Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Mid-America Base

Blueyawnder
07-16-2018, 06:50 PM
Any talk of opening a pilot base somewhere other than the far ends of the US?

Pilot41
07-16-2018, 07:05 PM

Zero, no, none, nope

jstyle13
07-17-2018, 05:23 AM

Mid-America....what is that? Is it in the D.R?

Otterbox
07-17-2018, 05:36 AM

....DCA....

capt707
07-17-2018, 05:49 AM

Is that an Island, if not, the answer is No!

pilotpayne
07-17-2018, 06:00 AM
....DCA....

One can dream.

I donít see a middle base anytime soon unless we bought Frontier or someone buys us. There is no way around this under the current board and ELT. They are an east coast airline that flys NYrs (now Bos) people to places they want to go. I actually think they are pretty honest about this, and they are fine with the route network we have. We may not like it but it makes money and thatís all there is to it. I think you will see more Midwest places connected to Bos and FLL but imho the next growth phase is across the pond given our east coast bases. Heck they just said the 220 is great because it can do trans cons given our base locations. I expect them to use those like the bus since now the 190 fleet goes to bed that wonít be the case with the 220.

hyperboy
07-17-2018, 08:01 AM
One can dream.

I donít see a middle base anytime soon unless we bought Frontier or someone buys us. There is no way around this under the current board and ELT. They are an east coast airline that flys NYrs (now Bos) people to places they want to go. I actually think they are pretty honest about this, and they are fine with the route network we have. We may not like it but it makes money and thatís all there is to it. I think you will see more Midwest places connected to Bos and FLL but imho the next growth phase is across the pond given our east coast bases. Heck they just said the 220 is great because it can do trans cons given our base locations. I expect them to use those like the bus since now the 190 fleet goes to bed that wonít be the case with the 220.

DCA a triple city base meets requirements of 40 miles. My bid is in!

iahflyr
07-17-2018, 03:31 PM

No. They are called the fly over states for a reason...

CaptCoolHand
07-17-2018, 04:35 PM
No. They are called the fly over states for a reason...

west o mississippi... no existo.. el isla buenos tacos. grande!

santiago!

seekingblue
07-17-2018, 04:59 PM
Despite the current disagreements we may have, everyone agrees with this: there will be no mid America base unless we are purchased by United.

capt707
07-18-2018, 07:44 AM
Mid-America base won’t happen, but I think once the A220 shows up we will probably start going into places like IND, MCI, etc

coopervane
07-21-2018, 08:24 AM
Mid-America base wonít happen, but I think once the A220 shows up we will probably start going into places like IND, MCI, etc

I canít find those on my map of the D.R. OR Cuba.

Are you sure you have the right airport codes?

Cmdrls
07-21-2018, 08:41 AM

You have to pay more attention, both of those airports are in Haiti.

Bluedriver
07-21-2018, 10:00 AM

It's funny, cause it's true!

N6279P
07-21-2018, 04:53 PM
Despite the current disagreements we may have, everyone agrees with this: there will be no mid America base unless we are purchased by United.

Why does this JetBlue pilot rumor keep going around?

hilltopflyer
07-21-2018, 06:26 PM
Why does this JetBlue pilot rumor keep going around?

Cause they are the last flavor of the month to buy us. It changes from wn to united to delta to us buying frontier to merging with Alaska and back to united.

PasserOGas
07-22-2018, 06:35 AM
Cause they are the last flavor of the month to buy us. It changes from wn to united to delta to us buying frontier to merging with Alaska and back to united.

"Even a broken clock is correct twice a day."
-hyperboy

727_Driver
07-27-2018, 01:05 PM
I think they just want to keep adding flights to the east coast bases and go to EU and more flights to the islands. They are expanding in FLL and MCO last rumor I heard...

FLL will be fund with 10L is shut down for a few months. I hope they fix that washboard of a runway.....

surreal1221
07-29-2018, 12:51 PM
Mid America? All those places few people want to leisure travel to? Sorry, but Branson/Springfield MO arent big ticket items for those who live in our focus cities. Additionally, very few folks in such markets are interested in going to the far extremes of the country - which is fine by me.

PasserOGas
07-29-2018, 09:19 PM
Mid America? All those places few people want to leisure travel to? Sorry, but Branson/Springfield MO arent big ticket items for those who live in our focus cities. Additionally, very few folks in such markets are interested in going to the far extremes of the country - which is fine by me.

PAP and Kingston. That is where the the leisure dollar wants to go. :rolleyes:

queue
07-30-2018, 11:31 PM
PAP and Kingston. That is where the the leisure dollar wants to go. :rolleyes:

Who would've thought those countries could give so much business... BJ tickets are not cheap.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1