Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Training delay

TheWeatherman
08-24-2018, 05:41 AM
Just a heads up, folks who arrived at Indoc a couple days ago were sent home after in processing and issued a company iPad. There is a delay in training as the E170 sims are starting to get massively backed up. That class will not see he sims until 1 Jan.

Donít panic, this is the norm for all Regionals these days. Republic was just able to hold off the delay more then others. You will still be paid and have your seniority start at your class date.

jpmjpa
08-24-2018, 05:53 AM
Not quite January 1 for sims for that class. Half will hit sims week before Thanksgiving, other half week after Thanksgiving.

ForFlightsSake
08-24-2018, 06:07 AM
I was scheduled for the next class in September, any idea if they will still bring the new hires in or should I work on my contingency plan?

Thank you in advance.

BosoxH60
08-24-2018, 06:08 AM
They must be shutting the sims down for 6 weeks, because the previous class is only scheduled in the sim through the 21st of November.

TheWeatherman
08-24-2018, 06:13 AM
I was scheduled for the next class in September, any idea if they will still bring the new hires in or should I work on my contingency plan?

Thank you in advance.

If you have a class date you are good to go IRT start of pay and seniority. Considering nobody knew the delay was going to happen until yesterday, I donít think anybody has an idea yet for the timeline for the Sept classes. I donít think it will be too bad though.

4V14T0R
08-24-2018, 06:23 AM

Thank you in advance.

Whatís your contingency? Many other airlines have significantly worse delays.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ForFlightsSake
08-24-2018, 07:19 AM
Whatís your contingency? Many other airlines have significantly worse delays.

I would most likely stay with my current job, Republic is my first choice, I just don't want to get stuck without a job or try and pick up short term flying work and then have to bail.

TheWeatherman
08-24-2018, 07:23 AM
I would most likely stay with my current job, Republic is my first choice, I just don't want to get stuck without a job or try and pick up short term flying work and then have to bail.

You realize that with a delay, you get paid the same as if you were in training, or on the line with MMG after 30 days right?

looseombi
08-24-2018, 07:31 AM
How long is this in processing? I'm in the next sept class I go to atp on the 7th.

TheNotoriousPIC
08-24-2018, 08:01 AM
For guys who haven't started class, no need to panic. E170 Sims are in high demand, you've picked a company that will pay you while you wait with all of your benefits and seniority instead of delaying your date of hire like everywhere else.

Use the time to study, there are thousands of pages of training material to go through.

08-24-2018, 08:08 AM
For guys who haven't started class, no need to panic. E170 Sims are in high demand, you've picked a company that will pay you while you wait with all of your benefits and seniority instead of delaying your date of hire like everywhere else.

Use the time to study, there are thousands of pages of training material to go through.

Is there anything you'd suggest to focus on in the study guide sent out? I heard from some to focus on flows but to start that after indoc.

greendotplus10
08-24-2018, 08:36 AM
Earlier this year Republic had the fastest training program. Indoc to IOE completion in 2.5 months. Thatís quite a backup if folks are having to wait until January. But, while at FlightSafety I had a chance to see the simulator schedules and all of the E170 operators were on the list. I suspect the other regionals will be affected even worse.

mfflyer
08-24-2018, 08:37 AM
I was in the 8/21 class for anyone who has specific questions feel free to ask. The original plan was Indoc, Ethos, Systems Review, Panel Trainer, and then sent home to wait a few weeks for sims. Through research/review of their last few classes they decided the gaps in training were not good, and it was better for us training wise to keep the footprint condensed. When they broke the news in my class, all my classmates myself included were pleased. Nothing changes as far as pay/bonus pay out/benefits etc.

FWIW, I was a Piedmont new-hire who sat for months after indoc in complete blackhole darkness. After being told one thing by piedmont recruiters, another thing by indoc instructors, and something completely different by MF, as well as being kept in the complete blackhole darkness, the move to republic was probably the best decision I could have made at this current time. The Indoc experience at Piedmont in my opinion was horrible...Not to sound like the RJet cheerleader but my experience so far with RJet has been wonderful.

Our class was split into two groups, one returning mid September, the other returning beginning of October, and we will all be done with sims by the end of november/beginning of december with this new training timeline.

When they decided to break the news, the entire leadership team was there including Bedford himself. Loved the transparency.

midlifeflysis
08-24-2018, 09:08 AM
I was also in the 8/21 class and completely agree with Mfflyer. So far the experience has been really great. The communications have been clear and transparent, the management apologized multiple times for the "delay" and today we got our schedules for the sept/oct reschedules. We got our iPads and were sent home to start studying the SOPs and FOM. In my opinion this couple week delay will allow me to get ahead and show up better prepped and ready to crank it out. The fact that Bryan Bedford and the full management team showed up and spent over an hour with us taking questions was also very much appreciated. Very happy I chose Republic over some other choices I had. I know this sounds like I am drinking the cool aid - but with all the horror stories you hear in the regional world I am happy with how things have gone so far.

Tpinks
08-24-2018, 09:37 AM
Is there anything you'd suggest to focus on in the study guide sent out? I heard from some to focus on flows but to start that after indoc.

All of it.

You need to know the systems and limitations to pass your oral. You need to know all of your call outs, profiles and flows prior to Sims. Initially focus on the systems to get through your oral but once that's out of the way, profiles/callouts need to take precedence. Because I don't know the schedule of how they are doing it now, you will have to figure out exactly how to prioritize it. Being over prepared once you arrive is a hell of a lot better than trying to play catch up.

People failing are doing so because they are not prepared. From what I have been told, most failures in the sims are people that were expecting to learn everything in the sim. By the second sim session, you really are expected to be accustomed to the sim and mostly know your flows and call outs. After that it's putting everything together in scenarios and refining your maneuvers for the ride.

4V14T0R
08-24-2018, 09:54 AM

As someone already stated. If you experience any delays in training, you will be paid while you wait. They wonít just send you home and not collect a pay check.

greendotplus10
08-24-2018, 10:11 AM
The experiences from the 8/21 class are good to hear. I chose Republic partly because they seemed to have their act together with the training timeline. Yes, all of them pay you while you wait, but we're here to fly aren't we?

The delays seem reasonable and are much better than the other regionals as far as time to training completion.

bscott58d
08-24-2018, 10:22 AM
Thanks for the update everyone. Iím scheduled for the 5 Sept class so expect they will do the same for us since a date to show up is already set. The communication from RJet will be a welcome change compared to PSA

Nh114
08-24-2018, 10:38 AM
The experiences from the 8/21 class are good to hear. I chose Republic partly because they seemed to have their act together with the training timeline. Yes, all of them pay you while you wait, but we're here to fly aren't we?

The delays seem reasonable and are much better than the other regionals as far as time to training completion.

8/21 class as well. Great experience so far. I come from another airline and good communication goes a long way. Republic does a fantastic job keeping everyone in the loop, and even with this minor delay has a solid visible plan. Gives us few weeks to study a bit more, the flying will come soon. Very happy to be starting here!

UnbeatenPath
08-24-2018, 10:41 AM
Big question is...
I have a Sep. 10 ATP-CTP course and a Sep. 18 indoc date. I'm getting ready to put in my 2 weeks for my 135 job. Should I hold off if it will be delayed?

BosoxH60
08-24-2018, 11:27 AM
I was in the 8/21 class for anyone who has specific questions feel free to ask. The original plan was Indoc, Ethos, Systems Review, Panel Trainer, and then sent home to wait a few weeks for sims. Through research/review of their last few classes they decided the gaps in training were not good, and it was better for us training wise to keep the footprint condensed. When they broke the news in my class, all my classmates myself included were pleased. Nothing changes as far as pay/bonus pay out/benefits etc.

FWIW, I was a Piedmont new-hire who sat for months after indoc in complete blackhole darkness. After being told one thing by piedmont recruiters, another thing by indoc instructors, and something completely different by MF, as well as being kept in the complete blackhole darkness, the move to republic was probably the best decision I could have made at this current time. The Indoc experience at Piedmont in my opinion was horrible...Not to sound like the RJet cheerleader but my experience so far with RJet has been wonderful.

Our class was split into two groups, one returning mid September, the other returning beginning of October, and we will all be done with sims by the end of november/beginning of december with this new training timeline.

When they decided to break the news, the entire leadership team was there including Bedford himself. Loved the transparency.

I also left Piedmont to come to Republic, and have the same appreciation for the communication that you mentioned. Somehow, Republic manages to publish a training schedule for new hires covering the next two months; I donít understand how Piedmont canít do the same, at least on a ďrough draftĒ basis. But hey... canít possibly be part of the reason people are leaving before they get sucked in by the mindset of ďonly ____ until I flowĒ.

Nh114
08-24-2018, 11:32 AM
I also left Piedmont to come to Republic, and have the same appreciation for the communication that you mentioned. Somehow, Republic manages to publish a training schedule for new hires covering the next two months; I donít understand how Piedmont canít do the same, at least on a ďrough draftĒ basis. But hey... canít possibly be part of the reason people are leaving before they get sucked in by the mindset of ďonly ____ until I flowĒ.

Well said!

intherightseat
08-24-2018, 11:39 AM
Big question is...
I have a Sep. 10 ATP-CTP course and a Sep. 18 indoc date. I'm getting ready to put in my 2 weeks for my 135 job. Should I hold off if it will be delayed?

Republic is being incredibly honorable in allowing people to come to Indoc, get their training materials (iPad, etc), uniforms, luggage (Luggage Works!), seniority date, benefits, free mac and cheese (most important, obviously), and full pay schedule started even as they go home for 4-6 weeks (depending on the group). In fact, for the 12 or so people in the class that needed extra ME time, they are paying for their flight time (directly to the flight school - no need to reimburse). While I am not one of those, they made it clear that it is NOT coming out of their bonus... I can't imagine another regional being so giving.

Keep in mind - once you are hired by Republic, you cannot do any flying for compensation or hire - YX owns your commercial flying from there on out. It's a Part 117 tracking thing and it'd be too complicated to keep track of outside commercial flying otherwise. Feel free to fly for fun/charity/etc but you won't be doing any flying for your Part 135 operator while on break. You will be getting paid, however, to study on your own terms at home before you return for the main part of indoc, etc.

