Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New crj fo

Squak7700
08-14-2018, 12:37 AM
About to start CTP on CRJ:
1. What hotel in SLC? Do I have to share room?
2. What is the most junior base for CRJ? I can move anywhere, looking the least reserve time and more flying.

BLURCEO
08-14-2018, 04:26 AM
Youíll get the hotel Info the week before. Think holiday inn level of hotel or staybridge level. Donít really want to share publically where a bunch of air crew stay. And yes you will share a room unless you want to pay 3k a month to have your own.

Everyone keeps saying ATL,MSP,DTW. But itíll be two more weeks before they let us know.

Skyhawk121
08-14-2018, 09:31 AM
Seems fairly consistent that lowest reserve time is DTW on the CRJ, but you would be able to hold a line at any of the three mentioned above in a reasonable amount of time. When I started here, I was based in DTW, I only say reserve for a month or so after IOE.

amcnd
08-14-2018, 10:21 AM
Bid transparency shows the bottom guy with a line.. (DTW FO)

Squak7700
08-14-2018, 09:17 PM
Seems fairly consistent that lowest reserve time is DTW on the CRJ, but you would be able to hold a line at any of the three mentioned above in a reasonable amount of time. When I started here, I was based in DTW, I only say reserve for a month or so after IOE.

What's the CRJ type in DTW? I heard it's -200 in ATL, and -700 in ORD.

hawk21
08-14-2018, 10:29 PM

DTW has 200/700/900 flying.

zondaracer
08-15-2018, 06:58 AM

ORD is 200/700/900. DTW is also all 3. At the moment, ATL is 200 only.

amcnd
08-15-2018, 07:24 AM
Will know maybe next moth where the new 900ís go. My guess ATL/DTW system

LAX2MSP
08-15-2018, 10:28 AM
Will know maybe next moth where the new 900ís go. My guess ATL/DTW system

Going to MSP/DTW due to 20 DL 700s being moved to DFW for AA flying. Those were at the expense of MSP/DTW

journeybird
08-16-2018, 05:26 AM
From my scattered reading of this board, is the following true:

1. CRJ flying is moving eastward, so if you choose/offered the CRJ vs ERJ for training, it's likely you may be forced (displaced?) to move to a midwest or East Coast base. (Although 20 175's are moving east??)

2. If my preference is to be based West Coast, most desirably SFO, it's best to choose ERJ, if given the choice, and deal with wherever you end up until you hold seniority to transfer to SFO or similar?

Thanks for any help on how the movement is working right now.

amcnd
08-16-2018, 06:15 AM
I would say CRJ is moving ďMidwestĒ ish. ERJ LGA is growing.. Bid ERJ ORD. Lots of SFO overnights.. then transfer west when you can..

MadDog80
08-16-2018, 10:03 AM
From my scattered reading of this board, is the following true:

1. CRJ flying is moving eastward, so if you choose/offered the CRJ vs ERJ for training, it's likely you may be forced (displaced?) to move to a midwest or East Coast base. (Although 20 175's are moving east??)

2. If my preference is to be based West Coast, most desirably SFO, it's best to choose ERJ, if given the choice, and deal with wherever you end up until you hold seniority to transfer to SFO or similar?

Thanks for any help on how the movement is working right now.

Don't be one of those who picks a base solely on what aircraft you think you want to fly. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE AIRPLANE. Pick whatever base let's you live at home, gain seniority the quickest, or Atleast have the easiest commute. That said the CRJ is a Midwestern based aircraft with the ERJ focused more on the coasts. Especially the west.

amcnd
08-16-2018, 10:12 AM
CRJ strongholds PHX/DFW/MSP/DTW/ATL/ORD. Avoid the CRJ if you want LAX/SFO/SLC. They are CRJ bases but who knows for how long... ERJ if you want ORD/PDX/SEA/SAN/LGA/SFO/LAX/SLC But be ready for a small wait for anything other then ORD/LGA...

journeybird
08-16-2018, 10:12 AM
Don't be one of those who picks a base solely on what aircraft you think you want to fly. DON'T WORRY ABOUT THE AIRPLANE. Pick whatever base let's you live at home, gain seniority the quickest, or Atleast have the easiest commute. That said the CRJ is a Midwestern based aircraft with the ERJ focused more on the coasts. Especially the west.

That's my worry, what gets me closer to home.

I saw that the most junior in FAT was on the CRJ, so was just curious what was the best bet to be close to SFO, then eventually SFO. Since the junior date on FAT was fairly recent, I thought that may be a good option but have read the CRJ is being phased Eastward.

Thanks for the info.

amcnd
08-16-2018, 11:15 AM
That's my worry, what gets me closer to home.

I saw that the most junior in FAT was on the CRJ, so was just curious what was the best bet to be close to SFO, then eventually SFO. Since the junior date on FAT was fairly recent, I thought that may be a good option but have read the CRJ is being phased Eastward.

Thanks for the info.

Not all CRJís are going east.. FAT will be a jr CRJ base for long time to come.. SFO will always have a small contingent of CRJís. So you canít realy go weong on picking a aircraft. You choice will dictate your schedule...

journeybird
08-16-2018, 11:20 AM
CRJ strongholds PHX/DFW/MSP/DTW/ATL/ORD. Avoid the CRJ if you want LAX/SFO/SLC. They are CRJ bases but who knows for how long... ERJ if you want ORD/PDX/SEA/SAN/LGA/SFO/LAX/SLC But be ready for a small wait for anything other then ORD/LGA...

Thanks! Appreciate it.

Turbosina
08-16-2018, 12:03 PM
The FAT CRJ base has actually grown by 50 percent in the past year. It's now almost the same size as SFO. Move to Tracy or Modesto and you're a 2-hr drive from both SFO and FAT...

hawk21
08-16-2018, 12:04 PM
Going to MSP/DTW due to 20 DL 700s being moved to DFW for AA flying. Those were at the expense of MSP/DTW

Those DFW planes are ExpressJet tails.

amcnd
08-16-2018, 01:20 PM
Those DFW planes are ExpressJet tails.

Not all of them. Mostly Current DL 700ís or old UA 700ís. Were down to 19 UA 700ís. All the rest went to AA. The XJT 700ís have been taking a average 40 days more then planed to get on the certificate...

hawk21
08-16-2018, 08:04 PM
Not all of them. Mostly Current DL 700ís or old UA 700ís. Were down to 19 UA 700ís. All the rest went to AA. The XJT 700ís have been taking a average 40 days more then planed to get on the certificate...

The flowboard begs to differ. Itís XJT tails sitting in MTX being reconfigured.

MadDog80
08-16-2018, 08:21 PM

Correct. Most are in Tucson now being reconfigured. They want all 20 by January. They're worried they won't have enough pilots to even staff that by then. The planes will be ready and DFW will be going to new hires by the end of the year.

amcnd
08-17-2018, 02:39 AM

I said not all of them... yes there are 5 that are coming over in MX as we speak.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1