldnít that mean more hours to go around, and therefore less time on reserve? I know there are lots of variables - number of FOs, block hours increase or decrease, etc.

Sorry to get all serious, please resume normal snack basket banter now :)

I mean sorta but the floor has always been a joke anyway, ask any captain getting 95 hours while the floor isn't raised.
Presumably when they drop it, it's cause there's less hours and yeah I dunno maybe you're right but right now they've barely had ANY reserves just due to however many hours, I assume when they get staffed they will try to have 10-15% reserve coverage again at a minimum.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-12-2018, 09:44 PM
This is my new thread haha. I will obnoxiously respond to anyone on the other thread on this one

Shake n bake

mpet
07-12-2018, 09:55 PM
This thread is also APCs designated area for posting west coast classics.

Wesssssssssiiiiiiiide

https://youtu.be/v7dq9Uk2178

VIRotate
07-13-2018, 01:11 AM
Parties over guys. Old thread is back up and running. Fun while it lasted.

FODhopper
07-13-2018, 05:52 AM
Why does the fun have to stop? ... That lead post was #Tremendous. Please explain the floor... Is it hours or # of pilots?

3PerRev
07-13-2018, 06:15 AM
Took a few months off from the forums, but man is it good to be back. You guys really do keep it interesting/funny while actually answering questions.

Are most people on reserve flying or sitting?

Slowhawk
07-13-2018, 06:35 AM
Are we using this thread or the other one? My little heart canít take this

Excargodog
07-13-2018, 07:04 AM
Why does the fun have to stop? ... That lead post was #Tremendous. Please explain the floor... Is it hours or # of pilots?

Well, both. This started out as a management induced FO shortage but since you lose a lot more captains going off to the majors than you do FOs, it is in the process of morphing in to a captain shortage as more newbie's are shoved in at the bottom. Also playing into this is the price of oil (Price of oil? Wherinhell did THAT come from?) which plays into ticket cost and overall flying demand. But generally speaking, yeah, divide the total number of flying hours by the number of available captains and by the number of available FOs and that gives you the average number of hours that SOMEBODY will have to fly that month.

But for this summer,we are going to be working our butts off which the veterans here will tell you still beats the h€|| out of sitting reserve and flying 30 hours a month (which a friend of mine did for his first three months at Horizon) as a new FO. And in the fall when a lot of our senior captains who have already gotten the call leave to go into training we are probably going to be short of captains even when flying hours go down from their usual summer surge, because we'll lose a lot of those captains to greener pastures and we still won't be exactly flush for FOs either since we'll be losing twenty or so of our senior FOs a month to upgrade training.

if you choose to come to Compass you are unlikely to be bored.

Oh, and if you are looking for chocolate covered mini Oreos on an aircraft BobbyLee just got off, it's sort of like feeding AFTER the sharks. The pickings are pretty sparse.

FlytheSky
07-13-2018, 08:36 AM
First off, I'm honored, TillerTemptress that you picked one of the titles I came up with.

Second, for those considering Compass, please know that the forums can be an accurate representation of the time we have at the job. Lots of laughs to make up for the MEL's and other things that happen during a trip. My number 1 complaint from flight attendants is always "what's going on up there? We can hear you guys laughing up there and some passengers are starting to look confused at us..." I can't say that I'd come to Compass if I lived in base somewhere else, but living in a Compass base, or with an easy commute to a Compass base, I'd definitely put it on my short list of places to strongly consider.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-13-2018, 08:49 AM
Oh, and if you are looking for chocolate covered mini Oreos on an aircraft BobbyLee just got off, it's sort of like feeding AFTER the sharks. The pickings are pretty sparse.

You guys can have 'em. I've been enrolled in 'fat camp'. The only snack baskets I'll be auditing have carrots and cauliflower in them.

https://i.imgflip.com/2dycgb.jpg

Fr8Thrust
07-13-2018, 09:30 AM
Good Morning Compass Aviators,

We are pleased to announce that starting today there is a new employee helpdesk available to answer all of your Compass Airlines questions (Payroll, IT, Scheduling, Planning, Benefits, etc):

[email protected]

Thank You,
Compass Solutions Desk
A proud division of TSHSTL
ďCompanies that make your life easierĒ

PanchoBarnes
07-13-2018, 09:37 AM
I read the last page on the old thread and I ainít looking back, the party is here now. This thread is already lit

AirBat
07-13-2018, 09:53 AM
Are we using this thread or the other one? My little heart canít take this

This one. After 1300 pages the other one can be put to bed. Weíre gonna make this one lit AF!

VIRotate
07-13-2018, 11:14 AM
My number 1 complaint from flight attendants is always "what's going on up there? We can hear you guys laughing up there and some passengers are starting to look confused at us..."

This! I get this all the time! I just shrug and say we were having a good time. If laughter confuses passengers, I wonder what a scream or two would do? 😂

Good news guys, I think I broke the thread again. This one is officially it now!

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-13-2018, 11:37 AM
This! I get this all the time! I just shrug and say we were having a good time. If laughter confuses passengers, I wonder what a scream or two would do? 😂

Good news guys, I think I broke the thread again. This one is officially it now!

Haha yes you did. Nice job. That is so funny, I have heard the exact same thing from FAs lol, probably when we flew. Good thing the engines drown out most of the laughter in flight

VIRotate
07-13-2018, 12:04 PM
Haha yes you did. Nice job. That is so funny, I have heard the exact same thing from FAs lol, probably when we flew. Good thing the engines drown out most of the laughter in flight

Iím pretty sure we got it a few times that trip! 😂

Av8rPHX
07-13-2018, 12:52 PM
You guys can have 'em. I've been enrolled in 'fat camp'. The only snack baskets I'll be auditing have carrots and cauliflower in them.

https://i.imgflip.com/2dycgb.jpg

You never hear of people getting salmonella or E. coli from Oreos,salads on the other hand...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FollowMe
07-13-2018, 01:13 PM
You never hear of people getting salmonella or E. coli from Oreos,salads on the other hand...

Lmao, where is the ďlikeĒ button when you need it!

Excargodog
07-13-2018, 02:01 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2dz19i.jpg[/url]

Oreos are definitely better.

FlytheSky
07-13-2018, 02:46 PM

I had another time when I just showed my FO a master course in how to get the airplane to do a perfect flight idle descent the entire way into LAX on the IRNMN1 (back in the day) without touching the boards and had made a perfectly smooth transition to APP from NAV/FPA so that you couldn't even feel it just outside JETSA. The only way I was slowing down the plane was with flaps while keeping the plane at flight idle. My FO and I both started clapping because we both impressed each other with how smoothly that arrival happened. Unfortunately, due to being at flight idle, our claps were heard outside. When we landed the FA's said "why were you clapping as we were coming into land? Some passengers asked us why you were clapping. When we heard the gear come down a couple of seconds later, we figured (and told the passengers) that it was because they were able to get the landing gear down." :eek:

Work doesn't feel like work when you make it fun! :D

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-13-2018, 02:54 PM
Me and a buddy did they same thing after getting 'speed your discretion, at or above all altitudes' ;)

VIRotate
07-13-2018, 04:30 PM
I had another time when I just showed my FO a master course in how to get the airplane to do a perfect flight idle descent the entire way into LAX on the IRNMN1 (back in the day) without touching the boards and had made a perfectly smooth transition to APP from NAV/FPA so that you couldn't even feel it just outside JETSA. The only way I was slowing down the plane was with flaps while keeping the plane at flight idle. My FO and I both started clapping because we both impressed each other with how smoothly that arrival happened. Unfortunately, due to being at flight idle, our claps were heard outside. When we landed the FA's said "why were you clapping as we were coming into land? Some passengers asked us why you were clapping. When we heard the gear come down a couple of seconds later, we figured (and told the passengers) that it was because they were able to get the landing gear down." :eek:

Work doesn't feel like work when you make it fun! :D

Hahahaha that is an epic story! Totally made me chuckle picturing that! 😂

FlytheSky
07-13-2018, 04:34 PM
Me and a buddy did they same thing after getting 'speed your discretion, at or above all altitudes' ;)

Shh! Don't give away my secret, BobbyLee! ;)

flyjustinfly
07-13-2018, 05:45 PM
[QUOTE=VIRotate;2634153]This! I get this all the time! I just shrug and say we were having a good time. If laughter confuses passengers, I wonder what a scream or two would do? 😂

Try it and get back to us :D

Taco280AI
07-13-2018, 06:09 PM

The hat. Hot, uncomfortable, one more thing to commute with...

Poser765
07-13-2018, 06:58 PM
The hat. Hot, uncomfortable, one more thing to commute with...dude, Iím already packing as much stuff as a flight attendant. At least the hat is easy to carry on my head.

Taco280AI
07-13-2018, 07:04 PM
dude, Iím already packing as much stuff as a flight attendant. At least the hat is easy to carry on my head.

The day before/after a trip when not in uniform? I like your commitment

poorflyer
07-13-2018, 07:16 PM
I wear my hat when I land because it makes be a better pilot.

VIRotate
07-13-2018, 07:52 PM

Agreed. I lower my seat all the way and fly with it on. Gives me +25 aviator skill. You know those planes you hate to get with the seat to the floor? Youíre welcome.

mpet
07-13-2018, 08:40 PM
I wear my hat when I land because it makes be a better pilot.Wait till you wear the Blazer and hat together

poorflyer
07-13-2018, 09:00 PM
Agreed. I lower my seat all the way and fly with it on. Gives me +25 aviator skill. You know those planes you hate to get with the seat to the floor? Youíre welcome.

I literally got one today and if I found out it was you, so help me MW, I will leave hats all over your front lawn.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-13-2018, 09:04 PM
I literally got one today and if I found out it was you, so help me MW, I will leave hats all over your front lawn.

This! I got one the other day too. Not sure if you've upgraded yet VIR, but if it was you, I will pour my newly prescribed 'Hydroxycut' powder all over the floor beneath your seat!

poorflyer
07-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Wanted:
Seat Bandit

Reward:
More hats

PanchoBarnes
07-13-2018, 11:41 PM
This! I got one the other day too. Not sure if you've upgraded yet VIR, but if it was you, I will pour my newly prescribed 'Hydroxycut' powder all over the floor beneath your seat!

Just got one last trip with both seats on the floor and speaker volume at 99! I think someone was pulling a prank.

MrBogardi
07-14-2018, 02:51 AM
Iíll miss that ďthe emb 145 doesnít make money postĒ.

VIRotate
07-14-2018, 03:13 AM
I'm not the seat bandit guys. Sorry to disappoint! I keep mine at the 5'8 - 6'2 level...ya know like a normal person! :D

tomgoodman
07-14-2018, 04:44 AM
Got tired of having to raise the seat. Bought a pair of elevator pants. :D

FollowMe
07-14-2018, 05:00 AM

Panel seems legit.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/la-to-vegas-grid-uproxx.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Motoxer66
07-14-2018, 07:40 AM
I'm not the seat bandit guys. Sorry to disappoint! I keep mine at the 5'8 - 6'2 level...ya know like a normal person! :D

I'll get on that band wagon, I cant stand it when I get in a DL ship and the seat is raised halfway to the moon.

TransWorld
07-14-2018, 07:47 AM
Got tired of having to raise the seat. Bought a pair of elevator pants. :D

I donít like when the elevator pants go all the way to the penthouse, unless of course she is a cute FA. Then she can push that penthouse button all she wants.

tomgoodman
07-14-2018, 08:49 AM
I donít like when the elevator pants go all the way to the penthouse, unless of course she is a cute FA. Then she can push that penthouse button all she wants.

You may have bought the cheaper house brand. Insist on top-grade Kardashian elevator pants. :D

mpet
07-14-2018, 10:27 AM
Panel seems legit.

https://uproxx.files.wordpress.com/2017/12/la-to-vegas-grid-uproxx.jpg?quality=95&w=650

Jitterbugs and oversized panels are much needed for the geris at mainline

42jeff
07-14-2018, 12:39 PM
...but this thread is much more entertaining than anything currently at the Endeavor boards. I echo the call to stay at the new thread.

Also, for the record we are either taking your airplanes, your pilots, neither your planes nor your pilots, and/or your dank memes.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-14-2018, 12:55 PM
...but this thread is much more entertaining than anything currently at the Endeavor boards. I echo the call to stay at the new thread.

Also, for the record we are either taking your airplanes, your pilots, neither your planes nor your pilots, and/or your dank memes.

https://i.imgflip.com/2e0qtw.jpg

Reserve King
07-14-2018, 02:28 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2e0qtw.jpg

Your All Call shenanigans are on the 9E thread, deservedly so. Well done guys. I think itís undisputed that the CPZ pilot group is the most fun pilot group. At least online. On the overnight....that may be another story.

poorflyer
07-14-2018, 02:35 PM

https://i.imgflip.com/2e0w78.jpg

TillerTemptress
07-14-2018, 03:06 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2e0xmn.jpg

This one has nothing to do with Compass, it's just great.
https://i.imgflip.com/2duv5l.jpg

ninerdriver
07-14-2018, 04:00 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2e0xmn.jpg

Not SkyWest! That's the important part. ;)

(chill out, chill out... it's a joke.)

VIRotate
07-14-2018, 08:13 PM
Ha ha Poser thread officially closed! You got the last word in. Funny enough I saw that and was like ďwtf who would post hereĒ. You know forum me well, just not real me! :D

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-14-2018, 08:24 PM
Ha ha Poser thread officially closed! You got the last word in. Funny enough I saw that and was like ďwtf who would post hereĒ. You know forum me well, just not real me! :D

It was tempting to respond but I got keep my promise to stay on this thread

Poser765
07-14-2018, 09:12 PM
Ha ha Poser thread officially closed! You got the last word in. Funny enough I saw that and was like ďwtf who would post hereĒ. You know forum me well, just not real me! :Dlol holy crap... 13 THOUSANDS posts and I get the last word! Itís like a million voices suddenly cried out then were gone.

Im now going to refer to myself as Grand Moff Poser.

Seriously, though, Iím prouder of this than I should be.

TillerTemptress
07-14-2018, 09:42 PM
Niiiice. I had asked the mods to pop lock and drop it, and they came through!

FlytheSky
07-14-2018, 09:43 PM
I'm still just proud that TillerTemptress chose one of my submissions. Makes me smile each time I see this thread. :)

VIRotate
07-14-2018, 10:04 PM
lol holy crap... 13 THOUSANDS posts and I get the last word! Itís like a million voices suddenly cried out then were gone.

Im now going to refer to myself as Grand Moff Poser.

Seriously, though, Iím prouder of this than I should be.

You and Flythesky left your mark on Compass forever. When you guys are retiring wide body CAs, you'll look back on this and remember the good ol days.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 05:42 AM
Why is it that we all stand evenly spaced staring forward waiting for the employee bus like we're in the 'City of Angels' movie? So creepy!

https://i.imgflip.com/2e1tt3.jpg

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 05:54 AM
I started my day with a boat load of coffee and 2 episodes of 'comedians in cars getting coffee' and now I'm in this reflective mood about my life in lax at compass. I have more reflective questions I'll post today...

poorflyer
07-15-2018, 06:24 AM
Why is it that we all stand evenly spaced staring forward waiting for the employee bus like we're in the 'City of Angels' movie? So creepy!

https://i.imgflip.com/2e1tt3.jpg

And then all those people who showed up last second in the back will decide to walk in front of you to get in the bus first. But just because they got on first doesn't mean they'll move. No they'll stand right in the middle door blocking the luggage rack and forcing others to squeeze through to the other areas of the bus. Or better yet they'll SIT in the luggage racks and mumble some crap under their breath when you ask them to move. And don't even get me STARTED on the TSA employees on the bus. The LAX employee bus is by far the worse thing about this job.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 07:06 AM
And then all those people who showed up last second in the back will decide to walk in front of you to get in the bus first. But just because they got on first doesn't mean they'll move. No they'll stand right in the middle door blocking the luggage rack and forcing others to squeeze through to the other areas of the bus. Or better yet they'll SIT in the luggage racks and mumble some crap under their breath when you ask them to move. And don't even get me STARTED on the TSA employees on the bus. The LAX employee bus is by far the worse thing about this job.

And what's up with the person who shoves their way forward when you get dropped off as if they are the only ones getting off!

Shoving person: "can you move? This is my stop"

Oh I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the only one trying to get off!

poorflyer
07-15-2018, 07:28 AM
Or the people waiting at the stop and once the doors open shove their way in all the while I'm trying to leave and hold 2 bags while trying to put on my ALL GLORIOUS HAT. It's like a salmon swimming upstream.

Poser765
07-15-2018, 07:31 AM
Or the people waiting at the stop and once the doors open shove their way in all the while I'm trying to leave and hold 2 bags while trying to put on my ALL GLORIOUS HAT. It's like a salmon swimming upstream.aw heck naw. I will stand there and stare at them while blocking the door till they move. Literally nobody is getting on or off that damn bus until you learn some bloody manners, little miss airserv person.

poorflyer
07-15-2018, 07:42 AM
aw heck naw. I will stand there and stare at them while blocking the door till they move. Literally nobody is getting on or off that damn bus until you learn some bloody manners, little miss airserv person.

I use the blitzkrieg approach and just use my handy luggage works bag and put it in front of me and force my way through. Might even leave a comment on Luggageworks website that it works like a cow catcher when plowing through opposing G2 employees.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 08:06 AM
And what about the guy who sits and watches you exit the parking lot?? I just want to know what that interview was like...

Interviewer: I see your background and qualifications really meet the needs of this position. Are you able to sit with a glazed look for several hours. Are you well-versed in the use of Netflix on your phone?

https://i.imgflip.com/2e20k8.jpg

poorflyer
07-15-2018, 08:28 AM
I never see them using ear protection either. Constant heavies flying over at 200 feet for 8 hours must cause long term hearing damage. But I guess it's better than whatever job they used to have.

FlytheSky
07-15-2018, 08:38 AM
And what's up with the person who shoves their way forward when you get dropped off as if they are the only ones getting off!

Shoving person: "can you move? This is my stop"

Oh I'm sorry, didn't realize you were the only one trying to get off!

I always say "this is my stop, too" while performing a blocking maneuver. BobbyLeeSwagger, this is why you don't need that Hydroxycut! Size matters when it comes to intimidating those who don't understand bus manners.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 09:28 AM
I always say "this is my stop, too" while performing a blocking maneuver. BobbyLeeSwagger, this is why you don't need that Hydroxycut! Size matters when it comes to intimidating those who don't understand bus manners.

Haha good point.. however, my goal is to be like Jarred.... minus the statutory rape prison sentence, of course.

https://i.imgflip.com/2e25um.jpg

prplmnkydshwshr
07-15-2018, 09:41 AM
I always say "this is my stop, too" while performing a blocking maneuver. BobbyLeeSwagger, this is why you don't need that Hydroxycut! Size matters when it comes to intimidating those who don't understand bus manners.Don't worry y'all. The poor employee bus manners thing is cross cultural. We see the exact same stuff up north.

