Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

29singlespeed
07-29-2018, 04:58 PM
Is the ATP written needed to be complete before interview or before start date if hired? Submitted my application but no ATP written yet.. working on it ASAP.

Bike Handles
07-29-2018, 05:30 PM
Is the ATP written needed to be complete before interview or before start date if hired? Submitted my application but no ATP written yet.. working on it ASAP.

The company should send you to CTP to get the written done prior to starting training.

29singlespeed
07-29-2018, 05:35 PM
The company should send you to CTP to get the written done prior to starting training.

In hiring requirements it states:

"Current ATP written (company covers cost of ATP-CTP for successful candidates)"

so this reads to me written required then they send you to ATP training for the check ride?

metalfeather
07-29-2018, 06:42 PM

"Current ATP written (company covers cost of ATP-CTP for successful candidates)"

so this reads to me written required then they send you to ATP training for the check ride?

Contact the recruiters to confirm that.

I didn't have a current ATP written exam, and I didn't receive a CJO after my interview. No TBNT email yet, so there's still a chance...

yrbroom
07-29-2018, 06:43 PM

You can't even take the written without the ATP CTP course completed, which they pay for.

29singlespeed
07-29-2018, 06:51 PM
You can't even take the written without the ATP CTP course completed, which they pay for.

oh.. how things have changed, yup been a commercial pilot since 90's so catching up on all the nuisances. I was ready to get sheppard air and study up for the written.

Stan Dingbye
07-29-2018, 07:00 PM
oh.. how things have changed, yup been a commercial pilot since 90's so catching up on all the nuisances. I was ready to get sheppard air and study up for the written.

If you get CJO, they send you to ATP-CTP as others have said. ATP flight school will send you a link for Sheppard Air so you donít have to pay for it.

29singlespeed
07-29-2018, 07:05 PM
If you get CJO, they send you to ATP-CTP as others have said. ATP flight school will send you a link for Sheppard Air so you donít have to pay for it.

got it. thanks. They send you to ATP ?

Broing
07-29-2018, 11:47 PM
got it. thanks. They send you to ATP ?
Yep you go to Dallas for the ATP-CTP course provided by ATP Flight school. Itís 8 days. The course and hotel is paid for by Compass, however, you are not paid for your time there.

4 days of death by PowerPoint, then 3 days of sims. A few hours in a Crj 200 FTD, then more time in a level d A320 or B737 depending on whatís available (the most fun of the whole course). The hotel we were at has ďfoodĒ every night along with 2 drinks for the airline folk. Keeps you sane while studying shep every single night after being forced to stay awake through the PowerPoints.

You take the written on the 8th day then fly to MSP for orientation then back home for two weeks of home study.

friend
07-30-2018, 09:31 PM
Do u get a choice to take the 135 atp or 121 atp. I imagine the 121 it would be. Can u study during class

blackdenton
07-30-2018, 09:45 PM
Do u get a choice to take the 135 atp or 121 atp. I imagine the 121 it would be. Can u study during class

Test is now ATM, 121 vs. 135 don't exist anymore AFAIK. It's much easier as most of the performance and flight planning questions are on the dispatcher test so I don't remember having to do much calculating while taking it.

JamesNoBrakes
07-31-2018, 05:03 AM

You get an ATP certificate eventually, there is no such thing as a "135" or "121" ATP.

Broing
08-01-2018, 03:40 PM
It depends who's teaching your class. The guy teaching our class just read verbatim off the slides and looked at us once an hour to make sure we were awake.

A friend of mine's class was told explicitly on the first day by their instructor no electronic devices whatsoever.

You will pass the test if you study every night, but if you study before going to Dallas and then just refresh every night you'll have more time to hang out and explore.

Bike Handles
08-01-2018, 03:50 PM

Pretty much the whole class studied during class, kind of on the down low. As long as you somewhat pay attention they didn't care. I'd recommend studying as much as you can before you show up to give you time to relax and not cram as much within the one week time frame.

friend
08-02-2018, 10:40 PM
How can u get the Sheppard questions early to study
Thanks

Taco280AI
08-03-2018, 05:41 AM
Buy their program

PDPilot
08-03-2018, 06:17 AM
Thanks

They provided Sheppard Air a few weeks before class started.

If you do Sheppard according to their instructions, you will see each question at least three times.

There are approximately 1500 questions in the data base. So to do the program, you will see approximately 4500 questions. At 15 seconds per question, thats approximately 19 hours of review.

Just giving as an idea of how much time will be needed to study. As stated earlier, if you get most of it done before going to class, you will only have to review during the week and you wont have to study during class. (My class was told not to study during class.)

Broing
08-03-2018, 04:05 PM
Thanks

After you interview and get the CJO just let the interviewer know your intentions to start studying.

My interviewer said I'd get an email with a code, however, what ended up happening is I just got an email showing my enrollment in the ATP-CTP course from ATP. You call Sheppard air and just say you're an ATP student and they check their list to confirm and give you an email with code to start studying.

From interview to your ATP-CTP class date you should have plenty of time to study. No real need to spend the 80 bucks and start studying before your interview and class date in my opinion.

Broing
08-03-2018, 04:06 PM
Thanks

After you interview and get the CJO just let the interviewer know your intentions to start studying.

My interviewer said I'd get an email with a code, however, what ended up happening is I just got an email showing my enrollment in the ATP-CTP course from ATP. You call Sheppard air and just say you're an ATP student and they check their list to confirm and give you an email with code to start studying.

From interview to your ATP-CTP class date you should have plenty of time to study. No real need to spend the 80 bucks and start studying before your interview and class date in my opinion.

Broing
08-03-2018, 04:08 PM
Thanks

Broing
08-03-2018, 04:25 PM
Thanks

Broing
08-03-2018, 07:27 PM
Thanks

Broing
08-04-2018, 12:06 AM
Thanks

Broing
08-04-2018, 12:10 PM
Thanks

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1