Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Non-Current Aircraft Tie Pins

ReadyRsv
08-12-2018, 12:15 PM
Why?

I don't need to know you flew (insert aircraft here) without speaking to you.

PotatoChip
08-12-2018, 12:30 PM
Why?

Is this seriously going to be a thread??

Excargodog
08-12-2018, 12:47 PM
Is this seriously going to be a thread??

Only so far as it speaks to mental status of the OP.

Debating boxers versus briefs would be preferable. At least there's some scientific evidence to link the former with better fertility.

rickair7777
08-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Somebody resents the fact that he didn't fly fighters.

4runner
08-12-2018, 04:08 PM
Ice Man, the later years...

ReadyRsv
08-12-2018, 04:10 PM

Fighters, bombers, attack, barons, pitts... I've seen it all!

BeechedJet
08-12-2018, 05:35 PM
Iím going to wear a Dornier 728 pin from now on.

Maybe a Boeing 2707.

Hell I wonder if someone makes one in the shape of the shuttle from Airplane 2.

jcountry
08-12-2018, 05:48 PM
Fighters, bombers, attack, barons, pitts... I've seen it all!

Probably havenít seen a Shorts pin.

Most of the pilots I saw flying that stupid looking flying rat wore bags over their heads

RhinoBallAuto
08-12-2018, 06:12 PM
I'm curious... Does the OP have the same aversion the stickers and bag tags that have adorned flight kits for decades? Or the GA owner who has his tail number embroidered on his hat and polo? GMAB... Some things are just inherently a part of aviation. Having pride in your background is fine. Shoot, maybe consider it an opportunity to strike up a conversation instead of a justification to spite someone you haven't even met.

Rant.End()

TransWorld
08-12-2018, 06:17 PM
I'm curious... Does the OP have the same aversion the stickers and bag tags that have adorned flight kits for decades? Or the GA owner who has his tail number embroidered on his hat and polo? GMAB... Some things are just inherently a part of aviation. Having pride in your background is fine. Shoot, maybe consider it an opportunity to strike up a conversation instead of a justification to spite someone you haven't even met.

Rant.End()

I was flying civilian and had on a TWA polo shirt. Captain dead heading in uniform flipped his badge over to show me his Pan Am badge. We had a great conversation about the old days.

Mesabi
08-12-2018, 06:50 PM
Why?

Does it bother you that I sometimes wear pins of vintage warbirds Iíve never flown just because I like them and I support/enjoy aviation history and organizations that preserve it (like the CAF)?

And, yep, great conversation starters. In fact, I get FAR more comments on warbird pins than on pins of the airliners Iíve actually flown. And had some really cool conversations because of them.

CALFO
08-12-2018, 07:00 PM
This thread needs to be moved to ďTool of the DayĒ

rombo60
08-12-2018, 08:02 PM
Why?

Respect your elders "boy." You wouldn't be in that seat watching your movie or staring at my leads ass if these gentlemen "with their pins" didn't protect this country with their service or spend all these years cutting their teeth in this industry, fighting for the contract your protected by. Have a little respect puke

This thread needs to be moved to ďTool of the DayĒ
Agreed

ReadyRsv
08-12-2018, 08:24 PM
Lol. How do you know my age.

Do infantry officers wear an M-1A1 pin on their ties at Bain & Co ? No. No airplane pins on the ties please. Iím sure youíll have time to regale me verbally about the F-16. No need to assure me of your experience before even speaking.

rombo60
08-12-2018, 08:38 PM

Do infantry officers wear an M-1A1 pin on their ties at Bain & Co ? No. No airplane pins on the ties please. Iím sure youíll have time to regale me verbally about the F-16. No need to assure me of your experience before even speaking.

Thank you for your service sir.

propbandit
08-12-2018, 09:58 PM
can I wear a pledge pin and a tie pin, AFAF:

https://youtu.be/z9_EiSaNw3Q

at6d
08-13-2018, 12:43 AM
Iíll see your previous airplane tie tack and raise you a call sign!

Albief15
08-13-2018, 01:56 AM
We had a guy who flew F-5s in the Iranian AF back in the day...thought his story was cool. Would not have known about it if he didn't wear the tie tack....it was nice conversation starter.

FWIW...I wear an ALPA tie tack. I HAVE worn an MD-11 tie tack... The story was I was a new hire at FedEx on a crew van, and made a comment to the captain wearing his. We chatted a bit and I mentioned I hoped to get to the MD eventually (in 02-03 things got pretty stagnant and movement was nil. I was on 727 panel 2.5 years...) Anyway--this captain reaches down, gives me his tie tack, and tells me the jet is worth the wait and hang on to this until you get there...you will love it. Now--a guy in his 50s just gave a guy in his late 30s a token--and yeah--we aren't 8 years visiting the cockpit the first time on a trip to visit grandma, but I thought the gesture was pretty darn cool. And...I DID keep the pin, and I DID wear it after MD-11 IOE for a while, and I still have it. When I finally step off the left seat of the 767, I haven't decided if I'm going to go to the left side of the fatter 777 or back to the MD-11, but part of the reason I still miss the 3 holer were the crews and the spirit and respect they showed each other as we explored the globe.

So--if I do go back--I'll be wearing the pin...until another FO stuck on another fleet asks me about it.

And...if that ruins your day...get over it. I like 'em. They tell a story. I like hearing stories...

Sputnik
08-13-2018, 02:25 AM
Never mind

Excargodog
08-13-2018, 07:41 AM

Most of the pilots I saw flying that stupid looking flying rat wore bags over their heads

Back in the 80s there was a USAFE squadron of C-23s at Zweibrucken Germany. I think it was one of these offset deals where because some country bought some weapons system of ours we had to buy something of theirs. Anyway, these guys flew unpressurized C-23s all over Western Europe delivering pallets and pax.
The squadron motto was,'We take it in the Shorts' if that tells you anything about their morale. :D

Excargodog
08-13-2018, 07:44 AM

Do infantry officers wear an M-1A1 pin on their ties at Bain & Co ?

Nope. The Armor guys would give them hell for it. The Abrams isn't an infantry weapon.

Ed Force One
08-13-2018, 07:50 AM
I don't have much opinion one way or another, do what you want with regards to a small ornament on your tie.

However, Albie, I truly enjoyed your story. And that's why I'm replying.

rickair7777
08-13-2018, 09:18 AM
Back in the 80s there was a USAFE squadron of C-23s at Zweibrucken Germany. I think it was one of these offset deals where because some country bought some weapons system of ours we had to buy something of theirs. Anyway, these guys flew unpressurized C-23s all over Western Europe delivering pallets and pax.
The squadron motto was,'We take it in the Shorts' if that tells you anything about their morale. :D

How bad can it be doing log flying in DE?

badflaps
08-13-2018, 12:00 PM

Hahn was really nice.:D

AC560
08-13-2018, 08:09 PM
Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like Brian, for example, has thirty seven pieces of flair, okay. And a terrific smile. ó Stan, Chotchkie's Manager.

vessbot
08-13-2018, 08:50 PM
I'm gonna commission a pin to commemorate this thread.

ipdanno
08-13-2018, 09:40 PM

Exactly. Those folks had a WONDERFUL life in western Germany. Usually carrying a small box with a tube for an F-teen engine, two- or three-hopping around the continent. Oy!

After that tour, they would get back to the 'real' airlift Air Force, at a garden spot like Pope or Dyess. They always looked a little weepy from then on. 😥

The AF eventually gave the Sherpas to the Army NG. A sticker, on the wall of the Norfolk NAS Airlift Ops, from a PA NG Av Regiment said, "Give us a call, we'll come in our Shorts!"

m3113n1a1
08-13-2018, 10:32 PM
Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like Brian, for example, has thirty seven pieces of flair, okay. And a terrific smile. ó Stan, Chotchkie's Manager.

You know, the Nazis wore pieces of flair...

flensr
08-14-2018, 12:45 AM
Why?

You can probably rest assured that anyone wearing an airplane tie tack doesn't care one bit about about your ridiculously negative opinion. Nobody asked for your permission because your complaint on this subject means less than nothing.

