Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.




View Full Version : Contract fallout


SideFlare
08-20-2018, 11:08 PM
Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about life (implementation schedule aside) post-contract approval. Has the new aggreememt altered your life at B6? Work rules? Pay rates? Tell all...

By the way... Check your pay on Rainmaker. Those fools be cheapíin. Especially you East-Coast redeye types.


Gearswinger
08-21-2018, 04:10 AM
Almost nothing has been implemented that will have any effect on day to day life yet. The few hundred extra on this last paycheck was nice though.

nuball5
08-21-2018, 06:04 AM
Nice to see an extra chunk added into my 401K without increasing my contribution.


Bluedriver
08-21-2018, 06:10 AM
Few hundred bucks in the last check and 2% more in the 401k.

That's all I've seen so far.

Combatcraig
08-21-2018, 07:02 AM
Few hundred bucks in the last check and 2% more in the 401k.

That's all I've seen so far.

2%?
15% company match went into effect 1Aug, same as the new payrates... My pay stub in BCSS shows two 401k deposits (the companies 15 and my 9%).

Tom a Hawk
08-21-2018, 07:56 AM
Been able to self some DH in level 2 irops instead of being denied for no reason. Only a few dozen more dollars on the paycheck. Thanks airbus pilots.

aldonite7667
08-21-2018, 07:57 AM
Been able to self some DH in level 2 irops instead of being denied for no reason. Only a few dozen more dollars on the paycheck. Thanks airbus pilots.

Selling in a level 2 irop was a FA restriction, not pilots.

hilltopflyer
08-21-2018, 08:27 AM
2%?
15% company match went into effect 1Aug, same as the new payrates... My pay stub in BCSS shows two 401k deposits (the companies 15 and my 9%).

No the company match was 13% before so it only went up 2%

seekingblue
08-21-2018, 08:38 AM
No the company match was 13% before so it only went up 2%

kinda sorta.


I think you are both saying the same thing, but just differently.

Right now we get 15% deposited directly, regardless of what we contribute. Do nothing get 15%.

For those of us who still heavily contribute, It can be a good deal as well. my example is as follows:

15% for being a pilot here.

plus

10% 401k contribution which I was doing to begin with.


I'm saving 25% of my annual income (in theory).

under the old plan, I was saving 10% with a 5% match, with 3% retirement plus. For me, I went from 18% to 25% with no additional money put it.

YMMV

b82rez
08-21-2018, 09:05 AM
kinda sorta.


I think you are both saying the same thing, but just differently.

Right now we get 15% deposited directly, regardless of what we contribute. Do nothing get 15%.

For those of us who still heavily contribute, It can be a good deal as well. my example is as follows:

15% for being a pilot here.

plus

10% 401k contribution which I was doing to begin with.


I'm saving 25% of my annual income (in theory).

under the old plan, I was saving 10% with a 5% match, with 3% retirement plus. For me, I went from 18% to 25% with no additional money put it.

YMMV

You forgot 5%. In your example you went from 23% to 25%

seekingblue
08-21-2018, 09:15 AM
You forgot 5%. In your example you went from 23% to 25%

my bad..... thanks for the catch.

Ted Striker
08-21-2018, 09:56 AM
Will the 15% DC show up on the pay stub anywhere?

hilltopflyer
08-21-2018, 10:35 AM
kinda sorta.


I think you are both saying the same thing, but just differently.

Right now we get 15% deposited directly, regardless of what we contribute. Do nothing get 15%.

For those of us who still heavily contribute, It can be a good deal as well. my example is as follows:

15% for being a pilot here.

plus

10% 401k contribution which I was doing to begin with.


I'm saving 25% of my annual income (in theory).

under the old plan, I was saving 10% with a 5% match, with 3% retirement plus. For me, I went from 18% to 25% with no additional money put it.

YMMV

I think you got another 5% from the company somewhere along the way. Not sure where but I was doing my 5% and they would do 13%. Not sure where or how but itís what it was. Now they do 15% no matter what I do.

rvr1800
08-21-2018, 10:56 AM
Will the 15% DC show up on the pay stub anywhere?

No


........

capt707
08-21-2018, 11:25 AM
Just wondering if anyone has anything to say about life (implementation schedule aside) post-contract approval. Has the new aggreememt altered your life at B6? Work rules? Pay rates? Tell all...

By the way... Check your pay on Rainmaker. Those fools be cheapíin. Especially you East-Coast redeye types.

Ask again in 2020

Bluedriver
08-21-2018, 11:43 AM
kinda sorta.


I think you are both saying the same thing, but just differently.

Right now we get 15% deposited directly, regardless of what we contribute. Do nothing get 15%.

For those of us who still heavily contribute, It can be a good deal as well. my example is as follows:

15% for being a pilot here.

plus

10% 401k contribution which I was doing to begin with.


I'm saving 25% of my annual income (in theory).

under the old plan, I was saving 10% with a 5% match, with 3% retirement plus. For me, I went from 18% to 25% with no additional money put it.

YMMV

Very wrong bud.

I was getting 13% from the company. Now I get 15%. That's 2% more. But, all 15% is now deposited bi- weekly, so that is also an improvement.