"I'm a flight attendant so I get to be the first one on, but I'm going to sit in the first seat I see and keep my 4 bags directly in front of me so I can block the aisle for the other 40 people boarding after me."

"HI I'm a wide body captain. I'm too good to step up to the back of the bus so I'm going to stop and stand by the back door with my bags so I can block the remaining 15 seats for anyone who might want to use them."

PanchoBarnes
07-15-2018, 10:20 AM
This thread is on point!!
I literally had a TSA guy get salty with me pushing past me before we got to the next stop and he said ďmove! Itís my stopĒ

I said ďwell itís mine too, so youíll have to waitĒ and did not move out of his way.

Shouldíve started playing ďI wonít back downĒ on my phone.

Poser765
07-15-2018, 10:57 AM
I literally had a TSA guy get salty with me pushing past me before we got to the next stop and he said ďmove! Itís my stopĒ

I said ďwell itís mine too, so youíll have to waitĒ and did not move out of his way.

Shouldíve started playing ďI wonít back downĒ on my phone.oooooo thatís a dangerous game to be playing with a member of one the nations most elite law enforcement agencies.

Stan Dingbye
07-15-2018, 11:13 AM
You could make all the employee lot bus shenanigans go away by commuting to work, just sayiní...😁

PanchoBarnes
07-15-2018, 11:24 AM
Or maybe Iíll com lain on the next company call. Get it on the radar

poorflyer
07-15-2018, 11:29 AM
Or maybe Iíll com lain on the next company call. Get it on the radar

Tell them the bus experience is much better at SNA and so we should make that a new base. Did you know a few flight attendants live down there?

VIRotate
07-15-2018, 12:16 PM

Shouldíve started playing ďI wonít back downĒ on my phone.

Good for you!

https://preview.ibb.co/eMFWzJ/8_B6_BEE49_BAA0_4_A46_9_DCC_B586_D5_D7_C414.jpg

FlytheSky
07-15-2018, 01:13 PM
Tell them the bus experience is much better at SNA and so we should make that a new base. Did you know a few flight attendants live down there?

As someone who lives close to SNA, can confirm. Next time they want a SNA base, tell them they can always commute to SEA from SNA on our flights and get a seniority boost, too! Since SNA is such a magical place. ;)

NeverFlexTO
07-15-2018, 05:25 PM
Been gone for awhile now but I know myself and others Iíve talked to visit this thread for entertainment purposes...keep on keeping on...I miss the fun days at CPZ

JetDoc
07-15-2018, 05:59 PM
This bus thing in LAX sounds like The Hunger Games..

Poser765
07-15-2018, 07:20 PM
This bus thing in LAX sounds like The Hunger Games..Id like to say itís not that bad, but it is. The lax employee bus is a special kind of hell. For an entire year I exclusively rode the lot c bus. Shoot even now Iíll only take the employee bus TO the airport and the lot c bus FROM the airport.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 07:52 PM
Id like to say itís not that bad, but it is. The lax employee bus is a special kind of hell. For an entire year I exclusively rode the lot c bus. Shoot even now Iíll only take the employee bus TO the airport and the lot c bus FROM the airport.

I've never been waterboarded, but I imagine it's like taking the employee bus over a 30 yr career, just condensed into one moment. The eagle bus is a bonus punch to the gut to remind you that you're a mere regional pilot

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-15-2018, 08:00 PM
But I try to make the best of it all, this is me and my G2 homies at the eagle bus stop in T5

http://i67.tinypic.com/30c0nk2.gif

FlytheSky
07-15-2018, 09:03 PM
This bus thing in LAX sounds like The Hunger Games..

Yeah, but then again you don't have to deice in the hub, so that balances out the traffic, housing prices, gate delays, and flow delays, right? :confused:

Fr8Thrust
07-16-2018, 08:09 AM
oooooo thatís a dangerous game to be playing with a member of one the nations most elite law enforcement agencies.

Lets not give any more credit to the Smurf agents than they are owed; they are not LEOs. Only the FAM service (including FFDOs) operate in a Law Enforcement capacity, under the TSA.

FlytheSky
07-16-2018, 08:34 AM
Lets not give any more credit to the Smurf agents than they are owed; they are not LEOs. Only the FAM service (including FFDOs) operate in a Law Enforcement capacity, under the TSA.

Sarcasm detector inop...

Poser765
07-16-2018, 10:08 AM
Lets not give any more credit to the Smurf agents than they are owed; they are not LEOs. Only the FAM service (including FFDOs) operate in a Law Enforcement capacity, under the TSA.yeah I was hoping the sarcasm was so thick it was dripping off in globs to congeal on the ground in a smelly mess.

Believe me, I donít give them more credit than the deserve... Iím hesitant to give them ANY question.

FlytheSky
07-16-2018, 11:43 AM
My favorite TSA interaction occurred in LAX at terminal 3 shortly after the Delta move.

*while going through KCM scanning my badge for a 5:15 AM show time*

TSA Agent *while viewing my ID*: "You seem a little young to be an airline captain."
Me *due to the early hour, my filter hasn't yet finished its BIT*: "Well, that's because I'm not a real captain."
TSA Agent: "What do you mean?"
Me *realizing that answer might not have been the best thing to say to the person responsible for verifying my airline credentials*: "Well, I don't get paid like one!"

Fortunately I got out of that one with a chuckle and fortunately didn't have to explain the whole regional vs. legacy pay scales for pilots to that TSA Agent at 5 AM, but I know it easily could have happened. Now I've learned to say "Thanks. I just got my Botox shots yesterday." It is LAX after all!

TheNotoriousPIC
07-16-2018, 11:53 AM
Based on this thread I can see that Compass has a pilot group I could get along with.

I submitted an application on Friday and am anxious to hear back, anyone know when that might be? I read that a few months ago the recruiting department was quite busy and could take a little while to process applications.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-16-2018, 12:02 PM
Based on this thread I can see that Compass has a pilot group I could get along with.

I submitted an application on Friday and am anxious to hear back, anyone know when that might be? I read that a few months ago the recruiting department was quite busy and could take a little while to process applications.

LOL nicely done, sir

TheNotoriousPIC
07-16-2018, 12:03 PM
Thanks I'm doing my best

Stan Dingbye
07-16-2018, 12:36 PM
ok, taking one for the commuter team - riding in next to Braveheart who is manspreading the whole way.
#thestruggleisreal
https://m.imgur.com/a/jZER20M

poorflyer
07-16-2018, 01:29 PM
ok, taking one for the commuter team - riding in next to Braveheart who is manspreading the whole way.
#thestruggleisreal

Did he leave a sweaty butt print when he got up?

TLDR
07-16-2018, 03:53 PM
Haha loving the new thread guys. Don't mind me I'm just here to stir the pot a little. Anyone know if these are replacement jets or potentially some new flying Mesa can underbid us on again?

United Airlines Signs Contract for 25 Embraer E175s Jets (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/north-america/united-airlines-signs-contract-for-25-embraer-e175s-jets/)

Aviator147
07-16-2018, 04:00 PM
Haha loving the new thread guys. Don't mind me I'm just here to stir the pot a little. Anyone know if these are replacement jets or potentially some new flying Mesa can underbid us on again?

United Airlines Signs Contract for 25 Embraer E175s Jets (http://aviationtribune.com/airlines/north-america/united-airlines-signs-contract-for-25-embraer-e175s-jets/)

United is scoped out, they are replacements for some CRJ700s is the general thought.

AirBat
07-16-2018, 04:57 PM
Iíve heard we were bidding on United flying. Good sign seeing the 175 purchase today..

zondaracer
07-16-2018, 06:50 PM
25 E175s (70íseat config) to replace 25 CRJ700s... TSH happens to have exactly 25 CRJ700s for United 🤔

Paid2fly
07-16-2018, 07:15 PM
#thestruggleisreal

Whoa! That's just wrong!!:eek::eek::eek:

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-16-2018, 07:41 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/2e5dvr.jpg

Disclaimer: Man-steam not original to picture

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-16-2018, 07:43 PM
You could make all the employee lot bus shenanigans go away by commuting to work, just sayiní...😁

Just sayin ;)

Slowhawk
07-16-2018, 08:06 PM
I can say almost for sure we have a bid in for the UA flying. Not saying weíll get it..

FlytheSky
07-16-2018, 08:31 PM
I can say almost for sure we have a bid in for the UA flying. Not saying weíll get it..

https://i.imgur.com/ex0rqf4.jpg

PanchoBarnes
07-16-2018, 08:50 PM
Took me a second to realize TheNotoriousPIC was not BLS.
Nicely done.
Need a letter of rec Chief?

TheNotoriousPIC
07-16-2018, 10:46 PM
Who is BLS?

And if the letter is a serious offer that would be great.

Av8rPHX
07-17-2018, 04:22 AM
Who is BLS?

And if the letter is a serious offer that would be great.

Black Label Society ...

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-17-2018, 04:59 AM
Black Label Society ...

Ha I like that, could have been a thread title

Slowhawk
07-17-2018, 07:28 AM
Need a letter of rec Chief?

Yes

Filler

PanchoBarnes
07-17-2018, 08:34 AM
BLS is Bobby Lee Swagmaster the master of swag himself!

NotoriousPIC I could recommend you on the merit of good humor

TheNotoriousPIC
07-17-2018, 08:50 AM
That seems to go a long way with you guys, I hope all Compass pilots are as jocular.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-17-2018, 09:33 AM
New snack basket TA passed, got some new snacks for ya'll.

https://i.imgflip.com/2e6nhs.jpg

Enjoy. I'm still drinking asparagus through a straw feelin self-conscious about how my pee smells :o

FlytheSky
07-17-2018, 10:00 AM

Enjoy. I'm still drinking asparagus through a straw feelin self-conscious about how my pee smells :o

You get your nails painted, BobbyLee? You never struck me as the painted nail type...

