Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : “Me too”

Puck Hawg
08-10-2018, 09:33 PM
Curious if SKW still has a “me too” clause. I know back in the day, anything the XJT side got, the SKW contractually got as well.

I was riding a SKW jumpseat a few weeks ago, and the captain said “I hope you guys get an awesome contract, because we’ll get the same thing.” It kinda rubbed me the wrong way, as I’ve paid union dues for years, and this Captain was hoping to freeload off of those hard-earned dues while Inc has taken once great companies in LXJT and LASA and driven them into the ground.

Just curious if the “me too” clause was still something you guys were hanging onto.

Utah
08-10-2018, 10:43 PM
No.

There had been something years ago about retirement, but nothing now.

Blackhawk
08-11-2018, 04:29 AM
Curious if SKW still has a “me too” clause. I know back in the day, anything the XJT side got, the SKW contractually got as well.

I was riding a SKW jumpseat a few weeks ago, and the captain said “I hope you guys get an awesome contract, because we’ll get the same thing.” It kinda rubbed me the wrong way, as I’ve paid union dues for years, and this Captain was hoping to freeload off of those hard-earned dues while Inc has taken once great companies in LXJT and LASA and driven them into the ground.

Just curious if the “me too” clause was still something you guys were hanging onto.
Was this while riding an -AS or -EV tail number. :rolleyes:

Mercyful Fate
08-11-2018, 05:54 AM

Maybe it should be your union that is rubbing you the wrong way. Sounds like your anger is not directed correctly.

Melit
08-11-2018, 06:46 AM
I doubt it. XJT is getting -200 ‘s OO is not

Puck Hawg
08-13-2018, 08:37 PM
Maybe it should be your union that is rubbing you the wrong way. Sounds like your anger is not directed correctly.

Nah. Just find it interesting the kool-aid kids are pulling for the Union side to help them out with their own contract that their student council can’t get going.

Check Complete
08-14-2018, 01:36 AM
Yes, we are riding the coat tails of all unions as it’s well known our (cough) own representation, is totally unable to get any thing accomplished on its own.

SkyWest hires a yard service to cut the grass outside the hangar.
They cut the grass.

SkyWest hires a pilot representation group to do as management wants.
They do what management wants.

Pretty simple.

Melit
08-14-2018, 03:44 AM
Yes, we are riding the coat tails of all unions as it’s well known our (cough) own representation, is totally unable to get any thing accomplished on its own.

SkyWest hires a yard service to cut the grass outside the hangar.
They cut the grass.

SkyWest hires a pilot representation group to do as management wants.
They do what management wants.

Pretty simple.
So move on, pretty simple.

amcnd
08-14-2018, 03:49 AM

Bingo!!! So true. Its not going to change. So time for each person to make a change... 20 years ago it didn’t realy matter.. get your time and move on. Last 10 years it mattered, only because of the stagnation... Now. Honestly go to the worst regional. Then you will be itching to get out!!!

Check Complete
08-14-2018, 12:04 PM

You mean it’s just that simple?

Man, why didn’t you say that earlier!

It must be cool to have all the answers!

Melit
08-14-2018, 12:55 PM
I have a feeling your attitude is holding you back

domino
08-14-2018, 01:13 PM

And there’s the problem. This guy right here, and many more like him. The attitude of it you don’t like it, move on, rather than sticking up for yourself and stop getting treated like uneducated help. Sad to say, but Skywest pilots deserve the low pay and lack of respect among peers they now get.

Melit
08-14-2018, 01:16 PM
And there’s the problem. This guy right here, and many more like him. The attitude of it you don’t like it, move on, rather than sticking up for yourself and stop getting treated like uneducated help. Sad to say, but Skywest pilots deserve the low pay and lack of respect among peers they now get.
Another know it all

Check Complete
08-14-2018, 01:38 PM

Thanks Dr. Phil, you’re the best!

gojo
08-14-2018, 02:44 PM
Another know it all

Well, maybe the truth hurts? People over use that phrase, get your time in and move on. Like it’s really easy, 1000 pic and I’ll be outa here. That’s not the case for many. But it is a good goal. Plus, what’s wrong with leaving it better for those that follow you? It’s not looking like the music will stop, but what if it does?

Blackhawk
08-14-2018, 03:02 PM

Well crap.... I should have thought of that years ago.

word302
08-14-2018, 07:43 PM

This guy..

word302
08-14-2018, 07:44 PM

So your lumping is all in with this obvious troll? Cool.

domino
08-16-2018, 12:40 PM
Another know it all

Nice come back jacka$$. But as the guy above said, the truth hurts. As more and more Skywest pilots move on and spread the word about just how messed up the whole SAPA pay for leadership racket is, the further down the totem pole you move in terms of respect and credibility. There’s not much left.

word302
08-16-2018, 01:38 PM
Nice come back jacka$$. But as the guy above said, the truth hurts. As more and more Skywest pilots move on and spread the word about just how messed up the whole SAPA pay for leadership racket is, the further down the totem pole you move in terms of respect and credibility. There’s not much left.

Literally all this guy does is troll. Just ignore him.

domino
08-17-2018, 09:01 AM
Literally all this guy does is troll. Just ignore him.

Sounds good. 👍

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1