The delay is truly a blessing in disguise - we have our seniority numbers, paid time off to study, and a normal training footprint with the upfront delay so we stay fresh during training. I hadn't spoken to a single person in class that spoke negatively of their time thus far or the result of the delay. As others have mentioned, this company has been impressively transparent and their level of communication is better than I've seen at most companies - aviation industry or not.

While I'm not one for kool-aid, as of now, I'm happy to order a round of what YX has been serving us. Couldn't be more thrilled with my decision. FWIW.

looseombi
08-24-2018, 11:46 AM
You know about the ME time for the next class to?

What about flight instruction while on the delay? I have a couple students I could finish up.

intherightseat
08-24-2018, 11:56 AM
You know about the ME time for the next class to?

What about flight instruction while on the delay? I have a couple students I could finish up.

The ME flight time could be unique to our class since it was such an abrupt thing. Speak to your recruiter. I wish I could give you more info but I'm just sharing our experience. YMMV.

You cannot flight instruct once you get hired. Maybe if you do it for free? If you look at your CFI cert, it says it must be accompanied by your commercial cert... so if you're exercising the privies of your commercial cert.... that's a grey area. Up to you... Somebody smarter than I could prob chime in and help. Personally, I wouldn't risk my future with YX for a few extra bucks.

Goose Lives
08-24-2018, 02:49 PM
You'll make a lot more money flying the line than CFI'ing. If that's something you are passionate about though, you could to it probono (not that I recomend that). At least get some beer out of the deal. We all know a couple guys on the line who do a bit on the side under the table, but once again that's playing with fire. Also good luck explaining that to the company once something happens.

You made it to the big leagues! Stop grinding it out in the practice area/pattern and enjoy the ups and downs of the line! :cool:

Chancellor
08-24-2018, 03:07 PM
The ME flight time could be unique to our class since it was such an abrupt thing. Speak to your recruiter. I wish I could give you more info but I'm just sharing our experience. YMMV.

You cannot flight instruct once you get hired. Maybe if you do it for free? If you look at your CFI cert, it says it must be accompanied by your commercial cert... so if you're exercising the privies of your commercial cert.... that's a grey area. Up to you... Somebody smarter than I could prob chime in and help. Personally, I wouldn't risk my future with YX for a few extra bucks.

Yes and No. Yes, if you are on reserve or an active line holding pilot, do not flight instruct for money. However, this training delay, break is basically a vacation. There are no restrictions against part 117 right now that you have to worry about since you are not even typed yet. There won't be any harm in finishing up some students and making some extra money. Just be sure to study as necessary.

TheNotoriousPIC
08-24-2018, 03:39 PM
Yes and No. Yes, if you are on reserve or an active line holding pilot, do not flight instruct for money. However, this training delay, break is basically a vacation. There are no restrictions against part 117 right now that you have to worry about since you are not even typed yet. There won't be any harm in finishing up some students and making some extra money. Just be sure to study as necessary.

They told us in no uncertain terms not to do any commercial flying, instructing included, during the delay in training. People asked, the answer was no.

Spend the time studying, you are still getting paid and there is a lot of material to cover.

Squawk1200
08-24-2018, 05:47 PM
Can someone elaborate a little bit more about how the pay would be structured for this delay. Will there still be the 30 day stipend and first part of bonus, then the 75 hour pay? Or have they worked it a different way? Thanks !

TheWeatherman
08-24-2018, 05:56 PM
Can someone elaborate a little bit more about how the pay would be structured for this delay. Will there still be the 30 day stipend and first part of bonus, then the 75 hour pay? Or have they worked it a different way? Thanks !
Nothing changes, as already stated about 3 times.

intherightseat
08-24-2018, 07:01 PM
They told us in no uncertain terms not to do any commercial flying, instructing included, during the delay in training. People asked, the answer was no.

Spend the time studying, you are still getting paid and there is a lot of material to cover.

This.

Chancellor, it's not a part 117 thing, it's a YX company policy with roots/reasoning based in managing flight times and complying with 117. Bottom line, it's a company policy - once you're hired (to begin training as a FO/CA), no commercial flying of any kind, line status or not.

looseombi, as Goose said, it's playing with fire - I'd stay away from violating a company policy that they explicitly go over...

VASBYT
08-24-2018, 07:15 PM

Just curious, how many were in your class? There were 47 in the class before you.

MustangMan
08-24-2018, 07:19 PM
Does anyone know if these training delays are for new hires only or are they carrying over to upgrade classes as well?

Jungle Jim
08-24-2018, 07:33 PM
You delayed guys get your travel benefits yet? :D

814Pilot
08-24-2018, 10:36 PM
Just curious, how many were in your class? There were 47 in the class before you.

There were 57 of them

Thunder Pig
08-25-2018, 12:46 AM
If youíre scheduled for an interview (meaning no class date yet), once hired Iím assuming this delay means class dates will be backed up and new hires wonít be given the same sweet deal you all got out of this?

jt130
08-25-2018, 02:35 AM
Are all the Sims in STL, or do they use other sites too?

Random Task
08-25-2018, 04:19 AM
Are all the Sims in STL, or do they use other sites too?

Lately new hires have also been using Cincinnati, which was previously only used for upgrade and Atp-Ctp

TheWeatherman
08-25-2018, 05:20 AM
If you’re scheduled for an interview (meaning no class date yet), once hired I’m assuming this delay means class dates will be backed up and new hires won’t be given the same sweet deal you all got out of this?
Nobody knows for sure unless somebody from recruiting/training posts in here which I highly doubt. It's not like they let the pilot group in on every detail. The only reason I knew is because I was around HQ recently.

The recruiting department is hitting it out of the park as far as the number of people they are bringing in. More then expected, and since sim time is booked (I am guessing here) months in advanced, maybe longer, it takes a while to adjust to the influx. Hence the delay in training.

There was some talk about slowing down hiring, but they are not doing that at this time. They are planning years in advance and know the retirements both internally and at the Majors are coming. Plus there are big plans to expand, both organically and possibly through acquisitions (they will not do a merger). The order for 100 new aircraft will be additional aircrraft to our current fleet and will NOT be used to replace older aircraft. There is an option on the order for more planes, that will be used to replace older aircraft and possibly more growth, but that won't be until the mid 2020s. So in 5 years Republic's fleet could be 100 aircraft higher. That will take a lot more pilots then we currently have.

Fact is that due to our Regional industry leading on time performance and reliability 2 out of the 3 Majors wants a lot more flying out of us and money is coming in to fund it.

jt130
08-25-2018, 05:58 AM
Will all the classes be AQP soon?

intherightseat
08-25-2018, 11:08 AM
Will all the classes be AQP soon?

They have to let the people currently in AQP initial run the full course before they can approve a new AQP class per the FAA. So expect an update on that when they finish and the process has been evaluated. And for the inevitable follow up question, no, I donít know when that is :p

jt130
08-25-2018, 11:45 AM
I wasnít going to ask ďWhen that isĒ...ok, I was... so thanks

Longleaf7
08-27-2018, 09:57 AM

This.

Longleaf7
08-27-2018, 10:04 AM

Memory items and limitations. Go through ethos, study the AFM. Be able to talk about the switches, buttons all the systems of the aircraft. Study flows and call outs. If you think youíve got a good handle on everything, keep studying! Pace yourself. Review. Everyday. Like your job depends on it.

Remember, youíre still getting paid, so put at least 40 hours a week into it. Minimum.

glassnpowder98
08-27-2018, 11:26 AM
There was some talk about slowing down hiring, but they are not doing that at this time. They are planning years in advance and know the retirements both internally and at the Majors are coming. Plus there are big plans to expand, both organically and possibly through acquisitions (they will not do a merger). The order for 100 new aircraft will be additional aircrraft to our current fleet and will NOT be used to replace older aircraft. There is an option on the order for more planes, that will be used to replace older aircraft and possibly more growth, but that won't be until the mid 2020s. So in 5 years Republic's fleet could be 100 aircraft higher. That will take a lot more pilots then we currently have.

There are some interesting statements in this paragraph contrary to what the current rumors are and in addition to what has been released by the company. Do you care to add some type of reference other than just being around HQ? Specifically to the order for 100 airframes not going to be replacing older airframes, acquisitions, and which one of the big three doesnít want us to do more flying for them?

08-27-2018, 05:31 PM
Memory items and limitations. Go through ethos, study the AFM. Be able to talk about the switches, buttons all the systems of the aircraft. Study flows and call outs. If you think youíve got a good handle on everything, keep studying! Pace yourself. Review. Everyday. Like your job depends on it.

Remember, youíre still getting paid, so put at least 40 hours a week into it. Minimum.

I havenít started indoc yet. Are you saying start this after indoc if weíre put into a delay? I assumed I would study the obvious things for where we are at in training when I get there, but thatís before the delay talk.

Random Task
08-27-2018, 06:27 PM

Yeah gonna have to echo the poster above and say that's a whole lot of information that no one has said anywhere so where are you getting all that?

ORD170
08-27-2018, 07:20 PM
Nobody knows for sure unless somebody from recruiting/training posts in here which I highly doubt. It's not like they let the pilot group in on every detail. The only reason I knew is because I was around HQ recently.

The recruiting department is hitting it out of the park as far as the number of people they are bringing in. More then expected, and since sim time is booked (I am guessing here) months in advanced, maybe longer, it takes a while to adjust to the influx. Hence the delay in training.

Fact is that due to our Regional industry leading on time performance and reliability 2 out of the 3 Majors wants a lot more flying out of us and money is coming in to fund it.

If republic does a acquisition, then most certainly that will result in a merger of seniority list. No the legacies do not care about your performance as much as they care about $$$. Past practice says they will go cheap.

Any growth will have to result in mainline concessions (most likely UA), and god I hope they donít give in! Although Kirby certainly hopes they give in to more RJs.

Why would any regional slow down hiring now?

Tpinks
08-28-2018, 10:24 AM
This.

Chancellor, it's not a part 117 thing, it's a YX company policy with roots/reasoning based in managing flight times and complying with 117. Bottom line, it's a company policy - once you're hired (to begin training as a FO/CA), no commercial flying of any kind, line status or not.

looseombi, as Goose said, it's playing with fire - I'd stay away from violating a company policy that they explicitly go over...

