Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Junior Manning

bscott58d
08-03-2018, 10:56 AM
Tried asking as part of another thread but to no avail. Can an AWA pilot chime in on how junior manning works there (frequency, pay, etc)

Thanks

pitchtrim
08-03-2018, 11:15 AM
Lately it's been horrible though seems to be subsiding. You get 10 a year, can deny them if you have something legit going on (experiences may vary), and it pays 200%.

injun21
08-03-2018, 10:49 PM
Tried asking as part of another thread but to no avail. Can an AWA pilot chime in on how junior manning works there (frequency, pay, etc)

Thanks

As a MKE lineholder, Iíve never been JMed. Reserve guys get it more often.

bscott58d
08-04-2018, 06:46 AM
As a MKE lineholder, Iíve never been JMed. Reserve guys get it more often.

Thanks. Looking at CAE and debating pros/ cons as I have a CJO from Republic.

injun21
08-04-2018, 09:05 PM
Thanks. Looking at CAE and debating pros/ cons as I have a CJO from Republic.

Congrats on you CJO. I would interview at a few places before you make up your mind. Go where you feel comfortable. Try to live in base.

lukeh99
08-06-2018, 04:44 PM
Havenít been junior manned many months here. It has gotten better at least on the FO side of things.

squib
08-07-2018, 11:12 PM
Havenít been junior manned many months here. It has gotten better at least on the FO side of things.

That's because you are a relatively senior FO with 150 below you on a group of 530ish pilots of which 300 should be captains. You should never be junior manned if staffed appropriately.

lukeh99
08-08-2018, 05:07 AM
That's because you are a relatively senior FO with 150 below you on a group of 530ish pilots of which 300 should be captains.

And all that after a year. Not bad.

squib
08-13-2018, 10:02 PM
And all that after a year. Not bad.

Congratulations on moving up a bit. The same thing happened years ago and continuously happens. But the reality is the most junior line holder captain in ORD is 11-12 years and the most junior in IAD is upwards of 15 so unless you live in MKE or CAE, enjoy the two leg commute to reserve.

Like I've said before you continue to spew out some form of happiness for this place, and maybe you are happy, but the reality to others is quite different.

ZenoAir
08-14-2018, 03:04 AM
Dude!!! Go to Republic....have you not read the last year of these boards? This place reminds me of Enron!

Grumbletrousers
08-14-2018, 05:13 AM
Dude!!! Go to Republic....have you not read the last year of these boards? This place reminds me of Enron!

Lol Enron? Amuse me and tell me how.

WICheeseHead
08-14-2018, 05:47 AM
Congratulations on moving up a bit. The same thing happened years ago and continuously happens. But the reality is the most junior line holder captain in ORD is 11-12 years and the most junior in IAD is upwards of 15 so unless you live in MKE or CAE, enjoy the two leg commute to reserve.

Like I've said before you continue to spew out some form of happiness for this place, and maybe you are happy, but the reality to others is quite different.

Yikes! Is it really now over a decade to be a line holder Captain in Chicago? Geez, that is terrible.

injun21
08-15-2018, 10:09 PM
Yikes! Is it really now over a decade to be a line holder Captain in Chicago? Geez, that is terrible.

No. Not very long for lineholder ORD capt. What? Huh?

injun21
08-15-2018, 10:15 PM

If you notice, most other regionals guarantee 11days off a month. AWAC guarantees 12. Iíve never had less than 13. That means, I can pick up two day s of critical time (200%) and get paid for 120 hrs of flying for doing the SAME as what most other regionals offer with the same 11days off at 80 hrs a month. Now, take 9% away for a 401k that they will throw in 8% on. Forget the health ins. Forget it. You do the math. Whatís better?

squib
08-17-2018, 08:26 PM
No. Not very long for lineholder ORD capt. What? Huh?

Youíre either joking or do not know the reality of what is happening. Half the 11 year guys just got displaced from ORD as a lineholder. IAD is worse.

squib
08-17-2018, 08:30 PM
If you notice, most other regionals guarantee 11days off a month. AWAC guarantees 12. Iíve never had less than 13. That means, I can pick up two day s of critical time (200%) and get paid for 120 hrs of flying for doing the SAME as what most other regionals offer with the same 11days off at 80 hrs a month. Now, take 9% away for a 401k that they will throw in 8% on. Forget the health ins. Forget it. You do the math. Whatís better?

Youíre math doesnít add up. Most our lines are below 75 hrs guarantee these days. So if you happen to pick up a 16 hour two day (they donít exist) at CTL pay that still only gets you to 107 hours. To say they ďguarantee 12 days offĒ is also just schedule building. You claim youíve never been junior manned but there also people down to 9 days off because of junior mans so your situation is not the norm.

squib
08-17-2018, 08:33 PM

Yes. 100% true and accurate.

ZenoAir
08-18-2018, 03:03 PM
2 years or less at Envoy and about 7 years to FLOW to AA, but wait we have a ABC program.....NOT to mention a INDUSTRY leading contract with xyz pay raise! And some of the BEST industry leading MGMT in flight and inflight!!!!!Compete to win as Rankin would say!

Name User
08-19-2018, 11:48 AM
2 years or less at Envoy and about 7 years to FLOW to AA, but wait we have a ABC program.....NOT to mention a INDUSTRY leading contract with xyz pay raise! And some of the BEST industry leading MGMT in flight and inflight!!!!!Compete to win as Rankin would say!

Yeah quite frankly I have no idea how AWAC will continue to be staffed and why on earth there are any FOs on property there.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1