FlyByNightly
07-17-2018, 10:02 AM
Sooooo

Looks like the 9E deal didn’t go through��

FlyByNightly
07-17-2018, 10:08 AM
Looks like the 9E deal didnít go through 😬

prplmnkydshwshr
07-17-2018, 10:32 AM
I keep seeing articles like this from all the majors.

https://news.delta.com/delta-propels-next-generation-pilots-through-innovative-career-paths

If only there was a giant database of people who wanted to work for Delta they could pull from....

(and yes I know they're just planning for when the database runs dry but I'm just feeling a little cynical right now)

poorflyer
07-17-2018, 10:42 AM
I think the majors realized they squeezed the regional model for every penny they could and know eventually it will reach even with the cost and savings. Next option would be ab initio like practically the rest of the world. Can anyone deny that the airlines are good at dangling carrots to young pilots? Doesn't it make sense they cut out the middle man and just promise high school and college kids an amazing career if they just sign a 10 year contract flying regional jets for pennies? Wouldn't be surprised if Delta starts going to high schools with the 3 remaining flight attendants that are under 30 to show off what they'll get to mingle with. I'm also cynical though.

JetDoc
07-17-2018, 11:34 AM
I keep seeing articles like this from all the majors.

https://news.delta.com/delta-propels-next-generation-pilots-through-innovative-career-paths

If only there was a giant database of people who wanted to work for Delta they could pull from....

(and yes I know they're just planning for when the database runs dry but I'm just feeling a little cynical right now)

Never has there been a larger group of sanctimonious gasbags. I stopped reading at "industry leading.."

theslyhombre
07-17-2018, 12:33 PM
TillerTemptress and Company,
Oh my aching abs!!! You guys are stinkin' hilarious! I am so sorry about the bus purgatory/hell you guys live with in Lower Alabama...
Loved the "BIT" sequence with TSA! Sounds like a Bill Engval skit; too bad we know it's true. Thanks for brightening my afternoon!!!

Boeing175
07-17-2018, 02:58 PM
Republic orders 100 E175 with options for 100 more.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180717005767/en/Republic-Airways-Signs-Letter-Intent-100-Embraer

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

TillerTemptress
07-17-2018, 03:03 PM
Republic orders 100 E175 with options for 100 more.

https://www.businesswire.com/news/home/20180717005767/en/Republic-Airways-Signs-Letter-Intent-100-Embraer

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

I hope they are putting some of them on their Compass certificate. :)

Good news though, TSH is ahead of the game with the MRJ order..
https://blog.transstates.net/category/mrj/

“Trans States pilots will love this jet,” Captain Hock enthused.

TRANS STATES PILOTS WILL NEVER FLY THAT JET, Captain TillerTemptress pointed out whilst laughing immensely.

Stan Dingbye
07-17-2018, 03:57 PM

Asparagus pee is the worst!

Tailfloatski
07-17-2018, 04:24 PM
https://www.forbes.com/sites/tedreed/2018/07/17/united-pilots-welcome-new-boeing-787s-and-say-let-us-fly-the-new-embraer-175s/

Here's a pilot group that says the right things. Hopefully the implication is to expand the company and get more regional pilots on board at the mainline.

Slowhawk
07-17-2018, 05:11 PM
Woah woah woah.

Republic adding 100 E715s

Makes me think really hard about jumping ship. Especially since Iím 600 hours from upgrade here..

poorflyer
07-17-2018, 05:28 PM
Woah woah woah.

Makes me think really hard about jumping ship. Especially since Iím 600 hours from upgrade here..

I'd imagine you'd upgrade before those planes came online.

TillerTemptress
07-17-2018, 06:06 PM
Woah woah woah.

It's a "letter of intent".
This is literally saying "we intend to buy 100"...

If you want to know how strong a letter of intent is, I would reference this:
Trans States Holdings announced the signing of a letter of intent on 2 October for 50 firm orders plus 50 options for MRJ aircraft, spread across the 70-seat MRJ70, 90-seat MRJ90 and the proposed 100-seat MRJ100.

Although no delivery schedule has been set, TSH vice-president of scheduling Fred Oxley told Flightglobal earlier this month that the first quarter of 2014 is the target to allow the MRJs to replace aircraft operating under existing capacity purchase agreements between regionals and US majors.

.... article is from 2009.
I mean to be fair, TSH still has the options, but the damn airplane is too heavy to ever fly anywhere thanks to scope clause. When they finally start delivering TSH will probably just sell their delivery positions to some Euro carriers that don't have the scope restrictions that we do in the USA.

poorflyer
07-17-2018, 06:18 PM
So looks like right seat qual has gotten FAA approval. Just want to send my thanks to our previous MEC for allowing this great change with only their own input. Thanks guys, and I hope you have a great career at Spirit.

Motoxer66
07-17-2018, 07:07 PM
So looks like right seat qual has gotten FAA approval. Just want to send my thanks to our previous MEC for allowing this great change with only their own input. Thanks guys, and I hope you have a great career at Spirit.

Delta Propel Pilot Career Path Program...DPI...this BS...whats next?:eek:

42jeff
07-17-2018, 07:09 PM
Ok so what is the "right seat qual" and please explain why youre bitter about it.

poorflyer
07-17-2018, 07:32 PM
Captains will now be qualified to act as a Captain qualified First Officer. The company claims they'll only be used once FO reserves are expended, however we've been almost purposely short FOs for over a year and have had a broken reserve tracking software for longer. So essentially the company has access to an excuse to not staff by using Captains as FOs. Our last MEC allowed the company to do this and didn't advise the pilot group or let us vote on it. We gained little and the company gained a lot. Not to mention the MEC extended our contract 2 years again without our input or vote. This was essentially a lame duck act by the last MEC as they were immediately replaced and some even immediately left for another company leaving the mess for us to bare.

Edit: This is heavily opiniated post but I will say if this was voted on I would've voted no.

GrassstripflyerZSE
07-17-2018, 07:41 PM
Word on the street is that you only get a Right Seat FO qual during CQ if you have enough time. I think there are plenty of items that could consume this time practicing as a CA. When was the last time you got to do a max crosswind in the left seat in the jet? I could use that!

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-17-2018, 07:44 PM
Ok so what is the "right seat qual" and please explain why youre bitter about it.

This subject changed me from lurker to poster last year. After I put my 2 cents in, I hadn't thought of "what next?" Eventually I turned to meming after VIROTATE showed me how on a trip lol. But look around page 759 on the old thread, we discussed it a lot last September when this first showed up.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-17-2018, 07:45 PM
Captains will now be qualified to act as a Captain qualified First Officer. The company claims they'll only be used once FO reserves are expended, however we've been almost purposely short FOs for over a year and have had a broken reserve tracking software for longer. So essentially the company has access to an excuse to not staff by using Captains as FOs. Our last MEC allowed the company to do this and didn't advise the pilot group or let us vote on it. We gained little and the company gained a lot. Not to mention the MEC extended our contract 2 years again without our input or vote. This was essentially a lame duck act by the last MEC as they were immediately replaced and some even immediately left for another company leaving the mess for us to bare.

Edit: This is heavily opiniated post but I will say if this was voted on I would've voted no.

I'm 100% with you on all of it

Stan Dingbye
07-17-2018, 09:32 PM
Delta Propel Pilot Career Path Program...DPI...this BS...whats next?:eek:

http://i67.tinypic.com/9pvwgn.jpg

TLDR
07-17-2018, 09:38 PM
So essentially the company has access to an excuse to not staff by using Captains as FOs

You nailed it. Increased upgrades, metered new hire classes, right seat qualification approval...all happening within a month of each other. I find it hard to believe that it is a coincidence.

Sadly, with a broken live reserve grid and availability list, there isn't much we can do to hold the company accountable for any right seat CA assignments.

my6FOh
07-17-2018, 10:25 PM
You nailed it. Increased upgrades, metered new hire classes, right seat qualification approval...all happening within a month of each other. I find it hard to believe that it is a coincidence.

Sadly, with a broken live reserve grid and availability list, there isn't much we can do to hold the company accountable for any right seat CA assignments.

They aren't supposed to use right seat captains until the reserve availability list is compliant. I'm sure they'll take the fly it and grieve it approach though.

nimbleNavigator
07-17-2018, 10:48 PM
Painmaker has been down for 48 hours! Also new thread what upppp

FlytheSky
07-17-2018, 11:03 PM

"And I voted no! LOA 72 sealed it for me!"

But seriously, I would have voted no right there with you. Although if the right seat program is now FAA approved, I'm going to laugh that the government got their act together quicker than the private sector (IOCC/Lido) did at their end. :p

FlytheSky
07-17-2018, 11:04 PM
Painmaker has been down for 48 hours! Also new thread what upppp

It's a Category C MEL. Give it a few more days. ;)

42jeff
07-18-2018, 03:24 AM

isnt compass shirt on captains anyway? seems like a knee jerk reaction to a manning issue.

JetDoc
07-18-2018, 06:12 AM
isnt compass shirt on captains anyway? seems like a knee jerk reaction to a manning issue.

It is a knee jerk reaction. Remember guys and girls, FAR 117 governs everything. Most of us are blocking 85-90 hours a month anyway with not much room to add any additional flying. I think the company will find the right seat captain thing will be a complete failure and was a utter waste of time and energy.