Your not a Republic "Pilot" until you complete your training. His point was that until then, there is absolutely no interaction with pt117 for any flying done outside of republic. Only flying for a certificate holder counts towards pt117. Pt61 instructions, banner towing, skydivers, survey, pipeline etc would not even count against 117 times even if he was an active "Pilot".

With that being said, it is a company policy to not fly for hire outside of Republic. I'm not going to advocate one way or the other on the subject, but remember a new hire has no protections from the union until their year mark when they come off probation and they could be terminated for any reason by the company.

Brokeoutatmins
08-28-2018, 10:54 AM
Does anyone know about the company policy on non-flying work while waiting for sims?

4V14T0R
08-28-2018, 10:56 AM
Does anyone know about the company policy on non-flying work while waiting for sims?

I donít think they care. Do it at your own risk. Make sure to give yourself time to study.

intherightseat
08-28-2018, 11:37 AM
Your not a Republic "Pilot" until you complete your training. His point was that until then, there is absolutely no interaction with pt117 for any flying done outside of republic. Only flying for a certificate holder counts towards pt117. Pt61 instructions, banner towing, skydivers, survey, pipeline etc would not even count against 117 times even if he was an active "Pilot".

With that being said, it is a company policy to not fly for hire outside of Republic. I'm not going to advocate one way or the other on the subject, but remember a new hire has no protections from the union until their year mark when they come off probation and they could be terminated for any reason by the company.

Which is precisely why I specified a company policy with roots in Part 117 (and of course not their only reasoning for such a policy...), not a violation of the regulation itself. I think I was pretty clear, as is the policy. Again, was addressed specifically by management - starting day one, you’re employed. No outside flying. Asked and answered. End of the day, who cares if it’s Part 1234567. Company policy.

How does one want to start their 121 career?

You make a great point about lack of protection, but I implore anybody to not start off by thinking about what they can get away with because they’re protected vs. not... save that fun for later on when deciding whether or not to wear the hat with the blazer on :p

TheWeatherman
08-28-2018, 11:46 AM
There are some interesting statements in this paragraph contrary to what the current rumors are and in addition to what has been released by the company. Do you care to add some type of reference other than just being around HQ? Specifically to the order for 100 airframes not going to be replacing older airframes, acquisitions, and which one of the big three doesn’t want us to do more flying for them?
Look, I couldn't care less what rumor you or anybody else choose to believe. If you must know, the source was one of the Sr. VPs, that is all you are going to get out of me. The first 100 will be growth, not replacements.

intherightseat
08-28-2018, 11:54 AM
Look, I couldn't care less what rumor you or anybody else choose to believe. If you must know, the source was one of the Sr. VPs, that is all you are going to get out of me. The first 100 will be growth, not replacements.

I can vouch for that statement - senior leadership Q&A on our last day covered this question for our class.

joefly
08-28-2018, 12:24 PM
Might sound like a dumb question but when studying flows were suppose to study both FO and Captain flows right?

TheNotoriousPIC
08-28-2018, 12:26 PM
Might sound like a dumb question but when studying flows were suppose to study both FO and Captain flows right?

Study flows for PF and PM. Studying captain flow might help a bit in the sim but don't do it at the expense of learning what you actually need to know.

greendotplus10
08-28-2018, 12:29 PM

Youíll be tested on FO flows only, so definitely focus on those. But, youíll help your sim partner out if you can be a good captain when sitting in the left seat. I made a cheat sheet on my iPad with the major items in captain flows

joefly
08-28-2018, 12:49 PM
Thanks for the replyís!

Lostboys97
08-28-2018, 10:15 PM
I can vouch for that statement - senior leadership Q&A on our last day covered this question for our class.

Donít drink that kookaid. Same leadership which said the pilots gotta sign that 2015 CBA or theyíll have to file bankruptcy. Guess what happened anyway......🙄

intherightseat
08-28-2018, 10:59 PM
Donít read into it. Iím vouching for his statement, not if management is being forthcoming or not. Just sharing that he didnít pull it out of his %#%.

TheWeatherman
08-29-2018, 06:26 AM
Donít drink that kookaid. Same leadership which said the pilots gotta sign that 2015 CBA or theyíll have to file bankruptcy. Guess what happened anyway......🙄
Nobody is drinking kool aid, this isn't Skywest.

814Pilot
08-29-2018, 09:06 AM

And you need to leave 2015. Itís 2018. Times are different. I know some people canít accept that

Lostboys97
08-29-2018, 09:51 AM
And you need to leave 2015. Itís 2018. Times are different. I know some people canít accept that

A leopard never changes its spots!

FollowMe
08-29-2018, 11:52 AM

Right, as in pilots have the market position to demand increases without major concessions, i.e. scope relief. 100 airframe growth needs scope relief or major reorganization of the regional fleet. While one of those is somewhat likely, it is not concrete enough to support 100 airframe growth absent signed CPAs.

Lostboys97
08-29-2018, 12:57 PM

Youíre asking about take home pay, yet critiquing me about 2015? Please. Whenís your type ride?

LoitaHills
08-29-2018, 06:57 PM

08/14/18 BB, meet and greet with the 08/07 New Hires and upgrades. 100 additional airframes. Deliveries starting late 2019, early 2020.

Paid2fly
08-29-2018, 08:08 PM

Question for ya... What major or combination thereof has enough scope left for 100 EMB-175 aircraft?:confused::confused:

mfflyer
08-29-2018, 09:57 PM
Question for ya... What major or combination thereof has enough scope left for 100 EMB-175 aircraft?:confused::confused:

You tell us? we can put tin hats on all days gents...but more then a few guys (including myself) were told this straight from the top (which was commendable). Take it with a grain a salt, a shot or what ever floats your boat it is what it is. :cool:

TheWeatherman
08-30-2018, 07:07 AM
Why don't you ask them yourself next time you are in Indy and report back to us? Thanks in advance.

dera
08-30-2018, 09:23 AM

Alaska can grow :)

DiveAndDrive
08-30-2018, 10:16 AM
What's Southwest's scope clause? I keed I keed...

4V14T0R
08-30-2018, 12:40 PM
I think there may be room with Delta after the A220 comes. IIRC, thereís an additional 70 airframes that can be added with the addition of the A220.

170driver
08-30-2018, 02:31 PM
I think there may be room with Delta after the A220 comes. IIRC, thereís an additional 70 airframes that can be added with the addition of the A220.

More regionals will be coming for UA one way or another. By way of mainline pilots selling out for $$$ or a New Small Narrowbody order by UA unlocking like 70 more airframes. It will happen one way or another though, ALPA is talking tough but scope has eroded consistently for the last 30 years u fortunately. It doesnít help us in the long run, but thatís the way it is for now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Tpinks
08-31-2018, 05:22 PM

Not delta, they got those planes when they brought the 717 on.

United Still has room for more without any change to their scope agreement via a New Small Narrow Body order, which is defined as either the Ejet or C series.

American still has room as well as their scope does not specifically set numbers, but rather ratios between Eagle and mainline. They seem to be reconfiguring CRJ7 with fewer seats so they can count them as small regional jets which opens up room for larger jets.

pilot2804
09-04-2018, 04:16 PM
Anyone from the 9/4 class hear anything about the delay?

glassnpowder98
09-04-2018, 06:49 PM

Thanks for the info, Iím just trying to piece together this puzzle as much as the next guy... About a year ago I was in the school house for upgrade and asked BB what his plan was for solidifying new hires coming through the door. Within that year we have Lift and an LOA. Times are changing rapidly- fortunately right now itís for the better.

pilot2804
09-05-2018, 09:41 AM
Those of you who are RATP and came in between 975-1000 hours, I heard they were going to pay for the last amount of time you need while youíre on this delay. Is that for just multi time, or for total time as well?

DiveAndDrive
09-05-2018, 09:58 AM
9/4 class got pushed to 9/5 just to accommodate written tests and Labor Day. The class was split into two groups. The first group will begin actually training 10/29, with a completion of systems integration 12/5. EFPT/Oral/Sim is TBD. The second group will start training 11/7 and conclude integration on 12/19. EFPT/Oral/Sims TBD.

ChopNDrop
09-05-2018, 10:21 AM
Those of you who are RATP and came in between 975-1000 hours, I heard they were going to pay for the last amount of time you need while youíre on this delay. Is that for just multi time, or for total time as well?

I wouldn't count on that. I think that was a one time deal with the 8/24 class since they were the first ones to get delayed. Everyone else is expecting delays, so more than likely that offer won't be extended to other classes

170driver
09-05-2018, 10:28 AM
9/4 class got pushed to 9/5 just to accommodate written tests and Labor Day. The class was split into two groups. The first group will begin actually training 10/29, with a completion of systems integration 12/5. EFPT/Oral/Sim is TBD. The second group will start training 11/7 and conclude integration on 12/19. EFPT/Oral/Sims TBD.

Actually a pretty good deal because they will all be on min guarantee after 30 days. With a seniority number.

ChopNDrop
09-05-2018, 10:36 AM
Actually a pretty good deal because they will all be on min guarantee after 30 days. With a seniority number.

As long as hiring is happening its a GREAT deal imo

TheWeatherman
09-05-2018, 01:47 PM
Those of you who are RATP and came in between 975-1000 hours, I heard they were going to pay for the last amount of time you need while you’re on this delay. Is that for just multi time, or for total time as well?
Never heard of that program. Sounds too good to be true....

It got mentioned earlier in this thread by one person that it happened "to some guy in my class". You'll find out really quickly in the airline industry how reliable those types of stories are.

It wasn't straight from the horses mouth so who knows if he missed some details or was making some assumptions. He never responded to questions, so I assume he wasn't really sure himself.

So I am going to say no, they will not pay for your time while in training delay. So until some type of official program is announced, plan accordingly.

170driver
09-05-2018, 02:20 PM
As long as hiring is happening its a GREAT deal imo

100 airplanes to staff. Weíre not gonna stop hiring.

09-06-2018, 08:02 AM

How long were they in Indy till they were sent home? One day?

DiveAndDrive
09-06-2018, 10:11 AM
Wednesday through Friday. 9/5 through 9/7.

Random Task
09-06-2018, 09:25 PM
Do we know how big the 9/5 class was?