Seriously, the fact that you've got a gripe about other pilots who enjoy flying so much that they wear airplane tie tacks is one reason why the whole sit down shut up don't touch anything attitude still exists, at least where it comes to flying with certain negative nellies. Some people got into this business because they love flying, and that tie tack is likely just a tiny indicator of their passion for flying. That you take offense to that tiny little tie tack speaks volumes for your attitude and how little your opinion really matters to an awful lot of pilots.

I've flown with pilots like you... Most were bitter because they failed at something that maybe I (and many other pilots) succeeded at, and they take out their angst on anyone who celebrates flying as something more than a 9 to 5 job. Not pleasant to work with.

Makes me want to go out and buy a collection of airplane tie tacks that I think are neat, just on the off chance that you might see me and blow a gasket. I'll store my extras on my lanyard just to rub it in. Double win, I'll get to wear a neat tie tack and I'll also get to witness your apoplectic fit as you struggle to remain cool in the presence of someone who actually likes their job.

Over the top? A little maybe? Here have some cheese to go with your whine LOLZ.

flensr
08-14-2018, 12:48 AM

Winner winner chicken dinner.

Or he flew fighters and sucked at it, but can't admit it either.

captjns
08-14-2018, 04:31 AM

Nah... couldnít cut it through jet training and was assigned the Oscar Deuce. Adding to the disgrace, no tie pin of the O-2 was ever produced. :(

jcountry
08-14-2018, 05:46 AM

It really is a rough looking plane.

Probably the stupidest looking aircraft ever designed outside of Russia.

tomgoodman
08-14-2018, 05:49 AM
Nah... couldnít cut it through jet training and was assigned the Oscar Deuce. Adding to the disgrace, no tie pin of the O-2 was ever produced. :(

Everything is for sale somewhere. ;)

https://www.ebay.com/itm/CESSNA-O-2-SKYMASTER-LAPEL-HAT-PIN-UP-PILOT-CREW-SOLO-GIFT-FAC-VETERAN-WING-/401292519759

rickair7777
08-14-2018, 07:06 AM
Nah... couldn’t cut it through jet training and was assigned the Oscar Deuce. Adding to the disgrace, no tie pin of the O-2 was ever produced. :(

There's an app for that now...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/0-2-SkyMaster-MIlitary-Aircraft-Pin-Lapel-Pin-Hat-Tac-Pin-/400277511124

Oops, Tom beat me to it.

John Carr
08-14-2018, 09:40 AM

I talked to a guy once that did that. Said it was actually a pretty fun job flying in and out of small European towns, and all the food/beer/wine fests they had to offer, etc.

Nope. The Armor guys would give them hell for it. The Abrams isn't an infantry weapon.

Why carry your weapon when you can ride in it?

You know, the Nazis wore pieces of flair...

And then they bombed Pearl Harbor,

fadec
08-14-2018, 10:51 AM
Wearing an aircraft you haven't flown is stolen honor. Violators should be stripped of their sunglasses.

Peacock
08-14-2018, 02:36 PM
Wearing an aircraft you haven't flown is stolen honor. Violators should be stripped of their sunglasses.

Thatís why I wear my sunglasses at all times, even indoors, with croakies and headphones as an added theft deterrent.

badflaps
08-14-2018, 04:11 PM
Thatís why I wear my sunglasses at all times, even indoors, with croakies and headphones as an added theft deterrent.

Plus you can scoot away from the evil-do'ers on your "Heelies."

TransWorld
08-14-2018, 05:03 PM

I like wearing my Wright Flier aircraft tie pin. How do you know I wasn’t there to fly it?

crbnftprnt
08-14-2018, 05:20 PM
And then they bombed Pearl Harbor,[/QUOTE]

On Jeopardy last night the category was "Capitals" and the question was which one was bombed by Jimmy Doolittle. The guy answered "Berlin". And he was actually a 3-day winner with 77k in his pocket.

Frip
08-14-2018, 05:29 PM
Dude probably wears a watch the size of Big Ben...

tomgoodman
08-14-2018, 05:45 PM
I like wearing my Wright Flier aircraft tie pin. How do you know I wasnít there to fly it?

