Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Envoy RTP

BJgj4700
08-04-2018, 05:23 AM
I about to interview with Envoy as an RTP candidate. Looking for what itís like to be a new FO at Envoy. How long would I spend on RSV? Will I get a choice of base/equipment?

Pedro4President
08-05-2018, 05:34 PM
I about to interview with Envoy as an RTP candidate. Looking for what itís like to be a new FO at Envoy. How long would I spend on RSV? Will I get a choice of base/equipment?

It was the best of times it was the worst of times....I'm sorry bro but it is absolutely impossible to say what its like as a new FO because it will be different for FOs on each aircraft and where you are based. Commuting vs living in base will have a huge difference in QOL. Id ask these questions at the interview. They might actually volunteer the information.

arbatistoni
08-06-2018, 10:32 AM
i was a new hire in feb. im still on reserve but will probably hold a line in sept or oct. However when i went through at least half the class got 145/LGA. now i understand more people are getting the 175 which is currently a little more senior in ord. so maybe longer.

Pedro4President
08-06-2018, 11:05 AM
i was a new hire in feb. im still on reserve but will probably hold a line in sept or oct. However when i went through at least half the class got 145/LGA. now i understand more people are getting the 175 which is currently a little more senior in ord. so maybe longer.

This is accurate but it may not be accurate for very long. I use to be able to predict what the company would likely do in the near and long term but now I'm at a loss. I have no clue what the next few months will look like.

Bigpimppilot
08-20-2018, 03:16 PM
Military grunt I know with 80 hrs of Cessna time and Thousands helo time wants to know if he would qualify for the rtp program. He does have the gi bill still, I think

Whiskey4
08-20-2018, 03:30 PM
Military grunt I know with 80 hrs of Cessna time and Thousands helo time wants to know if he would qualify for the rtp program. He does have the gi bill still, I think

Based on hours...yes. Needs to have 250 fixed-wing PIC by the end of RTP. Is any of the 80 hours logged as PIC? That would help lower the program cost.

Also, needs to have a good attitude and be able to get through the interview screening.

Otterbox
08-20-2018, 04:17 PM

Best bet is to talk to a pilot recruiter for any airlines heís interested in about his specific situation...

Naviator
08-20-2018, 04:21 PM
I was RTP. Coast from June to Sep last year. ATP/CTP in October. INDOC in November. You choose base and equipment day 1 of indoc. You choose from what is offered. Not everything is always available. I finished IOE in Feb. Reserve in March and held a line in April. Transfer to DFW in October and I should hold a line there.

Your results may vary.

germese
08-20-2018, 04:33 PM

Have him find RTAG- Rotary to Airline Group on Facebook. Group of folks specifically helping military rotary wing guys get info on RTP's

pitchattitude
08-20-2018, 06:13 PM
ďGruntĒ usually refers to a ďground pounder,Ē not an ďair pounder.Ē Is his helo time as a military pilot? Likely so, but makes a big difference whether it is military or civilian. Also there are those that think being in the aircraft as a non-pilot is the same as being a pilot. Obviously not.

Bigpimppilot
08-21-2018, 07:36 AM
He was not a pilot in the military. Apparently not much gi left. Been flying civilian medevac in helos for a long time. Heís thinking commutair. Iíll tell him about the fb group

bh539
08-21-2018, 12:48 PM
He was not a pilot in the military. Apparently not much gi left. Been flying civilian medevac in helos for a long time. He’s thinking commutair. I’ll tell him about the fb group

I think one of the requirements for RTP is to be a graduate of a military flight program, correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise you don't qualify for 750 R-ATP

pitchattitude
08-21-2018, 01:16 PM
I think one of the requirements for RTP is to be a graduate of a military flight program, correct me if I'm wrong.

Otherwise you don't qualify for 750 R-ATP
True. You must be a military pilot to qualify for the 750 hour R-ATP. I donít know what the requirements are, but you can still get your fixed wing ratings as add ons. And I donít know that one can qualify for any of the R-ATP programs, but I know of at least a couple of guys that were straight civilian pilots that started out in rotors and had minimal fixed wing time when hired. But they were NOT part of the RTP program.

havick206
08-21-2018, 01:52 PM
True. You must be a military pilot to qualify for the 750 hour R-ATP. I donít know what the requirements are, but you can still get your fixed wing ratings as add ons. And I donít know that one can qualify for any of the R-ATP programs, but I know of at least a couple of guys that were straight civilian pilots that started out in rotors and had minimal fixed wing time when hired. But they were NOT part of the RTP program.

Thereís at least 2 civilian RTP guys that are now online. Though it was a limited run and itís back to military only RTP candidates.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1