Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Interview

Cowboy1733
08-02-2018, 06:04 PM
Anyone on here going to the interview on 9/12?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

INVERTED
08-02-2018, 07:09 PM
The last email I received last week said to expect another email about selecting an interview date in September. I havenít gotten anything yet.

When did you select your interview date?

Expat007
08-03-2018, 05:23 AM
When did you guys did the video screening and how was it? Just got the notification, thanks

SpeedV2
08-03-2018, 01:30 PM
When did you guys did the video screening and how was it? Just got the notification, thanks

Video screening is super easy do at your own pace. Did the video interview Jun 7th and now have the 9/12 face to face. Just be patient this is not a short process. Almost a month from video interview to schedule for face to face email.

INVERTED
08-03-2018, 03:00 PM
I did the video interview back near the beginning of June. It took a month to the day before I heard back to continue the process.

Cowboy1733
08-03-2018, 06:04 PM
Did the video interview in April. Got a request for more info a couple of weeks after. About a week later I got the invite to interview in September and expect an email for details to come. It came about a month and half later. So it seems like all this stuff takes a little while to develop. Excited to interview. Been applying for a long time.

BuckeyeFO
08-05-2018, 09:53 AM
I did the video interview back near the beginning of June. It took a month to the day before I heard back to continue the process.

same people who do catering also run the interview process

jetzzz
08-14-2018, 09:26 AM
What can I expect on Computer Assessment interview??

Is math problem any hard at all? any update on the interview would be much appreciate it.

thanks all

TravisJohn
08-14-2018, 11:27 AM
Could you guys share What kind of times you all have and if you have any internal recs when you received the invite. It would be much appreciated. Iíve been applying for a couple years now and never heard a single word.

Thanks

SpeedV2
08-15-2018, 06:30 AM
7700 total, 2000 TPIC, no internals, applied once, only failure ever was CFI. 4 type ratings. Oh and white guy hope this gives you a baseline.

TravisJohn
08-15-2018, 08:37 AM
Nice. Congrats and good luck

CFDJC4
08-15-2018, 09:33 PM
What can I expect on Computer Assessment interview??

Is math problem any hard at all? any update on the interview would be much appreciate it.

thanks all

You can prepare by subscribing to Lumosity app. It will be frustrating but itís ok. Just do your best. Good luck!

PC12
08-16-2018, 01:35 PM
Has anyone heard back from the round of video interview invites that went out within the last few weeks?

Fleet Warp
08-16-2018, 05:47 PM
Has anyone heard back from the round of video interview invites that went out within the last few weeks?

no but posting about it on two threads in the same forum gives you twice the chance of getting an answer. Am I right?:rolleyes:

jetzzz
08-16-2018, 08:04 PM

When did you do yours?

PC12
08-17-2018, 10:48 AM
When did you do yours?

Submitted it early August.

Expat007
08-21-2018, 12:48 PM

Submitted my video on 8/15, got a email the following day requiring more information. I reply on 8/20 and 8/21 got the email saying congrats you passed the video portion, now waiting for the interview date.

PC12
08-21-2018, 01:52 PM
Submitted my video on 8/15, got a email the following day requiring more information. I reply on 8/20 and 8/21 got the email saying congrats you passed the video portion, now waiting for the interview date.

Nice! Is there anyone else that's heard nothing post video submission? Getting a bit anxious...

SpaceManX
08-21-2018, 06:32 PM
How does JetBlue notify a candidate for a video screening interview? Email?

jetgirl1313
08-29-2018, 04:05 AM
Anyone on here going to the interview on 9/12?

Iím also interviewing on the 12th. Video submission early June, waited about a month, then got the interview date.

9000tt, 3 internal Recs, been applying for 7 years just waiting for a shot.

Expat007
08-29-2018, 04:34 AM
Iím also interviewing on the 12th. Video submission early June, waited about a month, then got the interview date.

9000tt, 3 internal Recs, been applying for 7 years just waiting for a shot.

