Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Fo w2

Bonanzer
07-24-2018, 05:25 AM
Hello, I got a pm from someone asking about w2 as an FO. I was never an FO on the new contract so I donít have any info. Anyone care to share their w2 and years longevity? Not including bonus. Thanks.

TheWeatherman
07-24-2018, 09:04 PM
Hello, I got a pm from someone asking about w2 as an FO. I was never an FO on the new contract so I donít have any info. Anyone care to share their w2 and years longevity? Not including bonus. Thanks.
Sure, they want my Social Security number and my mother's maiden name too?

Bonanzer
07-25-2018, 09:29 AM
Sure, they want my Social Security number and my mother's maiden name too?

Sorry for the confusion just meant the total w2 income.

WesternSkies
07-25-2018, 11:05 AM
Sounds like a question for 2019

FlyGood
07-25-2018, 09:49 PM
Hereís the easiest way I think I can put it.

Are you a single guy or girl with no debt and just basic rent/mortgage? Youíll be fine, have money to save, and have some money left over for fun.

Are you not that? Youíll still probably be fine, just might have to be a bit tighter money wise for a year or 2.

It all comes down to how you are with money. Iíll fly one trip and the captain will tell me about his $200K household income but is up to his eyeballs in debt and then the next trip Iíll have a captain tell me about how his wife doesnít work but theyíve saved up money to buy a house and his retirement account is looking strong.

Bonanzer
07-26-2018, 06:12 AM
Sounds like a question for 2019

Contract=2015
LOA=2018

I was referring to w2 income from 2016 forward.