Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Frontier flow

Milksheikh
08-11-2018, 02:35 PM
I tried to find some more info on this but I couldn't. Does anyone have any details on this program other than the ad on this site that says "flow to frontier in as little as two years!"

Is there any extra interviews involved? Can anybody confirm if anyone has flowed yet? Are there any details stating how many per month or what percentage/numbers of each newhire Frontier class is allotted to TSA pilots?

Also, I wonder what's going to happen with the flow should these rumors of merging with republic materialize.

brokepilot2
08-11-2018, 02:55 PM
I tried to find some more info on this but I couldn't. Does anyone have any details on this program other than the ad on this site that says "flow to frontier in as little as two years!"

Is there any extra interviews involved? Can anybody confirm if anyone has flowed yet? Are there any details stating how many per month or what percentage/numbers of each newhire Frontier class is allotted to TSA pilots?

Also, I wonder what's going to happen with the flow should these rumors of merging with republic materialize.
No interview required, 2 pilots per month can flow. As for the last question no one knows.

You need your head inspected if you think Frontier is a good place to go. Maybe that will change when they get a new contract a few years from now, but in the meantime itís a crappy place to be.

Why not go to an AA wholly-owned and flow to American in 6 years vs working at a trash regional for 4 years to flow to Frontier?

frontierpilotfacts.com

Milksheikh
08-16-2018, 08:55 AM
No interview required, 2 pilots per month can flow

2 pilots a month?? so 24 for the year.. Doesn't TSA have like 600 pilots? Rough maths says that's about a 16 year flow. Not exactly "..in as little as 2 years." Granted I know not everyone there will flow.

You need your head inspected if you think Frontier is a good place to go. Maybe that will change when they get a new contract a few years from now, but in the meantime itís a crappy place to be.

Why not go to an AA wholly-owned and flow to American in 6 years vs working at a trash regional for 4 years to flow to Frontier?

frontierpilotfacts.com

I know its not a good place to go to now especially with the current contract/NMB/impasse situation they have, but eventually they'll get a new contract and its better to be stuck there than at a regional.

Haven't heard back from the AA WO's.

brokepilot2
08-16-2018, 02:00 PM
2 pilots a month?? so 24 for the year.. Doesn't TSA have like 600 pilots? Rough maths says that's about a 16 year flow. Not exactly "..in as little as 2 years." Granted I know not everyone there will flow.

I know its not a good place to go to now especially with the current contract/NMB/impasse situation they have, but eventually they'll get a new contract and its better to be stuck there than at a regional.

Haven't heard back from the AA WO's.

Per the last company call there's only 345 active pilots. There's a reason TSA pilots are running for the door. Namely, you will have a terrible QOL and the money is no where near enough to deal with the constant abuse.

If Frontier is your end game, you are better off going to another regional. You cannot be hired outside of the flow at TSA. You will get there quicker by going to another regional and applying to F9.

SilentLurker
11-12-2018, 06:43 PM
Aero Crew Solutions is showcasing you guys...

So Congrats, and good luck... I guess.

C37AFE
11-12-2018, 07:10 PM
The frontier flow is worth less than a bag of d*•ks

NeverHome
11-13-2018, 06:50 AM
The frontier flow is worth less than a bag of d*•ks

Fairly true. Gotta consider if that bag is full of rubber ones. Or silicone ones. Or even glass ones. Are they app controlled? With AA or AAA batteries?

Only reason I bring that up is a bag of peckers can be quite pricy, so the Frontier flow may be waaaaaayyyyy behind the bag

m20cmark21
11-13-2018, 07:36 PM
Fairly true. Gotta consider if that bag is full of rubber ones. Or silicone ones. Or even glass ones. Are they app controlled? With AA or AAA batteries?

Only reason I bring that up is a bag of peckers can be quite pricy, so the Frontier flow may be waaaaaayyyyy behind the bag

The main disadvantage of the F9 flow for TSA guys who are already on property and meet F9's minimums is that they cannot be hired outside of the flow while still on property at TSA. Risky move to quit TSA so you can get hired at F9, instead of waiting your turn to flow, but some have done it successfully. It is a nice thing to have in the back pocket for guys who would like the "sure thing." Still "flowing" 2/month, with about 24 signed up. Not everyone wants to go to F9, but I'm sure that will change with the upcoming contract agreement...

Aviatormar
11-21-2018, 10:12 AM
The main disadvantage of the F9 flow for TSA guys who are already on property and meet F9's minimums is that they cannot be hired outside of the flow while still on property at TSA. Risky move to quit TSA so you can get hired at F9, instead of waiting your turn to flow, but some have done it successfully. It is a nice thing to have in the back pocket for guys who would like the "sure thing." Still "flowing" 2/months , with about 24 signed up. Not everyone wants to go to F9, but I'm sure that will change with the upcoming contract agreement...

Is there any talk of getting a CPP on property? Has anyone actually gone to frontier yet?

C37AFE
11-21-2018, 10:42 AM
FO spoke with UAL before leaving about it in the summer. Donít know where that went. They are doing 2 a month to F9. If you leave as FO at least pay isnít a big difference. Wouldnít do it as a CA

Aviatormar
11-21-2018, 07:01 PM
FO spoke with UAL before leaving about it in the summer. Donít know where that went. They are doing 2 a month to F9. If you leave as FO at least pay isnít a big difference. Wouldnít do it as a CA
Do you know how many are signed up for the flow?

FlyingKat
11-22-2018, 06:17 AM
Rumors around about some kind of deal with United. We will see.

Most of the senior guys are not interested in the flow because they can't afford it economically. Once the new F9 contract is approved the flow will take longer as most of these people will bail once the F9 pay gets to where they can get through the first couple of years, and from what I've heard about this new F9 contract, it should meet what these guys need to leave. So expect the flow time to increase dramatically once F9 gets its new contract.

bronc
11-22-2018, 09:03 AM
Rumors around about some kind of deal with United. We will see.

Most of the senior guys are not interested in the flow because they can't afford it economically. Once the new F9 contract is approved the flow will take longer as most of these people will bail once the F9 pay gets to where they can get through the first couple of years, and from what I've heard about this new F9 contract, it should meet what these guys need to leave. So expect the flow time to increase dramatically once F9 gets its new contract.

Yeah right after that rah merger

C37AFE
11-22-2018, 11:32 AM

That got killed because Trans States is going to become a wholly owned of United. That and TSA will be flying the MRJ as part of the deal also

pnwchief22
11-23-2018, 10:25 AM
That got killed because Trans States is going to become a wholly owned of United. That and TSA will be flying the MRJ as part of the deal also

https://www.mhi.com/notice/notice_181023.html

https://www.mhi.com/news/story/1810312143.html

FlyingKat
11-24-2018, 01:42 PM

RL was in Chi town meeting with UAL a couple of weeks ago. So we'll see....

RamRod
11-25-2018, 10:30 PM
According to Lee, those MRJ's are going to fly for Frontier.

FlyingKat
11-25-2018, 11:47 PM
According to Lee, those MRJ's are going to fly for Frontier.

Could be. But Republic had 190s flying for Frontier before and they ditched them after the buyout. Had Q400s too. Hard to see them doing that again if it didn't work before. No one has been able to make regional aircraft work in a non FFD/CPA model or in a LCC business model. Even a 190/MRJ has a hard time beating a A319 or 737 in terms of CASM. But airline managements are always trying to reinvent the wheel so we will see.