Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Commuting from Richmond va

jetlag q
07-21-2018, 09:57 AM
So I am part of the airmen trainee program , I have recently passed my technical interview and nearing my minimums.

What base would be ideal for a person commuting from Richmond?

Inside DEENA
07-21-2018, 01:09 PM
Whichever one your seniority allows. IAD would be easy (drivable), but is very senior, so not likely to get that. ORD not quite as senior, but still a long shot for a jr. FO.

Plan on either MKE or CAE, both of which will be 2-leg commutes unless you move to base.

ID

Otterbox
07-21-2018, 01:28 PM
So I am part of the airmen trainee program , I have recently passed my technical interview and nearing my minimums.

What base would be ideal for a person commuting from Richmond?

PSA took over ORF and DCA after AWAC left... if you live in RIC, PSA would make your life easier commute wise.

Swakid8
07-21-2018, 04:23 PM
I know a buddy who commutes to ORD out of RIC but he hardly home. PSA has ORF which is super junior and the DCA as bases which will make your life easier.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk