Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : JS Disagreement

peepz
08-30-2018, 12:48 PM
So UAL is pretty tilted at whatís going on between our JS committe and UAL.

Reading some of the posts over on the greener pastures forum (UAL forum) it looks like these guys/gals are fuming.

It wouldnít turn out well for us, in the sense we would have a lot more to lose as OO would never positive space us like mainline would for their people. Also the optics look terrible since we arenít unionized and are supposed to stand in solidarity with other unionized carriers.

What yíall think, cooler heads will prevail right?

WesternSkies
08-30-2018, 12:50 PM
Depends on the United MEC.

peepz
08-30-2018, 12:51 PM
Depends on the United MEC.

Hope they figure it out. Itís pretty embarrassing the way the student council is handling this. For example sending out threatening letters escalating the situation instead of trying to diffuse it.

WesternSkies
08-30-2018, 01:00 PM
Dunno I see it as proactive.
The united computer system is going live in the next few months.
Preventing a computer system or altering the code seems easier than getting United to spend money on it after it has been implemented.
Iíd rather this situation not be reactionary because it would go full nuclear quickly. All imo.

UALfoLIFE
08-30-2018, 01:19 PM
So UAL is pretty tilted at what’s going on between our JS committe and UAL.

Reading some of the posts over on the greener pastures forum (UAL forum) it looks like these guys/gals are fuming.

It wouldn’t turn out well for us, in the sense we would have a lot more to lose as OO would never positive space us like mainline would for their people. Also the optics look terrible since we aren’t unionized and are supposed to stand in solidarity with other unionized carriers.

What y’all think, cooler heads will prevail right?

The only person calling for a JS war is and was *** Who’s the hot head here?

peepz
08-30-2018, 01:26 PM
The only person calling for a JS war is and was ****. Who’s the hot head here?

Your own thread in your forum is called jumpseat war? Smh

Also I don’t think it’s fair that someone from here took a picture on our forum giving out the guys name. That’s lame and unfair.

Also if you look at my post I used the word tilted, not hothead...

UALfoLIFE
08-30-2018, 01:30 PM
Your own thread in your forum is called jumpseat war? Smh

Also if you look at my post I used the word tilted, not hothead...

SMH.
Yea because *he* PLAINLY stated that at the end of his initial OFFICIAL communication. Jumping straight to level 10 rage is probably why he still works at Skywest.

peepz
08-30-2018, 01:32 PM
Yea because ** PLAINLY stated at the end of his initial OFFICIAL communication. Jumping straight to level 10 rage is probably why he still works at Skywest.

I have clearly stated that I’m embarrassed by it. You are honestly preaching to the choir with me. The situation was escalated by the letter for sure.

word302
08-30-2018, 01:34 PM
The only person calling for a JS war is and was **. Who’s the hot head here?

Let's be honest, UALPA trying to dictate jumpseat priority on our metal is nearly just as bad. Don't get me wrong, denying jumpseats is a childish way to handle anything. His tact was definitely not well though out. Hopefully cooler heads prevail on both sides.

amcnd
08-30-2018, 02:02 PM
Update just came out. Said expect something jointly from all UAX operators... will see..

threeighteen
08-30-2018, 02:27 PM
Pretty appalling how many mainline guys over in the United version of this thread don't seem to care that they are violating a jumpseat agreement and make SkyWest out to be the bad guys for trying to get them to honor what they've agreed to.

awax
08-30-2018, 02:51 PM
Pretty appalling how many mainline guys over in the United version of this thread don't seem to care that they are violating a jumpseat agreement and make SkyWest out to be the bad guys for trying to get them to honor what they've agreed to.

Equally appalling, if not more so, Skywestís pilot leadership putting out communications threading institutionalused withholding of cockpit Jumpseats for a subset of pilots.

There ways to address this successfully, and this ainít it.

threeighteen
08-30-2018, 03:40 PM
Equally appalling, if not more so, Skywestís pilot leadership putting out communications threading institutionalused withholding of cockpit Jumpseats for a subset of pilots.

There ways to address this successfully, and this ainít it.

Last time United tried a stunt like this (yes, that's correct, this isn't the first time), all efforts were exhausted, proper channels pursued, etc and nothing became of those, so the jumpseats were denied. The problem got fixed. Can you really blame SkyWest's pilot leadership for telling everyone that if it doesn't get fixed, they'll resort to using a method that they know works?

amcnd
08-30-2018, 05:04 PM
They put out a statement saying donít use the Jumpseat as a war tool. No-one is using the Jumpseat that way!! All just APC talk...

rickair7777
08-30-2018, 05:30 PM
Last time United tried a stunt like this (yes, that's correct, this isn't the first time), all efforts were exhausted, proper channels pursued, etc and nothing became of those, so the jumpseats were denied. The problem got fixed. Can you really blame SkyWest's pilot leadership for telling everyone that if it doesn't get fixed, they'll resort to using a method that they know works?

