Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

amcnd
07-27-2018, 08:09 AM
We’re pleased to announce that Delta is providing an enhanced path to Delta for SkyWest pilots, beginning in September. The new commitment includes a guaranteed resume review for at least 20 SkyWest pilots per month – more resumes than any other non wholly-owned Delta Connection carrier. The provision of a guaranteed commitment for SkyWest pilots is a strong improvement over the lottery hiring system they currently utilize, and gives SkyWest pilots who want it a distinct advantage.

Check Complete
07-27-2018, 08:13 AM
And at Delta after the 2 second review of the resumes they will be filed in our exclusive round filing system.

Delta is very environmentally sensitive and is committed to recycling all paper products.

GuardPolice
07-27-2018, 08:58 AM
We’re pleased to announce that Delta is providing an enhanced path to Delta for SkyWest pilots, beginning in September. The new commitment includes a guaranteed resume review for at least 20 SkyWest pilots per month – more resumes than any other non wholly-owned Delta Connection carrier. The provision of a guaranteed commitment for SkyWest pilots is a strong improvement over the lottery hiring system they currently utilize, and gives SkyWest pilots who want it a distinct advantage.

SkyWest gets a distinct advantage? I’d agree if they were the only DCI carrier to get this. The fact is they aren’t.

Otterbox
07-27-2018, 09:14 AM

With 4621 pilots, only upto 19 years for a new hire to get their resume reviewed!

Check Complete
07-27-2018, 09:19 AM
With 4621 pilots, only upto 19 years for a new hire to get their resumes reviewed!

So you're saying there's a chance!

itsmytime
07-27-2018, 09:34 AM
this thread is all kinds of gold!

TenaciousB
07-27-2018, 09:52 AM
...The new commitment includes a guaranteed resume review for at least 20 SkyWest pilots per month – more resumes than any other non wholly-owned Delta Connection carrier. ...

So how does this compare on a per capita/percentage basis? After all we have more pilots than any other regional. How is it decided what resumes are reviewed?

GuardPolice
07-27-2018, 09:53 AM
With 4621 pilots, only upto 19 years for a new hire to get their resume reviewed!

That’s assuming all SkyWest pilots will have Delta apps submitted.

Skyhawk121
07-27-2018, 09:57 AM
At least it is only going out to three carriers from I heard. Us, Republic and Endeavor, but I'm pretty sure Endeavor already had something like this in place.

amcnd
07-27-2018, 10:01 AM
AA: Envoy =seniority number. UAL: flow..(sort of). .DL: we'll look at 20 resumes (out of 4600 pilots) a month.....

GuardPolice
07-27-2018, 10:12 AM
At least it is only going out to three carriers from I heard. Us, Republic and Endeavor, but I'm pretty sure Endeavor already had something like this in place.

https://news.delta.com/delta-furthers-relationship-delta-connection-pilots-guaranteed-application-review

Compass, GoJet, SkyWest, and Republic.

itsmytime
07-27-2018, 10:18 AM
AA: Envoy =seniority number. UAL: flow..(sort of). .DL: we'll look at 20 resumes (out of 4600 pilots) a month.....

yeah, this is strictly a resume review. not a pulling of your app for an interview.

max gross
07-27-2018, 10:44 AM
and gives SkyWest pilots who want it a distinct advantage.

Lol. Not quite.

amcnd
07-27-2018, 12:41 PM
So 20 resumes a month at lets say 3000 of our 4600 pilots is 150 months or 12.5 years. The difference between us and the other regionals involved is 100% of our pilots get it.. so lets say RP gets 10 a month and only 600 of there pilots. Thats 60 months or 5 years... (not sure Republics number or GoJets/Compass)

TiredSoul
07-27-2018, 12:47 PM
I can get your app reviewed.
Just send me your resume and $20 and I’ll send it in for ya!

fortyeight
07-27-2018, 01:45 PM
So 20 resumes a month at lets say 3000 of our 4600 pilots is 150 months or 12.5 years. The difference between us and the other regionals involved is 100% of our pilots get it.. so lets say RP gets 10 a month and only 600 of there pilots. Thats 60 months or 5 years... (not sure Republics number or GoJets/Compass)

YX is 15/month

trip
07-27-2018, 01:53 PM
How is it that DL will be able to review another airlines pilots reliability record, customer service score and CRM (??) then apply appropriate extra credit to your resume?

amcnd
07-27-2018, 02:17 PM
How is it that DL will be able to review another airlines pilots reliability record, customer service score and CRM (??) then apply appropriate extra credit to your resume?

