Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-14-2018, 11:36 AM
Just this week I completed all minimums for an rATP cert. I sent in my application yesterday. I know that they have a class day starting July 30, is it possible that I interview and get that date in the next two weeks?

I've no real idea what the timeline is like for regional hiring, obviously I'm anxious to get the ball rolling.

havick206
07-14-2018, 11:51 AM
There’s a fairly long wait for hiring off the street FO’s right now as we are short on CA’s. It appears that most classes are filled with instructor cadets and RTP guys. I believe there’s a holding pool and non cadet/RTP applicants are waiting months for a class date after interviewing.

SilentLurker
07-14-2018, 11:52 AM
Are you a in a cadet program? If you are not in the cadet pipeline program and do not have previous Part 121, or in the Rotor wing Transition Program, your chances negative.

If I were you I would contact an envoy recruiter directly or via email. Ask them questions they are happy to help. Anything is possible. This might not be it, coming from a Line guy in a forum.

If there is still a backlog of non pipeline, non 121 time, non army helo pilots applicants, then u are asking to skip those who have waited patiently. So it’s a slim to non chance unless you know someone who knows someone. Many applicants have CA review board already completed and are patiently waiting to get in class. Again call a recruiter.

Best of luck to you. Wait patiently if envoy is where you have to be. If not look else where:

Piedmont, Republic, Air Wisconsin, CommutAir are solid other options. They will get u in class quicker, and on your way to earning 121 SIC & 121 PIC.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-14-2018, 12:11 PM
Thank you guys for the responses. I guess I'll be patient and wait to hear back, maybe give them a call. Otherwise I'm waiting to hear back from a host of other regional airlines.

Cyio
07-14-2018, 01:10 PM
Like the others have said, we are staffed well on the fo side right now. I think even our cadets are looking at a six month training backlog right now.

Best of luck to you and hopefully a recruiter will reach out and give you some accurate insight.

Pedro4President
07-14-2018, 02:43 PM
Like the others have said, we are staffed well on the fo side right now. I think even our cadets are looking at a six month training backlog right now.

Best of luck to you and hopefully a recruiter will reach out and give you some accurate insight.

When he says six month back log he means there is a six month wait to get a NH class. Training isn't backed up right now. Semantics I know.

EmbaeDriver
07-14-2018, 04:19 PM
It’s gonna take a while

BigZ
07-14-2018, 05:37 PM
A friend applied to Envoy, waited a bit, applied and interviewed at Republic and PSA, got offers from both, and starts a class at PSA next week.
No word from Envoy yet. Just a datapoint.

SilentLurker
07-14-2018, 06:20 PM
A friend applied to Envoy, waited a bit, applied and interviewed at Republic and PSA, got offers from both, and starts a class at PSA next week.

No word from Envoy yet. Just a datapoint.

Don’t give P*A free recruiting advertisement.

Hahaha, sorta kinda kidding, but not really.

BigZ
07-14-2018, 08:11 PM
Don’t give P*A free recruiting advertisement.

Hahaha, sorta kinda kidding, but not really.

The more they hire the better they can staff the CRJ the sooner it will go away from here. Also sorta kidding, but not really.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-14-2018, 09:20 PM
What's wrong with PSA? Seems like a decent outfit to me, not too much different than Envoy.

dera
07-14-2018, 09:28 PM
Envoy isn't interviewing non-DEC people at the moment. If you have the credentials, you'll get a "thanks but not right now, we'll call you" email.

uavking
07-14-2018, 10:14 PM
What's wrong with PSA? Seems like a decent outfit to me, not too much different than Envoy.

Kinda missed out on the back story, eh?

Cyio
07-15-2018, 12:14 AM
PSA is a bit of a dirty word around Envoy.

Paid2fly
07-15-2018, 01:34 AM
PSA is a bit of a dirty word around Envoy.

Not just around Envoy, don't leave out the rest!

DilsonWic
07-15-2018, 05:41 AM
“We want the CRJs and the PILOTS!”

Oh PSA.

MD-11Loader
07-15-2018, 06:09 AM

PSA is as close to a scab as you can get. I’d encourage someone to go to Mesa before PSA.

SilentLurker
07-15-2018, 06:57 AM
Read latest ALPA magazine newsletter, PSA was absent during our MEC meeting @ United HQ...

Piedmont sent a VP rep, so that we are all on the same page as WO’d.