Excargodog
07-18-2018, 06:22 AM
It is a knee jerk reaction. Remember guys and girls, FAR 117 governs everything. Most of us are blocking 85-90 hours a month anyway with not much room to add any additional flying. I think the company will find the right seat captain thing will be a complete failure and was a utter waste of time and energy.

That ^^^^

You lose a lot more captains to the majors than you do FOs. Until upgrades match or nearly match newbie hiring, it's hard to see this being a problem.

poorflyer
07-18-2018, 07:20 AM
I wonder if it will be abused more on the junior manning side. Again this is all assuming the company will do some shady maneuvering of seniority and reserve lists, but it allows them to junior man a captain to an FO position because you are the most junior man "available", again weak wording in our contract.

AirBat
07-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Does anybody use the 5 port XLR Connection? (Airbus type) Does it provide ships power or do you still need batteries?

Fr8Thrust
07-18-2018, 02:59 PM
Painmaker

LMAO 😂

Can someone please ask on the next call why our planes are falling apart at all the seams? ...when estíg SJC/PHX, and giving away the 170s/MSP was supposed to ďstreamline our operationĒ. What a joke this clown show mgmt team is. Our MX bases are so short they canít fix any cabin items on RONs and I bet that Keystone MX in SLC just paid for his retirement with all the business weíve been throwing at them.

poorflyer
07-18-2018, 03:04 PM
LMAO 😂

Can someone please ask on the next call why our planes are falling apart at all the seems? ...when SJC/PHX, and giving away the 170s/MSP was supposed to ďstreamline the operationĒ. What a joke this clown show mgmt team is. Our MX bases are so short they canít fix any cabin items on RONs and I bet that Keystone MX in SLC just paid for his retirement with all the business weíve been throwing at them.

It's pretty much asked everytime and they have a vague answer everytime. Think last time they said MX is understaffed, I'm guessing most likely we don't pay enough. But always remember Delta and American "love us".

Fr8Thrust
07-18-2018, 03:16 PM
But always remember Delta and American "love us".

Compass might have started as a NWA company but Iíll start the rumor now: DL will cancel us and TSH will give the remainder to AA for $0 and Compass will become an AAL company, used (again) to strong-arm the other three into concessions.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-18-2018, 03:54 PM
LMAO 😂

Can someone please ask on the next call why our planes are falling apart at all the seams? ...when estíg SJC/PHX, and giving away the 170s/MSP was supposed to ďstreamline our operationĒ. What a joke this clown show mgmt team is. Our MX bases are so short they canít fix any cabin items on RONs and I bet that Keystone MX in SLC just paid for his retirement with all the business weíve been throwing at them.

https://i.imgflip.com/2ea1av.jpg

Selfloadcargo1
07-18-2018, 05:35 PM
LMAO 😂

Well, when you have three mechanics show up for an inop PTT switch and one goes to the engine pages on the MFD, one raids the snack basket, and the third flirts with the FAs- Iím not sure how they ever have time to fix anything... yeah, that happened.

ShooterMcGavin
07-18-2018, 07:44 PM
It's pretty much asked everytime and they have a vague answer everytime. Think last time they said MX is understaffed, I'm guessing most likely we don't pay enough. But always remember Delta and American "love us".

Brand new mechanics right out of A&P school coupled with Green supervisors at the MX bases and pooled parts located in MEM leads to a lot of things getting the ever lasting DMI stickers. Having almost 10 lines of flying through SLC doesn't help the folks in MSP route planes into a MX base for work either. At least the 20 AA birds almost all touch LAX at least once every 24 hours.

poorflyer
07-18-2018, 09:45 PM
Does anyone have a reference to if and when we need to use LOC/GS mode to intercept the final instead of LNAV. I've seen an uptick of people blowing through final, close to full dot deflection, using LOC/GS. I've asked some people and they've told me that's what you're supposed to do and I'm not smart enough to know if that's true or not. Either way, please for the love of god and the health of my anUs, if you're going to intercept with LOC/GS at least lead the turn with heading. The amount of times I've seen a compass pilot almost kiss tips with another plane at SFO is too damn high. So please, if there's a procedure that says technically that's right let me know so I can ask it to be changed.

mpet
07-19-2018, 01:47 AM
Does anyone have a reference to if and when we need to use LOC/GS mode to intercept the final instead of LNAV. I've seen an uptick of people blowing through final, close to full dot deflection, using LOC/GS. I've asked some people and they've told me that's what you're supposed to do and I'm not smart enough to know if that's true or not. Either way, please for the love of god and the health of my anUs, if you're going to intercept with LOC/GS at least lead the turn with heading. The amount of times I've seen a compass pilot almost kiss tips with another plane at SFO is too damn high. So please, if there's a procedure that says technically that's right let me know so I can ask it to be changed.

Lol people join the loc in green needles? I almost never see people do that and we definitely didn't do it in the 200

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-19-2018, 03:21 AM

GPS can substitute for LOC outside FAF. That's crazy about SFO, I use SFO as a example of why it can really be important to consider a pink needle intercept to new FOs.

Authorized under OPSS B034, terminal area begins inside 30mi and ends at FAF.

FlytheSky
07-19-2018, 06:07 AM
GPS can substitute for LOC outside FAF. That's crazy about SFO, I use SFO as a example of why it can really be important to consider a pink needle intercept to new FOs.

Exactly. The only requirement for being in LOC/GS is inside the FAF. I preach it to FOs even going into LAX because I've even had controllers there ask me about it sometimes if we're intercepting at a good rate and the FO picked LOC/GS. In SFO I'd probably go so far as to tell them to use NAV for the intercept for a while until established, then swap over to LOC/GS when convenient. You're PIC, so you're allowed to do it (especially if it's in the interest of safety). Just my two cents. :)

Motoxer66
07-19-2018, 07:09 AM
Exactly. The only requirement for being in LOC/GS is inside the FAF. I preach it to FOs even going into LAX because I've even had controllers there ask me about it sometimes if we're intercepting at a good rate and the FO picked LOC/GS. In SFO I'd probably go so far as to tell them to use NAV for the intercept for a while until established, then swap over to LOC/GS when convenient. You're PIC, so you're allowed to do it (especially if it's in the interest of safety). Just my two cents. :)

^^^^
I can admit I did this a time or two, Ive watched a few CA's do it also. Its not pretty in either case. ;)

IMO I think the LNAV/FPA double capture by around the 4miles/FAF works awesome. Especially if your gonna capture the course beyond a conservative 15 degree intercept.

poorflyer
07-19-2018, 07:31 AM

Awesome thanks. Ya idk if there's an old sim instructor or a picky check airmen but I'm seeing some CAs insist on using LOC/GS to intercept so it's coming from somewhere.

Motoxer66
07-19-2018, 07:32 AM
For guys interested in United this is an interesting listen

https://vimeo.com/279881849

Mandrake
07-19-2018, 08:24 AM

There is nowhere that says you have to intercept LOC/GS in green needles. If you are flying a LOC/ILS you can be in green needles pure and simple. Furthermore, we should not be insisting that our fellow pilots fly a certain technique on the line. With regards to "blowing through final" you are either flying too fast or it was a crappy vector.

poorflyer
07-19-2018, 08:33 AM
There is nowhere that says you have to intercept LOC/GS in green needles. If you are flying a LOC/ILS you can be in green needles pure and simple. Furthermore, we should not be insisting that our fellow pilots fly a certain technique on the line. With regards to "blowing through final" you are either flying too fast or it was a crappy vector.

Even with a bad vector it doesn't mean you just have to fly the assigned heading until you are on top of the final course, which is what our airplane seems to like. You are still allowed to intercept the course even when assigned a heading.

Valkyrie
07-19-2018, 10:54 AM
Compass might have started as a NWA company but Iíll start the rumor now: DL will cancel us and TSH will give the remainder to AA for $0 and Compass will become an AAL company, used (again) to strong-arm the other three into concessions.

This would be a better scenario then the current situation for the minority, myself included.

ShooterMcGavin
07-19-2018, 11:05 AM
Supposedly there's been some DL big wig at building C this week visiting maintenance. That can't be good news for contract extensions

Excargodog
07-19-2018, 11:09 AM
Supposedly there's been some DL big wig at building C this week visiting maintenance. That can't be good news for contract extensions

That's in preparation for the acquisition and staple.

:rolleyes:

ninerdriver
07-19-2018, 11:12 AM

Curious... are you allowed to hand fly to intercept the LOC if the autopilot is going to fly through it? On the CRJ, the localizer can get stupid deflected sometimes if we're approaching at much more than a two-degree thirty-degree intercept. We generally kick George to the jumpseat once he starts doing something stupid, and we'll hand fly to (re-)intercept the course from there.

VIRotate
07-19-2018, 11:31 AM
Curious... are you allowed to hand fly to intercept the LOC if the autopilot is going to fly through it? On the CRJ, the localizer can get stupid deflected sometimes if we're approaching at much more than a two-degree thirty-degree intercept. We generally kick George to the jumpseat once he starts doing something stupid, and we'll hand fly to (re-)intercept the course from there.

Oh yeah for sure. We can kick it off whenever. If it starts doing something strange, click click. Especially if itís going to try and blast through a LOC.

poutine
07-19-2018, 12:43 PM

Why dont just load the GPS approach and fly magenta whole way down?

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-19-2018, 12:50 PM

Because we're gangstas

mpet
07-19-2018, 01:10 PM

We are Grove Street we ain't no ballas punks. Green flags green needle range Rover painted flat green

nimbleNavigator
07-19-2018, 02:35 PM
Does anybody use the 5 port XLR Connection? (Airbus type) Does it provide ships power or do you still need batteries?