DiveAndDrive
09-07-2018, 02:18 AM
40 people.

pilot2804
09-07-2018, 03:33 AM
They being pretty transparent with yíall? Have you heard anything about them paying for your last needed hours and it not coming from your bonus like the last class?

bscott58d
09-07-2018, 04:05 AM
They being pretty transparent with yíall? Have you heard anything about them paying for your last needed hours and it not coming from your bonus like the last class?

Weíve had a Q/A session the CEO and VP of training, and Flight Ops. They are being upfront for sure about the delay but no one has asked about flying hours coming from the bonus.
We are here through today leaving tonight and tomorrow. Class is being split coming back end of Oct/ beginning of Nov. the delay is due to sims not being available. We were told hiring for the next few months will be more selective to eliminate the bubble.
We have a seniority number and pay has started, with extra time to study now so canít complain.

TheWeatherman
09-14-2018, 07:40 AM
I've got 250 hours left, should be done by the end of December. Any chance I could go to ATP/CTP early, get an early January class date and then sit and wait? I've got a small 3 day trip planned towards the end of January but I don't want to push back my training if I can somehow work around it.
A guy in my ATP/CTP class had a previous engagement planned right after CTP, so he didn't go right into our INDOC class but went into the next one that started 2 weeks later. Ended up making him $5000 because as soon as we started indoc they announced starting with the next new hire class bonuses were going up $5000. Lucky bastered.

Moral of the story, anything is negotiable. You'll have to ask them, but they have made accommodations in the past. Now that they have more then enough applicants, they may not be as willing. But it never hurts to ask.

Lostboys97
09-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Ended up making him $5000 because as soon as we started indoc they announced starting with the next new hire class bonuses were going up $5000.

Whatís the bonus level now?

twebb
09-14-2018, 08:33 AM
Ended up making him $5000 because as soon as we started indoc they announced starting with the next new hire class bonuses were going up $5000. Lucky bastered.

The bonus is $22,500 now?

DiveAndDrive
09-14-2018, 10:21 AM
17,500 now.

twebb
09-14-2018, 11:19 AM
It's been 17500 since at least may. I think it was 12,500 in January, then went up a month later or so to 17,500.

pilot2804
09-17-2018, 01:41 PM
9/18 probably gonna be delayed as well. Let us know!

Mantis Toboggan
09-17-2018, 02:21 PM
Does Republic delay sims for holidays? Or straight through Xmas MLK weekend etc?

TheWeatherman
09-17-2018, 02:34 PM
Does Republic delay sims for holidays? Or straight through Xmas MLK weekend etc?
Can't say what they do currently, but in the past they sent you home for a few days and reimbursed you up to $400 for the airline ticket or mileage if you drove. Pretty good deal.

Flightcap
09-17-2018, 04:05 PM
During my training (November 2015) they passed around a sign up sheet for folks to write down where they wanted to go for the Thanksgiving holiday. Everyone got positive space tickets to/from their desired destinations. We got several days off; I can't remember exactly how many.

DiveAndDrive
09-17-2018, 05:30 PM
Homework assignment for the 9/18 class:

Tell us...
How long the delay for y'all is.
How many people are in your class.
What base assignments y'all get.

I'm trying to get out of EWR :p

mfflyer
09-17-2018, 06:50 PM

When I asked, I was told sims do not operate during holidays but there was no guarantee of having the day before/after off (AKA thanksgiving). Will def be nice if I'm able to PS home and back that's for sure.

mfflyer
09-17-2018, 06:51 PM

Tell us...

11 of us from the 8/21 got EWR (I bid LGA and got EWR). What's it like? The first group of us are heading back tomorrow to finish INDOC.

DiveAndDrive
09-17-2018, 08:03 PM
Iím a 9/5 hire, so I donít know. I just want Chicago cause itís closest to me. Haha. I should be asking YOU what itís like... ďitĒ being all the training youíre going to be going through now.

pilot2804
09-18-2018, 08:29 AM
🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐🧐

looseombi
09-18-2018, 05:54 PM

Tell us...

2 months
TBD

pilot2804
09-19-2018, 02:02 AM
2 months
TBD

What day do yíall report back? 2 months is slightly before thanksgiving 😅

Cobra Commander
09-19-2018, 04:25 AM

Tell us...

Cletus, how difficult is the commute to EWR from your trailer in Hazard County and are those Duke boys really at it again?

majorpilot
09-19-2018, 10:47 AM
Cletus, how difficult is the commute to EWR from your trailer in Hazard County and are those Duke boys really at it again?

This is the funniest thing Iíve read today, thank you.

09-19-2018, 03:47 PM
Half got 11/17 half got 12/11 starts. Both are home over Christmas, first one is in indoc over thanksgiving

Paid2fly
09-19-2018, 04:11 PM
cletus, how difficult is the commute to ewr from your trailer in hazard county and are those duke boys really at it again?

;)

:)

:d

DiveAndDrive
09-19-2018, 04:15 PM
To those who shared about the 9/18 class date, thank you.

To the Cletus comment, that's funny as hell. What's ironic is I'm not from the south, nor do I use "y'all" (or any of its derivatives) in spoken conversation. I only use it typed exchanges. Haha

Paid2fly
09-19-2018, 04:53 PM
To those who shared about the 9/18 class date, thank you.

To the Cletus comment, that's funny as hell. What's ironic is I'm not from the south, nor do I use "y'all" (or any of its derivatives) in spoken conversation. I only use it typed exchanges. Haha

OK, sure... but what about the "Duke boys"?

DiveAndDrive
09-19-2018, 05:01 PM
The fact I'm a good 'ole boy meaning no harm is completely besides the point....

pilot2804
09-19-2018, 06:44 PM
Half got 11/17 half got 12/11 starts. Both are home over Christmas, first one is in indoc over thanksgiving

Gonna be a nice long delay for the classes after you it looks like due to the holidays

TurbineSuburban
09-19-2018, 06:52 PM

So a 9/18 start date pilot isn't returning until 12/11? So for some its a 2 months of paid vacation and others it is 3 months? Not a bad deal... Sounds like the perfect start date would be mid October, get paid to have the holidays off and show back up in the new year.

Do they expect the training delays to continue to get longer and longer? I guess if they're going to commit to allowing new hires to gain seniority and be paid, it's a good deal.

pacificapt
09-19-2018, 11:59 PM
Will the class being sent home have flight benefits on that 2-3 month wait?

pilot2804
09-20-2018, 02:33 AM
Will the class being sent home have flight benefits on that 2-3 month wait?

Someone stated you still get paid, seniority and your benefits still start after 30 days (or sooner depending how quick the mainlines are with your access)

09-20-2018, 02:49 AM
Flight benefits will start 30 days after hire. Might have access to the websites to list but we were told mainline wonít let you use them till after 30 days.

Paid time with seniority number. I heard a comment however that after this class there arenít any more delays. Not sure how they would handle all of that though

pilot2804
09-20-2018, 02:56 AM
Flight benefits will start 30 days after hire. Might have access to the websites to list but we were told mainline wonít let you use them till after 30 days.

Paid time with seniority number. I heard a comment however that after this class there arenít any more delays. Not sure how they would handle all of that though

10/2 got an email with a tentative schedule and it only has the first 3 days, and traveling back on 10/5. No word on what their delays are looking like

09-20-2018, 03:24 AM
10/2 got an email with a tentative schedule and it only has the first 3 days, and traveling back on 10/5. No word on what their delays are looking like

Oh cool well if delays are a positive for you Iím glad Iím wrong!

njd1
09-20-2018, 08:57 AM
I'm currently in sims in St. Louis. The sims are so backed up that my sim sessions have been encroaching on the maintenance window (2-6AM). I got out of the sim between 2:30-3:00AM for the first four sims. This morning I walked out of the building at 3:45AM and when we stopped about 25 minutes prior the sim next to us was still moving. The sim shortage is real and will be the limiting factor in training for the foreseeable future.

Which brings me to point out...

Most people in the program seem to be lacking in either MCDU (FMS) programming skills or knowledge of flows and profiles (callouts). A few people in my class clearly did not study and had no business being anywhere near an EFPT, let alone a sim, but somehow they muddled through EFPT to get to the sims. Rather than point fingers I'll just say that if you are weak in the EFPTs you will drown in the sims as everything is accelerated.

The instructors were forced to decouple at least two crews in my class and send the more proficient people home so the less proficient people could get their act together. Unfortunately, these slackers are taking up more sim sessions / slots that could otherwise be put to good use.

You'll hear this during indoc and systems classes from the various sim instructors that will stop by, but I'll repeat it anyway: stay late every night in systems with the MCDU / systems trainers until you can program the box in 15 minutes or less, and know your flows and profiles cold before EFPT.

Learning all of this stuff was an understandably tall order for my class as we sailed right through (i.e. we had basically no delays between indoc, systems and EFPTs) but for those that are coming in now, being given an ipad with Ethos and sent home for more than 2 weeks there is NO EXCUSE not to know this stuff cold before EFPT, let alone sims. Do yourself and everyone else who uses the E170 sims in St Louis a favor -- STUDY your ass off and finish the program on schedule.

TheWeatherman
09-20-2018, 09:10 AM
I'm currently in sims in St. Louis. The sims are so backed up that my sim sessions have been encroaching on the maintenance window (2-6AM). I got out of the sim between 2:30-3:00AM for the first four sims. This morning I walked out of the building at 3:45AM and when we stopped about 25 minutes prior the sim next to us was still moving. The sim shortage is real and will be the limiting factor in training for the foreseeable future.

Most people in the program seem to be lacking in either MCDU (FMS) programming skills or knowledge of flows and profiles (callouts). A few people in my class clearly did not study and had no business being anywhere near an EFPT, let alone a sim, but somehow they muddled through EFPT to get to the sims. Rather than point fingers I'll just say that if you are weak in the EFPTs you will drown in the sims as everything is accelerated.

The instructors were forced to decouple at least two crews in my class and send the more proficient people home so the less proficient people could get their act together. Unfortunately, these slackers are taking up more sim sessions / slots that could otherwise be put to good use.

You'll hear this during indoc and systems classes from the various sim instructors that will stop by, but I'll repeat it anyway: stay late every night in systems with the MCDU / systems trainers until you can program the box in 15 minutes or less, and know your flows and profiles cold before EFPT.

