Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Warbird Flying

BMEP100
08-27-2018, 02:01 AM
Their should be warbird thread, so,close enough;

Due to my experience in type and nearing retirement, I've been asked to fly a war bird by it's wealthy owner.

He's a genuine guy but I worry about a few things. We will be carrying passengers (just for fun) occasionally, mostly flying in shows and to/from shows.

I don't have a problem doing a flying display and ferry flights. Loading up 20 or 30 people who don't understand the inherent risks of riding in a 80 year old plane maintained under part 91- does worry me. That as well as the reluctence of the owner to,spend money for proper crew training, (like) CRM/TEM has me a little concerned. To be fair has hasnt outright vetoed any such expenditures up to now because there have been no requests from the out going crew.

I have several years hauling (cargo only)in these things going back 40 years. (_under an FAA certificate) They are a lot older now.

Any personal experiences would be welcome

Packrat
08-27-2018, 06:21 AM
Check your PMs.