Weíll ask Badflaps. He gave all their line checks. :D

at6d
08-14-2018, 07:29 PM

On Jeopardy last night the category was "Capitals" and the question was which one was bombed by Jimmy Doolittle. The guy answered "Berlin". And he was actually a 3-day winner with 77k in his pocket.

My mother-in-law gave me her copy of 30 Seconds Over Tokyo. It was published during the war of course, so city and local Chinese peopleís names were changed or censored.

flensr
08-14-2018, 08:03 PM

I'm not sure I'd want to take the O-2 into combat, but it could be a hell of a fun plane to own :) I knew a guy who owned a few, said they were fun to fly but not very good on one engine and of course double the maintenance cost. Still he thought they were neat so every time he sold one he'd buy another eventually.

badflaps
08-14-2018, 08:45 PM
Weíll ask Badflaps. He gave all their line checks. :D

Ah! The days of black puttees, and real horse blankets.You still had to wear a hat, only backwards.:)

WHACKMASTER
08-15-2018, 12:52 AM
This thread has me questioning whether itís still okay to wear my ďCHEMTRAILERĒ tie tack.

Klondike Bear
08-15-2018, 02:10 AM

On Jeopardy last night the category was "Capitals" and the question was which one was bombed by Jimmy Doolittle. The guy answered "Berlin". And he was actually a 3-day winner with 77k in his pocket.[/QUOTE]

Jimmy Doolittle commanded the 8th Air Force after he bombed Japan. I donít think he actually flew on any of the missions but men under his command bombed Berlin a bunch of times.

Nerd Alert

ReadyRsv
08-15-2018, 06:18 PM
You can probably rest assured that anyone wearing an airplane tie tack doesn't care one bit about about your ridiculously negative opinion. Nobody asked for your permission because your complaint on this subject means less than nothing.

Seriously, the fact that you've got a gripe about other pilots who enjoy flying so much that they wear airplane tie tacks is one reason why the whole sit down shut up don't touch anything attitude still exists, at least where it comes to flying with certain negative nellies. Some people got into this business because they love flying, and that tie tack is likely just a tiny indicator of their passion for flying. That you take offense to that tiny little tie tack speaks volumes for your attitude and how little your opinion really matters to an awful lot of pilots.

I've flown with pilots like you... Most were bitter because they failed at something that maybe I (and many other pilots) succeeded at, and they take out their angst on anyone who celebrates flying as something more than a 9 to 5 job. Not pleasant to work with.

Makes me want to go out and buy a collection of airplane tie tacks that I think are neat, just on the off chance that you might see me and blow a gasket. I'll store my extras on my lanyard just to rub it in. Double win, I'll get to wear a neat tie tack and I'll also get to witness your apoplectic fit as you struggle to remain cool in the presence of someone who actually likes their job.

Over the top? A little maybe? Here have some cheese to go with your whine LOLZ.

Man, I canít imagine how upset youíd be if I insulted your lanyard choice.

ReadyRsv
08-15-2018, 06:22 PM

Who said anything about fighters? Do you think people get jealous of fighter guys, out of all possible things, by a tie pin?

What I want to know is why you think I care you flew fighters and why you have to tell everyone who sees you every day at work without them asking?

I donít care about fighters. If I did maybe I would have tried to fly one.

John Carr
08-15-2018, 06:47 PM
Did Captain Gooorrrr-Gah/callsign ďHollywoodĒ they flew wartime missions during peace time fly fighters?

flensr
08-15-2018, 07:14 PM
Man, I canít imagine how upset youíd be if I insulted your lanyard choice.

You can insult it all you want. Just don't tell me what I can and can't wear :) Unless you're signing my paychecks, then please provide your blessed guidance, oh benevolent masters of the holy payroll.

Too much, again?
:p

flensr
08-15-2018, 07:17 PM
I donít care about fighters. If I did maybe I would have tried to fly one.

Confirmed on target. Nobody says that unless there's that little voice inside saying... Well, you know, you're the one living it.

Whether or not you care about fighters, aviation related tie tacks are cool. Unless you've got some deep personal angst just eating you up.

