Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : DFW to Washington DC

pitchattitude
08-28-2018, 11:20 AM
Anyone commute or fly to the DC area? Just curious how it is. I know there are more flights on AA to DCA, but IAD is more convenient to where Iím going. IAD also has a few more flights on UA as well, but Iíve never j/s with them.

Thanks

Pntbllr233
08-28-2018, 01:18 PM
I did it for a few months. ORD is very easy from that area. United is easy. Just show your ID and passport to the agent.

pitchattitude
08-28-2018, 03:54 PM
Thanks. Is there anyway for us to check loads at United, or for that matter any of the other carriers? Can people on other carriers check our loads? Seems to me I heard a Mesa guy say something about checking and or listing for AA, but they had just been given access to JetAway or something similar.

calmwinds
08-28-2018, 05:05 PM
Thanks. Is there anyway for us to check loads at United, or for that matter any of the other carriers? Can people on other carriers check our loads? Seems to me I heard a Mesa guy say something about checking and or listing for AA, but they had just been given access to JetAway or something similar.

The Mesa guy can only check loads if he flies the CRJ, and can be assigned to American Eagle pairings.

A Mesa guy flying solely for United Express cannot check American load factors.

PiperPilot03
08-28-2018, 05:22 PM

Download the app "Staff Traveler." It works great. Usually get an answer back within 5 minutes. Each time you ask what a load is, you use one credit. You earn one credit each time you answer someone else's load question. Gives people motivation to help out.

f16jetmech
08-28-2018, 06:52 PM

Download the united app... Shows exact loads and where people are sitting. Also shows the regional flights.

Show up @ the gate first come first serve. They always took great care of me on my DFW-ORD commute

pitchattitude
08-29-2018, 06:18 AM
Thanks for the info.

in2deep
08-30-2018, 05:32 AM
Download the united app... Shows exact loads and where people are sitting. Also shows the regional flights.

Show up @ the gate first come first serve. They always took great care of me on my DFW-ORD commute

The United app only shows unassaigned seats. Once the gate agent starts assigning seats to revenue passengers they disappear. That graphic is pretty much innacurate until the last 15 minutes or so of boarding.