Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Day trip bag recommendation

NightOwl
07-29-2018, 03:51 PM
Just wondering what kind of bags do you guys use/ recommend when flying day trips ?

I don't plan on bringing food with me so I don't need a bag with a cooler.

Thanks

EMBFlyer
07-29-2018, 04:18 PM
On the rare occasions I can pick up turns, I take my regular suitcase along with my flight bag. NEVER tempt the travel gods!

flensr
07-30-2018, 11:40 AM
Ditto. Even on a day trip out and back I pack for at least 2 days on the road using my normal kit.

shreddykreuger
07-30-2018, 12:14 PM
https://contrailbags.com

I use the 420, itís on sale now. Itís pretty large but slims up nicely when you take out the computer padding. Comes with a strap for easier carrying on day turns. Plenty of other bag options if you want something smaller. I believe they offer a discount to most airlines as the bags list prices are pretty high. Iíve had mine for over a year and it still looks brand new. Should last for a long time

at6d
07-31-2018, 12:15 AM
Whatís a ďday trip?Ē