CX500T
08-15-2018, 08:23 PM
I just need to find an MZ-3A tie tack. :D

ReadyRsv
08-15-2018, 09:11 PM
You can insult it all you want. Just don't tell me what I can and can't wear :) Unless you're signing my paychecks, then please provide your blessed guidance, oh benevolent masters of the holy payroll.

Too much, again?
:p
I just asked why. You extrapolate poorly. Victim complex.

ReadyRsv
08-15-2018, 09:14 PM
Confirmed on target. Nobody says that unless there's that little voice inside saying... Well, you know, you're the one living it.

Whether or not you care about fighters, aviation related tie tacks are cool. Unless you've got some deep personal angst just eating you up.
Letís try this again. Nobody cares about you flying fighters. But your assertions are showing your weird preoccupation that non fighter guys are secretly wishing they could join the glorious ranks of the tie tac in crowd. My post was meant to expose this exact hidden sentiment, which you have exhibited perfectly. Gracias.

450knotOffice
08-15-2018, 11:41 PM
Youíre hilarious. But not in a good way. Let it go man. Let it go. Youíre being petty.
(From a non-fighter civilian whoís not a tie pin wearer, but who ALSO could not care less if others do wear them.)

at6d
08-15-2018, 11:45 PM
I care about fighters...as long as they are ours!

EMBFlyer
08-16-2018, 03:28 AM
We have these little logbooks that you can give to the younger passengers to document their flights (they're pretty cool). Two kids came up to the cockpit one day for each of us to sign them (there's a place for the Captain and FO to sign). About two blocks above our flight, one of our superstars signed it, then used the FO block to write in all the Air Force airplanes he flew, leaving no room for the FO.

GraceMonth
08-16-2018, 08:19 AM
We have these little logbooks that you can give to the younger passengers to document their flights (they're pretty cool). Two kids came up to the cockpit one day for each of us to sign them (there's a place for the Captain and FO to sign). About two blocks above our flight, one of our superstars signed it, then used the FO block to write in all the Air Force airplanes he flew, leaving no room for the FO.

My son two year old son received one of those on his most recent AA flight. He talks about how he has a logbook like dad. Priceless.

ReadyRsv
08-16-2018, 10:10 AM
My son two year old son received one of those on his most recent AA flight. He talks about how he has a logbook like dad. Priceless.

Those are very cool.

tm602
08-16-2018, 10:15 AM
I can't believe this thread lasted beyond 3 replies...yet here I am sucked in like a moth to a lightbulb.

Albief15
08-17-2018, 08:58 AM

That is just because the captain knew the kid didn't give two ****s about A) FOs or B) non fighter aircraft. He saved you from embarrassing yourself...;)

WHACKMASTER
08-17-2018, 09:53 AM

Nominated for TOTD

Han Solo
08-17-2018, 11:38 AM
Why?

I kinda feel like we need to add a soy-chugging beta millenial of the day to accompany the totd thread. I nominate ReadyRsv as the inaugural poster.

Sluggo_63
08-17-2018, 12:11 PM
What if theyíre currently flying F-teens in the Guard. Is that okay to wear if itís a current aircraft, but not an airliner? These rules are very confusing.

tomgoodman
08-17-2018, 12:17 PM
If a pilot gets ďtriggeredĒ over someone elseís tie pin, how would he handle an engine failure? :eek:

echelon
08-17-2018, 12:22 PM
If a pilot gets ďtriggeredĒ over someone elseís tie pin, how would he handle an engine failure? :eek:

How are these things remotely related?

BeechedJet
08-17-2018, 12:33 PM
A big enough aircraft pin (RJ with engines under the wings probably) can be ingested into the engines causing a failure? Iím just trying to help.

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 12:48 PM
What if theyíre currently flying F-teens in the Guard. Is that okay to wear if itís a current aircraft, but not an airliner? These rules are very confusing.

Only if they wear their airline wings on their flight suit and introduce themselves as "First Officer Jones, #22-77654" while on drill.

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 12:51 PM
I kinda feel like we need to add a soy-chugging beta millenial of the day to accompany the totd thread. I nominate ReadyRsv as the inaugural poster.