Learning all of this stuff was an understandably tall order for my class as we sailed right through (i.e. we had basically no delays between indoc, systems and EFPTs) but for those that are coming in now, being given an ipad with Ethos and sent home for more than 2 weeks there is NO EXCUSE not to know this stuff cold before EFPT, let alone sims. Do yourself and everyone else who uses the E170 sims in St Louis a favor -- STUDY your ass off and finish the program on schedule.
Great post, and with the Sim shortage and overflow of new hires I suspect the company will have a much quicker trigger terminating someone who is not prepared.

170driver
09-20-2018, 09:18 AM
Great post, and with the Sim shortage and overflow of new hires I suspect the company will have a much quicker trigger terminating someone who is not prepared.

This. Do not think you can slack because there is a ďpilot shortageĒ they wonít blink an eye if youíre not putting the effort forth.

njd1
09-20-2018, 09:42 AM
This. Do not think you can slack because there is a ďpilot shortageĒ they wonít blink an eye if youíre not putting the effort forth

The general consensus among the instructors is that times have changed. Previously if a guy didn't make it past procedures training he would be let go, but then management figured out that the very same people they had let go were hired by others (*cough*Mesa*cough*) and winding up at the very same sims in St. Louis, only to pass training with a bulk of the training cost paid for by Republic. So now they give extra training to those who are clearly putting in the effort but maybe need a bit of extra help so at the end they invest a little more and get another pilot on the line.

That said, however, if you simply don't study, particularly early on with systems training, it will be obvious and you will be let go. This is in no way a "no show" or "gimme" job. Oh, and just because the company hires you does not mean you have the skills or ability to get through training. I'm on sim 5 of 8 before my checkride and I still have my doubts as to whether I'll pass my checkride. This is NOT EASY.

Jungle Jim
09-20-2018, 09:53 AM

Spot on all points. Adding to this...

It's VERY easy to slip through the cracks and show up in STL underprepared -- or in the specific case njd1 is talking about, barely prepared at all. It was the culmination of many weeks of being distracted by outside things, and most importantly, not working with his sim partner or participating in group study. It's a matter of prioritizing what's important, and if this isn't going to be the most important thing in your life right now, then you should probably quit. Guys would have been washed out after indoc in a different hiring environment no questions asked. If you're the guy that no one sees in group study or studying with your sim partner into the wee hours, you're probably not going to be the guy to make it to the line. They can only feed you a small fraction of the information during class hours; the bulk must be got on your own and working with others.

The training department wants everyone to succeed, and they'll go out of their way to accommodate everyone, but A LOT of that is predicated on the student letting them know exactly what they need. If you are still struggling with anything, there is ample time between all training events to get caught up. You just have to be able to put your big boy pants on, swallow your pride, and ask for it. Don't be afraid to ask for more EFPT, more nights in IND to work on the FMS trainers, or more time (i.e. hotel nights, travel, etc.) with your sim partner going through flows and callouts. Do your sim partner, every instructor, and all the other students a favor and show up, beyond the shadow of a doubt, ready to rock and roll. The sims come hard and fast, and there isn't time to dick around with basic training that should have been had weeks before. Any weaknesses/unpreparedness is going to come out glaring and tenfold. FMS, flows, callouts need to be absolutely proficient, and FOM/SOP knowledge needs to be solid.

greendotplus10
09-20-2018, 10:12 AM
This is in no way a "no show" or "gimme" job. Oh, and just because the company hires you does not mean you have the skills or ability to get through training. I'm on sim 5 of 8 before my checkride and I still have my doubts as to whether I'll pass my checkride. This is NOT EASY.

A few guys in my class had previous 121 time and/or jet time, and they didnít make it through the sims. That just goes to show that nothing can really replace the study effort required. The sim is for learning the hand/eye coordination and communication skills, not the stuff that you should have known many weeks prior. Find the way(s) that work for you to learn what you need to know before you start burning through your sim lessons. For some that means writing or typing notes, creating diagrams and tables, talking with classmates, and/or chair flying. Some learn better in groups, and others will need some alone time.

looseombi
09-20-2018, 01:56 PM
Ethos unfortunately was not unlocked for those of us in this latest class. They wanted us to focus on the manuals and then jump on ethos during that two week time period. My biggest concern in all of this is the FMS functions so having access to that on Ethos would've been nice.

BosoxH60
09-20-2018, 02:07 PM
Ethos unfortunately was not unlocked for those of us in this latest class. They wanted us to focus on the manuals and then jump on ethos during that two week time period. My biggest concern in all of this is the FMS functions so having access to that on Ethos would've been nice.

Honeywell FMS Pilot's guide is in Comply.
You'll get plenty of opportunity to practice actually getting to push buttons on the FMS in systems, and the program they have has some canned ACARS messages so you can actually get atis, your clearance, and takeoff data.

metalfeather
09-20-2018, 03:16 PM
I am waiting until late October for Indoc. Until then the Republic supplemental study guide is my bible. I memorized the panel locations and sometimes sit in the passenger seat of my car to practice flows and profiles. If I get really crazy I can find a YX flight and walk through the taxi, departure, arrival and approach.

Thing is, this only helps if the study guide is accurate. Are the flows and profiles in the study guide the same as the ones used in the sims/flights?

Since I don't have access to Comply yet, what publicly available publications or documents would you recommend?

BosoxH60
09-20-2018, 04:44 PM
I am waiting until late October for Indoc. Until then the Republic supplemental study guide is my bible. I memorized the panel locations and sometimes sit in the passenger seat of my car to practice flows and profiles. If I get really crazy I can find a YX flight and walk through the taxi, departure, arrival and approach.

Thing is, this only helps if the study guide is accurate. Are the flows and profiles in the study guide the same as the ones used in the sims/flights?

Since I don't have access to Comply yet, what publicly available publications or documents would you recommend?

Study all the limitations in the study guide (weights, etc) not just those that are bold and underlined.

If you have revision 1 of the study guide, that should be the most up to date.

Longhornmaniac8
09-28-2018, 01:24 PM
I know it's everyone's best guess, but is there any reason to think these training delays won't continue? I'm in the 11/6 class, and was told to expect a delay.

Hopefully they don't get longer; it didn't seem like they did from the first August class that was announced as a delay through the 9/18 class.

NFGCDCTL
09-28-2018, 01:30 PM
Where can one find this Supplemental Study Guide?

Goose Lives
09-28-2018, 01:47 PM
Where can one find this Supplemental Study Guide?

Comply
Flight Ops - Reference materials - Supplemental Study Guide

greendotplus10
09-28-2018, 01:53 PM
I know it's everyone's best guess, but is there any reason to think these training delays won't continue? I'm in the 11/6 class, and was told to expect a delay.

Hopefully they don't get longer; it didn't seem like they did from the first August class that was announced as a delay through the 9/18 class.

If the bottleneck is full motion sim availability, I think the problem will persist or worsen as all of the E170 operators are trying to get more pilots through training. Pilots already flying the line also need to come in every year for recurrent.

Last time I was in HQ, there were talks of a new training center, with our own simulator bays.

Longhornmaniac8
09-28-2018, 02:09 PM
If the bottleneck is full motion sim availability, I think the problem will persist or worsen as all of the E170 operators are trying to get more pilots through training. Pilots already flying the line also need to come in every year for recurrent.

Last time I was in HQ, there were talks of a new training center, with our own simulator bays.

Agreed. It sounds like right now, with the delay, you're looking at about 5 months from Indoc to end of IOE. Does that seem about right?

crackerpilot
09-28-2018, 05:11 PM
The general consensus among the instructors is that times have changed. Previously if a guy didn't make it past procedures training he would be let go, but then management figured out that the very same people they had let go were hired by others (*cough*Mesa*cough*) and winding up at the very same sims in St. Louis, only to pass training with a bulk of the training cost paid for by Republic. So now they give extra training to those who are clearly putting in the effort but maybe need a bit of extra help so at the end they invest a little more and get another pilot on the line.

That said, however, if you simply don't study, particularly early on with systems training, it will be obvious and you will be let go. This is in no way a "no show" or "gimme" job. Oh, and just because the company hires you does not mean you have the skills or ability to get through training. I'm on sim 5 of 8 before my checkride and I still have my doubts as to whether I'll pass my checkride. This is NOT EASY.

Well, i don't mean to throw you out there but you kind of sound like you know it all, don't mean to be rude or anything but if you come here bashing other pilots saying they have no business doing in sims, you should've made sure of passing your check-ride the first time, which i heard you failed miserably, before pointing out at other peoples mistakes. watch out and dont end up being one of the *cough*Mesa New hires *cough*

greendotplus10
09-28-2018, 07:27 PM
Agreed. It sounds like right now, with the delay, you're looking at about 5 months from Indoc to end of IOE. Does that seem about right?

I thought my training was pretty quick (almost one year ago), certainly a lot better than other regionals at the time. ATP/CTP to IOE completion in a little over 3 months. The wait time for the sim was 3 weeks (others in my class were waiting between 1 week to 1 month). I would place current completion estimates at this time, plus any delays being advertised.

Gravity88x
09-29-2018, 06:48 AM
So as an update from St. Louis because I saw some of the previous posts that were talking about the company maybe being quicker to terminate considering the sim back up and the close to 160 people that still are behind my 7/10/18 class who as a class is only about 1/3 through sims.

They have terminated 3 of our 28 in the class. Two of them were a crew who couldnít program the MCDU quick enough to get off the gate in the first 3 sims and by the time they did could not complete each lesson in the 4 hour block and by sim 3 were still playing catch up on the second half of sim 2.
The third got through sims pretty far, sent back to an earlier one, and at that time failed to continue.
They were sent home to wait for training reschedule and received the phone calls letting them go.

For anyone going to St. Louis or Cinncinati soon. MCDU should be easy for you coming from EFPTs. Callouts should be down cold. Flows down cold. Briefings practiced multiple times on multiple different departures and approaches. This will save your ass

midlifeflysis
09-29-2018, 09:21 AM

Yep that sounds about right. I am in the 8/21 class and my checkride will be early December. I figure then it will be a month or so to finish out IOE which would make it 5 months from start to finish.

midlifeflysis
09-29-2018, 09:36 AM
So as an update from St. Louis because I saw some of the previous posts that were talking about the company maybe being quicker to terminate considering the sim back up and the close to 160 people that still are behind my 7/10/18 class who as a class is only about 1/3 through sims.

