Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Class dates

yeeeyeee
08-26-2018, 09:33 PM
I got a class date of October 1st, for the CTP course on the 175. Its only tentative though. When should I expect a hard yes/no for that class date? And when do you get all your CBT stuff prior to class?

rswitz
08-28-2018, 05:35 AM
When I was hired in mid May, they offered me a firm class date a few days after offering me the job.

I think the CBTs became available at some point after the ATP CTP course. Even if they were available sooner, I put all my effort into studying for the ATP written.

Don't think I touched a CBT until mid way through indoc.

rswitz
08-28-2018, 05:38 AM
Btw, when you finish training, enjoy sitting reserve in LGA. New hires are going there in flocks.

yeeeyeee
08-28-2018, 10:10 AM
Btw, when you finish training, enjoy sitting reserve in LGA. New hires are going there in flocks.

ORD is the base I want, so it wonít be long until I can transfer. With ORD getting new 175s every month it seams feasible. Plus, Iíve never been to NYC, I wouldnít mind getting to know that city.

rswitz
08-29-2018, 02:12 AM
If you enjoy overcrowded, smelly, disconnected, unbelievably expensive, noisy, polluted, dirty places, as well as an overwhelming sense of left leaning political bias and high taxes, you'll love NYC.

I grew up around NYC. Would never go back.

chitolin
08-29-2018, 06:45 AM

Why do you say that? There's already 89 FOs at LGA, OO does not want LGA to grow much, 50-60 crews tops, all remaining DL flying will be crewed from ORD.
Things are moving pretty quickly and by the time you or the OP finish training you might get something else.

pa24250
08-29-2018, 07:01 AM
Plus, Iíve never been to NYC, I wouldnít mind getting to know that city.

I felt that way too, seeing the rats crawl around the tracks while your subway train is broken down in the middle of a hot and stuffy tunnel will cure that itch.

TeamSasquatch
08-29-2018, 09:56 AM
If you enjoy overcrowded, smelly, disconnected, unbelievably expensive, noisy, polluted, dirty places, as well as an overwhelming sense of left leaning political bias and high taxes, you'll love NYC.

I grew up around NYC. Would never go back.

On the upside, Food in Chinatown is authentic.....

KSCessnaDriver
08-29-2018, 05:41 PM
Why do you say that? There's already 89 FOs at LGA, OO does not want LGA to grow much, 50-60 crews tops, all remaining DL flying will be crewed from ORD.
Things are moving pretty quickly and by the time you or the OP finish training you might get something else.

Ah, the classic, Delta Connection NYC operation crewed from not NYC. That always ends well...

Swagship
08-29-2018, 07:56 PM

Funny, but I heard OO folks swear blind they'd never do NYC flying, then that they'd never have an NYC base and would staff it elsewhere. NYC on OO first year rates, I don't envy you.

ejet
08-30-2018, 07:32 AM
Anybody know how far out class dates are scheduled right now? Looking for something in December/January timeframe.

amcnd
08-30-2018, 07:57 AM
Anybody know how far out class dates are scheduled right now? Looking for something in December/January timeframe.

I would think CRJ as soon as 2 weeks. ERJ December

yeeeyeee
09-01-2018, 12:12 AM
I would think CRJ as soon as 2 weeks. ERJ December

Damn is ERJ really that backed up?

amcnd
09-01-2018, 03:12 PM

I realy donít know? Not sure some that has interviewed lately may know..

threeighteen
09-01-2018, 06:14 PM

There's usually a long wait for the ERJ, they use it as a recruiting tool. They know that newhires will be willing to wait for a class date, get paid less than a competitor pays, and commute to reserve in LGA and ORD for a year just get on the shiny new jet.

tangotango
09-01-2018, 06:55 PM
Hello all from Australia,

Just joining in the conversation here and about to have an interview next week.

Oddly enough, I am already type rated on the E170/190 with time on type but was told I would be CRJ if/when successful.

It's also an FAA TR from CAE so was quite surprised.

Looking forward to hear from any other Aussies etc.

Cheers n' beers

TT

savedbythevnav
09-02-2018, 12:21 PM
ORD is the base I want, so it wonít be long until I can transfer. With ORD getting new 175s every month it seams feasible. Plus, Iíve never been to NYC, I wouldnít mind getting to know that city.

Not many openings in ORD as of the last month, but I'm sure you'll be able to get here in no time. Trip quality seems to look better in ORD but you'd probably be able to get some good seniority in LGA faster.

threeighteen
09-03-2018, 12:31 AM
Hello all from Australia,

Just joining in the conversation here and about to have an interview next week.

Oddly enough, I am already type rated on the E170/190 with time on type but was told I would be CRJ if/when successful.

It's also an FAA TR from CAE so was quite surprised.

Looking forward to hear from any other Aussies etc.

Cheers n' beers

TT

They're going to put you where they want you unless you tell them you're not interested in the CRJ, but then they might not be interested in you (unlikely). I'd still go for the CRJ though. You'll make more money, more diverse flying, seniority moves a lot faster.

TroutBum
09-05-2018, 07:28 AM
FYI -- I decided to go another direction and sent a letter today that should result in an open slot for the October 1 ERJ class.

If you are waiting and available, maybe reach out to your recruiter?

Good luck.

Check Complete
09-08-2018, 05:04 AM
Good decision.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1