I know when there is a delay passengers get a email. One of the questions is did the Captain make a announcement? And DL can see the crew names in there computer.. remember last year in CQ ground they showed us the list of the top Captains..

amcnd
07-27-2018, 02:18 PM
YX is 15/month

And how many pilots “eligible”?

trip
07-27-2018, 02:24 PM
I know when there is a delay passengers get a email. One of the questions is did the Captain make a announcement? And DL can see the crew names in there computer.. remember last year in CQ ground they showed us the list of the top Captains..

I know about that, what about the other two?

amcnd
07-27-2018, 02:37 PM
I know about that, what about the other two?

We need a definition of the other two. We talking ontime departure, brake release to push, or sick calls? They have access to the first two...

trip
07-27-2018, 02:49 PM
We need a definition of the other two. We talking ontime departure, brake release to push, or sick calls? They have access to the first two...

I hope fifteen years and tens of thousands of DL PAX delivered safely counts for something....

ninerdriver
07-27-2018, 03:47 PM

9E has a guaranteed interview in place.

Check Complete
07-27-2018, 04:07 PM

Ya

In CQ we didn't really call them "top" pilots, we called them something that would get me banned here. (think knee pads)

Suffice to say the ones doing it are the kind of ego maniacs that love to be in the lime light, kind of like the richards that wear their uniform to the grocery store hat and all.

If that's what Delta wants, then the chance of me getting on is zero. But to me most of the guys at the big D look like they just smelled a fart when they walk in the terminal.

amcnd
07-27-2018, 04:12 PM
Ya

In CQ we didn't really call them "top" pilots, we called them something that would get me banned here. (think knee pads)

Suffice to say the ones doing it are the kind of ego maniacs that love to be in the lime light, kind of like the richards that wear their uniform to the grocery store hat and all.

If that's what Delta wants, then the chance of me getting on is zero. But to me most of the guys at the big D look like they just smelled a fart when they walk in the terminal.

Most the guys on that list are gone to the Majors.....

atpcliff
07-27-2018, 04:13 PM
I can't believe Delta would even promote that they were doing something so useless as this...

Check Complete
07-27-2018, 04:16 PM
I can't believe Delta would even promote that they were doing something so useless as this...

But don't let that stop SkyWest...

sailingfun
07-27-2018, 04:29 PM

Delta has moved more pilots from its regionals to the mainline than any other airline by a huge margin. American and United combined are not even close over the last 5 years.

John Carr
07-27-2018, 04:51 PM

Nope, not even close to a flow..(sort of)

domino
07-27-2018, 05:02 PM
Delta has moved more pilots from its regionals to the mainline than any other airline by a huge margin. American and United combined are not even close over the last 5 years.

SkyWest went to UA and made the case that them hiring too many Skywest pilots at once wouldn’t be good. They listened.

Check Complete
07-27-2018, 09:42 PM
SkyWest went to UA and made the case that them hiring too many Skywest pilots at once wouldn’t be good. They listened.

And Delta, told to me directly by a former Chief Pilot.

All this is just a dog and pony show to get people in the front door at SkyWest.

You are a number!

Nothing more!

hawk21
07-28-2018, 09:16 AM
It's a step in the right direction so I won't complain.

domino
07-28-2018, 05:07 PM
And Delta, told to me directly by a former Chief Pilot.

All this is just a dog and pony show to get people in the front door at SkyWest.

You are a number!

Nothing more!

Yeah. I meant to say UA and Delta. It appeared UA played ball a little better. Mind you this was 2012 when I found out.

rickair7777
07-29-2018, 07:19 AM
yeah, this is strictly a resume review. not a pulling of your app for an interview.

Lol. Not quite.

Any friend of yours who works for DAL can trigger a resume review by sending an email.

rickair7777
07-29-2018, 07:22 AM

Yes. DAL compiles this data and definitely checks it when you interview (maybe before they call you?). If you've been flying DCI for a while, you will have an IROP customer satisfaction track record relative to your DCI peers.

rickair7777
07-29-2018, 07:26 AM

This happened in '99 (with DAL), and I have no doubt SGU would plead the same case today. And it's not illegal to agree not to poach from your business partners (it is illegal to make such an agreement with competitors, ie silicon valley).

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1