Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Floobs
07-31-2018, 06:41 AM
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/alaska-airlines-bumps-gay-couple-from-premium-seats.html

Allegedly this happened. I'm sure there is more to the story but these days it's all about optics so I'm sure Alaska will admit fault no matter what.

Ray Red
07-31-2018, 08:02 AM
Yawn. I wonder what the whole story is? Non-revs again?

dawgdriver
07-31-2018, 08:17 AM
Yawn x 2....

TeamSasquatch
07-31-2018, 09:07 AM
I like the SkyWest 175 in the Photo though...

MarkThyme
07-31-2018, 11:11 AM
https://www.travelpulse.com/news/airlines/alaska-airlines-bumps-gay-couple-from-premium-seats.html

Allegedly this happened. I'm sure there is more to the story but these days it's all about optics so I'm sure Alaska will admit fault no matter what.

You're probably right about that, but I would find it very difficult to believe that an airline that has this page (https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-airlines/alaskacares/proud-pride-month/) and especially this page (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/gay-travel) on their web site would be intentionally doing any such thing as is alleged there. It's just another case of people who are inclined to being overly dramatic using this opportunity to claim their 15 minutes of fame.

rickair7777
07-31-2018, 11:18 AM
You're probably right about that, but I would find it very difficult to believe that an airline that has this page (https://blog.alaskaair.com/alaska-airlines/alaskacares/proud-pride-month/) and especially this page (https://www.alaskaair.com/content/gay-travel) on their web site would be intentionally doing any such thing as is alleged there. It's just another case of people who are inclined to being overly dramatic using this opportunity to claim their 15 minutes of fame.

Yeah, AS has been pretty forward leaning in welcoming/supporting LGBT. My guess is that the party in question simply had a lower priority for the premium cabin than the married couple.

GogglesPisano
07-31-2018, 12:46 PM
Now it's "Flying While Gay."

Packrat
07-31-2018, 01:03 PM
Yeah, AS has been pretty forward leaning in welcoming/supporting LGBT.

Got that right. In fact, they got into a tussle with Delta a couple years ago over who would sponsor the SEA Gay Pride parade.

LGBT discrimination? Not organizationally at AS.

WHACKMASTER
07-31-2018, 05:20 PM
There is no way that I知 retiring in this country. F+%k that. Society has gone in the sh!tter and these pansy, PC, spineless airlines are just catering to it.

NotTellin
07-31-2018, 06:35 PM
There is no way that I知 retiring in this country. F+%k that. Society has gone in the sh!tter and these pansy, PC, spineless airlines are just catering to it.

This can稚 happen fast enough. To be clear I知 talking about YOU retiring!

Max Thrust
07-31-2018, 08:13 PM

Good riddance

m3113n1a1
07-31-2018, 09:04 PM

Where ya gonna go?

busdriver12
07-31-2018, 09:09 PM
Where ya gonna go?

Maybe where men are men and sheep run scared?:eek:

Ray Red
07-31-2018, 09:55 PM
Got that right. In fact, they got into a tussle with Delta a couple years ago over who would sponsor the SEA Gay Pride parade.

LGBT discrimination? Not organizationally at AS.

I think the tussle was that Delta paid to sponsor the parade and said that no other airline apparel was to be worn in the parade they paid for.

svergin
08-01-2018, 05:24 AM
Yeah, AS has been pretty forward leaning in welcoming/supporting LGBT. My guess is that the party in question simply had a lower priority for the premium cabin than the married couple.

Openly supporting LGBT has become more than PC. Its now required to make public statements of support, or risk being harmed economically. All the airlines are doing it. Its just more virtue signaling. Its also the new 途ace card. Anything bad in life happens to a member of LGBT and they cry foul and blame their status, which is something most of them wear on their sleeve.

2StgTurbine
08-01-2018, 06:16 AM
It looks like a guerrilla marketing campaign for Delta ;)

rickair7777
08-01-2018, 06:22 AM
Openly supporting LGBT has become more than PC. Its now required to make public statements of support, or risk being harmed economically. All the airlines are doing it. Its just more virtue signaling. Its also the new 途ace card. Anything bad in life happens to a member of LGBT and they cry foul and blame their status, which is something most of them wear on their sleeve.

I found it amusing that they think some good 'ol boys down in 'Bama are more tolerant and accepting of their lifestyle than folks in SEA.

full of luv
08-01-2018, 06:55 AM

I think that certain businesses know that gay couples have cash, spend it freely on luxuries, and rarely have kids to suck it up.....

av8or
08-01-2018, 07:46 AM
I found it amusing that they think some good 'ol boys down in 'Bama are more tolerant and accepting of their lifestyle than folks in SEA.

FTR.... Delta is based in Georgia. Atlanta Georgia. San Fran of the South.

rickair7777
08-01-2018, 08:14 AM
FTR.... Delta is based in Georgia. Atlanta Georgia. San Fran of the South.

Yes that's true. But still.

A330FoodCritic
08-03-2018, 06:32 AM
Maybe where men are men and sheep run scared?:eek:

roflmao.................

757Driver
08-07-2018, 02:49 PM
Found this in the comment section of an LA Times article. Sounds like way more to the story than previously published.

As a PS, doesn’t surprise me in the least as it’s so gauche to finger point when you get your hand caught in the cookie jar.

LGBT leader says Alaska Airlines apology over treatment of gay couple ?doesn?t cut the mustard,? calls for a boycott (http://www.latimes.com/business/la-fi-travel-briefcase-alaska-boycott-20180803-story.html)

Sadly Mr. Cooley’s half truths have caught up with him. What he never explained was that Mr. Cooley got himself upgraded to a Premium Plus coach seat while his “partner” did not. Not wanting to play by the rules, Mr. Cooley’s partner took it upon himself to upgrade himself as well, sitting in a seat that was never his. When the rightful owner of the seat showed, Cooley cried foul shamefully blaming it on his sexuality instead of the real reason, his partner had stole something that was never his.

Cooley’s reprehensible actions following the discovery of the theft are far worse than the imaginary people he’s calling out and the LGBTQ community would be better served boycotting his West Hollywood establishment.

Shame on you Mr Cooley. Alaska Airlines should have exposed you for what you and your partner really are, cheap, publicity seeking thief’s. Of course this will never come to light as it’s way more fun to libel someone than to fess up for your own shortcomings.

As a PS, perhaps Mr. Cooley can provide the ticket stock showing that his partner was indeed upgraded into the seat next to him? What about it Mr. C?