Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : New bases?

Sperrysan
08-14-2018, 05:22 PM
Let the speculation begin. West coast?

EDVPLT
08-14-2018, 06:03 PM

A buddy was in recurrent last week and said TW shot down West coast and growth would be in New York, he also said expect an announcement in 30-60 days but we wouldn't see the airplanes till late summer/fall 2019. Sounds like Skywest won't be staying in NY.

blindfayth
08-14-2018, 06:06 PM
Yuck. More NYC flying.

Blueskies21
08-14-2018, 06:12 PM

I think the speculation has been going for quite awhile, nothing to see here. No news at this time; announcement in ?? days.

Second post on APC.... welcome.

Sperrysan
08-14-2018, 06:22 PM
Thanks Blue. I figured as such. I was just hoping for something besides NYC.

Jk3728
08-14-2018, 06:58 PM
NYC makes no sense. Delta wants 3 regional carriers and everyone to cover each otherís routes. SkyWest has NYC flying now, yet we keep shrinking our midwest flying and expand NYC. But then again Iím applying logic...

Mesabah
08-14-2018, 08:04 PM
NYC makes no sense. Delta wants 3 regional carriers and everyone to cover each otherís routes. SkyWest has NYC flying now, yet we keep shrinking our midwest flying and expand NYC. But then again Iím applying logic...
I said in the other thread, if we get E175s, it would be for NYC. The wholly owned is the only carrier that can handle NYC. Hopefully, some CRJs make their way back to DTW/MSP.

EDVPLT
08-14-2018, 08:39 PM
I said in the other thread, if we get E175s, it would be for NYC. The wholly owned is the only carrier that can handle NYC. Hopefully, some CRJs make their way back to DTW/MSP.

That was asked and TW said no growth in MSP/DTW it would remain where it is now. So my only conclusion to that was Skywest would be leaving NY.

KSCessnaDriver
08-15-2018, 03:05 AM
That was asked and TW said no growth in MSP/DTW it would remain where it is now. So my only conclusion to that was Skywest would be leaving NY.

Either way, there are only 20 OO 175SC, but there are 36 DL 175s, so either someone else would get the boot from NYC or its growth outside NYC

WesternSkies
08-15-2018, 08:15 AM
Saw you guys over there on the blast fence in LGA. Looks good on you.
Iím sure they can develop more fence line to facilitate this perpetually future growth.

prex8390
08-15-2018, 08:20 AM
Iím sure they can develop more fence line to facilitate this perpetually future growth.

Nah theyíre building us a brand new terminal. Since you didnít notice that large structure in the background being built. Iíll take the blast fence and more pay than agreeing to subpar pay and a shiny regional jet but thatís just me.

EDVPLT
08-15-2018, 08:54 AM
Either way, there are only 20 OO 175SC, but there are 36 DL 175s, so either someone else would get the boot from NYC or its growth outside NYC

Right now, but Skywest will have 30 175SC by years end in NYC. Plus it was never confirmed where the planes are coming from. They could keep the Compass 175S but replace GoJet 700 and our 3 700s with 175SC or the 900SC. Time will tell.

gojo
08-15-2018, 09:25 AM

Whatever, smh. Sounds like youíre proud to be just a little bit above Mesa? What a DB post.

Swagship
08-15-2018, 10:18 AM

Joseph Smith working on that new contract for you? Maybe your 10 year captains will finally make more than our street CAs.

pa24250
08-15-2018, 10:36 AM

One of the better troll posts I've seen recently, bravo

ninerdriver
08-15-2018, 10:58 AM
One of the better troll posts I've seen recently, bravo

Too bad they can't sound that good at LGA.

"Oy, mate, SkyWest 4148 is" blah blah blah get off the f*cking frequency already

gojo
08-15-2018, 11:06 AM
Too bad they can't sound that good at LGA.

"Oy, mate, SkyWest 4148 is" blah blah blah get off the f*cking frequency already

Or, ramp tower on a different frequency. Um, this is Skywestóó weíre at gate C41. Ramp isnít answering us on our frequency. So Iím just going to let you know that weíre going to push off gate C41. Ramp tower on other frequency, um sir, you canít just push on your own. Skywest, well theyíre not answering me. So what else do we do. Ramp tower, well you canít just push on your own. Let me make a phone call.

Mesabah
08-15-2018, 01:30 PM
You're damn right, and it won't just be a fence, it will be a blast wall, and AeroMexico will pay for it.

WesternSkies
08-15-2018, 01:33 PM
You're damn right, and it won't just be a fence, it will be a blast wall, and AeroMexico will pay for it.

Hahaha .

jaxthepilot
08-15-2018, 01:33 PM

*Slow Clap* Bravo, Sir! :D

amcnd
08-15-2018, 02:18 PM
Operationally it would be a easy transition if you guys get E175ís and base them East Coast, where your infrastructure is. Compass had some ruff times when they went west. No Lie SkyWest would love to move the E175ís back west... Delta wanting ďoverlapĒ days are kind of gone. They realize that the regionals do better being ďregionalĒ....

Sperrysan
08-15-2018, 02:20 PM
this escalated quickly

KSCessnaDriver
08-15-2018, 04:09 PM

Hasa Diga Eebowai

Flogger
08-15-2018, 08:44 PM

You owe me a keyboard due to beer spewed on the old one. :D

scubadiver
08-16-2018, 04:10 PM

That's funny right there, I don't care who you are!

Casualinterest
08-20-2018, 09:40 AM
Nah theyíre building us a brand new terminal. Since you didnít notice that large structure in the background being built. Iíll take the blast fence and more pay than agreeing to subpar pay and a shiny regional jet but thatís just me.

Haha right!?

In the words of Chris Rock, "shut up before I crush you with my wallet."

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk