Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training towards R-ATP

tlee
07-17-2018, 05:15 PM
Hey guys Iím currently a cadet approaching the 850 mark. I was just wondering if you can count any of the sim time during training towards the 1,000 hour minimum time? And if so how much can you count? Thanks

inky13
07-17-2018, 05:16 PM
14 cfr 61.159:
(3) 50 hours of flight time in the class of airplane for the rating sought. A maximum of 25 hours of training in a full flight simulator representing the class of airplane for the rating sought may be credited toward the flight time requirement of this paragraph if the training was accomplished as part of an approved training course in parts 121, 135, 141, or 142 of this chapter. A flight training device or aviation training device may not be used to satisfy this requirement.

(6) Not more than 100 hours of the total aeronautical experience requirements of paragraph (a) of this section or ß61.160 may be obtained in a full flight simulator or flight training device provided the device represents an airplane and the aeronautical experience was accomplished as part of an approved training course in parts 121, 135, 141, or 142 of this chapter.

tlee
07-17-2018, 05:33 PM
Thanks inky13 I didnít word my question very good. I knew you could count up towards 25 hours towards the multi time and you cant count more than 100 hours in a full flight simulator. However, I was wondering if Envoy had a specific amount of sim hours that training took or if it varies? Iíve heard someone say you could start training at 964 hours, but not sure if thatís accurate or reliable lol. Iím just getting excited to move on to the next adventure so trying to get an idea when I could start or if they prefer you to get to the full 1,000 beforehand?

inky13
07-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Thanks inky13 I didnít word my question very good. I knew you could count up towards 25 hours towards the multi time and you cant count more than 100 hours in a full flight simulator. However, I was wondering if Envoy had a specific amount of sim hours that training took or if it varies? Iíve heard someone say you could start training at 964 hours, but not sure if thatís accurate or reliable lol. Iím just getting excited to move on to the next adventure so trying to get an idea when I could start or if they prefer you to get to the full 1,000 beforehand?

I would start by asking recruitment, they would know the hard number to enter training with.

See ya soon!

tlee
07-17-2018, 06:02 PM
I would start by asking recruitment, they would know the hard number to enter training with.

See ya soon!

Sounds good will do. Thank you!

Iflythe72
07-17-2018, 08:43 PM
Sounds good will do. Thank you!

I came in with 960 total time which included sim time at my flight school. Used the 10 hours in atp/ctp and the 30 something from sim training at envoy.

Ijustlikeflying
07-18-2018, 04:52 AM
Have you converted ur R-ATP to regular ATP yet? If so any advice. I hear they are a pain in the butt at the FSDOís

tlee
07-18-2018, 05:11 AM
I came in with 960 total time which included sim time at my flight school. Used the 10 hours in atp/ctp and the 30 something from sim training at envoy.

Sweet! thanks I appreciate it

Iflythe72
07-18-2018, 05:17 AM
Have you converted ur R-ATP to regular ATP yet? If so any advice. I hear they are a pain in the butt at the FSDOís

I havenít yet

crj700
07-18-2018, 09:26 AM
Have you converted ur R-ATP to regular ATP yet? If so any advice. I hear they are a pain in the butt at the FSDO’s

When I wanted to have an 8710 processed at DFW FSDO, the wait for an appointment was almost 4 weeks. Keep that in mind.

Dfwnightflyer
07-18-2018, 10:54 AM

Itís pretty easy. Call ahead and schedule your appt. Bring your logbooks, your old 8710 (showing where you are short on hrs), and a new 8710. Entire process took 30 mins once I got there mainly cuz the dude was using hunt and peck method on his laptop.
For the record I just printed and signed my elogsite pages that included a summarized XC column (where I was short) and that was good enough.

Ijustlikeflying
07-18-2018, 12:00 PM
Itís pretty easy. Call ahead and schedule your appt. Bring your logbooks, your old 8710 (showing where you are short on hrs), and a new 8710. Entire process took 30 mins once I got there mainly cuz the dude was using hunt and peck method on his laptop.
For the record I just printed and signed my elogsite pages that included a summarized XC column (where I was short) and that was good enough.

When I got hired at eagle, they sent my 8710 in to the FAA? How did you re-obtain your original to give them?

Dfwnightflyer
07-18-2018, 12:15 PM
Print it from IACRA.

Livingtofly89
07-19-2018, 06:46 PM

This is correct ☝🏼

SoFloFlyer
07-19-2018, 08:57 PM

Do the Level D sims count towards total time or is it still sim time or both?

Iflythe72
07-19-2018, 09:22 PM
Do the Level D sims count towards total time or is it still sim time or both?

Both, sim time and total time. As long as your sim time isnít over 100 hours per the guidelines in the regs for the R-atp