Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Incoming supplemental system bid?

seekingblue
07-29-2018, 06:29 AM
Question for those smarter than me:

Reading the contract, it looks like there is a provision for a supplemental system bid with no restrictions on specific dates (24.C) page 121.

Since the company has made no secret of their wishes to close the JFK 190 base and open a FLL 190 base, can we expect a system bid coming in the next few months? Seems to me the company would want to rebalance staffing since they now have a mechanism to do so.

Thoughts?

RiddleEagle18
07-29-2018, 06:47 AM

Reading the contract, it looks like there is a provision for a supplemental system bid with no restrictions on specific dates (24.C) page 121.

Since the company has made no secret of their wishes to close the JFK 190 base and open a FLL 190 base, can we expect a system bid coming in the next few months? Seems to me the company would want to rebalance staffing since they now have a mechanism to do so.

Thoughts?

Displacement language isn’t available to the company until Jan 2020.

Unless due to fleet reduction. Just closing and opening a base wouldn’t count as fleet reduction.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontsurf
07-29-2018, 06:55 AM
Displacement language isn’t available to the company until Jan 2020.

more specifically, it can't happen until they get the rest of the contract implemented. it could be before dec 31, 2019, if they get the other stuff done. how motivated are they to get that stuff done? we don't know.

RiddleEagle18
07-29-2018, 07:02 AM
more specifically, it can't happen until they get the rest of the contract implemented. it could be before dec 31, 2019, if they get the other stuff done. how motivated are they to get that stuff done? we don't know.

I don’t see that in the LOA.

It simply says

“24.P No displacement prior to January 1, 2020

Exception : If due to fleet reduction, the Company may displace with a bid effective date of June 2019.”

I don’t see it tied to the implementation of any other section.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dontsurf
07-29-2018, 12:34 PM
oh I see what you are saying. yes, you are right. I was just thinking of the overall implementation time table. I forgot displacement had a date fixed on it.

dontsurf
07-29-2018, 12:52 PM
a supplemental bid (that doesn't displace anyone) could come out at any time, right?

Bluedriver
07-29-2018, 04:32 PM
a supplemental bid (that doesn't displace anyone) could come out at any time, right?

That's correct at every other airline. At JB it can only come out 6 months too late for adequate staffing.

😁

Bozo the pilot
07-29-2018, 05:57 PM
That's correct at every other airline. At JB it can only come out 6 months too late for adequate staffing.

😁

On the money. Theyll put it off until the grids are minus numbers in February. :eek:

BunkerF16
07-29-2018, 06:01 PM
On the money. Theyll put it off until the grids are minus numbers in February. :eek:

Then cancel Summer vacations due to operational necessity. Fly it and grieve it beotches.....

aldonite7667
07-29-2018, 06:10 PM
Then cancel Summer vacations due to operational necessity. Fly it and grieve it beotches.....

More like sick it and tan it.

Bozo the pilot
07-29-2018, 06:10 PM

Well that would be revolution. But I do expect some crazy actions from this management "team".
Couldnt they have done this already? Im surprised they never have.

Cirrusly
07-29-2018, 06:34 PM
So a 190 base in jfk could be going away soon?

Bozo the pilot
07-29-2018, 06:46 PM

Itll take a while if it happens, but with the 220 comin, its in the mail.

hilltopflyer
07-29-2018, 06:49 PM

Not before 1/20

Bluedriver
07-30-2018, 05:46 AM
More like sick it and tan it.

I will NEVER fly a cancelled vacation. They better think long and hard before they pull that trigger.

hilltopflyer
07-30-2018, 06:18 AM
I will NEVER fly a cancelled vacation. They better think long and hard before they pull that trigger.

No way they would try that.

Bluedriver
07-30-2018, 06:33 AM
No way they would try that.

Said many Frontier pilots before this summer....

But you were probably being sarcastic, I hope.

Bozo the pilot
07-30-2018, 06:45 AM
Said many Frontier pilots before this summer....

But you were probably being sarcastic, I hope.

Guys would still be breakin their a$$es to be on time and not flying SOP.
Its why the TA took so long.

Bluedriver
07-30-2018, 06:51 AM
Guys would still be breakin their a$$es to be on time and not flying SOP.
Its why the TA took so long.

Hey look, you and I are back to agreeing again. Wierd.

Bozo the pilot
07-30-2018, 06:56 AM
Hey look, you and I are back to agreeing again. Wierd.

Oh absolutely. But we weren't in disagreement about management.
Ill take the contract, because its the only "protection" from these fools, but now back to SOP and pointing out the obvious.
Lets see what kind of clown show the 220 roll out will be. :D

Bluedriver
07-30-2018, 07:00 AM
Oh absolutely. But we weren't in disagreement about management.
Ill take the contract, because its the only "protection" from these fools, but now back to SOP and pointing out the obvious.
Lets see what kind of clown show the 220 roll out will be. :D

Well, 9 deliveries in the next 4 years, they MIGHT be able to handle that. It's the following 2 years that are gonna be a clown-show I think...

Softpayman
08-01-2018, 03:36 AM

Since the company has made no secret of their wishes to close the JFK 190 base and open a FLL 190 base,

Thoughts?

The could have closed it at any point during the past 10 years. Their wish has been to shrink it, which they’ve done.

seekingblue
08-01-2018, 03:48 AM
The could have closed it at any point during the past 10 years. Their wish has been to shrink it, which they’ve done.

The chiefs said they couldn’t close any bases Because we never had actual displacement language.

Otherwise the JFK 190 base would have disappeared and the FLL 190 base would be up and running.

Bluedriver
08-01-2018, 07:03 AM
The chiefs said they couldn’t close any bases Because we never had actual displacement language.

Otherwise the JFK 190 base would have disappeared and the FLL 190 base would be up and running.

They could have still stopped offering any NYC vacancies and stopped backfilling. They could have shrunk it out of existence gradually but didn't.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1