Yes, it works great. We have an ANR port onboard that uses shipís power, I havenít changed my batteries in 2 years.

170toFINKA
07-19-2018, 04:12 PM
Awesome thanks. Ya idk if there's an old sim instructor or a picky check airmen but I'm seeing some CAs insist on using LOC/GS to intercept so it's coming from somewhere.

If you mean selecting APP (arming LOC/GS) when cleared for the ILS approach, then it's coming from the sims for new hires:

1. When doing the ILS, it was tune the localizer, hit PREV then dial in the inbound course, when cleared hit APP, look for the white LOC/GS, when GS captured set the missed approach altitude.

2. Doing a LOC only, it was go green needles, tune the localizer, when cleared hit NAV, look for the white LOC, break the altitude if flying FPA in lieu of a step-down, etc.

That was all outside the FAF. Wasn't till I was on the line that I saw alternatives that gave me smooth captures.

170toFINKA
07-19-2018, 04:19 PM
New here, thought I'd introduce myself.

Fresh out of the schoolhouse and got a line after a month of reserve. Every crew I've flown with has been awesome--no bitter lifers, no tools. I swear I flew with a CA who could have been Jeff Spicoli, totally cool.

Not perfect by a long shot, but the guys and gals here make life muy tolerable.

And my seniority went up 9%, woohoo!

FollowMe
07-19-2018, 04:37 PM
Because we're gangstas

https://www.rapmusicguide.com/amass/images/inventory/7699/Westside%20Connection%20-%20Gangstas%20Make%20The%20World%20Go%20Round.jpg

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-19-2018, 04:56 PM
If you mean selecting APP (arming LOC/GS) when cleared for the ILS approach, then it's coming from the sims for new hires:

1. When doing the ILS, it was tune the localizer, hit PREV then dial in the inbound course, when cleared hit APP, look for the white LOC/GS, when GS captured set the missed approach altitude.

2. Doing a LOC only, it was go green needles, tune the localizer, when cleared hit NAV, look for the white LOC, break the altitude if flying FPA in lieu of a step-down, etc.

That was all outside the FAF. Wasn't till I was on the line that I saw alternatives that gave me smooth captures.

Haha yeah, its training. Flyin over the great plains of sim land fuel is free, nobody's behind you, and you are always #1. It works when you're new to the plane and fully configured at GS intercept. Then you get to the line and we're yelling at rampers out the window spitting popcorn as we talk trying to drop the brake because the headsets dont work, while the FO is making paper airplanes out of the release because we forgot to hand it out and we're trying to "land the plane" on the GA's hands clasped open trying to catch it in the wind! Hitting taxiway Charlie cement dips at 27kts trying to log extra landings yelling "yahoo! Shake n bake baby!"

And then we takeoff...

Beechnutz
07-19-2018, 07:44 PM
Haha yeah, its training. Flyin over the great plains of sim land fuel is free, nobody's behind you, and you are always #1. It works when you're new to the plane and fully configured at GS intercept. Then you get to the line and we're yelling at rampers out the window spitting popcorn as we talk trying to drop the brake because the headsets dont work, while the FO is making paper airplanes out of the release because we forgot to hand it out and we're trying to "land the plane" on the GA's hands clasped open trying to catch it in the wind! Hitting taxiway Charlie cement dips at 27kts trying to log extra landings yelling "yahoo! Shake n bake baby!"

And then we takeoff...

Post of the year!!! Seriously just about spit my drink out my nose.

Beechnutz
07-19-2018, 07:46 PM
New here, thought I'd introduce myself.

Fresh out of the schoolhouse and got a line after a month of reserve. Every crew I've flown with has been awesome--no bitter lifers, no tools. I swear I flew with a CA who could have been Jeff Spicoli, totally cool.

Not perfect by a long shot, but the guys and gals here make life muy tolerable.

And my seniority went up 9%, woohoo!

Dude when did you start?

I just got my third full month of reserve! Havenít even got my 100hrs yet. I was looking forward to being busy when we completed training. I only flew 6 days last month.

Donít get me wrong. Iím trying not to complain. Sitting at home playing with the kids while getting paid to be on reserve ainít all that bad!

mpet
07-19-2018, 08:38 PM
It's all over guys. Endeavor is getting our planes. Inside sources. If you're considering compass look elsewhere. The jig is up. Sad to see it go but glad to see HK leave.the industry.

Taco280AI
07-19-2018, 09:12 PM
Dude when did you start?

I just got my third full month of reserve! Havenít even got my 100hrs yet. I was looking forward to being busy when we completed training. I only flew 6 days last month.

Donít get me wrong. Iím trying not to complain. Sitting at home playing with the kids while getting paid to be on reserve ainít all that bad!

New FO? Third full month of reserve?

Beechnutz
07-20-2018, 04:56 AM
New FO? Third full month of reserve?

Yup like I said Iím not complaining. But wouldnít like to be adding some more hours to the ole logbook.

Taco280AI
07-20-2018, 05:20 AM
Ouch. Wonder why that is. I started/finished IOE in June and as of now have 94 hours in the plane. Hopefully they throw you some flights

Fr8Thrust
07-20-2018, 07:25 AM
Thereís nothing more annoying than when you call the cabin and while youíre talking to FA-A, FA-B picks up the phone and goes ďHello?Ē. These new FAs are dumber than a box of rocks; itís not an All-Call. How do these girls/guys think itís done on a 777? Inflight training need to do a better job in a lot of areas, this is just one that seems to grind my reduction gearbox.

PanchoBarnes
07-20-2018, 09:38 AM
Thereís nothing more annoying than when you call the cabin and while youíre talking to FA-A, FA-B picks up the phone and goes ďHello?Ē. These new FAs are dumber than a box of rocks; itís not an All-Call. How do these girls/guys think itís done on a 777? Inflight training need to do a better job in a lot of areas, this is just one that seems to grind my reduction gearbox.

Thatís when you gotta tell em you from the bay, where we hyphy and go dumb. The soil where them other rappers be gettin their lingo from. You not tryna have a conference call, just an intimate call

iahflyr
07-20-2018, 01:29 PM
Interesting article about American spending $1.6 Billion Dollars at LAX. Apparently American has to vacate the satellite concourse by 2024. I wonder where all that regional feed will go.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/american-set-to-begin-lax-terminal-redevelopment-450127/

FlytheSky
07-20-2018, 02:43 PM
Interesting article about American spending $1.6 Billion Dollars at LAX. Apparently American has to vacate the satellite concourse by 2024. I wonder where all that regional feed will go.

https://www.flightglobal.com/news/articles/american-set-to-begin-lax-terminal-redevelopment-450127/

I didn't see anything about the satellite concourse the regional flights go out of. Just stuff about their maintenance hangar just east of Taxiway Romeo. Although one can hope the regional flights would move into Terminals 4/5 if American gets more gate space. Those busses really feel like the hunger games. May the odds be ever in your favor that it shows up and you don't miss your flight.

TillerTemptress
07-20-2018, 04:18 PM
Oh, just looked at my August Bid Award...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4QiAwiA0nIE

prplmnkydshwshr
07-20-2018, 04:35 PM
I didn't see anything about the satellite concourse the regional flights go out of. Just stuff about their maintenance hangar just east of Taxiway Romeo. Although one can hope the regional flights would move into Terminals 4/5 if American gets more gate space. Those busses really feel like the hunger games. May the odds be ever in your favor that it shows up and you don't miss your flight.

"The lease also requires American to vacate the remote regional concourse that it uses by 2024."

VIRotate
07-20-2018, 04:58 PM

This is epic. I feel like a lot of CPZ people opened up PBS yesterdayís and had the same reaction. Everyone one I know got screwed.

Spoiler alert: I did get the days off I wanted so Iím content.

FlytheSky
07-20-2018, 05:36 PM
"The lease also requires American to vacate the remote regional concourse that it uses by 2024."

https://i.imgflip.com/20twio.jpg?a425578

But seriously, if that means no more bus rides to get to the planes, I'm all for it! It was extra fun to take the employee parking lot bus to take the bus to the American Eagle Nest/Box/Terminal to then find out you were going out of 52B to then take a third bus to get to your airplane.

Taco280AI
07-20-2018, 06:24 PM

Oh that's perfect hahahaha

VIRotate
07-20-2018, 07:59 PM
https://i.imgflip.com/20twio.jpg?a425578

But seriously, if that means no more bus rides to get to the planes, I'm all for it! It was extra fun to take the employee parking lot bus to take the bus to the American Eagle Nest/Box/Terminal to then find out you were going out of 52B to then take a third bus to get to your airplane.

Donít worry Envoy is taking or planes tomorrow or the next day (I can never remember which it is) so we donít have to worry about it regardless. :rolleyes:

jungle driver
07-21-2018, 02:15 AM
Donít worry Envoy is taking or planes tomorrow or the next day (I can never remember which it is) so we donít have to worry about it regardless. :rolleyes:

Friday, the answer is alway next Friday!

mpet
07-21-2018, 02:21 AM

"Our" planes.. you mean Americans planes we operate because envoy pilots stood up for the industry

Slowhawk
07-21-2018, 05:07 AM
None of us will be here in 2024 so not our problem

Excargodog
07-21-2018, 05:19 AM
None of us will be here in 2024 so not our problem

True. At current utilization rate we'd all all have another 4500 hours 121 time by then. It's actually a more fun place to work than I imagined it would be, but probably not fun enough to stick around any longer than until after the first 1500 121 TPIC or so. The opportunities ($$$) out there are going to be growing for the next four or five years. But there are far worse places to pay your dues than Compass.

m3113n1a1
07-21-2018, 07:02 AM
This thread makes me miss Compass 😭

ShooterMcGavin
07-21-2018, 07:36 AM

They will probably move them to Arizona. Make LAX mostly all mainline and make Phoenix a regional hub

Slowhawk
07-21-2018, 10:55 AM
This thread makes me miss Compass 😭

I volunteer to trade with you

Motoxer66
07-22-2018, 08:11 AM
Im looking to buy some new luggage, does anyone know if we get a discount anywhere?