I don't blame them one bit (lived through the last one).

But they should be sure and exhaust ALL normal efforts through channels before threatening the J Bomb in public... even a hint of that stirs up hate and discontent, which could impact attitudes towards hiring of SKW peeps in some circles. Already the topic du jour over at mainline...

word302
08-30-2018, 06:40 PM
I don't blame them one bit (lived through the last one).

But they should be sure and exhaust ALL normal efforts through channels before threatening the J Bomb in public... even a hint of that stirs up hate and discontent, which could impact attitudes towards hiring of SKW peeps in some circles. Already the topic du jour over at mainline...

Too late, someone already leaked AA's letter with the J bomb in it, which is why it's already become a ****storm.

willd
08-30-2018, 06:43 PM
Update just came out. Said expect something jointly from all UAX operators... will see..

Can you post that?

word302
08-30-2018, 06:52 PM
Can you post that?

Someone sharing internal memos is what started this whole mess.

willd
08-30-2018, 07:34 PM
Someone sharing internal memos is what started this whole mess.

nothing internal about a threat to deny JS.

Russ and Aric are gonna bring a world of hurt down on Skywest

word302
08-30-2018, 07:41 PM

With any luck one of them will be gone soon. Stuck with the other for a while though. For the record it wasn't much of a threat. Definitely a poorly thought-out memo that has since been "modified".

WesternSkies
08-30-2018, 10:56 PM
AA does his job very well.
The end of the reciprocal is the obviously out come for violators.
Words need to be said and understood.

word302
08-30-2018, 11:24 PM
AA does his job very well.
The end of the reciprocal is the obviously out come for violators.
Words need to be said and understood.

He does that part of his job well. EB member and regular representative, not so much.

jacburn
08-31-2018, 07:23 AM
Can you post that?

From the UA page:

The skywest student body council recently released this letter to itís pilot group regarding the upcoming changes to the jumpseat listing process. Apparently the other uax carriers have put out similar letters.

caprussjacsapa
08-31-2018, 06:41 PM
From the UA page:

I think I really stepped in it this time

Rtmcfi
09-01-2018, 09:25 AM

Um, it was a letter on a company website. I would call that internal. Once the wagons are circled, there will be another letter that is public signed by all the respective carriers saying basically the same thing. At least that's how it went down last time UAL tried to dictate other carriers jumpseat policies. Arik is absolutely doing the right thing here. I don't mind at all being kept abreast of what's happening in regards to the Jumpseat. If you think he put that out as the first step, you are nuts. Last time this happened the UAL jumpseat coordinator wasn't even a commuter. This will all blow over, and the people who commute will get it straightened out. The banty roosters of APC will find something else to squawk about. You and Peepz have nothing to fear. Mainline will still come begging to hire you.

caprussjacsapa
09-01-2018, 05:02 PM
Um, it was a letter on a company website. I would call that internal. .

I would call that cowardly

TheFly
09-01-2018, 10:23 PM
hope they figure it out. It’s pretty embarrassing the way the student council is handling this. For example sending out threatening letters escalating the situation instead of trying to diffuse it.

deleted......

rickair7777
09-02-2018, 12:40 PM
I would call that cowardly

I think they're entitled to have an internal discussion. That should have stayed internal, rather than being released to the wild where every triggered tool at mainline can make a mountain out of molehill that doesn't exist yet. You for example created an APC account for the sole purpose of wading in on something that's not even your problem (yet). Leave them alone until your MEC gets a letter.

caprussjacsapa
09-02-2018, 01:05 PM
I think they're entitled to have an internal discussion. That should have stayed internal, rather than being released to the wild where every triggered tool at mainline can make a mountain out of molehill that doesn't exist yet. You for example created an APC account for the sole purpose of wading in on something that's not even your problem (yet). Leave them alone until your MEC gets a letter.

we have a board

savedbythevnav
09-02-2018, 01:23 PM
we have a board

The biggest board, the best, the most executive. No one has a better non-union board than us, believe me. It's absolutely tremendous.

ItnStln
09-02-2018, 08:19 PM
How do you tell the difference between a regional pilot, such as OO or YX, who flies for UAX versus American Eagle or Delta Connection? Is there any difference in their uniform?

chitolin
09-02-2018, 08:24 PM
How do you tell the difference between a regional pilot, such as OO or YX, who flies for UAX versus American Eagle or Delta Connection? Is there any difference in their uniform?

Uniform, wings. OO has golden epaulettes, RAH silver. Regardless of what partner they fly for

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ItnStln
09-02-2018, 08:26 PM
Uniform, wings. OO has golden epaulettes, RAH silver. Regardless of what partner they fly for

So do they wear AA/DL/UA wings and uniform or an OO or RAH uniform?

savedbythevnav
09-02-2018, 10:03 PM

Wings donít change although I couldíve bought DL wings in the MSP crew store and worn them, but Iíd look like even more of a douche.

