Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Restructuring

Softpayman
07-20-2018, 07:53 AM
Says behind the scenes positions to be impacted.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/063f82f0-5bd5-35c0-9f29-d984a310ea41/jetblue-reshuffles-corporate.html?.tsrc=applewf

Enjoy the buyout protections our PEA provides!!

benzoate
07-20-2018, 08:12 AM

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/063f82f0-5bd5-35c0-9f29-d984a310ea41/jetblue-reshuffles-corporate.html?.tsrc=applewf

Lets be honest here. You have to make difficult cuts in an effort to compensate for Giggitys salary and lack of experience. And since you can't simply cut healthcare by 80 Million over 4 years(thanks Barger) you have to cut employees.

hilltopflyer
07-20-2018, 08:15 AM
Hopefully moving headquarters to osc. Makes no sense to have crew scheduling in most expensive place in the us.

LoudFastRules
07-20-2018, 08:34 AM
Hopefully moving headquarters to osc. Makes no sense to have crew scheduling in most expensive place in the us.

They could triple the scheduling staffing and still melt down.

GuppyPuppy
07-20-2018, 08:35 AM

That way we get the best people! 🤣

GP

queue
07-20-2018, 09:42 AM

Fear mongering or intentional deception to get us to buy off on a substandard TA.

The Railway Labor Act Simplified (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/jetblue/114169-railway-labor-act-simplified.html)

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

capt707
07-20-2018, 09:46 AM
Gotta make room for the United people :p

hilltopflyer
07-20-2018, 09:57 AM
Gotta make room for the United people :p

I wish
Filler

augustwest
07-20-2018, 10:02 AM

As in Oscoda, MI?

hilltopflyer
07-20-2018, 10:03 AM
As in Oscoda, MI?

Are you a b6 pilot?

augustwest
07-20-2018, 10:05 AM
Are you a b6 pilot?

Obviously not

jtrain609
07-20-2018, 10:27 AM
As in Oscoda, MI?

I like where this is going. Hopefully we can move training there too so we can have lunch at the Big Boy over in Tawas.

hilltopflyer
07-20-2018, 11:42 AM
Obviously not

Didnít know. Itís our training facility down in Orlando.

ThreeStripe
07-20-2018, 11:51 AM
United buyout will be announced shortly.

hilltopflyer
07-20-2018, 12:24 PM
Hopefully they will be getting rid of 3/4 of the Vice Presidents we have. Seems like they give that title away for
Xmas bonusí

Bluedriver
07-20-2018, 04:10 PM
Man, if they get rid of all these managers, our on-time performance is gonna tank!

Bozo the pilot
07-20-2018, 04:52 PM
United buyout will be announced shortly.

Dont tease me.
All I want for Xmas is a white pilot shirt.

benzoate
07-21-2018, 01:40 AM
Man, if they get rid of all these managers, our on-time performance is gonna tank!

Thats some funny chit right there.

What I do find interesting is nothing is mentioned with regard moving certain positions to MCO or restructuring any of the departments to increase OTP. It appears new departments are being created to support new EVP positions but, again, nothing is being done to fix the heart of Jetblues biggest problem. I'd wager an underperforming routes cause could be related to OTP. Just a thought.

dingo222
07-21-2018, 05:55 AM
Wow Robins email was one giant circle jerk. We hate to see people go, we are creating new departments. I guess because Iím not a VP with a decoder ring, Iíll never understand whatís going on at this place. Snafu

queue
07-21-2018, 07:29 AM
Wow Robins email was one giant circle jerk. We hate to see people go, we are creating new departments. I guess because Iím not a VP with a decoder ring, Iíll never understand whatís going on at this place. Snafu

Firings.

https://img.ifcdn.com/images/a60329b33d7b5d87b5ed4bd1e613565fa05faf9c248abc15ef ee47a6494edfa4_3.jpg

The Railway Labor Act Simplified (https://www.airlinepilotforums.com/jetblue/114169-railway-labor-act-simplified.html)

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

F4E Mx
07-24-2018, 12:47 PM
Jet Blue is up for sale isn't it? Don't see any other explanation. Just a question of how many executives can get the big bucks on the way out and who wants the airline. Good luck (no sarcasm intended).

GuppyPuppy
07-24-2018, 12:54 PM
Jet Blue is up for sale isn't it? Don't see any other explanation. Just a question of how many executives can get the big bucks on the way out and who wants the airline. Good luck (no sarcasm intended).

Hopefully United.

GP

seekingblue
07-24-2018, 01:01 PM
hopefully united.

Gp

🤞🤞........

Rascal
07-25-2018, 07:27 AM
🤞🤞........

My feelings exactly. I find it somewhat humorous that we get bombarded with daily emails about "culture", all the while many of us can't wait to be sold.

benzoate
07-25-2018, 07:48 AM

Jetblue has been for sale since 2004.

The roof isnít crumbling. Nothing really to see here. The promotion of Gigity, the retention of Christie is more a chronyism than anything else. It signals a firm belief in Jetblue as a multifaceted company and not just an airline. The ďbrandĒ is more important than OTP. Whatís fascinating to me is the bean counters have to understand the ability to monetize OTP however the board and senior management seem not to care.
The airline continues to operate despite the leadership.

Sun Tzu
07-25-2018, 08:21 AM
Every airline is always up for sale, 24/7/365.

Matter of fact, every company is always for sale, period. Heck, Mon-freaking-santo was bought by Bayer.

We're all gonna end up working for Amazon or Google (Alphabet) anyway. :) Resistance is futile, you will be assimilated.

rightside02
07-25-2018, 09:58 AM
Outsider here. Is Warren Christie finally getting da boot !?!?

BeatNavy
07-25-2018, 10:01 AM
Outsider here. Is Warren Christie finally getting da boot !?!?

Not yet. Not until the BoD decides to clean house, maybe not even then.

benzoate
07-25-2018, 11:26 AM
Not yet. Not until the BoD decides to clean house, maybe not even then.

Christie is no different than Gigity from the standpoint that all their aviation experience is jetblue based and therein lies the problem. Jetblue believes they way Jetblue operates is the only way to operate. Industry metrics bare a different fact.

If you canít change the management then you must change the mentality or approach. If you cant make those changes then you resign yourself to being last in the industry.

This is why Wall Street hates Jetblue in my opinion. Clearly you can monetize performance but the BoD and senior management believe more in chronyism thanperformance improvements.

DontCallMeCindy
07-25-2018, 11:46 AM
Christie is no different than Gigity from the standpoint that all their aviation experience is jetblue based and therein lies the problem. Jetblue believes they way Jetblue operates is the only way to operate. Industry metrics bare a different fact.

If you canít change the management then you must change the mentality or approach. If you cant make those changes then you resign yourself to being last in the industry.

This is why Wall Street hates Jetblue in my opinion. Clearly you can monetize performance but the BoD and senior management believe more in chronyism thanperformance improvements.

Itís cronyism just FYI ;)

benzoate
07-25-2018, 12:08 PM
It’s cronyism just FYI ;)

I’m aware. iPad spell check is not.;)

Beechnut
07-25-2018, 05:21 PM
I thought Christie quit years ago.

BeatNavy
07-25-2018, 05:46 PM
I thought Christie quit years ago.

Well yeah, he did. But got to get his old seniority number when he came back.

PasserOGas
07-25-2018, 07:54 PM
Well yeah, he did. But got to get his old seniority number when he came back.

Didn't he go to work for our totally unrelated, not an alter ego *wink, wink*, allowed under our "airtight", TA scope, code share partner JetsuiteX along with a bunch of our ELT?

SmitteyB
07-26-2018, 05:09 AM
Christie is no different than Gigity from the standpoint that all their aviation experience is jetblue based and therein lies the problem. Jetblue believes they way Jetblue operates is the only way to operate.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

This is exactly how I explain why JetBlue botches IROPs and canít run on time. They refuse to volunteer the fact that maybe they are the problem.

seekingblue
07-26-2018, 05:30 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes.

This is exactly how I explain why JetBlue botches IROPs and canít run on time. They refuse to volunteer the fact that maybe they are the problem.

No one in upper management will own that they have a problem. That's why we have middle managers: easier to blame.