They have terminated 3 of our 28 in the class. Two of them were a crew who couldnít program the MCDU quick enough to get off the gate in the first 3 sims and by the time they did could not complete each lesson in the 4 hour block and by sim 3 were still playing catch up on the second half of sim 2.
The third got through sims pretty far, sent back to an earlier one, and at that time failed to continue.
They were sent home to wait for training reschedule and received the phone calls letting them go.

For anyone going to St. Louis or Cinncinati soon. MCDU should be easy for you coming from EFPTs. Callouts should be down cold. Flows down cold. Briefings practiced multiple times on multiple different departures and approaches. This will save your ass

They must have been spending well over an hour in the first 2 lessons on the MCDU? Any idea on what the the guys who got sent home were struggling with? Surprising to hear they made it far along and then got axed, it's expensive to let people go once well into the sims.

Not sure how it is at other regionals but I would assume there is usually one or two folks who don't make it in most classes, so maybe this is the normal wash out rate?

Gravity88x
09-29-2018, 10:41 AM
They must have been spending well over an hour in the first 2 lessons on the MCDU? Any idea on what the the guys who got sent home were struggling with? Surprising to hear they made it far along and then got axed, it's expensive to let people go once well into the sims.

Not sure how it is at other regionals but I would assume there is usually one or two folks who don't make it in most classes, so maybe this is the normal wash out rate?

They also had struggled in EFPTs with the same thing.

From what I understand yes normally youíll see some people not make it everywhere.

4V14T0R
09-29-2018, 11:13 AM
They also had struggled in EFPTs with the same thing.

From what I understand yes normally youíll see some people not make it everywhere.

Do they still offer the computer program that emulates the MCDU where you can fly a flight on the computer?

If so, thatís all you need to get comfortable with the MCDU. The onus is on you as a student to take the time, outside of class, to get familiar.

BosoxH60
09-29-2018, 06:10 PM
Do they still offer the computer program that emulates the MCDU where you can fly a flight on the computer?

If so, thatís all you need to get comfortable with the MCDU. The onus is on you as a student to take the time, outside of class, to get familiar.

I donít think so. Ethos has an FMS lesson that allows you to push the right buttons, and ONLY the right buttons to enter things like point bearing distance, etc, but thereís no free play that I know of. ...as I think of it, thereís the program on the computers in IND that we use for systems, but obviously you can only use that when youíre here, and there isnít someone else in class.

4V14T0R
09-29-2018, 06:36 PM
I donít think so. Ethos has an FMS lesson that allows you to push the right buttons, and ONLY the right buttons to enter things like point bearing distance, etc, but thereís no free play that I know of. ...as I think of it, thereís the program on the computers in IND that we use for systems, but obviously you can only use that when youíre here, and there isnít someone else in class.

Well after hours people should be in that classroom using that. Itís a tremendous help. There should be no reason not to get it before EFPT.

njd1
09-30-2018, 12:21 PM
Well after hours people should be in that classroom using that. It’s a tremendous help. There should be no reason not to get it before EFPT.

Spending time after hours in the systems labs with the avionics simulators is the only effective means to learn the FMS.

The FMS lesson in Ethos is helpful for learning the basics from a 10000 foot level...but it sucks when trying to accomplish specific tasks like acquire stuff via ACARS, setup speeds, build/bug/brief approaches...etc...which is what you'll do in EFPT and Sims ad infinitum.

Blackmamba
10-01-2018, 08:38 AM
Anybody know what the likely delay is for the Oct 30 class? Beginning of next year ?

TwinTandem
10-02-2018, 02:41 PM
Anybody know what the likely delay is for the Oct 30 class? Beginning of next year ?

Sims would be after the New Years for sure.

TurbineSuburban
10-02-2018, 03:31 PM

Somewhat on topic, friend is in the November 6th class... is RPA really running weekly classes of new hire pilots and then sending them home? Seems like they would slow down to every two weeks like everyone else or even monthly classes.

DiveAndDrive
10-02-2018, 05:15 PM
I could be wrong, but I believe classes are every two weeks. It could be possible one person is talking about ATP-CTP class (and subsequent class at RPA a week or two later), and someone could be talking about the first day of actual class. Or maybe they are having a class a week a part to account for the holidays and stuff. But July, August, September, October was every 2 weeks.

pilot2804
10-02-2018, 06:27 PM
10/2 comes back 12/18

Random Task
10-02-2018, 06:47 PM
10/2 comes back 12/18

Any idea how many in class?

VASBYT
10-02-2018, 07:26 PM

I believe there were 32. I may be wrong.

BosoxH60
10-02-2018, 08:00 PM

Systems can only support a max of 30. There are 15 computers in the room, and you work together with your sim partner.

It seems the larger hold up is sim availability; you could pump 4 systems classes through a month by overlapping them. But I donít believe thereís capacity to put the same 120 people in the sim every month.

4V14T0R
10-03-2018, 01:34 AM
Systems can only support a max of 30. There are 15 computers in the room, and you work together with your sim partner.

It seems the larger hold up is sim availability; you could pump 4 systems classes through a month by overlapping them. But I donít believe thereís capacity to put the same 120 people in the sim every month.

Sims will always be the bottleneck. They are the most expensive factor. The problem seems to be that as the number of E170 operators grew, the number of sims have not kept pace.

Aloha1
10-03-2018, 06:49 AM
May be a little off topic, but is the training top notch compare to other regionals? They allow us to stay after class to practice on FTDs...FMS...etc?

Jungle Jim
10-03-2018, 07:39 AM
May be a little off topic, but is the training top notch compare to other regionals? They allow us to stay after class to practice on FTDs...FMS...etc?

Once you have your crew badge (a couple days into systems usually), you can come and go from the training center as you please. This includes using the computers with the FMS trainers in the systems room, or any aids short of the EFPT's you can get your hands on up there. They encourage after hours study.

Now as far as it compares to others, the scope of my knowledge is limited to Republic vs the part 135 training world. It's just different. As far as 'top notch,' I don't know if I'd call it that, but they give you the tools you need to succeed and tear you loose to figure it out mostly on your own. It is what you make it. If you're a good self-starter and study well on your own, you'll do fine. If you're a slacker, you'll struggle mightily. That doesn't mean that you won't keep slipping through the cracks - because you will - but later in training, you'll suffer and likely drag whoever you're partnered with down with you. All that being said, if you're struggling with ANYTHING, ask for more help before you get to the sim. Once you get to sims, they're just ramrodding the checkride down your throat, and the time is so precious there, there's little time to play catch up. They've washed a few guys out lately because they weren't ready. So speak up if you need help...

Aloha1
10-03-2018, 08:08 AM
Thanks for reply...No doubt will be the biggest challenge for me yet in my aviation career....coming from a 91/135 job

4V14T0R
10-03-2018, 08:27 AM
Most of the people that donít make it seem to not be dedicating themselves fully to the training. They donít seem to be utilizing after hours study opportunities and in some cases even during hours class time. STUDY, STUDY, STUDY. Do it until your eyes bleed. Take a break. Rinse and repeat. It seems to be a work ethic issue with those that donít make it through.

Aloha1
10-03-2018, 08:53 AM
Got it! Thanks

MrFriendly7
10-03-2018, 07:14 PM
I know alot of people who got through and said training was good. Like most things you have to do your part.

Secludedsand
10-06-2018, 05:02 PM
During the wait for ground school after going to HQ, what are the policies on continuing to fly?

Personnel flying I would assume is ok what about CFI? I have a couple of people I would like to get to the check ride but that wonít happen before day my day 1.

Indoc start of Nov, looking like 2 months of wait time, by what I see on here.

TheWeatherman
10-06-2018, 05:22 PM
During the wait for ground school after going to HQ, what are the policies on continuing to fly?

Personnel flying I would assume is ok what about CFI? I have a couple of people I would like to get to the check ride but that won’t happen before day my day 1.

Indoc start of Nov, looking like 2 months of wait time, by what I see on here.
Outside flying for compensation in any form is prohibited per company policy. I would love to part time CFI on the side just to keep my GA and teaching skills up, but can't. It is best to finish up your students before you leave, or if you can't set them up with another instructor. Do not lie to them and tell them you will be back in a few days after they send you home to wait for class.

pilot2804
10-06-2018, 05:36 PM
The director of flight ops just recently approved outside flying for pilots only who are on the training delay.

greendotplus10
10-06-2018, 06:39 PM
The director of flight ops just recently approved outside flying for pilots only who are on the training delay.

This should have been implemented a long time ago. Especially now that the training delay is longer. The folks in training should definitely take advantage of this to keep their instrument flying proficiency up.

We recently received an FOM revision memo which officially prohibits outside flying for compensation. Is there a separate memo that gives permission to the pilots in training?

direct2entent
10-06-2018, 07:09 PM
Would have been nice to know before I quit my CFI job 4 days before training...

Random Task
10-06-2018, 07:45 PM
This should have been implemented a long time ago. Especially now that the training delay is longer. The folks in training should definitely take advantage of this to keep their instrument flying proficiency up.

We recently received an FOM revision memo which officially prohibits outside flying for compensation. Is there a separate memo that gives permission to the pilots in training?

I believe the FOM revision prohibits flying for compensation unless authorized by the company. That could be the loophole that allows new hires to continue flying.

DiveAndDrive
10-06-2018, 11:12 PM
There was just a must read that came out within the last day or two. Thereís a change in the verbiage of the FOMís policy on outside flying.

The previous policy was ď..prohibits pilots from flying professionally for compensation for any operation other than Republic..Ē.

The new verbiage, effective 10/14 states ď..prohibits pilots from flying professionally for compensation other than Republic Airline Inc. without prior approval by the Director of Operations (or designee)..Ē.

TheWeatherman
10-07-2018, 06:28 AM
I thought the Dir of Ops could always make exceptions to that policy? Although very rare I have heard of it happening before.

peengleeson
10-11-2018, 11:51 PM

Does this include jumpseat privileges? And KCM?

TheNotoriousPIC
10-12-2018, 01:09 AM
Does this include jumpseat privileges? And KCM?

