Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Best Path to Compass

MettetalAir
08-06-2018, 06:33 AM
Hello. I'm not too far into the game yet. I am thinking about what flight school to go to and then what career path I could like taking. I think my long term goal would be to get into either United or Delta. My original plan was to go to Ameriflight and then UPS, Allegiant or Omniflight (they all have interview programs of sort with Ameriflight).
So I asked people in those forum pages if they think getting into a legacy would be easy from their respective airline and most people said no.

I've also been researching a lot of regionals. Compass would be one of my top picks. Most you guys seem to like the lifestyle, I personally would be fine living at any of the compass bases, and a large portion of compass employees move on to Delta (Careers Pilot Careers (http://www.compassairline.com/careers/pages/pilots.aspx)). So I have some questions about what the best path to get into Compass would be:

1. I've noticed that ATP is a partner school with Compass. Are there any other schools that are partnered with Compass? Would a school partnership help an individual's chances of getting into Compass?

2. In the case that school partnerships don't matter, would it matter what flight school I attend? Are some flight schools favored upon by Compass? (I've personally been leaning towards Epic Flight Academy in in Florida but would pick a different school if I could get better chances to get into Compass).

3. What personal path did most of you take to Compass? (What flight school did you attend? Did you go right to Compass or did you work at another airline before hand?)

Thanks guys.

Motoxer66
08-06-2018, 07:53 AM
Hello. I'm not too far into the game yet. I am thinking about what flight school to go to and then what career path I could like taking. I think my long term goal would be to get into either United or Delta. My original plan was to go to Ameriflight and then UPS, Allegiant or Omniflight (they all have interview programs of sort with Ameriflight).
So I asked people in those forum pages if they think getting into a legacy would be easy from their respective airline and most people said no.

I've also been researching a lot of regionals. Compass would be one of my top picks. Most you guys seem to like the lifestyle, I personally would be fine living at any of the compass bases, and a large portion of compass employees move on to Delta (Careers Pilot Careers (http://www.compassairline.com/careers/pages/pilots.aspx)). So I have some questions about what the best path to get into Compass would be:

1. I've noticed that ATP is a partner school with Compass. Are there any other schools that are partnered with Compass? Would a school partnership help an individual's chances of getting into Compass?

2. In the case that school partnerships don't matter, would it matter what flight school I attend? Are some flight schools favored upon by Compass? (I've personally been leaning towards Epic Flight Academy in in Florida but would pick a different school if I could get better chances to get into Compass).

3. What personal path did most of you take to Compass? (What flight school did you attend? Did you go right to Compass or did you work at another airline before hand?)

Thanks guys.

Feel free to PM me or anyone else who offers it, but I'd be more than happy to chat with you about a career path from zero-hero.

VIRotate
08-06-2018, 10:44 AM
Getting on with a legacy will never be easy. At least for the next couple of years. Even then, I still think it will be difficult.

Slowhawk
08-07-2018, 12:44 PM
You’re about 2-3 years from applying to any regionals, assuming you’re starting your flight training now.

By then, Compass may not exist, or may not be the right place to go. Respectfully, I think you’re getting ahead of yourself. Get your qualifications where they need to be, then once you have 1200 hours, and you’re a CFI, start targeting a regional and researching. Any regional can change in the blink of an eye. Your goal is not to get to X regional, it’s to get to X major, and you should pick whichever regional you think will get you there, but also a place where you wouldn’t mind being stuck. Also realize that getting hired at a major is not guaranteed to ever happen.

I can speak for Epic in New Smyrna and they’re fast. Pretty good training as well. ATP is probably best but can’t speak for them

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1