SkyWest wings say ďSkyWestĒ on them and Republic wings say ďRepublicĒ

That should help narrow it down!

ninerdriver
09-03-2018, 03:27 AM

They wear the same OO/YX uniform for every carrier.

ItnStln
09-03-2018, 04:17 PM
Wings donít change although I couldíve bought DL wings in the MSP crew store and worn them, but Iíd look like even more of a douche.

SkyWest wings say ďSkyWestĒ on them and Republic wings say ďRepublicĒ

That should help narrow it down!

Thanks, it does narrow it down!

ItnStln
09-03-2018, 04:18 PM
They wear the same OO/YX uniform for every carrier.

Thanks for the clarification!

Viking6
09-15-2018, 09:03 PM
Teamsters at Republic just release very similar letter. Sounds like flight ops management is in full support of the effort. I donít believe the ALPA UAX carriers will be allowed to legally participate though.

WesternSkies
09-15-2018, 09:35 PM
Unity .

Bravix
09-16-2018, 09:59 AM
Teamsters at Republic just release very similar letter. Sounds like flight ops management is in full support of the effort. I donít believe the ALPA UAX carriers will be allowed to legally participate though.

"Legally"? Honest question, which law would prevent them from denying jumpseats?

Excargodog
09-16-2018, 10:21 AM
Of all the mountains SAPA could have chosen to die on, it surprises me they picked this one.

Viking6
09-16-2018, 10:54 AM
"Legally"? Honest question, which law would prevent them from denying jumpseats?

If theyíre represented by ALPA I believe that will cause a problem. ALPA national would definitely take UAs side.

Nevjets
09-16-2018, 12:56 PM
If theyíre represented by ALPA I believe that will cause a problem. ALPA national would definitely take UAs side.

ALPA national has absolutely no way of doing anything about this. This issue is between MECs at each airline and their respective managements.

Check Complete
09-16-2018, 01:07 PM
IMO as much as SkyWest management hates unions I can't see them bowing down to UAL ALPA over this jump seat BS.

It would show the rank and file that unions do have a presence and can make a difference.

It will be interesting how this plays out?

Viking6
09-16-2018, 01:29 PM
ALPA national has absolutely no way of doing anything about this. This issue is between MECs at each airline and their respective managements.

If thatís the case, then this may work. We were told that ALPA UAX carriers would probably not be able to participate. I suspect if all UAX carriers held the line on this, then it would get fixed.

Bravix
09-16-2018, 07:24 PM

Even if that's the case, it wouldn't be a legal issue really. Legality has to do with laws, not union policies. I don't see why one MEC couldn't take action against another MEC which is trying to change an agreement without an agreement of terms. Union might not like it, I suppose they might have the power to threaten to drop that MEC from ALPA, though they wouldn't ($$$).

But I could be mistaken, which is why I asked, in case I was missing something.

Nevjets
09-16-2018, 08:57 PM
Even if that's the case, it wouldn't be a legal issue really. Legality has to do with laws, not union policies. I don't see why one MEC couldn't take action against another MEC which is trying to change an agreement without an agreement of terms. Union might not like it, I suppose they might have the power to threaten to drop that MEC from ALPA, though they wouldn't ($$$).

But I could be mistaken, which is why I asked, in case I was missing something.

No MEC has power over any other MEC, let alone the power to drop an MEC from ALPA. Thatís not the way ALPA is set up. Each individual pilot group is independent of the other and from national.

Nevjets
09-16-2018, 09:00 PM
If thatís the case, then this may work. We were told that ALPA UAX carriers would probably not be able to participate. I suspect if all UAX carriers held the line on this, then it would get fixed.

Jumpseat agreements are by mutual and reciprocal agreement. If an agreement cannot be made, and therefore cancelled, there is no ability to Jumpseat on that carrier. And the only thing that can be done is to cancel any reciprocal agreement. Thatís not ideal for anyone, including management.

ReadyRsv
09-19-2018, 10:07 PM
FYI guys. United ex SkyWester here. You have a few people over in the UAL section tossing bombs. These randos are being quoted all over the interwebs and the anger level on the UAL side is approaching critical mass. Iíd recommend telling them to relax and let SAPA do the talking until the time comes to distribute a letter.

Iíd also like to remind everyone the last SAPA rep to not have a medical M.E. Sold out OO pilots and R.J. May not have one, Iím not positive he can get another job paying what he gets at OO. Thatís bad juju.

I would also not trust anything the ďpilots pilotĒ VP says about backing up SAPA reps and line pilots in this fight. Without making a statement on the merits of this argument, I could see TT changing the FOM without SAPA concurance. Because he can. And he doesnít give a sh!t about any SkyWest pilot except himself.

Best wishes to everyone. Iím sure this will get ironed out. But if push comes to shove, I would be careful. TT wants lower attrition and UAL blacklisting OO guys would be good for him. Then heíll sell you out and give UAL whatever they want.

Paid2fly
09-20-2018, 01:32 AM
FYI guys. United ex SkyWester here. You have a few people over in the UAL section tossing bombs. These randos are being quoted all over the interwebs and the anger level on the UAL side is approaching critical mass. Iíd recommend telling them to relax and let SAPA do the talking until the time comes to distribute a letter.

Iíd also like to remind everyone the last SAPA rep to not have a medical M.E. Sold out OO pilots and R.J. May not have one, Iím not positive he can get another job paying what he gets at OO. Thatís bad juju.

I would also not trust anything the ďpilots pilotĒ VP says about backing up SAPA reps and line pilots in this fight. Without making a statement on the merits of this argument, I could see TT changing the FOM without SAPA concurance. Because he can. And he doesnít give a sh!t about any SkyWest pilot except himself.

Best wishes to everyone. Iím sure this will get ironed out. But if push comes to shove, I would be careful. TT wants lower attrition and UAL blacklisting OO guys would be good for him. Then heíll sell you out and give UAL whatever they want.

TT? :confused:

peepz
09-20-2018, 03:45 AM

So a few of our guys are running their mouth, but there is over 80 pages of UAL pilots chest thumping and putting down all regional pilots. Pretty nauseating to read. Itís definitely made me think about how little yíall think of us.

It will be ironed out, but that thread is ridiculous. To be honest though if that is what gets your pilot group to a critical mass anger level, that is pretty immature and pathetic. Right now I donít know one pilot who has even talked about denying the jumpseat or even cares about this thing. Right now this pilot group has a lot more to focus on, voting in ALPA and getting a better contract.

CousinEddie
09-20-2018, 06:21 AM
So a few of our guys are running their mouth, but there is over 80 pages of UAL pilots chest thumping and putting down all regional pilots. Pretty nauseating to read. Itís definitely made me think about how little yíall think of us.

It will be ironed out, but that thread is ridiculous. To be honest though if that is what gets your pilot group to a critical mass anger level, that is pretty immature and pathetic. Right now I donít know one pilot who has even talked about denying the jumpseat or even cares about this thing. Right now this pilot group has a lot more to focus on, voting in ALPA and getting a better contract.

Many of us used to be regional pilots. So you can stop with the putting down all regional pilots bit. It is unfortunate that some are incapable of debating without name calling. Do that and then get caught lying about supposedly being hired by Delta. Well, it makes for a rather ugly thread. You are correct, it will be ironed out.

keepinitreal
09-20-2018, 07:19 AM
Many of us used to be regional pilots. So you can stop with the putting down all regional pilots bit. It is unfortunate that some are incapable of debating without name calling. Do that and then get caught lying about supposedly being hired by Delta. Well, it makes for a rather ugly thread. You are correct, it will be ironed out.

Your post refuted none of what he said, which was an excellent point. btw, you are one of the worst offenders on that board. Now you are over here trolling the Skywest boards. A mainline pilot acting like a 2-year old. You should be ashamed of yourself.

CousinEddie
09-20-2018, 08:27 AM
Your post refuted none of what he said, which was an excellent point. btw, you are one of the worst offenders on that board. Now you are over here trolling the Skywest boards. A mainline pilot acting like a 2-year old. You should be ashamed of yourself.

Aw geeez. You mean Iím kicked off your board too after just one post? I found your cartoon posts on the other thread so inspiring I was hoping to share some here. Good luck to you.

keepinitreal
09-20-2018, 09:21 AM
Aw geeez. You mean Iím kicked off your board too after just one post? I found your cartoon posts on the other thread so inspiring I was hoping to share some here. Good luck to you.

At least us Regional guys have some excuse for reading over the Major boards. Kind of like CFIs reading the Regional boards. You being back down here at the Regional boards to tell all of us minions that "we are correct, this will be ironed out" i.e. the way you guys want it to be, is just plain pathetic. Go wave your imaginary big #@$ somewhere else, nobody is impressed nor intimidated here. This isn't the 1990s anymore, you do not walk on water. We realize you do the exact same job we do, you just fly less United passengers per month then a Skywest pilot at a United base.

ReadyRsv
09-20-2018, 10:24 AM

Youíre right. There is a lot of anger. Because of Arics letter that got out. What I am here to do is tell you that the people over on the United forum are screwing evsryone who wants a United job, bigly. There is a lot of tension over this and regardless of who ďwinsĒ (it will be UAL 1000%) you guys will be the ones most harmed. I guarantee it. You are being led astray by SAPA and it will harm peopleís careers. So maybe do some self policing and tell these guys to cool it. Or donít, doesnít affect me.

word302
09-20-2018, 10:29 AM
Youíre right. There is a lot of anger. Because of Arics letter that got out. What I am here to do is tell you that the people over on the United forum are screwing evsryone who wants a United job, bigly. There is a lot of tension over this and regardless of who ďwinsĒ (it will be UAL 1000%) you guys will be the ones most harmed. I guarantee it. You are being led astray by SAPA and it will harm peopleís careers. So maybe do some self policing and tell these guys to cool it. Or donít, doesnít affect me.