You won't have CASS or KCM until you get your crew badge.

direct2entent
10-12-2018, 12:02 PM
You won't have CASS or KCM until you get your crew badge.

Is that after the checkride?

Tpinks
10-12-2018, 12:04 PM

It was approved for everyone. Not just trainees. It's a case by case basis though.

Tpinks
10-12-2018, 12:05 PM
Is that after the checkride?

Normally it was towards the end of Systems class. Not sure when they are handing the, out with the new program. Maybe during the Sits/systems validation.

TheNotoriousPIC
10-12-2018, 08:38 PM
Another note about jumpseating, the company really doesn't want you doing it on Republic metal if you aren't typed in the aircraft. I'm not sure if they would find out, but their position is that you should sit in the back until after your checkride, and personally I think it's a good idea to respect that.

greendotplus10
10-13-2018, 06:09 AM
Another note about jumpseating, the company really doesn't want you doing it on Republic metal if you aren't typed in the aircraft. I'm not sure if they would find out, but their position is that you should sit in the back until after your checkride, and personally I think it's a good idea to respect that.

I observed in the jumpseat on a couple Republic flights in between systems and sims. Of course I asked the captain each time, and made sure they were aware of where I was in training. They were happy to have me up there, and it definitely helped me do better in the sim. Is there a statement from the company stating they don't want the guys in training to be in the jumpseat? Otherwise it's simply captain's discretion.

Random Task
10-13-2018, 07:25 AM
Yeah that doesnt make any sense. Jumpseating is a great way to see all the stuff you're reading about (flows callouts profiles) come together.

mfflyer
10-13-2018, 07:26 AM
I observed in the jumpseat on a couple Republic flights in between systems and sims. Of course I asked the captain each time, and made sure they were aware of where I was in training. They were happy to have me up there, and it definitely helped me do better in the sim. Is there a statement from the company stating they don't want the guys in training to be in the jumpseat? Otherwise it's simply captain's discretion.

I believe per the FOM, we need to be a "qualified crewmember" to occupy the JS. This is what they told us in class. The reality is that if you JS home during sims because you have a 2 day block off, and you can't make it back, you really screw things up for a lot of people. Don't be that person folks! :D

TheNotoriousPIC
10-13-2018, 02:51 PM
Yeah that doesnt make any sense. Jumpseating is a great way to see all the stuff you're reading about (flows callouts profiles) come together.

I agree, but for my class at least they made the point several times that until we're typed we shouldn't jumpseat. I'm sure a lot of people have done it, but if company tells me to wait I'm going wait.

I doubt the captains of these aircraft or the gate agents are aware of this policy, certainly it's not on them to police the new hires.

Jungle Jim
10-13-2018, 03:49 PM
I agree, but for my class at least they made the point several times that until we're typed we shouldn't jumpseat. I'm sure a lot of people have done it, but if company tells me to wait I'm going wait.

I doubt the captains of these aircraft or the gate agents are aware of this policy, certainly it's not on them to police the new hires.

We were actually told the contrary in our class. They withheld our ID's until we were almost done with systems because some knucklehead decided to jumpseat a turn during indoc and didn't make it back for class due to IROP. Since that happened, they don't just cut you loose right away. They said they didn't want us in the jumpseat without knowing anything about the systems of the airplane, but encouraged us to jumpseat a couple times during training especially after learning flows and callouts.

TangoIndiaMike1
10-14-2018, 12:20 AM

Yeah thatís a load of crap. Once we got our badge we were told to jumpseat as much as we can without getting in the way of people going to or from work. We could check flight loads by then and fly out from St Louis and back. Other regionals actually require a couple jumpseat ride alongs for their training.
I disagree with you.

BeatsWorking
10-14-2018, 03:10 AM
We were told both. You're supposed to be a fully qualified crew member. But also, jump but don't bump anyone.

Web265
10-14-2018, 05:18 AM

I'm pretty sure that no such "policy" exists on the line (FOM, SOP, etc.) I couldn't find one in our docs. Sounds more like a "rule" for new hires. If a new hire tried to jumpseat there's no reason I can see a Capt wouldn't allow it. I'm pretty sure the only thing the gate agent cares about is if the person is in CASS.

We were actually told the contrary in our class. They withheld our ID's until we were almost done with systems because some knucklehead decided to jumpseat a turn during indoc and didn't make it back for class due to IROP.

If they told you it's a policy of the training dept for this reason, that's an entirely different matter. Do what they tell you.....

FlyNick
10-15-2018, 09:19 PM
We were actually told the contrary in our class. They withheld our ID's until we were almost done with systems because some knucklehead decided to jumpseat a turn during indoc and didn't make it back for class due to IROP. Since that happened, they don't just cut you loose right away. They said they didn't want us in the jumpseat without knowing anything about the systems of the airplane, but encouraged us to jumpseat a couple times during training especially after learning flows and callouts.

Out of curiosity, what class were you in / when did this happen? Because when I interviewed earlier this month, we were told we'd get jumpseat privileges between 2-4 weeks after Day 1, and they even "advertised" how nice that will be considering the ~2 month delay in the pipeline...

TheWeatherman
10-16-2018, 04:58 AM
Yeah, not sure where all this who ha is coming from, but there should be no issue with anybody jumpseating who is not fully qualified. Heck we even had an Air Wisconsin trainee jumpseat with us once. So we are going to let UAX partner trainees jumpseat but not our own???

As long as you have CASS, you are eligible and more then legal to jumpseat. Being qualified to fly is a load of BS as we have people who are not qualified to fly jumpseat all the freaken time (FAA, Dispatch, etc.)

814Pilot
10-16-2018, 10:25 AM
October 15th class being sent home until at least Jan 2nd. Apparently they are also making them all have the 50 hours of ME time too by the time they come back (company paying for it and itís not coming out of the signing bonus.)

dera
10-16-2018, 11:45 AM
October 15th class being sent home until at least Jan 2nd. Apparently they are also making them all have the 50 hours of ME time too by the time they come back (company paying for it and itís not coming out of the signing bonus.)

I was just offered this too. This after I told them I won't attend class because of the ME requirement.

Blackmamba
10-16-2018, 12:52 PM
I was just offered this too. This after I told them I won't attend class because of the ME requirement.

Wait. Wouldnít you need 50 by the first day of indoc anyway ?

pilot2804
10-16-2018, 01:25 PM
Wait. Wouldnít you need 50 by the first day of indoc anyway ?

not for RATP applicants

Blackmamba
10-16-2018, 01:34 PM
Great. After I already used the FTI program.

pilot2804
10-16-2018, 02:08 PM
Great. After I already used the FTI program.

RATP applicants were only required to have 25 hours. With the delay, they don't want us building 25 hours in sims since that will delay your oral and make you stress even more. Once the delay is over, you will be fire hosed through and they don't want you focusing on the oral while going through sims.

So, they are paying for the remaining hours to get you to 50 total multi hours (or to 1,000 total time)

Blackmamba
10-16-2018, 02:28 PM
RATP applicants were only required to have 25 hours. With the delay, they don't want us building 25 hours in sims since that will delay your oral and make you stress even more. Once the delay is over, you will be fire hosed through and they don't want you focusing on the oral while going through sims.

So, they are paying for the remaining hours to get you to 50 total multi hours (or to 1,000 total time)

So since I was a part 61 guy and have the 1500 hour rule I wouldnít have qualified ?

TheNotoriousPIC
10-16-2018, 06:04 PM
Yeah, not sure where all this who ha is coming from, but there should be no issue with anybody jumpseating who is not fully qualified. Heck we even had an Air Wisconsin trainee jumpseat with us once. So we are going to let UAX partner trainees jumpseat but not our own???

As long as you have CASS, you are eligible and more then legal to jumpseat. Being qualified to fly is a load of BS as we have people who are not qualified to fly jumpseat all the freaken time (FAA, Dispatch, etc.)

Hey man I totally agree. But on three separate occasions now I've been told not to do it until typed. Legality has nothing to do with it, I am newly hired and I'm not here to make waves.

814Pilot
10-16-2018, 11:06 PM
Hey man I totally agree. But on three separate occasions now I've been told not to do it until typed. Legality has nothing to do with it, I am newly hired and I'm not here to make waves.

I have done it 4 or 5 times now, as have many people from my class. I learned so much from it. All the captains Iíve flown with have actually let me set up the FMS and shown me a lot of tips. I highly recommend it, you wonít get in trouble.

Shosty5
10-21-2018, 08:56 AM
Indoc is when seniority number is gained, but is it also the pilotís anniversary for earning year two pay rates? Or is that calculated upon completion of OE? With the long training delay, this is a big difference, so just trying to get clarity on it.

Also, are classes still looking at a 2.5 month delay after indoc?

Nh114
10-21-2018, 09:27 AM
Year 2 rates would be at your anniversary from Indoc (hire date) not training completion.

Delay after indoc seems to be about that.. also AQP will most likely speed things up.

DiveAndDrive
10-21-2018, 10:31 AM
Speaking of AQP... didn't they run a test run of initial AQP for one of the July classes? Any word on how that went?

mfflyer
10-21-2018, 10:51 AM
Speaking of AQP... didn't they run a test run of initial AQP for one of the July classes? Any word on how that went?

From what I was told at the training center, it went very well both the company and FAA were happy with the results.

peengleeson
10-21-2018, 11:47 AM
From what I was told at the training center, it went very well both the company and FAA were happy with the results.

Does that mean the next few classes are AQP?

Nh114
10-21-2018, 12:23 PM

Went well. Another AQP group from the 8/21 class is starting systems now. I think itíll pretty much be AQP from here on out for new hires, once people return from the break after indoc.

mfflyer
10-21-2018, 01:39 PM
Does that mean the next few classes are AQP?

Yes.

Filler.........

Longhornmaniac8
10-21-2018, 02:44 PM
Can someone provide (or link) the main differences in how training works under AQP vs. previously?

peengleeson
10-21-2018, 02:59 PM
Can someone provide (or link) the main differences in how training works under AQP vs. previously?