Congrats,
Was the 12 the only day available? Or was there more options. I am waiting on the date, I work overseas and would like to have an idea. Thank you

Papa Bear
08-29-2018, 11:37 AM
Why bother...this place is a joke.

Bluedriver
08-29-2018, 02:00 PM
Why bother...this place is a joke.

WHAT?!? We now have an amazing contract, our pairings are getting so much better, we are hiring like CRAZY (can you say HOLY seniority boost Batman), on-time performance program is #winning and we just blocked all those Skywest RJs that were half painted at the JB paint shop!

I don't know how United and Delta are going to keep their new hires from coming here. We're going to need to devise a lottery system to give everyone a fair chance.

pilotpayne
08-29-2018, 03:08 PM
WHAT?!? We now have an amazing contract, our pairings are getting so much better, we are hiring like CRAZY (can you say HOLY seniority boost Batman), on-time performance program is #winning and we just blocked all those Skywest RJs that were half painted at the JB paint shop!

I don't know how United and Delta are going to keep their new hires from coming here. We're going to need to devise a lottery system to give everyone a fair chance.

Having a rough week Blue? Between here and BP it seems your slightly annoyed:)

But for the record from what I understand the quality and number of applications has gone up considerably since we got that contract that you are mocking.

Yeah gosh that first year pay now is such a joke.

While not perfect you guys will ***** at just about everything.

Itís an interview thread.

Bluedriver
08-29-2018, 06:30 PM
Having a rough week Blue? Between here and BP it seems your slightly annoyed:)

But for the record from what I understand the quality and number of applications has gone up considerably since we got that contract that you are mocking.

Yeah gosh that first year pay now is such a joke.

While not perfect you guys will ***** at just about everything.

Itís an interview thread.

Serious question, is the application window even open?

😲

pilotpayne
08-29-2018, 07:03 PM

😲

I have no clue but I thought we did away with the window. Anyway from the people I know that screen and do all the apps they have said itís definitely noticeable. Will we win over the big guys nope not until they are finished with the massive retirements.
(If even at that point)

But I would say we are definitely more competitive now would you?

Bluedriver
08-29-2018, 07:40 PM
I have no clue but I thought we did away with the window. Anyway from the people I know that screen and do all the apps they have said itís definitely noticeable. Will we win over the big guys nope not until they are finished with the massive retirements.
(If even at that point)

But I would say we are definitely more competitive now would you?

I've seen guys on here asking when the next window opens and a brief search of JetBlue.com didn't show any first officer openings, so I'm not ready to say the more/better applications isn't a myth.

But I expect we should get more and better apps, we went from WAY behind to just not as far behind, so yeah, we should be more attractive than before.

Or, we were the girl at the bar that was 60 lb overweight with bad acne, now the acting is cleared up partially and we're only 30 lb overweight...

pilotpayne
08-29-2018, 08:47 PM
I've seen guys on here asking when the next window opens and a brief search of JetBlue.com didn't show any first officer openings, so I'm not ready to say the more/better applications isn't a myth.

But I expect we should get more and better apps, we went from WAY behind to just not as far behind, so yeah, we should be more attractive than before.

Or, we were the girl at the bar that was 60 lb overweight with bad acne, now the acting is cleared up partially and we're only 30 lb overweight...

Isnít a myth. Respectfully go with what you want but they have no reason to lie to me. They were pretty honest they we were definitely having recruiting problems before and issues with quality applications. Iím just telling you what I was told. I know you know I try to not spread unqualified rumors.

Some like them plump ;)

Bluedriver
08-29-2018, 08:56 PM
Isnít a myth. Respectfully go with what you want but they have no reason to lie to me. They were pretty honest they we were definitely having recruiting problems before and issues with quality applications. Iím just telling you what I was told. I know you know I try to not spread unqualified rumors.

Some like them plump ;)

Some do indeed...

