Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : ATCA / Lufthansa

tm602
08-14-2018, 08:21 AM
Asking for a friend. What is the current pay for an experienced CFI (about 2000 dual given)? He has 3 kids and married...is there health coverage and how much a month?
There is also the union issue, he wants to know if they are unionized.
Thanks

BobSacamano
08-15-2018, 07:41 PM
What union issue? I would be shocked if there are any flight instructors anywhere that are union.

tm602
08-16-2018, 10:12 AM
What union issue? I would be shocked if there are any flight instructors anywhere that are union.

I worked there long ago and there was a union, I think it was IAMAW. They unionized after taking a massive pay cut and big layoffs.

Lockonn
08-26-2018, 01:36 PM
Asking for a friend. What is the current pay for an experienced CFI (about 2000 dual given)? He has 3 kids and married...is there health coverage and how much a month?
There is also the union issue, he wants to know if they are unionized.
Thanks

Current CFI here, no longer called ATCA but rather LAT Arizona. We are unionized and there are health care benefits available. I am a CPP candidate with UAL, not sure what the "Core Instructor" pay is for someone experienced like that. I can say that I am salaried at 35k for year one.

PT6 Flyer
08-26-2018, 03:04 PM
no longer called ATCA but rather LAT Arizona.

Why did they change the name of the company?

SoFloFlyer
08-26-2018, 09:28 PM
Current CFI here, no longer called ATCA but rather LAT Arizona. We are unionized and there are health care benefits available. I am a CPP candidate with UAL, not sure what the "Core Instructor" pay is for someone experienced like that. I can say that I am salaried at 35k for year one.

Did you pass the CPP and in the hiring pool or just qualify for the CPP?

tm602
08-30-2018, 10:16 AM
Thanks. He's not nuts about unions, and he aims to be a core / full time instructor (retired airline).