170toFINKA
07-22-2018, 12:59 PM
Dude when did you start?

Finished IOE in May. Guess my timing was perfect, got a reserve line for June and still flew a couple of trips. Got a line for July. Iím based in SEA, if that has anything to do with it.

Tailfloatski
07-22-2018, 05:38 PM
Im looking to buy some new luggage, does anyone know if we get a discount anywhere?

I'm pretty sure Stopover stores give flight crews either 5% or 10% off luggage.

Taco280AI
07-22-2018, 05:42 PM
Finished IOE in May. Guess my timing was perfect, got a reserve line for June and still flew a couple of trips. Got a line for July. Iím based in SEA, if that has anything to do with it.

Similar to my experience. Started and finished IOE in June. Given a few trips to finish the month, had one day on reserve. Missed bidding by two days so given a build up line for July, zero days reserve. Able to bid for August, have a build up line and need to add some to get my 75. Probably get a few days reserve next month, but consider myself lucky.

HUSKERFAN
07-22-2018, 07:05 PM
Just a couple questions all.

What is the most junior base as of now and what is average real life first year pay like before bonus and snacks. I know the pay question is personal so even a range would be cool. Just trying to determine budget before I start. Thanks all

poorflyer
07-22-2018, 07:10 PM

What is the most junior base as of now and what is average real life first year pay like before bonus and snacks. I know the pay question is personal so even a range would be cool. Just trying to determine budget before I start. Thanks all

Last award was all LAX and SEA for new hires. Pay is whatever first year is (I don't even remember with all these changes) times our floor right now of 85 hours. With more seniority it's easier to gain 90-95 without giving away too many days off if you pick up premium or critical pay. 100+ hours is doable especially if you live in base but you'll give a good amount of days off. Per diem usually came out to like $400-500 if I remember. The big killer is LA/CA taxes which take most my paycheck.

cockpitcrumbs
07-22-2018, 08:17 PM
https://youtu.be/V2K9MKPq4-w

LYRICS if you want to rap along:

Now let me welcome everybody
to the Wild Wild West,
Thereís no place that is busier than L-A-X
The wake hits your wingtips like a slug to ya chest,
pack a vest, when youíre walkin at the Eagleís Nest

We in that Sunshine State where
the snacks are plenty
A state, where youíll never find a crew room empty
And crews be on a mission for them greens,
Lean, mean, money making machines killing trees

Iíve been in the game for 10 yrs at the reg-ion-als
Ever since pilots were homeless animals
Now itís better times, when I block in they watch my
Gold Wings shine, looking like I robbed Liberace

Itís all good from Diego to the Bay,
Your schedule is bomb if itís got that Crib Pay
Throw out ya logbook if you feel the same way
Floors are gettin raised Californ-I-A

------

Checkride nailed, never failed, California dreamin
Soon as I step on the scene Iím hearing FAs screamin

ďWeíre out of meals and alcohol!Ē -- the life of a west side Captain whoís callin OPS
But itís all good.

Only in Cali where we slam it, not land it,
to make em cry
In LA we taxi slow, for the flow (yeah thatís right)
Thereís Skywest in business suits,
but ride is what we do
Flossin but have caution they
collide with other crews

Famous because we program
Word-3-0-2 betta recognize from
Long Beach to Rosecrans
Briefing arrivals like itís a slow jam
Its west side so you know that
Compass bows down to no man

Say what you say! Iím flying on calm and clear days so let me serenate my peeps in LA
From Oakland to Sac-town, the Bay Area and back down, Cali is where we put our gear down!
Show me love!

Lenticularis
07-22-2018, 08:32 PM

to the Wild Wild West,

the snacks are plenty

------

ďWeíre out of meals and alcohol!Ē -- the life of a west side Captain whoís callin OPS
But itís all good.

to make em cry
but ride is what we do
collide with other crews

Long Beach to Rosecrans

Say what you say! Iím flying on calm and clear days so let me serenate my peeps in LA
From Oakland to Sac-town, the Bay Area and back down, Cali is where we put our gear down!
Show me love!

You sound white. But thatís the best laugh Iíve had all day!

cockpitcrumbs
07-22-2018, 08:42 PM
You sound white. But thatís the best laugh Iíve had all day!

👌🏼 I'm Asian

mpet
07-22-2018, 09:55 PM

to the Wild Wild West,

the snacks are plenty

------

But itís all good.

to make em cry
but ride is what we do
collide with other crews

Long Beach to Rosecrans

Show me love!

This is by far the best post of this thread by far. Amazing username too

TillerTemptress
07-22-2018, 11:27 PM

I put this in the OP for a reason... :D

VIRotate
07-22-2018, 11:29 PM

to the Wild Wild West,

the snacks are plenty

------

But itís all good.

to make em cry
but ride is what we do
collide with other crews

Long Beach to Rosecrans

Show me love!

Hahahahaha! Yesssss! Best. Thing. Ever. Love the shout outs to the usual suspects. (Word302 included). Thanks for the amazing laugh!

This is what makes Compass so great!

Poser765
07-23-2018, 05:03 AM
Guys we really need to self regulate and act a bit more professional. Pilots from other carriers read this board.

I promise you, Delta Air Lines has a list of screen names and they are working with compass management to identify.

/s

MrKowalski
07-23-2018, 06:59 AM
Hey Guys! Morning! Submitted my application through AirlineApps last friday. Hoping to get a call from thee Company. Compass is my Top 1 pick. Currently sitting with 1365 hrs TT.

I have questions:

- How long is it gonna take for the Company to call us back who applied?
- If ever I get a CJO, what are the chances holding a Nov. and Dec. class?(Trying to be in a class before 2018)
- Question, I did a type rating before from a 142 approved Flight Academy. Level D Sim, I have about 25 hours on the Sim. Would that count towards my TT for my ATP minimums? If it does count, then "Woooh!"
- How long is the Ree-serve time in L.A.?

Anyway, this group is always positive. I can tell this group is fun to fly with. Hoping to fly with you guys if everything goes well as planned.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-23-2018, 07:10 AM
Guys we really need to self regulate and act a bit more professional. Pilots from other carriers read this board.

I promise you, Delta Air Lines has a list of screen names and they are working with compass management to identify.

Delta should be working with Compass management on the DPI list!:rolleyes: I read far nastier and vicious (read unprofessional) posts on the various Major forums, including Delta, I think we might be the only forum where it's basically a bunch of friends who may or may not know each other sharing laughs and helping/encouraging prospects to come here. Mgmt should thank us for helping fill our classes up this year lol.

Hilarious video!

Ps. Poser, I definitely agree with you on the Facebook etc. side, be careful there. Like those people who post nasty attitudes on the recruiting facebook pages, yeah, not smart.

Taco280AI
07-23-2018, 08:05 AM

/s

Was either this or Warren G

radish
07-23-2018, 08:11 AM
Hey Guys! Morning! Submitted my application through AirlineApps last friday. Hoping to get a call from thee Company. Compass is my Top 1 pick. Currently sitting with 1365 hrs TT.

I have questions:

- How long is it gonna take for the Company to call us back who applied?
- If ever I get a CJO, what are the chances holding a Nov. and Dec. class?(Trying to be in a class before 2018)
- Question, I did a type rating before from a 142 approved Flight Academy. Level D Sim, I have about 25 hours on the Sim. Would that count towards my TT for my ATP minimums? If it does count, then "Woooh!"
- How long is the Ree-serve time in L.A.?

Anyway, this group is always positive. I can tell this group is fun to fly with. Hoping to fly with you guys if everything goes well as planned.

I got the call within about a week of applying, that was in June. I was told recently that classes are full until mid December. In the interview I asked about some similar sim time and was told they don't normally count that toward total time, but it could be worth asking. Not sure about the reserve time, but I hope it stays short! I'll be starting class in September

Fr8Thrust
07-23-2018, 08:18 AM

Hats off to you man that post was hilarious.💀

Wait, that would imply putting my hat ON first...nevermind, but thanks for the mention!

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-23-2018, 11:09 AM
20 more upgrades for October, good to see it pick back up.

TillerTemptress
07-23-2018, 11:13 AM
20 more upgrades for October, good to see it pick back up.

And 28 FO vacancies. Upgrades for everybody!

week
07-23-2018, 11:23 AM
And 28 FO vacancies. Upgrades for everybody!

Unless you donít have the hours :( Iím looking at a 2.5+ year upgrade (just in time for 2020:D)here because I spent a year here on reserve flying 15h a month. Give us restricted guys a break

HUSKERFAN
07-23-2018, 11:35 AM
Out of curiosity what does the 28 fo vacancies mean?

poorflyer
07-23-2018, 11:44 AM
Out of curiosity what does the 28 fo vacancies mean?

It means Delta bought us. Jk most likely they're excited that there's movement on the FO side for the guys on the lower part of the seniority list.