Southerner
08-29-2018, 09:01 PM

Some like them plump ;)

The window was open for a little while in July, according to a friend who applied (again). That window may have gone into August, but I don't know.

afterburn81
08-30-2018, 08:28 AM
Spoke to 2 different recruiters a few weeks ago and they said the window hadnít been open since the contract had been ratified. They did however see a lot more interest at OBAP since the last event. They anticipate an increase in applications once the window opens again. Oddly none knew of when that window would open again. One said he felt it would open in September. Who knows.

hilltopflyer
08-30-2018, 08:48 AM
Spoke to 2 different recruiters a few weeks ago and they said the window hadnít been open since the contract had been ratified. They did however see a lot more interest at OBAP since the last event. They anticipate an increase in applications once the window opens again. Oddly none knew of when that window would open again. One said he felt it would open in September. Who knows.

Most of the things requiring an uptick of pilots arenít ratified till Jan Ď20

Lifefliesby
08-30-2018, 11:42 AM
I received an invitation last week to submit the video interview- out of the blue. Applied almost a year ago.

hc0fitted
09-01-2018, 05:59 AM
I did the video interview earlier this week and I received an email yesterday, asking for additional information to set up the face to face interview. Anyone in the same boat ?

PC12
09-01-2018, 06:40 AM
I did the video interview earlier this week and I received an email yesterday, asking for additional information to set up the face to face interview. Anyone in the same boat ?

I think there are quite a few of us in this similar situation.

CafeConLeche
09-04-2018, 12:48 PM
so i got the email that I was selected for the hiring process and just was curious if they are going to send another email with a link for the actual video screening.

CafeConLeche
09-04-2018, 01:47 PM
Once you receive the email that you are beginning the selection process will you receive another email with a link for the Video screening?

jetgirl1313
09-10-2018, 12:18 PM
Congrats,
Was the 12 the only day available? Or was there more options. I am waiting on the date, I work overseas and would like to have an idea. Thank you

Sorry I just saw this. When I submitted, it was my only option but I have read there are oct 10 and 24th dates available. They are super helpful, so if it comes to it, Iíd email them and ask about planning if you need to know further out.

Expat007
09-10-2018, 11:16 PM
Sorry I just saw this. When I submitted, it was my only option but I have read there are oct 10 and 24th dates available. They are super helpful, so if it comes to it, Iíd email them and ask about planning if you need to know further out.
Hello,
I have the option for October 10 and 24, I email them a week ago trying to see if they can reschedule me for December or January. October and November are in the middle of my rotation. The email says to call or email if unable to attend, but there is no phone number listed.

DJIA
09-13-2018, 04:23 PM
Submitted my video over labor day weekend and just received my supporting documents email today.

hueycc1
09-14-2018, 01:45 PM
I got my Flight History Addendum yesterday. I got an Unsat on a checkride five yrs ago, so they want more information about it. After discussing it on both the application and the video interview, I honestly don't know how much more I have to say that hasn't already been discussed. I called the training records office at my regional to see if there's any sort of document I can present, and there isn't. What more do I need to do?

Expat007
09-14-2018, 02:07 PM
I got my Flight History Addendum yesterday. I got an Unsat on a checkride five yrs ago, so they want more information about it. After discussing it on both the application and the video interview, I honestly don't know how much more I have to say that hasn't already been discussed. I called the training records office at my regional to see if there's any sort of document I can present, and there isn't. What more do I need to do?

Donít worry, I had the same situation like you. I think they just want you to write down your explanation. After I submitted the addendum, they offer me and interview date a couple of days later. Just relax you have nothing to hide, good luck.

hilltopflyer
09-14-2018, 03:11 PM
Donít worry, I had the same situation like you. I think they just want you to write down your explanation. After I submitted the addendum, they offer me and interview date a couple of days later. Just relax you have nothing to hide, good luck.

Yep just write it down is all they need.

TorukMacto
09-14-2018, 03:16 PM
Write it and be prepared to talk about it during the interview. Just stay consistent. No new information is needed or expected.

korg128
09-21-2018, 04:38 PM
can anyone please give me some info about the video interview? what should i wear in it? shirt and tie? what type of questons? anything i should really know before hand?
thanks all...
yes i did receive the interview email.

