Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New hires beware of Skywest.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 06:18 PM
I am a Delta pilot who came up through the ranks of an ALPA regional. There are many of us who are not happy about what Skywest has done.

They are about the only non union airline in the US. They have been shutting down and replacing union carriers like ASA, XJT, and Horizon as they refuse to join their union colleagues.

Many ALPA carriers, including Delta, United, and FedEx give preference to ALPA pilots per a resolution that was passed by the ALPA BOD in 2016.

There are some ALPA pilots starting to refuse the jumpseat for Skywest pilots.

Plenty of options out there. Choose wisely. Skywest has a ďstinkĒ in the industry.

Check Complete
07-20-2018, 06:43 PM
Cue Ricky and fate in 3,2,1...

As they know everything there is to know!

Just ask them......

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 06:57 PM
I am a Delta pilot who came up through the ranks of an ALPA regional. There are many of us who are not happy about what Skywest has done.

They are about the only non union airline in the US. They have been shutting down and replacing union carriers like ASA, XJT, and Horizon as they refuse to join their union colleagues.

Many ALPA carriers, including Delta, United, and FedEx give preference to ALPA pilots per a resolution that was passed by the ALPA BOD in 2016.

Plenty of options out there. Choose wisely. Skywest has a ďstinkĒ in the industry.

Hey make sure to tell general lee / deadseal hello!!!

Low Flyin
07-20-2018, 06:57 PM

There is also a Delta ďstinkĒ in the industry. Weíre all all in the big leagues, honestly who has the time and energy to care about the minors? Get a hobby or go outside and enjoy the summer.

FedUpPayMe
07-20-2018, 07:01 PM
There is also a Delta “stink” in the industry. We’re all all in the big leagues, honestly who has the time and energy to care about the minors? Get a hobby or go outside and enjoy the summer.

What he posted is true. Jumpseat requests have been denied due to the fact that we refuse to unionize.

RJCaptin
07-20-2018, 07:02 PM
Wow... a Delta Pilot..... So mighty. How many SkyWest pilots has Delta hired? How many Delta pilots jumpseat on SkyWest? Pretty sure Delta isn’t stupid enough to farm out their flying to SkyWest....:rolleyes:

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:05 PM
What he posted is true. Jumpseat requests have been denied due to the fact that we refuse to unionize.

Sweet. Hopefully the SkyWest folks will reciprocate back to the Delta pilots! That will make for some fun!

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:09 PM
Sweet. Hopefully the SkyWest folks will reciprocate back to the Delta pilots! That will make for some fun!

Go ahead and deny me the jumpseat. You will be digging your own grave. We should be doing your flying anyway. No more Skywest on the jumpseat for me until you present an ALPA card.

Low Flyin
07-20-2018, 07:09 PM

ALPA doesnít care about regionals, they represent their mainline partners, which is why itís a large conflict of interest. 2% of regional paychecks arenít funding the operation.

Low Flyin
07-20-2018, 07:11 PM
Go ahead and deny me the jumpseat. You will be digging your own grave. We should be doing your flying anyway. No more Skywest on the jumpseat for me until you present an ALPA card.

Didnít you say you came up through a ALPA Delta regional? So are you advocating taking jobs away from ALPA Delta regional flying?

FedUpPayMe
07-20-2018, 07:11 PM
ALPA doesnít care about regionals, they represent their mainline partners, which is why itís a large conflict of interest. 2% of regional paychecks arenít funding the operation.

You obviously have little understanding of how ALPA works. But do keep on reading the "why unions are bad" page on SWOL. It's the best way of being informed on this issue. :rolleyes:

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:12 PM
Go ahead and deny me the jumpseat. You will be digging your own grave. We should be going your flying anyway. No more Skywest on the jumpseat for me until you present an ALPA card.

Cool, where are you based? Want to make sure I can have it arranged. I like digging my own grave.

http://replygif.net/i/1472.gif

amcnd
07-20-2018, 07:15 PM
Did you ever try to jumpseat on Delta 20+ years ago!!! ????ask that question to you Delta Captain. Never ever threaten the Jumpseat... that shows your immaturity....

Low Flyin
07-20-2018, 07:17 PM
You obviously have little understanding of how ALPA works. But do keep on reading the "why unions are bad" page on SWOL. It's the best way of being informed on this issue. :rolleyes:

I donít work at SKW anymore, but I do fly for an ALPA carrier (and was also offered jobs at other major ALPA carriers). I just thought when you get to the bigs, everyone just stops caring about the regional drama.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:19 PM
Did you ever try to jumpseat on Delta 20+ years ago!!! ????ask that question to you Delta Captain. Never ever threaten the Jumpseat... that shows your immaturity....

Itís my jumpseat. Time for you kids to join ALPA if you want a ride. Quit treating my fellow union members like crap while you beg for a ride.

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:23 PM
Itís my jumpseat. Time for you kids to join ALPA if you want a ride. Quit treating my fellow union members like crap while you beg for a ride.

Ahhhhh, this really sums it up. Yea, you are no Delta pilot. Next.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:25 PM
Ahhhhh, this really sums it up. Yea, you are no Delta pilot. Next.

In a way, you are right. Iím FNWA. Skywest pilots donít get my jumpseat until they join the rest of us.

amcnd
07-20-2018, 07:25 PM

Ask your CP about the last Delta pilot who did that... (wasnít just to OO guys either). He had fun buying tickets to work after loosing his nonrev benefits for a year.. So i was told by the Delta CP...