PSA reps didn’t show / attend, or come to support. We should all be on the same page, not go at it for self, but for the greater WO as a United group. A spade is a spade.

Disclaimer, I was not there either. Just an observation.

uavking
07-15-2018, 07:53 AM
Read latest ALPA magazine newsletter, PSA was absent during our MEC meeting @ United HQ...

Piedmont sent a VP rep, so that we are all on the same page as WO’d.

PSA reps didn’t show / attend, or come to support. We should all be on the same page, not go at it for self, but for the greater WO as a United group. A spade is a spade.

Disclaimer, I was not there either. Just an observation.

Considering that PSA wouldn't be as large as they are now, or likely even exist, had they not voted the way they did, that doesn't surprise me. Sure, I get the common refrain that "guys who made that vote A. we're just trying to keep their jobs B. aren't around anymore anyway," but stuff like that vote is tough to forget.

crj700
07-15-2018, 12:12 PM
“We want the CRJs and the PILOTS!”

Oh PSA.

From a PSA pilot.

NoValueAviator
07-15-2018, 05:53 PM
There's a cold war on between PSA's pilot group and Envoy's. I hear a new story about someone (either side) being denied a jumpseat out of spite every week in NY.

The only PSA pilot I've ever interacted with directly was a bit of a tool but well-meaning. Loved talking about how his minority status meant AA would be calling any day.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-15-2018, 06:29 PM
That's ridiculous. Why should feuds between high ups in either company affect the pilots who try to do their jobs well within those companies?

EmbaeDriver
07-15-2018, 06:41 PM
PSA suck.

PSA = Pretty ****ty Airline

moon
07-15-2018, 06:51 PM
That's ridiculous. Why should feuds between high ups in either company affect the pilots who try to do their jobs well within those companies?

It wasn't the "higher ups" in the company. it was AA approaching their pilot group with a concessionary contract shortly after we voted no on a similar concessionary contract and them overwhelmingly voting yes. Causing AA to announce that they were sending all our CRJs to PSA. Then when they had trouble staffing their union said they should be able to take our pilots too to staff their airline. Their pilot groups actions had a direct negative effect on the lives and livelihood of Envoy pilots. This also led to Piedmont being forced to accept a subpar contract and then Envoy having our current contract forced upon us or face "Comair II" as the companies negotiator put it.

Current PSA pilots will claim it wasn't their fault because they didn't vote on it. But they voted with their feet when they joined that operation and are still responsible in my and many Envoy pilots' eyes.

uavking
07-15-2018, 06:57 PM
It wasn't the "higher ups" in the company. it was AA approaching their pilot group with a concessionary contract shortly after we voted no on a similar concessionary contract and them overwhelmingly voting yes. Causing AA to announce that they were sending all our CRJs to PSA. Then when they had trouble staffing their union said they should be able to take our pilots too to staff their airline. Their pilot groups actions had a direct negative effect on the lives and livelihood of Envoy pilots. This also led to Piedmont being forced to accept a subpar contract and then Envoy having our current contract forced upon us or face "Comair II" as the companies negotiator put it.

Current PSA pilots will claim it wasn't their fault because they didn't vote on it. But they voted with their feet when they joined that operation and are still responsible in my and many Envoy pilots' eyes.

^^This

(Denying jumpseats to other ALPA members as other suggest is a bridge too far, though. Cheapens the true meaning of scab and how they ought to be treated.)

TheNotoriousPIC
07-15-2018, 07:16 PM
You say "voted with their feet when they joined" but to be honest I would have joined up without ever hearing of this, and I'm sure that that is true for the majority of new PSA pilots. I know a few guys that went there recently, they were just chasing a nice bonus and a flow to AA. They had no personal spite toward Envoy.

moon
07-15-2018, 07:19 PM
You say "voted with their feet when they joined" but to be honest I would have joined up without ever hearing of this, and I'm sure that that is true for the majority of new PSA pilots. I know a few guys that went there recently, they were just chasing a nice bonus and a flow to AA. They had no personal spite toward Envoy.

At the time it was pretty clear what was going on. If someone doesn't do their research on the company they join that ignorance is on them.

BigZ
07-15-2018, 08:15 PM
At the time it was pretty clear what was going on. If someone doesn't do their research on the company they join that ignorance is on them.

