Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Open time

Noleone
08-12-2018, 02:45 PM
For those that would like to make some extra money each month, are you able to pick up any open time at 150% or more? Or is it all paid at your current rate? Thanks for the help

hslightnin
08-12-2018, 03:08 PM
For those that would like to make some extra money each month, are you able to pick up any open time at 150% or more? Or is it all paid at your current rate? Thanks for the help

Open time is not at a set rate. Itís negotiable.
When they get desperate, Iíve heard 400-500%
Typically it pays 100% and about 5-10 days a month they do 150-200%

Noleone
08-12-2018, 03:18 PM
Thanks for the help. On another note, how commutable are most of the trips, say out of EWR? Thanks again

Freebreakfast11
08-12-2018, 03:48 PM
Thanks for the help. On another note, how commutable are most of the trips, say out of EWR? Thanks again

A vast majority of trips are only commutable on one end. Rarely both ends. Plan accordingly, the EWR GDP will ruin even he easiest of commutes

Noleone
08-12-2018, 04:24 PM
Good to know, thanks! Whatís the general consensus on the FO 2nd year rate set at Dash captain rate? Set to expire. Think it will renew?

Freebreakfast11
08-12-2018, 04:31 PM
Good to know, thanks! Whatís the general consensus on the FO 2nd year rate set at Dash captain rate? Set to expire. Think it will renew?

It won't renew. The Union and the company will have to come up with a new contract around that time, and those negotiations take a while.

jacburn
08-13-2018, 01:24 PM

I feel the company will extend the pay rate until a new contract is signed. We are filling our classes with bodies and I think the Dash CA rate is one of the main driving forces behind it.

I could see this LOA set into the next contract in some form.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1