Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Bias Training

Floobs
07-26-2018, 03:44 PM
Anyone else doing this? Seems a few companies are adding training.

DownInPetaluma
07-26-2018, 08:02 PM
Donít believe the gut instinct millions of years of evolution gave you, itís definitely biased.

ReadyRsv
07-26-2018, 09:13 PM
Donít believe the gut instinct millions of years of evolution gave you, itís definitely biased.

Found someone for the first class.

ShyGuy
07-26-2018, 11:22 PM
What bias training? While there are people who may judge you based simply on your color, sex, etc, in the airline industry you will be judged based on your actions, the thing that you are doing.

jcountry
07-27-2018, 07:26 PM
I donít know.

Something I press ďplayĒ on and come back to hit another button after Iíve been doing the laundry or something.

Iím sure itís great stuff.

sailingfun
07-29-2018, 02:33 AM
What bias training? While there are people who may judge you based simply on your color, sex, etc, in the airline industry you will be judged based on your actions, the thing that you are doing.

Completely incorrect. You will be judged when dealing with people based on edited video pandering to the latest perceived biases of people in authority.

badflaps
07-29-2018, 12:26 PM
Completely incorrect. You will be judged when dealing with people based on edited video pandering to the latest perceived biases of people in authority.

Good, then I can continue to travel with my 140 lb. security Newfoundland "Drooly".

fadec
07-31-2018, 05:53 AM
Pay attention to the bias in these bias videos. Are they showing mostly white on black racism and male on female sexism/harassment? Many of these videos reinforce the sexist/racist stereotype against straight white males through disproportionate representation in their fictional case studies.

tomgoodman
07-31-2018, 06:14 AM
Pay attention to the bias in these bias videos. Are they showing mostly white on black racism and male on female sexism/harassment? Many of these videos reinforce the sexist/racist stereotype against straight white males through disproportionate representation in their fictional case studies.

He is guilty by reason of similar appearance! Seize him! :p

badflaps
07-31-2018, 08:11 AM
He is guilty by reason of similar appearance! Seize him! :p

The lament of demilled skunks.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1