Feuds like this are shortsighted. Guess what keeping a cold war like that is going will do should a similar situation arise in the future? Promote unity or "those guys are a-holes, screw them" attitude?

uavking
07-15-2018, 08:30 PM

The airline business is always shifting, especially in this game of regional whipsaw, but it’s important to know the outlines of our collective history. Management preys on ignorance of this past.

moon
07-16-2018, 03:22 AM
Feuds like this are shortsighted. Guess what keeping a cold war like that is going will do should a similar situation arise in the future? Promote unity or "those guys are a-holes, screw them" attitude?

Personally they stagnated my career 3 years. That's money lost. Time at home gone. Do I blame the people going there now? No. But those hired in Late 13 and 2014 knew exactly what they were doing and who they were screwing and I don't think that should be forgotten.

Cyio
07-16-2018, 04:10 AM
Personally they stagnated my career 3 years. That's money lost. Time at home gone. Do I blame the people going there now? No. But those hired in Late 13 and 2014 knew exactly what they were doing and who they were screwing and I don't think that should be forgotten.

Yeah exactly. I find out longer term guys/gals ask when the person was hired. If it was in the last few years, generally no fault is placed on that person. However, if they were hired back prior to 2015 there is a some strong animosity towards that individual, rightfully so.

Buy accepting that contract, not only did they literarily screw over Envoy directly, but set the tone for the whole regional network that is just now recovering.

FullThrust
07-16-2018, 05:00 AM
Yeah exactly. I find out longer term guys/gals ask when the person was hired. If it was in the last few years, generally no fault is placed on that person. However, if they were hired back prior to 2015 there is a some strong animosity towards that individual, rightfully so.

Buy accepting that contract, not only did they literarily screw over Envoy directly, but set the tone for the whole regional network that is just now recovering.

Holding a grudge against PSA is the biggest waste of energy. If they voted it down, someone else would have gotten the planes. That is why falling on the sword at the regional level historically has never worked; there are simply too many other companies out there willing to do the work. Does it suck? Yes, but that’s just the nature of the beast. A few years from now, no one will remember this Envoy/PSA “beef”. It’s no different than GoJet/TSA, Freedom A-listers/MESA, etc. People forget and move on to majors.

moon
07-16-2018, 07:00 AM
Holding a grudge against PSA is the biggest waste of energy. If they voted it down, someone else would have gotten the planes. That is why falling on the sword at the regional level historically has never worked; there are simply too many other companies out there willing to do the work. Does it suck? Yes, but that’s just the nature of the beast. A few years from now, no one will remember this Envoy/PSA “beef”. It’s no different than GoJet/TSA, Freedom A-listers/MESA, etc. People forget and move on to majors.

Planes did go elsewhere and no grudges were held against those pilots because it wasn't a result of pilot action. PSA on the other hand....

And pretty sure there is still bad blood between TSA and GoJet. Neither PSA or GoJet pilots are scabs in the traditional sense of the word, but someone willing to screw someone else over to promote #1 isn't someone I want to be around.

NoValueAviator
07-16-2018, 07:14 AM

This seems like a reasonable approach to me. Why extend professional courtesies like jumpseats and water bottles to someone who tried to tank your career over a few Bombardiers?

I don't think anyone should feel obligated to keep track of this, but if you don't put any pressure at all on scabs you're gonna get more scabs, and not just at the regional level.

egl2fdx
07-16-2018, 08:11 AM
What happened to the potential lawsuit that was brewing a few months ago about the difference of DOH? A group of pilots sought representation to stop their flow.

Bruno82
07-16-2018, 08:24 AM
From what I’ve been told, todays NH class had about 15 total and 3 DECs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FullThrust
07-16-2018, 09:20 AM
This seems like a reasonable approach to me. Why extend professional courtesies like jumpseats and water bottles to someone who tried to tank your career over a few Bombardiers?

I don't think anyone should feel obligated to keep track of this, but if you don't put any pressure at all on scabs you're gonna get more scabs, and not just at the regional level.

And the more often you use this term incorrectly, the more watered down it gets and you get less overall understanding across the regional industry of what it means to actually cross a picket line.

There is a distinct difference in crossing a line, and having a pilot group vote in a contract.

NoValueAviator
07-16-2018, 09:38 AM
And the more often you use this term incorrectly, the more watered down it gets and you get less overall understanding across the regional industry of what it means to actually cross a picket line.

There is a distinct difference in crossing a line, and having a pilot group vote in a contract.

Except the feds don't allow strikes anymore. Times change.

razorback93
07-16-2018, 10:03 AM
I interviewed in March. Got a class date (mid August) nearly two months after I interviewed. Seems to be taking quite a while.

