Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

TannerPayne3
08-25-2018, 08:32 PM
I am 22 years old and wanting to become a pilot. I live in Alabama and have been wanting to move possibly to Atlanta, Georgia. I am having trouble finding the right flight school for me. I have searched many schools and find many mixed reviews. Some say this school is great some say the same is a waste of money so I do not know which to believe. Iím mainly trying to find the best school overall near Atlanta or in Georgia. I have a great work ethic and am wanting to commit to this full time in order to be the best I can be. Iíve been told wanting the best of the best is not necessarily the right attitude to have as you can end up paying more for the same schooling. Iím just having overall trouble finding reliable reviews and having a hard time committing to pursuing one specific school. ANY FEEDBACK, CRITICISM, AND HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thank you for reading and I hope to hear much back. Thanks.

Beaverbeliever
08-26-2018, 08:52 PM
I currently train at Falcon Aviation Academy in Newnan, GA, about 30 minutes southwest of Atlanta. I am very pleased with my training so far, so please feel free to PM me with any questions.

TannerPayne3
08-26-2018, 11:04 PM
Yes that would be great. Could you email me possibly? I feel it would be a lot simpler going back and worth than on this site. Thanks
Email is [email protected]

carlapilot
08-27-2018, 03:24 AM
I have the same problem, just in Europe :D
It's so hard to choose.... I don't know even for the reviews, what is good or what is bad. The same was before with the driving licence...
And it is a more difficult choice, because you put your money and trust into one flight school... like risking all in in poker game. :cool:

I am 22 years old and wanting to become a pilot. I live in Alabama and have been wanting to move possibly to Atlanta, Georgia. I am having trouble finding the right flight school for me. I have searched many schools and find many mixed reviews. Some say this school is great some say the same is a waste of money so I do not know which to believe. Iím mainly trying to find the best school overall near Atlanta or in Georgia. I have a great work ethic and am wanting to commit to this full time in order to be the best I can be. Iíve been told wanting the best of the best is not necessarily the right attitude to have as you can end up paying more for the same schooling. Iím just having overall trouble finding reliable reviews and having a hard time committing to pursuing one specific school. ANY FEEDBACK, CRITICISM, AND HELP IS APPRECIATED. Thank you for reading and I hope to hear much back. Thanks.

Ecotone
08-27-2018, 05:17 AM

More so than the school itself, the quality of your training will be dependent upon your CFI... I've had both great and terrible experiences at the same school depending on the instructor. If I had to recommend 1 school in the ATL area based on my experience, I would say Centennial Aviation at PDK. The owner (who is also the main CFI) is terrific.

Now in your case since you're in AL, I would recommend driving up to ATL and spending a day or two and visiting the schools that you have identified and talk to some of the instructors. Remember that you are the customer, and this is your money, so you should feel comfortable with your decision. Good luck!

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1