The ELT won't be held responsible for any group except the BOD. This is why a separate and strong BOD is so important.

jtrain609
07-26-2018, 06:44 AM
Yes. Yes. Yes.

Or it's an operating plan to botch IROP's because it's cheaper than staffing correctly? As long as people keep showing up, who cares if we run 10% more on time for 50% greater cost.

SmitteyB
07-26-2018, 09:51 AM
Or it's an operating plan to botch IROP's because it's cheaper than staffing correctly? As long as people keep showing up, who cares if we run 10% more on time for 50% greater cost.

Can't rule that out either, sadly.

If JetBlue was serious about OTP, they would lure some middle management and Operations folks away from the Big 3 to try and fix the core problems.

Gearswinger
07-26-2018, 10:13 AM
They donít care about OTP. Period. Go on the main page of hellojb and click on the metrics to see what the actual goals are. The goal is pathetic and we donít even meet that. But we are meeting our communication WOW Scores, so high 5s all around.

hilltopflyer
07-26-2018, 10:35 AM
If they actually cared about OTP they would allow the cpt to drop the brake as soon as positive communication is established with the ramp crew. Other day we waited 15 min for clearance to push. So we ended up being 12 min late.

pilotpayne
07-26-2018, 11:09 AM
If they actually cared about OTP they would allow the cpt to drop the brake as soon as positive communication is established with the ramp crew. Other day we waited 15 min for clearance to push. So we ended up being 12 min late.

Thee STUPIDEST procedure EVER
They give control of our ontime to ramp or ground.
I know it would cost more money but really how much are we even talking? They are soooooo stubborn about this kind of stuff.

benzoate
07-26-2018, 02:42 PM
Can't rule that out either, sadly.

If JetBlue was serious about OTP, they would lure some middle management and Operations folks away from the Big 3 to try and fix the core problems.
Jetblue canít lure the right candidates to what amounts to a dead end job. I truly believe the secret is out as to how jetblue is run, the cult mentality superseding common sense and, lastly, the lack or pay or upward movement.

There have been enough qualified candidates come and go and Iím sure, in more discrete circles, the truth has been spoken.

Take for example JetBlueís latest hire to fix flight ops coming from none other than Great Lakes Aviation. Jetblue airways is not a career destination for management. Gigity, Christie, mr Great Lakes are a perfect example of this.

727_Driver
07-29-2018, 01:33 PM

just wait until you can't get clearance because they are de-icing in the alley and using I & IV. ontime goes to late just like that...

Fr8Thrust
07-30-2018, 12:08 AM

I canít imagine a lot of people actually follow that guidance.

Gearswinger
07-30-2018, 02:01 AM

Youíd be surprised. 99.9% of the CAs I fly with do. MGT puts it in the book, we fly SOP.

GuppyPuppy
07-30-2018, 04:08 AM
Youíd be surprised. 99.9% of the CAs I fly with do. MGT puts it in the book, we fly SOP.

Yep. And the new contract doesn't entice me to actually give a damn.

Gup

SmitteyB
07-30-2018, 04:13 AM

Agree. Itís a rare sight when someone drops it early.

aldonite7667
07-30-2018, 05:01 AM
Agree. Itís a rare sight when someone drops it early.

It didnít used to be. It used to happen all the time. Iíd love to have that kind of discretion but following SOP comes first.

Bozo the pilot
07-30-2018, 06:48 AM
Yep. And the new contract doesn't entice me to actually give a damn.

Gup

^^^ THIS ^^^
SOP only till retirement.

CaptCoolHand
07-30-2018, 07:52 AM

I can't imagine not doing it since not doing it is blatantly disregarding SOP.

CanoeBum
07-30-2018, 09:13 AM
When one does do it everything gets really awkward for a few minutes because then the FO has to remind the PIC of SOP. Nobody wants to be put in that position.

hilltopflyer
07-30-2018, 10:47 AM
Company used to listen for push clearance to make sure people were following sop.

queue
07-30-2018, 11:22 PM

It might be the right way to fix, or at least identify, the underlying cause. If we always just drop the brake, we are enablers to the problem. The problem is not so much SOP on our end, its all the support people and processes that are broken.