SilentLurker
07-16-2018, 10:14 AM
Except the feds don't allow strikes anymore. Times change.

Exactly!

Who was the last regional carrier to strike? Comair?

Frontier voted 100% but are not released yet to strike.

Good luck getting the authorization to strike in this day an age. We won’t see scabs anymore. Not in my generation. Too many weak back bones. Nobody will toe the line, respond to “CALLs TO ACTION” write to their government representatives or support PACs.

A lot of weakness & selfishness in this new generation. Majority us don’t care about the past, and that is sad.

moon
07-16-2018, 10:17 AM

What do you call a pilot group that refused to sign a statement saying they would not accept any subpar contracts anymore when every other regional airline signed it? And then voted in concessions?

SilentLurker
07-16-2018, 10:20 AM
I interviewed in March. Got a class date (mid August) nearly two months after I interviewed. Seems to be taking quite a while.

Congrats! Welcome aboard, stay on them for earlier class date, it sometimes work in your favor when your assertive. Things change all the time even at mainline, you can get an earlier class because people go elsewhere, I’m sure it happens at Envoy.

I wish you the best!

FullThrust
07-16-2018, 11:48 AM
Exactly!

Who was the last regional carrier to strike? Comair?

Frontier voted 100% but are not released yet to strike.

Good luck getting the authorization to strike in this day an age. We won’t see scabs anymore. Not in my generation. Too many weak back bones. Nobody will toe the line, respond to “CALLs TO ACTION” write to their government representatives or support PACs.

A lot of weakness & selfishness in this new generation. Majority us don’t care about the past, and that is sad.

You might want to read up on the Spirit strike that occurred not that long ago where a few pilots actually did fly struck flying.

FullThrust
07-16-2018, 11:56 AM
What do you call a pilot group that refused to sign a statement saying they would not accept any subpar contracts anymore when every other regional airline signed it? And then voted in concessions?

I really don’t care, but don’t make up a new definition for a word that has a specific meaning.

MD-11Loader
07-16-2018, 11:58 AM
^^This

(Denying jumpseats to other ALPA members as other suggest is a bridge too far, though. Cheapens the true meaning of scab and how they ought to be treated.)

I had a captain just look at the Oxygen level in the bottle and deny it based on that.

moon
07-16-2018, 12:12 PM
I really don’t care, but don’t make up a new definition for a word that has a specific meaning.

Fair enough. I'll just call them scum.

FullThrust
07-16-2018, 12:33 PM
Fair enough. I'll just call them scum.

Haha, works for me.

Paid2fly
07-16-2018, 07:28 PM
Planes did go elsewhere and no grudges were held against those pilots because it wasn't a result of pilot action. PSA on the other hand....

And pretty sure there is still bad blood between TSA and GoJet. Neither PSA or GoJet pilots are scabs in the traditional sense of the word, but someone willing to screw someone else over to promote #1 isn't someone I want to be around.

Exactly, well said!

Paid2fly
07-16-2018, 07:32 PM

Brown streak?:confused:

abcd123
07-20-2018, 09:39 AM
Not a chance of getting that July 30th class date, unfortunately. I would expect a month before you get an interview at least and 3-5 months until a class date.

dera
07-20-2018, 09:45 AM
Not a chance of getting that July 30th class date, unfortunately. I would expect a month before you get an interview at least and 3-5 months until a class date.

For non-DEC it's no interviews at all at the moment.

SoFloFlyer
07-20-2018, 09:14 PM
When do you think FO interviews for non-DEC and non-cadet applicants will resume?

Jamesthunder
07-21-2018, 07:54 AM
When do you think FO interviews for non-DEC and non-cadet applicants will resume?

It's really hard to say because it all depends on what the company needs. Right now we still have a ton of FOs and captains are in short supply. The hope is soon but the reality is longer.

Whiskey4
07-21-2018, 08:36 AM

Limited interviews have always been taking place for street FOs, but it’s very competitive. It’s not first come first serve for interviews or class dates (for those waiting). Everything is ranked...the best apps get interviews and the best interviews get priority for class. There’s no seniority in the hiring process ;)

I would guess that street hiring picks up soon as Q4 E75 deliveries are starting soon.

Voski
08-17-2018, 05:28 AM
I have an upcoming interview scheduled as an FO candidate. That said, how far out are they offering class dates to those getting CJOs?