That thread is a giant dumpster fire with children on both sides of the issue. Give me a break.

peepz
09-20-2018, 10:36 AM

People are mad because we are pilots and itís inherent in our culture and this happens to be the flavor of the month. No jumpseat war has been started. Letís look at two examples. Your forum thread is literally called ďjumpseat warĒ and all it is bashing others when there has been no attempt by either party to actually continue with a jumpseat war. The title in this thread is what it actually is which is a jumpseat disagreement.

Also this will not blemish those of us in any way in regards to being hired at UAL, thatís an empty threat. I know of numerous people this month who have moved on to UAL from OO.

Each CA will choose to either follow this change or blatantly ignore it.

ReadyRsv
09-20-2018, 10:54 AM
What you are describing will get you blacklisted from United. Thatís why Iím over here. You guys seem to think just because both sides are mad that the results will pan out the same. Denying a pilot because you feel like it will get the jumpseat agreement nullified completely.

What I am here to earn you about is that anyone who wants to come to United should be 100% telling SAPA AND their own pilots to shut up immediately. It doesnít matter what the United guys on the forum are saying. Ignore it and tell people who are going over there to stop. There is no possible benefit to purposely upset those guys. There is tremendous downside.

peepz
09-20-2018, 11:09 AM
They are upset because it favors them greatly but no one is bowing down and giving it to them on a silver platter when this is a change to the agreement that favors only one side.

We already are in the process of getting rid of SAPA, so give us some time.

Thanks for the warning though about us possibly losing our opportunity to be at UAL one day. That would be a terrible outcome over something so petty; however Iíll have to give the UAL hiring team the benefit of the doubt and hope they know what good people they have working at express jet, TSA, republic, gojet, Mesa, and OO who have made it their goal to get on there.

Melit
09-20-2018, 11:32 AM
What you are describing will get you blacklisted from United. Thatís why Iím over here. You guys seem to think just because both sides are mad that the results will pan out the same. Denying a pilot because you feel like it will get the jumpseat agreement nullified completely.

What I am here to earn you about is that anyone who wants to come to United should be 100% telling SAPA AND their own pilots to shut up immediately. It doesnít matter what the United guys on the forum are saying. Ignore it and tell people who are going over there to stop. There is no possible benefit to purposely upset those guys. There is tremendous downside.

Peepz, Keepinitreal and check complete don't know when to shut up ever, in any thread....

peepz
09-20-2018, 12:03 PM
Peepz, Keepinitreal and check complete don't know when to shut up ever, in any thread....

Hmm check out my post history. Man your game is weak.

sn00p
09-20-2018, 12:43 PM

Elll ohhhh elll...

Want to take your own advice?

<3 peace be with all. :D

Melit
09-20-2018, 01:05 PM
Elll ohhhh elll...

Want to take your own advice?

<3 peace be with all. :D

No. Thats bad advice. It's a good read in the United forums. WOW..

sn00p
09-20-2018, 02:35 PM
No. Thats bad advice. It's a good read in the United forums. WOW..

Touchť

Filler

word302
09-20-2018, 03:41 PM

Hmmm. Hello Pot.

Check Complete
09-20-2018, 05:10 PM
Did anybody ever figure out if Melanyit is really a pilot somewhere or just a disgruntled troll that didn’t make her HS cheerleading squad?

Weight limitations are sad but necessary......

Flyhayes
09-20-2018, 06:49 PM
YThere is a lot of tension over this and regardless of who ďwinsĒ (it will be UAL 1000%) you guys will be the ones most harmed. I guarantee it.

You do realize that last time United tried to unilaterally change the jumpseat agreement they lost right? Funny how United pilots are up in arms over this when the other UAX carriers are only protecting the agreement that is already in place. For the most part, this is a union to union issue between the carriers. And you good Union stewards are asking us UAX plebs to go against our own union agreements, else we get blacklisted for it? The level of hypocrisy is sickening and quite a sad reflection of the lack of of respect you have for your colleagues or their unions.

ReadyRsv
09-20-2018, 09:02 PM
For the most part, this is a union to union issue between the carriers. And you good Union stewards are asking us UAX plebs to go against our own union agreements, else we get blacklisted for it? The level of hypocrisy is sickening and quite a sad reflection of the lack of of respect you have for your colleagues or their unions.

First off. Unless something has changed since I left, SkyWest has no union. I have a deep lack of respect for SAPA after seeing the inner workings as a rep. I can tell you, unequivocally (which I did in my first post on this thread, which you may wish to read) that you are being led down a very dark road.