Blue Dude
08-21-2018, 12:39 PM
Very wrong bud.

I was getting 13% from the company. Now I get 15%. That's 2% more. But, all 15% is now deposited bi- weekly, so that is also an improvement.

The entire company contribution has been deposited bi-weekly since last year.

Bluedriver
08-21-2018, 01:31 PM
The entire company contribution has been deposited bi-weekly since last year.

Not true, regarding the ENTIRE 13%.

PasserOGas
08-21-2018, 08:10 PM
Yeah, I just paid off my car with my FAT PAYCHECK. Never leaving this place. The QOL and pay is just so much better now thanks to B6ALPA and our BOS 190 negotiators.

Huge win guys.

rvr1800
08-22-2018, 04:49 AM
Yeah, I just paid off my car with my FAT PAYCHECK. Never leaving this place. The QOL and pay is just so much better now thanks to B6ALPA and our BOS 190 negotiators.

Huge win guys.

Iím guessing youíre trying to leave and havenít gotten a call from the big 3. Why do you think that is? So while youíre stuck here are you trying to make this a better place by volunteering your own time? There are plenty of committee positions in need of volunteers. Someone as opinionated as yourself might be a good fit. Or do you just come on here and complain and expect others to fix things for you?

Fleet Warp
08-22-2018, 05:05 AM
Iím guessing youíre trying to leave and havenít gotten a call from the big 3. Why do you think that is? So while youíre stuck here are you trying to make this a better place by volunteering your own time? There are plenty of committee positions in need of volunteers. Someone as opinionated as yourself might be a good fit. Or do you just come on here and complain and expect others to fix things for you?

You're pretty good at diagnosis, can you just fix everything for all the rest of us?

rvr1800
08-22-2018, 05:21 AM
You're pretty good at diagnosis, can you just fix everything for all the rest of us?

Probably not. But rather than just coming on here and insulting those that actually make sacrifices for the group, I’ll volunteer to try.

PasserOGas
08-22-2018, 05:25 AM
Iím guessing youíre trying to leave and havenít gotten a call from the big 3. Why do you think that is? So while youíre stuck here are you trying to make this a better place by volunteering your own time? There are plenty of committee positions in need of volunteers. Someone as opinionated as yourself might be a good fit. Or do you just come on here and complain and expect others to fix things for you?

Whaaa? I said it's AWESOME. The ability to drop to ZERO has changed everything. Then, that paycheck! It was at least $100 more than before. Crazy!

And just think. We get to live like kings for at least the next FOUR YEARS!

seekingblue
08-22-2018, 06:01 AM
Whaaa? I said it's AWESOME. The ability to drop to ZERO has changed everything. Then, that paycheck! It was at least $100 more than before. Crazy!

And just think. We get to live like kings for at least the next FOUR YEARS!

The butthurt is strong with this one......


Hope DL/AA/UAL calls you soon. Honestly.

Bluedriver
08-22-2018, 06:05 AM
Whaaa? I said it's AWESOME. The ability to drop to ZERO has changed everything. Then, that paycheck! It was at least $100 more than before. Crazy!

And just think. We get to live like kings for at least the next FOUR YEARS!

While I don't share ALL your negativity, let's be honest, at least the next 6-8 years....

Bluedriver
08-22-2018, 06:06 AM
The butthurt is strong with this one......


Hope DL/AA/UAL calls you soon. Honestly.

Is this coming from a guy that thought he only got an 8% retirement pre-CBA?

hilltopflyer
08-22-2018, 06:06 AM
The butthurt is strong with this one......


Hope DL/AA/UAL calls you soon. Honestly.

What had changed besides a little more pay?

Blue Dude
08-22-2018, 06:37 AM
Not true, regarding the ENTIRE 13%.

When we transitioned to Empower a year ago, they began depositing the ENTIRE 13% after every paycheck. They were in three separate buckets, but we got them twice a month. Before mid August 2017, we got the match twice a month, 3% monthly, and 5% quarterly. Afterward, we got all three twice a month.

seekingblue
08-22-2018, 07:07 AM
Is this coming from a guy that thought he only got an 8% retirement pre-CBA?

Easy brother. We are both on the same side.

Yes. 8% was company provided— I provided the 5% for a total of 13%.

But the bottom line is we get 15% now and don’t have to contribute 5% to unlock any of it.

seekingblue
08-22-2018, 07:09 AM
What had changed besides a little more pay?

Not a ton. I wish we got more. But we do have scope and no more work rule changes via email @ midnight.

Iím not trying to defend the CBA. Iím saying we all need to realize 74% wanted this and we need to move forward.

PSU Flyer
08-22-2018, 09:22 AM
Easy brother. We are both on the same side.

Yes. 8% was company providedó I provided the 5% for a total of 13%.

But the bottom line is we get 15% now and donít have to contribute 5% to unlock any of it.

Youíre still not getting it quite right. In the past, the company contributed 8% no matter what you did. Then they matched whatever you contributed up to 5%. So, if you contributed nothing, you got 8% from the company. If you contributed 5%, you got your 5% plus 13% from the company for 18% total. Now, a 0% contribution from you gets 15% from the company and a 5% contribution by you gets your 5% and the companyís 15% for a total of 20%.

