Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Dropping Trips

WhiskeyTF
08-15-2018, 11:35 AM
I hear from friends at places like Skywest and Republic that dropping trips is difficult. What's it tend to be like at Endeavor?

gojo
08-15-2018, 12:01 PM
I hear from friends at places like Skywest and Republic that dropping trips is difficult. What's it tend to be like at Endeavor?

Unless youíre a flight attendant itís almost impossible

EDVPLT
08-15-2018, 12:12 PM

NYC FO seems to have some green days this month. I usually have luck putting stuff on the tradeboard as a FO. I have no clue about the Captain side.

Biggbird
08-16-2018, 08:10 AM
NYC FO seems to have some green days this month. I usually have luck putting stuff on the tradeboard as a FO. I have no clue about the Captain side.

What about using PVD bidding to drop a trip? Would that be an option?

theUpsideDown
08-16-2018, 08:41 AM
What about using PVD bidding to drop a trip? Would that be an option?

You can if there's an open week of vacation for your category and class. Make sure you understand the difference between the pvd bid periods and where the form is on the website.

greenroute
08-16-2018, 01:19 PM
You can if there's an open week of vacation for your category and class. Make sure you understand the difference between the pvd bid periods and where the form is on the website.

How does the timing work on that? When is the cutoff to bid for/request a PVD in a given month?

Punkah Louvre
08-17-2018, 04:24 AM
How does the timing work on that? When is the cutoff to bid for/request a PVD in a given month?
Itís one of the memos is the early bid or bid packet. You can always mail Crew Planning..

KSCessnaDriver
08-17-2018, 04:49 AM
Itís one of the memos is the early bid or bid packet. You can always mail Crew Planning..

PVD is in the late bid. 18th-20th IIRC...

Prop Job
08-19-2018, 04:04 PM
I see in flica how to look at premium reserve days but how do you actually add them?

How many hours is a normal reserve day worth?

If assigned flying while on premium reserve does the trip pay premium?

FlyJay
08-19-2018, 04:32 PM
I see in flica how to look at premium reserve days but how do you actually add them?
Submit a request under "pilot trip add", choose the pairing you would like
How many hours is a normal reserve day worth?
4 hours
If assigned flying while on premium reserve does the trip pay premium?
Nope, the trip pays block or better
filler filler

Edit: what is premium reserve?

Prop Job
08-19-2018, 04:44 PM
Under "Tools -> View Premium Days" it shows reserve days at 150% and 200%.

Prop Job
08-19-2018, 05:33 PM
I found the answer to the adding premium reserve question in the flica guide in PBS. It will show up in the "open time" tab under "pilot reserve adds".

So what am I looking at under "Tools -> View premium days"?

FlyJay
08-19-2018, 05:35 PM
Under "Tools -> View Premium Days" it shows reserve days at 150% and 200%.

The "Premium Days" calendar has nothing to do with reserve. Reserve is reserve unfortunately. The premium days, however, indicates whether an open time trip picked up that day will pay out at 150% (all of them) or 200% (only certain ones).

If you have a day off (ie.- not on reserve) and you chose to pick up open time (voluntarily), it will pay at the premium day rate corresponding to each day of the trip.

Just to clarify - picking up open time has nothing to do with being assigned a trip while on reserve. If you are assigned a trip while on reserve, you will get paid the higher of min credit 4 hours or the block time.

Good times, right? :D

Avroman
08-19-2018, 06:41 PM
You can pick up a reserve day (if being offered) on one of your days off. Now I have never seen it offered at 150% only 200% but there is a pilot reserve add tab that you can select to view open time for picking up reserve days.

flydiamond
08-20-2018, 04:11 AM
You can pick up a reserve day (if being offered) on one of your days off. Now I have never seen it offered at 150% only 200% but there is a pilot reserve add tab that you can select to view open time for picking up reserve days.

Seems like they always have them whenever theyíre offering 200%. If they end up assigning you a 7 hour day, you get 14 hours credit.