Secondly, Peepz (who I was responding to) changed his post. He said, even if the agreement changes, he will be using his own personal criteria to deny UAL jumpseaters. I would say that is a bad idea. I am NOT saying in ANY WAY that you go against your own (your words not mine) "union" but that this can turn ugly. You don't want to be the guy that dicks everything up just because you felt like being a one man army.

Look, I came here to warn you guys that this will get very ugly if you allow it. One way is to antagonize the United pilots on the United forum.

Don't like what is happening, talk to your reps. But I GUARANTEE, as someone who has worked at BOTH companies and worked in the (real) Union at UAL and the (fake) one at SkyWest; You will not win any sort of battle with United, today. TG does not have your back. Chip has it even less. He will change the FOM priority 1 minute after talking to SAPA and RJ will have nothing to say about it, because he can't even fly the line.

Anyway, I've wasted enough time here. If you want to go **** off these guys, BEFORE you even have a letter, do it. Poison your own well. It's your future, not mine.

I recommend remaining tactful and not going around ****ing people off for ****s and giggles.

ReadyRsv
09-20-2018, 09:04 PM
They are upset because it favors them greatly but no one is bowing down and giving it to them on a silver platter when this is a change to the agreement that favors only one side.

We already are in the process of getting rid of SAPA, so give us some time.

Thanks for the warning though about us possibly losing our opportunity to be at UAL one day. That would be a terrible outcome over something so petty; however Iíll have to give the UAL hiring team the benefit of the doubt and hope they know what good people they have working at express jet, TSA, republic, gojet, Mesa, and OO who have made it their goal to get on there.

If you decide to start randomly, of your own accord, denying jumpseats, you will severely limit your career. I see you deleted your previous post about it. Don't do it, let the people who's job it is to figure this out do their jobs. That's all I'm saying. That and don't troll the old guys in the United forum, that doesn't help your case.

peepz
09-21-2018, 04:39 AM
If you decide to start randomly, of your own accord, denying jumpseats, you will severely limit your career. I see you deleted your previous post about it. Don't do it, let the people who's job it is to figure this out do their jobs. That's all I'm saying. That and don't troll the old guys in the United forum, that doesn't help your case.

Check my post hero... I havenít even gone into the other forum trolling, because all it is non stop banter.

First come, first serve jumpseat like it has always been. I am not worried about my job prospects or my co-workers job prospects at UAL, itís totally out of my hands who UAL decides to hire. I highly doubt UAL will blacklist all OO pilots or any carriers that are just trying to do their job to get to work.

Also itís not randomly denying jumpseats if Iím following my FOM and agreement that has been the agreement in place before one company decides its time to change the whole priority. Itís pretty simple if a UAL guy checks in first they get the seat, if a express guy checks in first they get the seat.

rickair7777
09-21-2018, 08:12 AM

Yeah, unless you unilaterally go over the top and get into it in person with someone with connections at UAL, you won't get blacklisted. No airline "blacklists" candidates because a single line pilot has a personal axe to grind. Stay professional, if it comes right down to it, apologize profusely, hand them a copy of whatever statement UAX come's up with, and go about your business.

But professional in this case means you do need to have an apologetic face-to-face discussion with someone you deny. If they get denied by the gate, they won't even know why.

domino
09-21-2018, 09:06 AM
IMO as much as SkyWest management hates unions I can't see them bowing down to UAL ALPA over this jump seat BS.

It would show the rank and file that unions do have a presence and can make a difference.

It will be interesting how this plays out?

Theyíll bow down as soon as pilots canít get to work because they are being kicked off Jumpseats. Operational intergrity speaks

ReadyRsv
09-21-2018, 12:52 PM
Yeah, unless you unilaterally go over the top and get into it in person with someone with connections at UAL, you won't get blacklisted. No airline "blacklists" candidates because a single line pilot has a personal axe to grind. Stay professional, if it comes right down to it, apologize profusely, hand them a copy of whatever statement UAX come's up with, and go about your business.

But professional in this case means you do need to have an apologetic face-to-face discussion with someone you deny. If they get denied by the gate, they won't even know why.

I agree. Peepz changed his original post where he said he would implement his own system after a FOM
Change which is why I brought up the whole thing. I wish everyone the best and am sure cooler heads will prevail.

peepz
09-21-2018, 01:28 PM
I agree. Peepz changed his original post where he said he would implement his own system after a FOM
Change which is why I brought up the whole thing. I wish everyone the best and am sure cooler heads will prevail.

They havenít changed or nor will they change our FOM.

Read the posts ďFirst come, first serve jumpseat like it has always been. I am not worried about my job prospects or my co-workers job prospects at UAL, itís totally out of my hands who UAL decides to hire. I highly doubt UAL will blacklist all OO pilots or any carriers that are just trying to do their job to get to work. Ē

Westernflight
09-27-2018, 07:42 AM
Anyone else locked out of the original Jumpseat war thread in the United forum?

word302
09-27-2018, 01:57 PM
Anyone else locked out of the original Jumpseat war thread in the United forum?