Bottom line: if you used to contribute 5% or more and you plan to continue to contribute 5% or more, the contract only increases your contribution by 2% (from the company). If you didnít contribute, itís obviosly a bigger gain since you werenít previously getting the match.

seekingblue
08-22-2018, 10:18 AM
Youíre still not getting it quite right. In the past, the company contributed 8% no matter what you did. Then they matched whatever you contributed up to 5%. So, if you contributed nothing, you got 8% from the company. If you contributed 5%, you got your 5% plus 13% from the company for 18% total. Now, a 0% contribution from you gets 15% from the company and a 5% contribution by you gets your 5% and the companyís 15% for a total of 20%.

Bottom line: if you used to contribute 5% or more and you plan to continue to contribute 5% or more, the contract only increases your contribution by 2% (from the company). If you didnít contribute, itís obviosly a bigger gain since you werenít previously getting the match.

My bad. Thanks for the correction.

Just saying 15% is easier now 😀

Bluedriver
08-22-2018, 10:51 AM
Easy brother. We are both on the same side.

Yes. 8% was company providedó I provided the 5% for a total of 13%.

But the bottom line is we get 15% now and donít have to contribute 5% to unlock any of it.

Still not correct. You got a full 13% from the company, provided you contributed the 5% minimum, for a total of 18% including your 5%.

queue
08-22-2018, 10:52 AM
I’m saying we all need to realize 74% wanted this and we need to move forward.


74% is simply mob rule. It's not the most intelligent nor best solution.



We need to "move forward" and isolate all the flaws of the contract now, and there are MANY. Keep a running list, decide which ones are requirements vs. nice to have, and use that to determine if we can say "mission accomplished" instead of how it was done by the MEC/NC and their surveys. It's far too easy for remove requirements from the criteria we use to arrive at a singable contract. For example, who decided it was acceptable to keep the dependability policy, which is in fact, worse now!?



What we need is a system where a small number of people can introduce a constraint, but only a large majority (e.g.95%) can vote to remove it from being used in negotiations. For example, if 5 people say "we want a snap-up clause", then it becomes a requirement for the company to agree to, or else we push to strike. However, if 95% of all members (not just those who attend or use the ALPA proxy vote scam) vote it down, then it becomes a "nice to have" and therefore disposable at negotiations.



The goal is to set a high bar to meet or else strike. During strike, then we can start picking and choosing what to further convert from requirement to nice-to-have. It's crucial that we decrease our demands *only* after a strike is in play BECAUSE that's the only time we have an immediate bargaining position. The reason we got a bad contract is, besides the MEC/NC & B6 Pilots having low RJ standards, is because we're all complicit in allowing the terms of negotiation to be rewritten outside of strike.

PasserOGas
08-22-2018, 12:01 PM
Easy brother. We are both on the same side.

Yes. 8% was company providedó I provided the 5% for a total of 13%.

But the bottom line is we get 15% now and donít have to contribute 5% to unlock any of it.

Um, no.

It was 8% provided plus a 5% match for a total of 13% from the company. This meant around 18% was going to retirement. 5% from you, 13% from them.

It was a 2% improvement.

Like most of it.

That may be why guys are so jazzed about our pay. Because it is so AWESOME now! And we get a 2% pay raise next year on top of it!? Gonna buy me some hookers and blow with all that scratch.

seekingblue
08-22-2018, 12:06 PM
Um, no.

It was 8% provided plus a 5% match for a total of 13% from the company. This meant around 18% was going to retirement. 5% from you, 13% from them.

It was a 2% improvement.

Like most of it.

That may be why guys are so jazzed about our pay. Because it is so AWESOME now! And we get a 2% pay raise next year on top of it!? Gonna buy me some hookers and blow with all that scratch.

Going on a DR run?

say again
08-22-2018, 01:22 PM
Going on a DR run?

Hopefully it's a longer run...:D

aldonite7667
08-22-2018, 02:38 PM
Um, no.

It was 8% provided plus a 5% match for a total of 13% from the company. This meant around 18% was going to retirement. 5% from you, 13% from them.

It was a 2% improvement.

Like most of it.

That may be why guys are so jazzed about our pay. Because it is so AWESOME now! And we get a 2% pay raise next year on top of it!? Gonna buy me some hookers and blow with all that scratch.


Sigh..... finally..

PasserOGas
08-22-2018, 06:53 PM
Going on a DR run?

I can't afford a Dr. with our (still) crap medical.

Badum tish!

I'll be hear all week.

captsurf
08-23-2018, 04:05 AM
I got a free Eat Up box. Pretty awesome. Enough sodium to cover me for the week too! [emoji1360]




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bozo the pilot
08-23-2018, 01:33 PM
I can't afford a Dr. with our (still) crap medical.

Badum tish!

I'll be hear all week.

Hope you're proofreading your resume more thoroughly than your posts. You hear/here me? ;)

PasserOGas
08-24-2018, 07:52 AM
Hope you're proofreading your resume more thoroughly than your posts. You hear/here me? ;)

Budum tish!