PC12
09-22-2018, 10:06 AM
Hey guys is there anyone else still waiting for the email with actual interview dates? Just passed three weeks waiting from the initial inperson interview invite.

PackPilot
09-23-2018, 07:33 PM
Hey guys is there anyone else still waiting for the email with actual interview dates? Just passed three weeks waiting from the initial inperson interview invite.

Yes I sent in my updated resume and flight job history this past week to get the date, and received the interview invite a week ago, but still donít have a date yet. You got an invite three weeks ago but still donít have an interview date yet? When did you send you flight job history form and updated resume in?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

hc0fitted
09-24-2018, 09:13 AM
Yes I sent in my updated resume and flight job history this past week to get the date, and received the interview invite a week ago, but still donít have a date yet. You got an invite three weeks ago but still donít have an interview date yet? When did you send you flight job history form and updated resume in?

After you sent that flight job history paper work in; you should have received a link to schedule your own interview.

PC12
09-24-2018, 09:24 AM

Yeah, Iím not sure what to do in this case. I sent the updated resume and work history form in almost 4 weeks ago.

PackPilot
09-24-2018, 09:53 AM
After you sent that flight job history paper work in; you should have received a link to schedule your own interview.

Hmmm. I sent it once, didnít hear anything back, then sent it again two days later, thinking maybe they missed it. Still havenít heard anything.

hc0fitted
09-24-2018, 11:50 AM
Hmmm. I sent it once, didnít hear anything back, then sent it again two days later, thinking maybe they missed it. Still havenít heard anything.

Maybe the third time is the charm !

CafeConLeche
10-01-2018, 08:28 PM
any chance some of you who have recently had your interviews would post about the process. Maybe post some of the questions asked. thanks in advance!

SideFlare
10-02-2018, 12:24 AM
any chance some of you who have recently had your interviews would post about the process. Maybe post some of the questions asked. thanks in advance!

Dude, itís all TMAAT questions... Donít be a weirdo and youíre in. Know the values and express a desire to live in Boston or NYC. If youíve made it to the face to face youíre essentially hired. Golden...

korg128
10-02-2018, 07:01 AM
Submitter video interview almost a week plus ago but no word yet. Is no news good news?

CafeConLeche
10-02-2018, 10:52 AM
Dude, itís all TMAAT questions... Donít be a weirdo and youíre in. Know the values and express a desire to live in Boston or NYC. If youíve made it to the face to face youíre essentially hired. Golden...
LMFAO dont be a weirdo. Got it. Best advice ive got so far. I feel this is the case with most interviews just be yourself and if youre not a complete ass your hired. thanks.

Bluedriver
10-03-2018, 04:24 AM
Submitter video interview almost a week plus ago but no word yet. Is no news good news?

Did you LISTEN to the investor day presentation?!? Yes, no call from JB is definitely good news.

hilltopflyer
10-03-2018, 05:38 AM
Did you LISTEN to the investor day presentation?!? Yes, no call from JB is definitely good news.

Haha. Itís funny how most of the news outlets are like itís for sure jetblue is for sale now. Giggity shouldnít be so open about that if she wants to pop her golden parachute.

benzoate
10-03-2018, 11:53 AM
Haha. Itís funny how most of the news outlets are like itís for sure jetblue is for sale now. Giggity shouldnít be so open about that if she wants to pop her golden parachute.

No major carrier would keep someone like her after a transaction. Unqualified in nearly every prerequisite to be in her position. Her golden parachute is solely dependent on a merger. Short of that she will simply be paid to go away like Barber and the like.

queue
10-04-2018, 10:13 PM
No major carrier would keep someone like her after a transaction. Unqualified in nearly every prerequisite to be in her position. Her golden parachute is solely dependent on a merger. Short of that she will simply be paid to go away like Barber and the like.

Notice how her ONLY strategy is stripping down the business? We need guys that dream of reusable, self landing rockets and getting to Mars, not useless executives and MBAs. I'm so glad we promote our best and brightest.

jetgirl1313
10-07-2018, 04:29 AM

😲

The window is open now. Opened on oct 1st :)