Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training schedule

SpaceManX
08-18-2018, 12:03 PM
So how does it work with indoc, systems etc? Is it straight through or are there breaks in between? Thank you in advance.

Soxfan1
08-18-2018, 01:21 PM
Fly in Sunday. Mon - Fri INDOC week 1. Off sat sun. Repeat for next 3 weeks. So you have 3 weekends off in ATW.

Soxfan1
08-18-2018, 01:22 PM
Fly in Sunday. Mon - Fri INDOC week 1. Off sat sun. Repeat for next 3 weeks. So you have 3 weekends off in ATW.

Weeks 3-4 are Systems.

Cessnaflyer1213
08-28-2018, 03:56 PM
Indoc and Systems is straight through. 4 weeks. As stated earlier, you get weekends off. Large classroom concept for classes. Cockpit Procedures is in Cincinnati or Atlanta at a Flight Safety facility. Only 1 week. Training is only 2 students per instructor, so they need time to put you in groups and arrange times and travel. That being said, you typically get "some" kind of break between Systems and Cockpit Procedures. Might be as little as a few days or as much as a month. It depends on student load, instructor availability, etc. Another break of some sort happens while they get you in line for Simulator training. I heard that Sim training is moving from 2 weeks to 3 weeks of training. Again, you are in Cincinnati or Atlanta for this as well.

TheGodfather
08-29-2018, 12:40 AM
When do you get access to flying together?

nuball5
08-29-2018, 04:52 AM
Weeks 3-4 are Systems.

Which is overkill. The airline I went after Awac it was 5 days of systems review and mostly self-study. I've never understood the fatuation Awac has with system knowledge.

Cessnaflyer1213
09-05-2018, 06:37 AM
At the end of Systems training.

joefly
09-05-2018, 12:43 PM
how is the training there compare to other places? good...bad? good instructors?

SuperFlier
09-05-2018, 05:24 PM
how is the training there compare to other places? good...bad? good instructors?

The training is all conducted by actual line pilots. As far as airline training goes, it is great training. It is not for the feint of heart however, you need to go in distraction-free and willing to work.

Most importantly, you have to have a good attitude. What does that mean? Show up on time, pay attention, do what they tell you, donít complain about (insert hotel, course content, the company, etc.). If you make a mistake, own it, learn from it, donít blame (insert your partner, Instructor, iPad, etc.). Donít be a tool in class and be cooperative and helpful to your classmates.

IOE is also not a cakewalk. You will be expected to perform at almost a PIC level before youíre signed off. Again, attitude will get you through.

Good luck!

StrykerB21
09-05-2018, 10:00 PM
The training is all conducted by actual line pilots. As far as airline training goes, it is great training. It is not for the feint of heart however, you need to go in distraction-free and willing to work.

Most importantly, you have to have a good attitude. What does that mean? Show up on time, pay attention, do what they tell you, donít complain about (insert hotel, course content, the company, etc.). If you make a mistake, own it, learn from it, donít blame (insert your partner, Instructor, iPad, etc.). Donít be a tool in class and be cooperative and helpful to your classmates.

IOE is also not a cakewalk. You will be expected to perform at almost a PIC level before youíre signed off. Again, attitude will get you through.

Good luck!

In addition, if you have previous 121 experience don't be that guy that interrupts the class with "when I was at ____________ we did things this way!" You're at Air Wisconsin now. Do it the way Air Wisconsin instructors want you to do it.

joefly
09-05-2018, 10:27 PM
Thanks for the replies...still up in air between Air Wisconsin and republic...live in PHL...I like how Air Wisconsin has a good tight knit group of pilots

Jetsurfer2010
09-13-2018, 09:50 PM
Thanks for the replies...still up in air between Air Wisconsin and republic...live in PHL...I like how Air Wisconsin has a good tight knit group of pilots

Let me help. Republic has a PHL base. Air Wisc does not.

Do yourself a favor and choose not to commute. You will be 2 leg commuting to MKE or CAE with awac. When you're able to hold a line you will still need a crash pad because trips start early and end late in those bases. And awac loves to junior man so you will rarely see home if you're commuting to cae or mke.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1