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:27 PM
In a way, you are right. Iím FNWA. Skywest pilots donít get my jumpseat until they join the rest of us.

Wow, if that is true this makes you even more pathetic than I thought.

Low Flyin
07-20-2018, 07:29 PM

Youíre like the guy in college who canít seem to put high school behind him. Real cool guy here. Move on with your career.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:30 PM
Ask your CP about the last Delta pilot who did that... (wasnít just to OO guys either). He had fun buying tickets to work after loosing his nonrev benefits for a year.. So i was told by the Delta CP...

I donít care. The Skywest pilots are freeloading. ALPA got you KCM. ALPA got CASS after 911. Skywest is replacing union carriers.

Join the rest of us or get left behind.

Why do you guys have pride in being non union in a union business?

amcnd
07-20-2018, 07:36 PM
On my resent visit to Paris. I learned even Hitler didn't march through the Arc de Triomphe out of respect.. same should go for the Jumpseat.. Never hold it hostage, Itís a repsect thing...

amcnd
07-20-2018, 07:38 PM
And SkyWest will no doubt be ALPA one day. (Or Union atleast) give it a year or so..

FedUpPayMe
Can't tell whether OP is serious or just troll...

WidgetDriver
On my resent visit to Paris. I learned even Hitler didn't march through the Arc de Triomphe out of respect.. same should go for the Jumpseat.. Never hold it hostage, Itís a repsect thing...

I donít respect non union pilots who stand by and watch union pilots lose their jobs. Get on board or walk to work. I donít care.

FedUpPayMe
07-20-2018, 07:39 PM
And SkyWest will no doubt be ALPA one day. (Or Union atleast) give it a year or so..

Yup attitudes are changing fast. One more bad pay proposal and it might just do the trick and launch the drive

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:42 PM
I donít care. The Skywest pilots are freeloading. ALPA got you KCM. ALPA got CASS after 911. Skywest is replacing union carriers.

Join the rest of us or get left behind.

Why do you guys have pride in being non union in a union business?

Non union carriers don't replace union carriers dummy. Pilots don't make those decisions, those decisions are made by, oh, wait, the management from the major partners. Like, you know, that airline you work for? Or claim to anyway...

100LL
07-20-2018, 07:47 PM
From reading these airline forums, airline pilots are like women hospital employees. Nothing but drama and competing who has the sexier body or in the airline case who’s airline is better......omg where is your hat? Omg you don’t dress professionally. Omg unions and the list goes on.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:47 PM
Non union carriers don't replace union carriers dummy. Pilots don't make those decisions, those decisions are made by, oh, wait, the management from the major partners. Like, you know, that airline you work for? Or claim to anyway...

And pilots have lotís of choices these days. Most regional carriers pay more than Skywest. Some have career progression.

If you choose to work for Skywest, then you choose to work for a union busting company. No jumpseat from me and you will have a tougher time moving on to an ALPA mainline.

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:51 PM
And pilots have lotís of choices these days. Most regional carriers pay more than Skywest. Some have career progression.

If you choose to work for Skywest, then you choose to work for a union busting company. No jumpseat from me and you will have a tougher time moving on to an ALPA mainline.

Hey, quick question. You jumpseat on SkyWest ever?

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:53 PM
Hey, quick question. You jumpseat on SkyWest ever?

No I donít. Right now I jumpseat on XJT. What you are doing to them is wrong.

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:54 PM
No I donít.

And where are you based, and what equipment you fly so we all know where the SkyWest folks will be denied? Wanna get the word out ya know...

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 07:56 PM
And where are you based, and what equipment you fly so we all know where the SkyWest folks will be denied? Wanna get the word out ya know...

ATL. ExpressJetís home turf until the non union dirtbags took over.

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 07:57 PM
ATL. ExpressJetís home turf until the non union dirtbags took over.

What equipment?

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 08:01 PM
What equipment?

Mad dog........

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 08:04 PM
Mad dog........

Sweet....if you are 100% legit in all of this, which I have serious doubts, you are an absolute idiot for starting such a thread and making threats.

Good luck there genius, you are going to need it!

http://replygif.net/i/1552.gif

Dontfly4free
07-20-2018, 08:08 PM
Mad dog........

Whats your name? I have several mad dog buddies who are really interested to talk to you, and one of them just so happens to be an ALPA rep. Needless to say he is not happy, and what you are doing is against their "No pilot left behind" initiative that you as a due paying member supports and agree to...

Mercyful Fate
07-20-2018, 08:10 PM
Whats your name? I have several mad dog buddies who are really interested to talk to you, and one of them just so happens to be an ALPA rep. Needless to say he is not happy, and what you are doing is against their "No pilot left behind" initiative that you as a due paying member supports and agree to...

I have made a post in the Delta forum to hopefully get some Delta folks to come over and join this discussion. This will be of big interest to them.

WidgetDriver
07-20-2018, 08:10 PM

How about the ASA/XJT Pilots? They are being left behind. Tell him to contact me and we can talk.

Bartender
07-20-2018, 08:16 PM
I have made a post in the Delta forum to hopefully get some Delta folks to come over and join this discussion. This will be of big interest to them.

I donít care what they think. Iím an ASA pilot who is now asking for a union card before you ride my jumpseat.

Scoop
07-20-2018, 08:17 PM
Cmon guys no one wins in a jumpseat battle. I don't see this thread contributing much to the general discourse so I am shutting it down. If you want to discuss these issues please keep it civil.

Scoop

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1