Excargodog
07-23-2018, 11:48 AM
/s

You can take the boy out of the military but you can't take the military out of the boy. Now what was that old military expression about if they couldn't take a joke....?

sMFer
07-23-2018, 12:48 PM
Man oh man... y'all still make me laugh. Loved the CA doing his walk around with his hat on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

FlytheSky
07-23-2018, 12:58 PM
Man oh man... y'all still make me laugh. Loved the CA doing his walk around with his hat on.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

That's because he's a right seat CA. Someone's got to do the walk around, you know. ;)

PanchoBarnes
07-23-2018, 02:44 PM
Iíve been dreaming of something like this for a long time now! And thanks for the shoutout! This made my day! Hahaha
Also I will buy you a good amount of beer for this

to the Wild Wild West,

the snacks are plenty

------

But itís all good.

to make em cry
but ride is what we do
collide with other crews

Long Beach to Rosecrans

Show me love!

VIRotate
07-23-2018, 02:49 PM

/s

They actually have an APC Division specifically for this. So if you get a knock on the door at 3am with some guys in suits yelling ďAPC Division, search warrantĒ, donít say I didnít warn you.

29singlespeed
07-23-2018, 02:54 PM
Unless you donít have the hours :( Iím looking at a 2.5+ year upgrade (just in time for 2020:D)here because I spent a year here on reserve flying 15h a month. Give us restricted guys a break

15 hrs a month? What...? Just submitted app but curious about time on reserve.

mpet
07-23-2018, 02:59 PM

Fall / Winter 2016 hires. Raise up take your blazer off twist it round yo head spin it like a helicopta

Poser765
07-23-2018, 03:11 PM
They actually have an APC Division specifically for this. So if you get a knock on the door at 3am with some guys in suits yelling ďAPC Division, search warrantĒ, donít say I didnít warn you.this is no joke. If we want delta it would be smart of us to do nothing but talk about our community service and various strategies we use for enforcing the hat policy.

I have two methods... passive and active. Passive Iíll just stare not in their eyes when we talk, but their hair line. Every single time we converse. It tends to make them uncomfortable after a while. Active, Iíll tell them ďI canít hear you speak when you are in view of civilians and not in full and proper uniform including the FOM approved cover.Ē

Community service? Well I participate in Aces for Spades. Basically itís a group of fighter pilots raising money to spay dogs. Granted Iím not a fighter pilot, but while in initial I did go do the dogfighting simulator at the mall of America. I got a certificate of completion.

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-23-2018, 03:27 PM
this is no joke. If we want delta it would be smart of us to do nothing but talk about our community service and various strategies we use for enforcing the hat policy.

I have two methods... passive and active. Passive Iíll just stare not in their eyes when we talk, but their hair line. Every single time we converse. It tends to make them uncomfortable after a while. Active, Iíll tell them ďI canít hear you speak when you are in view of civilians and not in full and proper uniform including the FOM approved cover.Ē

Community service? Well I participate in Aces for Spades. Basically itís a group of fighter pilots raising money to spay dogs. [<<<Lost it right here] 😂😂
Granted Iím not a fighter pilot, but while in initial I did go do the dogfighting simulator at the mall of America. I got a certificate of completion.

I'm dead lol

VIRotate
07-23-2018, 03:49 PM
this is no joke. If we want delta it would be smart of us to do nothing but talk about our community service and various strategies we use for enforcing the hat policy.

Community service? Well I participate in Aces for Spades. Basically itís a group of fighter pilots raising money to spay dogs. Granted Iím not a fighter pilot, but while in initial I did go do the dogfighting simulator at the mall of America. I got a certificate of completion.

Poser, you keep me coming back to these forums. I swear. 😂

Excargodog
07-23-2018, 03:57 PM
this is no joke....while in initial I did go do the dogfighting simulator at the mall of America. I got a certificate of completion.

2017 Minnesota Statutes
2017 Statutes New, Amended or Repealed
Chapter 343
343.31 ANIMAL FIGHTS AND POSSESSION OF FIGHTING ANIMALS.
Subdivision 1.Penalty for animal fighting; attending animal fight. (a) Whoever does any of the following is guilty of a felony:
(1) promotes, engages in, or is employed in the activity of cockfighting, dogfighting, or violent pitting of one pet or companion animal as defined in section 346.36, subdivision 6, against another of the same or a different kind;
(2) receives money for the admission of a person to a place used, or about to be used, for that activity;
(3) willfully permits a person to enter or use for that activity premises of which the permitter is the owner, agent, or occupant; or
(4) uses, trains, or possesses a dog or other animal for the purpose of participating in, engaging in, or promoting that activity of dogfighting.

ßSubd. 2.Presumption of training a fighting dog. There is a rebuttable presumption that a dog has been trained or is being trained to fight if:
(1) the dog exhibits fresh wounds, scarring, or other indications that the dog has been or will be used for fighting; and
(2) the person possesses training apparatus, paraphernalia, or drugs known to be used to prepare dogs to be fought.
This presumption may be rebutted by a preponderance of the evidence.

So, you ADMIT to being a trained dog fighter......

You in a lotta trouble, boy.....

BobbyLeeSwagger
07-23-2018, 09:03 PM
Does anyone know if schedule movement during the SAP is even really possible when the grid is red?

drivinghome
07-23-2018, 09:47 PM
Is it true that NH classes are full until January and hiring has slowed?

poorflyer
07-23-2018, 10:55 PM

You'd know more than us. There's a few recruiters on here but we don't have much control over the hiring. Obviously we'd rather sit fat on staffing so we can finally have better control over our schedule but TSH is trying to keep us slim it seems after a certain staffing planner (AT) really screwed over TSH and Compass and cost the company millions. If you have a contact info for a recruiter email them for a more accurate answer.

Simple_Jack
07-24-2018, 12:43 AM
According to aviationinterviews.com a person hired July 19th said that he was ďthe last person to fulfill corporates hiring numbers for 2018Ē and received a class date of November 29.

I donít know if that means they have stopped or slowed hiring for 2018 or maybe heís just the last one to fill a CY 2018 class...

Motoxer66
07-24-2018, 05:47 AM

This may have been a while ago, just guessing. I finished IOE early FEB of this year, scheduling built me whats called a build up line to fill my month. Then I "sat" 1 month of reserve, which I only actually sat 2 of those days otherwise I was flying. Then it was a line from there. All of this in LAX, and I've been averaging 90hrs a month +- 5-8 hours mostly depending on how bad my biding skills were for that month.

PositveRate
07-24-2018, 07:50 AM
Anyone still having an error message appear when logging into rainmaker?

Fr8Thrust
07-24-2018, 10:38 AM

Yes, mine says: ďIT that makes your life easierĒ

poorflyer
07-24-2018, 11:01 AM
They're having problems merging our payroll with Deltas because we just got bought.

muddy415
07-24-2018, 12:28 PM
Have LCA interview invites gone out yet?

Fr8Thrust
07-24-2018, 01:32 PM
Any else get a TSA recruiting email just now? Why do they have our Compass emails? Nobody in their right mind would leave Compass for TSA/GoJet or even recommend any pilots there, unless you absolutely hated them, or theyíre unhirable by CP standards.

CP vs AX/G7 is Cinderella to the Ugly Step Sisters.

Poser765
07-24-2018, 01:33 PM
Have LCA interview invites gone out yet?friend of mine was telling me he had an interview invite. No idea when he got it, though. Felt like it was relatively recently... like this week.

VIRotate
07-24-2018, 02:25 PM
Any else get a TSA recruiting email just now? Why do they have our Compass emails? Nobody in their right mind would leave Compass for TSA/GoJet or even recommend any pilots there, unless you absolutely hated them, or theyíre unhirable by CP standards.

Yeah I got that too. Just deleted it without opening.

FollowMe
07-24-2018, 02:42 PM
According to aviationinterviews.com a person hired July 19th said that he was ďthe last person to fulfill corporates hiring numbers for 2018Ē and received a class date of November 29.

I donít know if that means they have stopped or slowed hiring for 2018 or maybe heís just the last one to fill a CY 2018 class...

Um that site says CPZ has bases in MSP/DTW and our junior CA is a 2008 hire...

Seems legit.

Simple_Jack
07-24-2018, 04:02 PM
Um that site says CPZ has bases in MSP/DTW and our junior CA is a 2008 hire...

Seems legit.

Yeah the site itself is clunky and outdated but the interview gouge is legit. If you pay for an account on that site you can read tons of Interview Experiences and Q&As from recent new hires.What I quoted was what HR just told a new hire about the current hiring situation.

mpet
07-24-2018, 04:57 PM
https://i.imgur.com/K4k9D59.jpg

hopefully my experience pressing buttons at compass will land me this one, im ready for the bigs, TSH here I come

JetDoc
07-24-2018, 11:11 PM
Have LCA interview invites gone out yet?

Interviews were being conducted yesterday (the 24th) at LAX.

nimbleNavigator
07-25-2018, 12:06 AM

It means youíre fired. Just use info.compassairline.com

prplmnkydshwshr
07-25-2018, 06:46 AM
Interviews were being conducted yesterday (the 24th) at LAX.Anybody from SEA getting invites?

FlyingKat
07-25-2018, 06:50 AM

I'd be careful about referring to myself as Cinderella with MW around....

JetDoc
07-25-2018, 09:36 AM
Anybody from SEA getting invites?

Not sure. Just happened to run into the manager of Flight Standards yesterday at LAX and she told me that they were there to do LCA interviews.

PanchoBarnes
07-26-2018, 07:29 AM
Anyone else missing the classic AO ops emails?

Excargodog
07-26-2018, 08:46 AM
Anyone else missing the classic AO ops emails?
MISSING them?

Or merely not receiving them?

;)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1