Pretty sure that dumpster fire was deleted.

Bonanzer
09-28-2018, 06:08 AM
Nice work guys and gals. We just got a union email from the Republic jumpseat committee saying the priority has been fixed. Thanks for taking a stand with us!

TheWeatherman
09-28-2018, 06:53 AM
Great job on the jumpseat committee and to Skywest and Republic for coming together! I would advise from gloating too much. No need to rub salt on the wound here. All that happened was an agreement to keep the current agreement in-place instead of a unilateral land grab from UAL. Reciprocal agreements are two ways not one.

Viking6
09-28-2018, 08:09 AM
Simply maintaining the status quo. We give the teamsters a lot of crap, but it sounds like the teamster airline division really went to bat on this issue. Iím sure this isnít the end of this issue, but prevents unilateral changes.

Sunvox
09-28-2018, 02:25 PM
I don't use the jumpseat as I live in base, but I am a United pilot, and I agree changing the agreement seems wrong BUT I read on the private UAL forum that people on APC were posting the situation had been resolved in favor of the regionals. I'm the curious type so I just emailed our Jumpseat Rep and he says as of Friday the 28th at 5PM that such was not the case, and the changes were still moving forward, and whatever people on APC think they heard it's simply not true. Like I said - I got no dog in this fight, but just thought I'd share the intel.

TheWeatherman
09-28-2018, 06:38 PM
I don't use the jumpseat as I live in base, but I am a United pilot, and I agree changing the agreement seems wrong BUT I read on the private UAL forum that people on APC were posting the situation had been resolved in favor of the regionals. I'm the curious type so I just emailed our Jumpseat Rep and he says as of Friday the 28th at 5PM that such was not the case, and the changes were still moving forward, and whatever people on APC think they heard it's simply not true. Like I said - I got no dog in this fight, but just thought I'd share the intel.
Have your jumpseat rep check in with the jumpseat committee. Also, they are wrong on the UAL forums as nothing was ruled in favor of the Regionals. The existing agreement was kept in place.

Viking6
09-28-2018, 09:37 PM

A very official memo was sent out to Republic pilots from the union. Pretty much saying the status quo will continue.

Levigarrett
09-29-2018, 05:20 PM
Why canít we keep this fight going until Jan? Iíd really like a Jumpseat denial the third week of December. We can play nice in the new year...

word302
09-29-2018, 10:10 PM
Why canít we keep this fight going until Jan? Iíd really like a Jumpseat denial the third week of December. We can play nice in the new year...

That seems professional.

Taco280AI
10-01-2018, 05:08 PM
Off topic, but JS related

Have to thank the SkyWest captain who held the plane for me for about 15 minutes because the gate agent couldn't properly list me. Their issue or the system, don't know. But I do know the captain was up there as well making sure I got home, holding the flight, on their go home leg, late in the evening. Could have easily said sorry, we have to go, but he didn't. Way to take care of another pilot.

Thank you!

TheFly
10-10-2018, 07:08 AM

Have to thank the SkyWest captain who held the plane for me for about 15 minutes because the gate agent couldn't properly list me. Their issue or the system, don't know. But I do know the captain was up there as well making sure I got home, holding the flight, on their go home leg, late in the evening. Could have easily said sorry, we have to go, but he didn't. Way to take care of another pilot.

Thank you!

Bravo..This is the SKW difference.

SlimIV
10-10-2018, 07:27 AM

Thank you!

I had a similar experience a few months ago from a Spirit crew. The FO saw myself and another jumpseater attempting to board. The FO not only showed us how to list online for the flight, but he also informed the captain of our situation when the gate agent had trouble clearing us. The captain then delayed the flight and phoned the chief pilot to ensure that we were eligible to board the flight. By the way this all occurred at around 10pm. I am embarrassed that I have not thought to bring this situation to light before, as we hear so many stories of crews being mistreated while trying to jumpseat. To this crew, and every other that has gone out of the way to ensure that we get home, thank you, and I look forward to the day that I can pay it forward.

reelbigchair
10-11-2018, 09:23 AM
Has official communication come from SAPA or Teamsters saying the priority going forward will remain as it has in the past? If so, would anyone be willing to post it?

TheWeatherman
10-11-2018, 09:55 AM
Has official communication come from SAPA or Teamsters saying the priority going forward will remain as it has in the past? If so, would anyone be willing to post it?

Yes and no

reelbigchair
10-11-2018, 02:40 PM
Yes and no

Not trying to stir the pot, just genuinely interested in official comms instead of trying to sift through hearsay and rumor. As a United pilot and ex SkyWest pilot Im hoping for a amicable solution.

TheWeatherman
10-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Not trying to stir the pot, just genuinely interested in official comms instead of trying to sift through hearsay and rumor. As a United pilot and ex SkyWest pilot Im hoping for a amicable solution.
There has been an amicable solution. Which really was keep everything the same. If there is to be a change, it needs to be negotiated through the Jump Seat committee to avoid something like this in the future.