Hey man, I just asked a question, no need to toss insults.

FWIW, while any protein supplementation as part of a structured workout routine should be beneficial towards hypertrophy, Pea protein is superior. Alpha-Beta personality types have been disproven. I'm not a millennial.

SD3FR8DOG
08-17-2018, 12:51 PM

I have a pin, donít wear it tho.

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 12:53 PM
How are these things remotely related?

They aren't, but many old cranks when questioned assume anyone who thinks something different is a 'snowflake' and has been 'triggered' so they post stupid responses. The good news is you can tell a lot about that person by said posts and it helps sort the intellectual wheat from the chaff.

AZFlyer
08-17-2018, 05:57 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/meme/images/5/5d/Y04petergriffin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151005190913

Karnak
08-17-2018, 06:16 PM
Hats. I like wearing the hat.

Troll Level: Expert

450knotOffice
08-17-2018, 09:36 PM
They aren't, but many old cranks when questioned assume anyone who thinks something different is a 'snowflake' and has been 'triggered' so they post stupid responses. The good news is you can tell a lot about that person by said posts and it helps sort the intellectual wheat from the chaff.

You think very highly of yourself, I see. Narcissism is not a valued personality trait.

(In case you donít get why I said this, to paraphrase: ďmany old people are stupid, but Iím younger and Iím really smart.Ē Pretty much says it all - about you.)

450knotOffice
08-17-2018, 09:38 PM
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/meme/images/5/5d/Y04petergriffin.jpg/revision/latest?cb=20151005190913

And YES YES YES YES!!!

To the OP, are you paying attention?! Pretty much nobody but you gives a ****.

Own it. Youíre petty and this thread is pointless.

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 10:17 PM
You think very highly of yourself, I see. Narcissism is not a valued personality trait.

(In case you donít get why I said this, to paraphrase: ďmany old people are stupid, but Iím younger and Iím really smart.Ē Pretty much says it all - about you.)

No, I didn't say many old people are stupid. I said many people who say "snowflake" and "triggered" as a response to a disagreement are old. Which is true. Your other claims are baseless and contribute nothing to the original conversation.

Please refrain from replying, you are wasting everyone's time.

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 10:18 PM
And YES YES YES YES!!!

To the OP, are you paying attention?! Pretty much nobody but you gives a ****.

Own it. Youíre petty and this thread is pointless.

If this thread is pointless, why are you replying?

ReadyRsv
08-17-2018, 10:18 PM
Hats. I like wearing the hat.

Troll Level: Expert

My wife likes the hat. I am not sure. I wear it when required.

JamesNoBrakes
08-17-2018, 10:52 PM
Letís try this again. Nobody cares about you flying fighters. But your assertions are showing your weird preoccupation that non fighter guys are secretly wishing they could join the glorious ranks of the tie tac in crowd. My post was meant to expose this exact hidden sentiment, which you have exhibited perfectly. Gracias.

You guys are dangerous and foolish, and that makes you dangerous.

sailingfun
08-18-2018, 03:58 AM
I care about fighters...as long as they are ours!

There are only two kinds of aircraft. Fighters and targets!

Poser765
08-18-2018, 04:42 AM
Tie bars? Who cares...all of my tie pins are just as goofy as an F-15 tie bar.

What really triggers MY millennial sensitivities? The guys who use their military IDs to get through KCM. i mean you have a drivers license, and a passport yet you use the military card.

Fine Iíll bite if this is what you are fishing for then thank you for your service, Major.

This is the real issue facing us. Why isnít ALPA on this?

rickair7777
08-18-2018, 07:28 AM

What really triggers MY millennial sensitivities? The guys who use their military IDs to get through KCM. i mean you have a drivers license, and a passport yet you use the military card.

Fine Iíll bite if this is what you are fishing for then thank you for your service, Major.

Hmm. Due to the need to CONSTANTLY use my mil ID to access email, the two most readily accessible slots in my wallet are occupied by my mil ID and my main credit card. I do actually dig out the DL for KCM, but it would be slightly easier to grab the mil ID.

ExAF
08-18-2018, 08:17 AM
What really triggers MY millennial sensitivities? The guys who use their military IDs to get through KCM. i mean you have a drivers license, and a passport yet you use the military card.Why would you care about that? Who cares what ID you use as long as you don't hold up the line fishing for it. I'm going to start using my mil ID from now on just to troll you. :eek:

John Carr
08-18-2018, 10:13 AM

Because the rest of the sarcasm in the post went over people's heads....;)

Fleet Warp
08-18-2018, 10:31 AM
Because the rest of the sarcasm in the post went over people's heads....;)

Of course it went over their heads, they are boomers and/or forum trolls.
The first only comprehends the buzzing between its own collective ears and the latter just hates life and only wins on the internet.

Poser765
08-18-2018, 11:54 AM
Because the rest of the sarcasm in the post went over people's heads....;)lol thank you. There does tend to be a severe lack of humor and excess of taking things seriously in the mainline threads.

Things I couldnít be bothered to give two turds about:

Aircraft tie pins
Military IDs
Callsigns ( maverick or Hollywood WILL get an eye roll)
Backpacks
Ear buds in uniform
Hearing about your boat.

Lighten up guys... try to have a bit of fun.

Boondoggle
08-18-2018, 12:08 PM
Why?

Why do you care if people are proud of their service? You get upset at old veterans wearing their VFW hats as well? If you can find a pin that says self-righteous twat, I wouldnít complain about you wearing it.

ReadyRsv
08-18-2018, 12:24 PM
Why do you care if people are proud of their service? You get upset at old veterans wearing their VFW hats as well? If you can find a pin that says self-righteous twat, I wouldnít complain about you wearing it.

VFW hats arenít uniform compliant and I never said anything about the military.

gliderguider
08-18-2018, 01:02 PM
VFW hats arenít uniform compliant and I never said anything about the military.

Response to your response! You gotta have some rebuttal for this now to keep it going ;)

450knotOffice
08-18-2018, 10:32 PM
If this thread is pointless, why are you replying?

Point is, people have told you time and again on this thread why some people like to wear these and other trinkets, and also WHY no one cares that you are annoyed by that. You donít want to accept any of that, and you are the one who keeps doubling down on your original post.

So, go ahead. Be annoyed. Whatever makes you happy. 😏

Han Solo
08-19-2018, 06:18 AM

But you didn't just ask a question, you made a statement expressing your displeasure over people wearing said pins. Your follow-on statement implies that you're somehow the moral authority of what should and shouldn't be worn on a tie and that those who disagree with you need to explain themselves. Let me ask 2 questions in return, why do you care what somebody wears on their tie and why do you feel the need to then publicly express your opinion on such an inane topic? You keep revising why you made this post and what the point of this topic is but what you fail to realize is nobody cares what you think about their tie pin, this is now a 10 page thread on what a DB you are.

Why?

FWIW, while any protein supplementation as part of a structured workout routine should be beneficial towards hypertrophy, Pea protein is superior.

Spoken like your typical vegan leftist millenial. Since I don't eat meat, nobody should eat meat. Since I don't have a cool airplane to put on my tie pin, nobody should. It's not fair if everybody doesn't get a trophy!

Alpha-Beta personality types have been disproven. I'm not a millennial.

Says every soy-chugging beta millenial.

ItnStln
08-19-2018, 07:17 AM
Alpha-Beta personality types have been disproven.

Itís still being taught in psychology classes so it hasnít been disproven.

deadseal
08-19-2018, 09:25 AM
Of course it went over their heads, they are boomers and/or forum trolls.
The first only comprehends the buzzing between its own collective ears and the latter just hates life and only wins on the internet.

Lol....shack

If you wear a fighter tie tack youíre a douche

Here fishy fishy...

tomgoodman
08-19-2018, 09:40 AM
Lol....shack

If you wear a fighter tie tack youíre a douche

Here fishy fishy...

Says the former Lawn Dart jockey. :p

ReadyRsv
08-19-2018, 12:10 PM
But you didn't just ask a question, you made a statement expressing your displeasure over people wearing said pins. Your follow-on statement implies that you're somehow the moral authority of what should and shouldn't be worn on a tie and that those who disagree with you need to explain themselves. Let me ask 2 questions in return, why do you care what somebody wears on their tie and why do you feel the need to then publicly express your opinion on such an inane topic? You keep revising why you made this post and what the point of this topic is but what you fail to realize is nobody cares what you think about their tie pin, this is now a 10 page thread on what a DB you are.

Spoken like your typical vegan leftist millenial. Since I don't eat meat, nobody should eat meat. Since I don't have a cool airplane to put on my tie pin, nobody should. It's not fair if everybody doesn't get a trophy!

Says every soy-chugging beta millenial.
Wow. So much to unpack here.

1. I make no value judgement in my statements on the worth of the activity or association represented by your tie pin. I just want to why you feel the need to display it.

2. I feel the need due to curiosity to ask the question. As this is an aviation themed forum, it seems like the appropriate place. Now, after seeing some of the vitriol here I am quite glad I asked online instead of the crew room. Language like yours would be a call to prostans for sure. But with a temper like yours, who knows, you may act out in a way outside the purview of their help.

3. Where did I mention anything about being vegan? I simply maintain that pea protein is superior both in taste, texture and nutrition (now it DOES have a reduced environmental impact, but I personally donít think itís enough of a difference to warrant switching based on that fact, but it is nice) to whey protein. Iím not vegan, I never said anything about being vegan nor did I encourage anyone else to become one. I ate a steak two nights ago with bourbon 🥃 to wash it down.

Also, Iím not a millennial, as I said before.

Have a GREAT day.

ReadyRsv
08-19-2018, 12:18 PM
Oh yeah. Hereís the personal website of the guy who did the original work studying wolves where this stuff came from. He says he doesnít believe it and would stop publishing it but he doesnít own all the rights anymore.

https://davemech.org/wolf-news-and-information/
One of the outdated pieces of information is the concept of the alpha wolf. ďAlphaĒ implies competing with others and becoming top dog by winning a contest or battle. However, most wolves who lead packs achieved their position simply by mating and producing pups, which then became their pack.

Have a great day. (Whole milk latte is way better than soy, yuck)

Mesabi
08-20-2018, 11:36 AM
In addition to my non-current aircraft pins, I think Iím going to start experimenting with some of these sweet tie knots...

http://agreeordie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/vidalia-knot3-300x300.jpg

https://www.fukarf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/true-love-tie-knot.gif

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/c3a738673d53b2992b0881ddaf391c72.jpg

ItnStln
08-20-2018, 12:56 PM
In addition to my non-current aircraft pins, I think Iím going to start experimenting with some of these sweet tie knots...

http://agreeordie.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/01/vidalia-knot3-300x300.jpg

https://www.fukarf.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/true-love-tie-knot.gif

http://www.bagofnothing.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/c3a738673d53b2992b0881ddaf391c72.jpg

Those are nice. Do you have a link to the directions?

Han Solo
08-20-2018, 01:37 PM
Those are nice. Do you have a link to the directions?

youtube knows how to do everything.

ItnStln
08-20-2018, 04:40 PM
youtube knows how to do everything.

I will check it out, thanks.

Turbosina
08-20-2018, 08:28 PM
Am I missing something? In 4 years of 121 flying (and a lot more than that in 91 corporate), I've never seen anyone wear a tie pin. Here at the regionals, we're lucky if we can afford pants!

Packrat
08-21-2018, 01:38 PM
No ties at my place.

4runner
08-22-2018, 06:00 AM

FWIW, while any protein supplementation as part of a structured workout routine should be beneficial towards hypertrophy, Pea protein is superior. Alpha-Beta personality types have been disproven. I'm not a millennial.

Disproven by Betas that got ďtriggeredĒ. Call me Captain Silverback from now on please.

4runner
08-22-2018, 06:02 AM
Ftfy filler

It was a joke. Jesus Christ. I won.

450knotOffice
08-22-2018, 03:58 PM
It was a joke. Jesus Christ. I won.

LOL! Yes. Yes you did.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1