Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-14-2018, 12:59 PM
I have all of my minimums for rATP, what is a reasonable timeline for a call, and interview, and a class date? I'm anxious to start working.

TheWeatherman
07-14-2018, 02:04 PM
Anywhere from 1 - 14 days.

yeeeyeee
07-14-2018, 02:37 PM
im interested seeing what there upcoming class dates with spots open are. I still need 150 hours but I can get that in a month and a half

TheWeatherman
07-14-2018, 02:58 PM
im interested seeing what there upcoming class dates with spots open are. I still need 150 hours but I can get that in a month and a half
I interviewed with about 200 hours to go. They asked when I would be ready, I gave them an estimate and they gave me that class date. If you need more time, they will allow you to move back. But let them know asap.

zanfarroway
07-14-2018, 03:13 PM

August 21 and September 4 are both class dates that should still have openings (Source: Both were offered recently)

170driver
07-14-2018, 04:24 PM
Supposedly classes are close to full all the way into Sept. I think itís getting more competitive these days.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

UnbeatenPath
07-17-2018, 08:11 AM
I got a call a couple days after applying with a short informational sort of phone screening. I interviewed the next week and got offered a class date a couple days after that. All in all it was about a 2 week process.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-17-2018, 08:30 AM
When is your class date if I may ask?

Quigley25
07-17-2018, 04:14 PM
I applied July 3rd and received a call yesterday for interview.

UnbeatenPath
07-17-2018, 07:58 PM
When is your class date if I may ask?

I got an August 23rd but there were closer ones available. I just had some time to build

TheNotoriousPIC
07-17-2018, 10:42 PM
I got an August 23rd but there were closer ones available. I just had some time to build

Thanks for answering. When did you apply and when did they call?

UnbeatenPath
07-18-2018, 04:01 AM
Thanks for answering. When did you apply and when did they call?

I interviewed Monday May 21. I don't remember what day I got the call but it was the week before and a couple days after I submitted the app

GuardMafia
07-19-2018, 06:03 PM
How long does it take them to get back to you with a CJO?

zanfarroway
07-19-2018, 09:58 PM
How long does it take them to get back to you with a CJO?

I interviewed Friday and got the CJO call on Monday. So essentially next business day from my experience, although I heard it varies.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-24-2018, 08:24 PM
What is the technical test in the interview like? Is it like a written test, or a conversation with the interviewer?

TheWeatherman
07-24-2018, 09:00 PM
What is the technical test in the interview like? Is it like a written test, or a conversation with the interviewer?
You will take a 20 question ATP test on an Ipad (Sheppard Air has an excellent airline interview test prep for just this test). I used Sheppard and am pretty sure I scored 20 out of 20 even though they don't tell you the score.

The other technical part will most likely be with a current Captain or FO at Republic. You will be asked to read a Jepp plate, interpret a TAF, and asked some standard IFR questions.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-24-2018, 09:06 PM
You will take a 20 question ATP test on an Ipad (Sheppard Air has an excellent airline interview test prep for just this test). I used Sheppard and am pretty sure I scored 20 out of 20 even though they don't tell you the score.

The other technical part will most likely be with a current Captain or FO at Republic. You will be asked to read a Jepp plate, interpret a TAF, and asked some standard IFR questions.

So this is the Airline Interview Test Prep from Sheppard Air? Wondering which program to buy.

mto7464
07-25-2018, 06:34 AM
It was kind of odd but I started the application but did not finish it since I am not current. I have 3000 plus hours and have not flown in years. They called me the next day. I talked to the lady and told her my situation and that I was not ready and she said they would call me again.

You guys are lucky. When I was flying even with 3000 hours and my ATP written I could not get a job. These are the golden years for you young guys.

TheWeatherman
07-25-2018, 06:37 AM
It was kind of odd but I started the application but did not finish it since I am not current. I have 3000 plus hours and have not flown in years. They called me the next day. I talked to the lady and told her my situation and that I was not ready and she said they would call me again.

You guys are lucky. When I was flying even with 3000 hours and my ATP written I could not get a job. These are the golden years for you young guys.
And it has happened before. There were times recently before the new ATP requirements you could fly a Regional with 250TT. So guess what, in the past there were people who had it easier then even those now. It comes and goes in cycles.

TheWeatherman
07-25-2018, 06:38 AM
So this is the Airline Interview Test Prep from Sheppard Air? Wondering which program to buy.
Yes, exactly that.

mto7464
07-25-2018, 10:08 AM
And it has happened before. There were times recently before the new ATP requirements you could fly a Regional with 250TT. So guess what, in the past there were people who had it easier then even those now. It comes and goes in cycles.

Yes that was happening back then too. If you were a female or minority you could get on with a major after getting their commercial rating. A united pilot told me if you were a white male your application went in the circular file.
Not trying to inflame anyone but that is the way it was.

jaxsurf
07-26-2018, 05:44 AM
FWIW, I applied on 16 July and got a call on 19 July. Former mil/fighter guy.

njd1
07-26-2018, 02:25 PM
I interviewed late June and was called the next day. I stewed on it for a couple days and accepted the offer. Got offered a class 9 days hence and another about a month away. I took the earlier class and was a bit rushed to get all my ducks in a row and get to IND but everything worked out.

TheNotoriousPIC
07-26-2018, 05:02 PM
Wow, did you already have an atp or did they set you up with a cpt course?

njd1
07-26-2018, 05:49 PM
Wow, did you already have an atp or did they set you up with a cpt course?

Already had my ATP but I don't think that matters. If you're ready to go (i.e. CTP and you meet their minimums) they'll take you quickly.

FYI, most of the people in my class had interviewed 2-3 months earlier, so that may very well be a more typical timeframe between offer / acceptance and class date, but I was prepping for nearly two months so I didn't need to do anything else. By the time I got the call I was more or less ready to go.

pacificapt
08-01-2018, 01:19 AM
I have a virtual interview coming up due to working in a US territory in the pacific close to Japan. Will the Sheppard Air interview prep be enough to prepare for their written test? Or should I only study what Airline interviews has?

Thanks!

TheNotoriousPIC
08-01-2018, 06:31 AM
I have a virtual interview coming up due to working in a US territory in the pacific close to Japan. Will the Sheppard Air interview prep be enough to prepare for their written test? Or should I only study what Airline interviews has?

Thanks!

Study both

TJBrass
08-01-2018, 08:07 AM

and being paid $17 to start

BosoxH60
08-01-2018, 09:37 AM
I applied end of May, was called the next day.

Set up my interview for last Friday (reasons) and was called yesterday (3 days). Accepted a start date next week.

I'm coming from another carrier, so had to wait for a review board to happen on Tuesday.

TheNotoriousPIC
08-01-2018, 01:46 PM
I applied end of May, was called the next day.

Set up my interview for last Friday (reasons) and was called yesterday (3 days). Accepted a start date next week.

I'm coming from another carrier, so had to wait for a review board to happen on Tuesday.

Possible I saw you there, I also interviewed on Friday. Class date is August 21.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1