Dont quote me here, but I've heard it's more like a 141 program, with "stage checks" and a final check at the end with maneuvers validation and a line oriented flight in the sim instead of one big checkride at the end

ChopNDrop
10-21-2018, 03:08 PM

There is a second group going through AQP to validate the results of the first group. Hopefully, if all goes well, once this group is finished with OE (Mid January) the FAA will bless the program off. It's nothing to worry about, if you will be going through AQP they will brief you on the footprint day 1.

mfflyer
10-21-2018, 03:48 PM

This might help. https://www.faa.gov/training_testing/training/aqp/

HybridPilot
10-21-2018, 06:14 PM
Has anyone from the August class that came back to Indoc after delay got their ID badge? Or do we get it after ETHOS?

VASBYT
10-22-2018, 06:29 AM
Has anyone from the August class that came back to Indoc after delay got their ID badge? Or do we get it after ETHOS?

Second day into systems training for us.

HybridPilot
10-22-2018, 09:08 AM
Second day into systems training for us.

Were you in the August class? As in, were you one of the class that had the delay? Thanks!

VASBYT
10-22-2018, 10:17 AM
Were you in the August class? As in, were you one of the class that had the delay? Thanks!

I was in the first class in Aug, but the second group in our class (because we were such a large class) got a slight delay.

814Pilot
10-23-2018, 07:19 AM
Make sure you guys and girls are studying during your time off. People are still being held up in sims and making the backlog worse cause they donít know profiles, flows and callouts. You need to know all of those cold before you arrive at sims and EFPTs. there simply isnít enough time for them to waste teaching you those things that you should know ahead of time. Seeing how much time you get off, there should be no excuses as to why you wouldnít have all those things down cold.

ChopNDrop
10-23-2018, 08:06 AM
Make sure you guys and girls are studying during your time off. People are still being held up in sims and making the backlog worse cause they donít know profiles, flows and callouts. You need to know all of those cold before you arrive at sims and EFPTs. there simply isnít enough time for them to waste teaching you those things that you should know ahead of time. Seeing how much time you get off, there should be no excuses as to why you wouldnít have all those things down cold.

But, how am I supposed to lower my golf handicap if I am studying???:D

Longhornmaniac8
10-29-2018, 07:54 AM
Are the classes running through now using AQP?

I should be more clear: for people going through Indoc now, are those classes being told they will be AQP once they get back from the delay?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

ChopNDrop
10-29-2018, 08:21 AM
Are the classes running through now using AQP?

I should be more clear: for people going through Indoc now, are those classes being told they will be AQP once they get back from the delay?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

AQP still hasn't been approved for new hires by the FAA. The second class that is in the small group trial is supposed to validate the results of the first group. That second group is slotted to finish up near the end of December, with OE in January. It's fair to say that it will be at least the first quarter next year before the FAA approves the program, assuming they won't require a third group to go through the process after the second group finishes.... as far as classes coming back after their break, I think it will depend on when you are scheduled to come back?

V1Rot8t
10-30-2018, 01:12 PM
I was told this week by RAH that Dec Indoc folks should expect late March training date.

Longhornmaniac8
10-30-2018, 01:37 PM
AQP still hasn't been approved for new hires by the FAA. The second class that is in the small group trial is supposed to validate the results of the first group. That second group is slotted to finish up near the end of December, with OE in January. It's fair to say that it will be at least the first quarter next year before the FAA approves the program, assuming they won't require a third group to go through the process after the second group finishes.... as far as classes coming back after their break, I think it will depend on when you are scheduled to come back?

The October 30th Indoc class was told to expect AQP following FAA approval after the validation group, assuming nothing surprising happens. Their last checkride is tentatively scheduled for December 28th.

I believe the October 15th Indoc class was the first one told to expect AQP when they return from break the first week of January.

V1Rot8t
10-30-2018, 01:42 PM
The October 30th Indoc class was told to expect AQP following FAA approval after the validation group, assuming nothing surprising happens. Their last checkride is tentatively scheduled for December 28th.

I believe the October 15th Indoc class was the first one told to expect AQP when they return from break the first week of January.

Hopefully for all, with the AQP approval and getting thru the holiday break, the backlog will reduce and things will speed back up.

TurbineSuburban
10-31-2018, 04:11 AM

No break/delay for the Oct 30th Indoc then? If the last checkride is Dec 28th, they'll have to continue training next week. I wonder if further classes will not see much of a delay either now that they're going to AQP.

peengleeson
10-31-2018, 07:59 AM
No break/delay for the Oct 30th Indoc then? If the last checkride is Dec 28th, they'll have to continue training next week. I wonder if further classes will not see much of a delay either now that they're going to AQP.

I think they meant the last non aqp ride is December 28th, then they change over and start the aqp stuff

pilot2804
10-31-2018, 12:18 PM
10/2 will not be AQP according to training because we start technically 12/18 but who knows

Longhornmaniac8
10-31-2018, 01:24 PM
I think they meant the last non aqp ride is December 28th, then they change over and start the aqp stuff

This is correct. The validation group that was in the 8/24(?) Indoc class will finish on 12/28. Assuming things are validated, they anticipate FAA approval in the following days, meaning any classes returning to Basic Indoc (8 days, after the delay), will be AQP.

SpringLanding
11-01-2018, 03:28 PM
It sounds like the delay is still around 2 months. Is that accurate?

Are there any work obligations besides home study during those two months, or are you totally free? Thanks.

V1Rot8t
11-01-2018, 03:38 PM
It sounds like the delay is still around 2 months. Is that accurate?

Are there any work obligations besides home study during those two months, or are you totally free? Thanks.

I was told at least 2-3 months backed up by the company on Monday, possibly more but they expect to clear some of it with AQP starting... Said come to Indoc, get an ipad, go home until training date. You have a systems learning course to take on ipad or computer prior to coming back to training. Was told you could continue to work elsewhere as well until coming back for training. Most important thing is your seniority starts at Indoc so its really not a bad thing if Republic is your choice, especially around holiday time.

DiveAndDrive
11-01-2018, 03:43 PM
During the break, thereís no obligation to study anything. It would be greatly beneficial to spend an hour or two a day to read the SOP and FOM, but you donít HAVE to. There is a separate block of time later in training when you will go home again, but thatís for systems. You do your training on an iPad. During that time frame, they actually have you blocked off 8-5, 5 days a week for the systems training, so just treat it just like the school house.

direct2entent
11-01-2018, 04:15 PM
During the break, thereís no obligation to study anything. It would be greatly beneficial to spend an hour or two a day to read the SOP and FOM, but you donít HAVE to. There is a separate block of time later in training when you will go home again, but thatís for systems. You do your training on an iPad. During that time frame, they actually have you blocked off 8-5, 5 days a week for the systems training, so just treat it just like the school house.

10/15 class here. That's what we have been told too. No obligations, allowed to fly for hire up until the day we return for full indoc (for us we fly back to IND on 1/2). Full access to review manuals but do not have access to systems training on ETHOS until they want us doing so.

Jungle Jim
11-01-2018, 05:23 PM
Time well spent reading the FOM a couple times over and getting good understanding early. When you're done with that, time well spent studying the supplemental study guide over and over. Will give you a great jump start on the thrilling excitement that is ethos. You'll have a huge jump on things. Indoc is indoc...just gotta show up, grin, and bear it, but life comes fast once you get into systems and beyond.

baldrick
11-04-2018, 01:34 PM
So, How long is indoc and what do they cover? Just the company policies and procedures or do they cover using the fms, profiles, checklists and such?

Tigflt17
11-04-2018, 01:40 PM
So, How long is indoc and what do they cover? Just the company policies and procedures or do they cover using the fms, profiles, checklists and such?

Indoc is normally 9 days but currently 3 days then home as seen in this thread. Then back for 8 training days with a weekend in it. Company policies and procedures. FMS, profiles, checklists, and such fall under systems, EFPT, sims.

BeatsWorking
11-04-2018, 06:49 PM

Death by endless PowerPoint decks that move so fast you couldn't read them if you wanted to.

Ihaveaquestion
11-07-2018, 07:13 PM
Hey guys, could anybody who is currently on a training delay please do me a solid and tell me for sure if we get paid just the $60 per day for the entire training delay, or if we get paid our minimum?

I know pay was mentioned way at the start of this thread so sorry for laboring it. Itís just crucial for me as I have a mortgage to pay and canít afford to default on that obviously. Thanks guys.

mfflyer
11-07-2018, 07:20 PM
Hey guys, could anybody who is currently on a training delay please do me a solid and tell me for sure if we get paid just the $60 per day for the entire training delay, or if we get paid our minimum?

I know pay was mentioned way at the start of this thread so sorry for laboring it. Itís just crucial for me as I have a mortgage to pay and canít afford to default on that obviously. Thanks guys.

Monthly garuntee after first 30 days from indoc day 1. So you will get it during the delay/paid vacation :cool:

metalfeather
11-07-2018, 07:41 PM

The first 30 days we are paid a $60 stipend per day. Couple that with $1500 of the first bonus payment and you get close to normal pay. My math says that should be about $3,300 before deductions. I dont know when that is paid.

After the first 30 days you get minimum guarantee. $45 x 75 is $3,375.

The next change in pay would be when you start flying and receiving per diem, then when you complete IOE and get the next $8,500 of bonus.

Tigflt17
11-08-2018, 12:34 AM
The first 30 days we are paid a $60 stipend per day. Couple that with $1500 of the first bonus payment and you get close to normal pay. My math says that should be about $3,300 before deductions. I dont know when that is paid.

The next change in pay would be when you start flying and receiving per diem, then when you complete IOE and get the next $8,500 of bonus.

Per diem is also while you are in training either in IND or STL/CVG.

Web265
11-08-2018, 04:25 AM

Until after 1/1/19 then it's $45.68 x 75 is $3,426, No?

pilot2804
11-08-2018, 05:43 AM
At 3375 youíll walk away with about 2600 without state taxes and about $60 for benefits

TheWeatherman
11-08-2018, 06:54 AM
Until after 1/1/19 then it's $45.68 x 75 is $3,426, No?
Don' spend that 68 cents all in one place.

Web265
11-08-2018, 06:59 AM
Don' spend that 68 cents all in one place.

good point, but, still an extra $50 a month! That's a lot of ramen...

MrFriendly7
11-10-2018, 04:43 PM
good point, but, still an extra $50 a month! That's a lot of ramen...

:D. Helps you shed them pounds though!