Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Sun Tzu
07-27-2018, 08:43 AM
I'll take my bonus + PTO cash-out and am thinking of using it for a down-payment on a single-family rental in a working class neighborhood. Should be a nice monthly cash flow for the rest of my life. I'm glad the TA passed, needless to say.

Just curious what others are doing?

GuppyPuppy
07-27-2018, 08:45 AM
Maybe I'll go to the movies. By myself.

Gup

GuardPolice
07-27-2018, 08:48 AM
Maybe I'll go to the movies. By myself.

Gup

Trading Places...classic

Sun Tzu
07-27-2018, 08:51 AM
I actually like going to movies by myself. Preferable on weeknights. Much less drama or annoying crowds. A nice break from the airport mosh pits.

PasserOGas
07-27-2018, 08:56 AM
Well let's see, after tax it should be around 3-4k. This represents around 30% of the dues I have paid ALPA so far. This is a - 60% ROI on that money.

Maybe I will hire a CPA and see if I can claim that as a loss on my taxes in some way.

Std Deviation
07-27-2018, 09:04 AM
Donating it to charity. All of it.

Powderkeg
07-27-2018, 09:07 AM
Congrats to those of you that are happy, and to those that arenít...it could always be worse.

But some people seem upset about the amount of the signing bonus, are signing bonus/retro payments customary when negotiating a first contract? If youíre not trying to play catch-up from an amendable date how does one quantify a good/bad deal on a signing bonus?

seekingblue
07-27-2018, 09:09 AM

Good for you. Wish more people had that mindset.

N311JB
07-27-2018, 09:18 AM
Like I said in my other post, Iím spending it on a boat and a 3rd ex-wife. If I have any left might buy a nice cell phone clip for my belt, maybe some white tennis shoes and jean shorts too. Full pilot off duty lifestyle. Maybe Iíll use it to offset next years profit sharing check since the earnings were so awful.

capt707
07-27-2018, 09:35 AM
I'll take my bonus + PTO cash-out and am thinking of using it for a down-payment on a single-family rental in a working class neighborhood. Should be a nice monthly cash flow for the rest of my life. I'm glad the TA passed, needless to say.

You are a sad person.

Softpayman
07-27-2018, 09:55 AM
You are a sad person.

Just curious why do you say that?

seekingblue
07-27-2018, 10:19 AM
You are a sad person.

I think he was saying he wanted to buy a rental property? Not sure why he is sad?

Al Czervik
07-27-2018, 10:23 AM
Good for you. Wish more people had that mindset.

Most pay taxes......

hilltopflyer
07-27-2018, 12:06 PM
You are a sad person.

Why? Thatís a great idea. I wish mine was big enough I could do that but instead Iím going to be getting groceries.

Sun Tzu
07-27-2018, 01:20 PM
You are a sad person.

Not sure why you would say that? I think it's the financially conservative and prudent thing to do. Having multiple streams of income is wise, I think.

Again, why is conservative/sound investing considered the actions of a "sad" person?

Gordie H
07-27-2018, 01:40 PM

.....Boooring

Iím going to Vegas! Yo Eleven!!

Just kidding - youíre a good man. Itís a good idea, I may do the same...some, not all ;)

jtrain609
07-27-2018, 02:22 PM
.....Boooring

Iím going to Vegas! Yo Eleven!!

Just kidding - youíre a good man. Itís a good idea, I may do the same...some, not all ;)

Glad I wasn't the only one considering putting it on the field and hoping for boxcars.

queue
07-30-2018, 11:33 PM

ALPA dues.

This communique is for entertainment purposes only. It does not implicitly or explicitly acknowledge employment with any air carrier nor is any relationship implied. This communique does not represent the opinions or policies of ALPA or JB ALPA and does not represent the collective pilot group, ALPA, nor does it imply collective bargaining, advocacy, or workforce actions intended to disrupt operations.

Bozo the pilot
07-31-2018, 07:25 PM
Well let's see, after tax it should be around 3-4k. This represents around 30% of the dues I have paid ALPA so far. This is a - 60% ROI on that money.

Maybe I will hire a CPA and see if I can claim that as a loss on my taxes in some way.
You could stock up on the librium. Just a thought. ;)

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1