I would never publicly post Union documents or communication. If my Union wants it to be public, they will issue a public release.

Check Complete
10-11-2018, 04:44 PM

Ever thought of calling your JS coordinator, because I think you are trying to stir the pot?

reelbigchair
10-11-2018, 09:14 PM
Ever thought of calling your JS coordinator, because I think you are trying to stir the pot?

I have been in contact with them. I guess youll have to take my word for my motives. I didnít think itd be a big deal to post the new letter since people readily posted the teamsters letter about denying Jumpseaters. Posting the retraction seems reasonable. But hey, if its super secret no worries, Ill wait.

reelbigchair
10-11-2018, 09:22 PM

I have been in contact with them. I guess youll have to take my word for my motives. I didnít think itd be a big deal to post the new letter since people readily posted the teamsters letter about denying Jumpseaters. Posting the retraction seems reasonable. But hey, if its super secret no worries, Ill wait.

TheWeatherman
10-11-2018, 10:04 PM
I have been in contact with them. I guess youll have to take my word for my motives. I didn’t think itd be a big deal to post the new letter since people readily posted the teamsters letter about denying Jumpseaters. Posting the retraction seems reasonable. But hey, if its super secret no worries, Ill wait.

k, see you later. Good chat.

domino
10-31-2018, 10:34 AM
There has been an amicable solution. Which really was keep everything the same.

Ha ha. Weíll see.....

savedbythevnav
10-31-2018, 12:22 PM
Ha ha. Weíll see.....

That's what everyone in the UA thread was saying until the "we'll see" didn't happen and the thread was subsequently deleted.

We also heard "we'll see" in 2008.

So...we'll see!

TransWorld
10-31-2018, 01:10 PM
That's what everyone in the UA thread was saying until the "we'll see" didn't happen and the thread was subsequently deleted.

We also heard "we'll see" in 2008.

So...we'll see!

Growing up, I remember my dad said that.

Daddy, can you buy me this candy bar? We’ll see.

Dad, can you get me dog? We’ll see.

Dad, can you give my friends a party on Saturday night? We’ll see.

Dad, can you give me a car, when I turn 16? We’ll see.

Dad, can you. . .? We’ll see. But you didn’t even hear my question. We’ll see.

Bartender
10-31-2018, 06:19 PM
No SkyWest pilots on my jumpseat any more. You want to be part of the profession, then join the union. Until then you can walk to work.

word302
10-31-2018, 07:16 PM
No SkyWest pilots on my jumpseat any more. You want to be part of the profession, then join the union. Until then you can walk to work.

LOL. You're a tool.

jpso
10-31-2018, 07:33 PM

Another RJ pilot saying SKW can't ride the JS cause there is no union. Weren't you the one complaining about unions not backing RJ pilots?

saxman66
11-02-2018, 09:39 AM

Do you plan to do the same thing for every other non union carrier thatís in CASS? There are quite a few of them that your airline probably has a jumpseat agreement with. Some of the EAS carriers, like Cape Air come to mind. ALPA may have played a huge part in establishing CASS and KCM, but the intentions go far beyond just ALPA carriers. But go ahead, beat your chest and show your PIC authority.

savedbythevnav
11-02-2018, 09:58 AM

I can see why you unintentionally became a lifer at a regional.

Melit
11-03-2018, 05:00 AM
LOL. You're a tool.

Actually you are a tool. Just an fo that thinks everyone owes you something. Millennials are so cute..

Floyd
12-07-2018, 11:17 AM
Word from a United LEC meeting that the Express Jumpseat priority of 1) own pilots 2) UAL pilots 3) other UAX 4) other airline will be implemented soon.

TheWeatherman
12-07-2018, 11:52 AM
Word from a United LEC meeting that the Express Jumpseat priority of 1) own pilots 2) UAL pilots 3) other UAX 4) other airline will be implemented soon.
Then we will be right back to where we were a few months ago. Do they think anything is going to change?

trip
12-07-2018, 05:28 PM
Then we will be right back to where we were a few months ago. Do they think anything is going to change?

Ignore him, he's a man child, gets off by rattling the EX cage, probably has an I love myself wall in his home.

Floyd
12-07-2018, 05:54 PM
Ignore him, he's a man child, gets off by rattling the EX cage, probably has an I love myself wall in his home.

Do what you wish with the info. Makes no difference to me. Btw, it's not a wall. It's a wing. ;)

Check Complete
12-07-2018, 09:50 PM
Do what you wish with the info. Makes no difference to me. Btw, it's not a wall. It's a wing. ;)

You mean like the sanitary napkin with wings?

Silver02ex
12-07-2018, 10:04 PM

Iím on the XJT side

We've been hiring many XJT pilot this year, and I hope you're not one of them. It's ok, the Skywest pilots are more than welcome on the yellow bus even if you don't take them :rolleyes: