Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : September class

StartUp161WanaB
07-24-2018, 05:52 AM
Anyone attending the September CTP/Indoc class dates?

JediCheese
07-24-2018, 06:33 AM
When is the class date (for indoc)? Just idle curiosity...

StartUp161WanaB
07-24-2018, 08:53 AM
9/8 CTP
9/23 Indoc

Average days off between the ctp and Indoc seems about a week

Parma3980
07-27-2018, 05:08 AM
Iím in the sept class

StartUp161WanaB
07-27-2018, 01:33 PM
I will have to confirm my dates with HR.

@parma

Did you get your study materials?

StartUp161WanaB
08-16-2018, 04:07 AM
Items to bring for ATP/CTP and Indoc.

Should I bring my logbook for the ATP/CTP?

Do most people drive to Dulles for the Indoc? Or should I just Uber to get around for food and other essential things when needed?

Also, should I bring my headset and logbook during the ground ?

Thank you

v1valarob
08-16-2018, 05:24 AM
Items to bring for ATP/CTP and Indoc.

Should I bring my logbook for the ATP/CTP?

Do most people drive to Dulles for the Indoc? Or should I just Uber to get around for food and other essential things when needed?

Also, should I bring my headset and logbook during the ground ?

Thank you

I donít think anyone actually requires a logbook until the oral exam if you require an ATP. Iíd bring it anyway. Headset is not required until IOE.

If driving is possible, Iíd recommend it. Opens up more options, and no worrying about the hotel shuttle going back and forth from the training center.

StartUp161WanaB
08-16-2018, 06:39 AM
Great, thanks for the feedback.

darrylb38
08-16-2018, 09:20 AM
I'm in the 8/27 CTP and 9/6 indoc class.

Secludedsand
08-17-2018, 02:14 AM
Is the CTP done in house or sent? Do you use the 145 simulator for the CTP?

JediCheese
08-17-2018, 02:34 AM
You may want your headset for the sim. I think they still require you to wear one for the LOFT (there are sets in the sim, but they arenít in the best of shape).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

PosRateGearUp
08-17-2018, 07:34 PM
You may want your headset for the sim. I think they still require you to wear one for the LOFT (there are sets in the sim, but they arenít in the best of shape).

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Also, if FAA shows up youíll be wearing it.

StartUp161WanaB
08-30-2018, 09:54 AM
Anyone know what hotel we are staying at while in ground school?

Physical address would help. Scope out the area to see whatís close by.

Thank you.

jacburn
08-30-2018, 10:35 AM
Anyone know what hotel we are staying at while in ground school?

Physical address would help. Scope out the area to see whatís close by.

Thank you.

It depends. We are using several different hotels around the airport area. There are not very many food options around the hotels that we use around the airport though.

StartUp161WanaB
08-30-2018, 11:13 AM
Does the hotels have free dinners from mon-Thursday?
Iím trying to plan out my financials as it seems like I will need about 3-4 weeks of reserve pay since we donít get paid for ATP/CTP Aand it wil tske about 2 weeks for the payroll to kick in.

jacburn
08-30-2018, 01:13 PM
Does the hotels have free dinners from mon-Thursday?
Iím trying to plan out my financials as it seems like I will need about 3-4 weeks of reserve pay since we donít get paid for ATP/CTP Aand it wil tske about 2 weeks for the payroll to kick in.

The only free meal that you may end up with is breakfast depending on which hotel you stay at. You will also get a couple of free lunches during training and at least one night out with the boss for drinks and food (nachos, pretzels and sandwiches).

Not sure if we still stay at one of the hotels, but they did have pizza one night a week. Most of our hotels will take you to a grocery store to stock up on some food or someone in class normally has a car. I think you will have a large class (15ish) so someone should have a car in IAD if you don't drive.

StartUp161WanaB
08-30-2018, 01:34 PM
Great, thanks for the heads up.