Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : DFW base

GreenBanana
08-30-2018, 02:22 PM
Starting soon on the CRJ. I am wondering if the DFW base will go junior when it opens. The HR people were doubtful, so I figured I would get a second opinion here. Any thoughts?
Also looking at FAT. Can anyone tell me how many crews there are there?

word302
08-30-2018, 02:39 PM
Starting soon on the CRJ. I am wondering if the DFW base will go junior when it opens. The HR people were doubtful, so I figured I would get a second opinion here. Any thoughts?

DFW is going pretty junior as we speak, at least on the captain side. FAT is also pretty junior. Where do you live?

majorpilot
08-30-2018, 02:41 PM

Are you starting 5 Sep?

Iíve heard 43 FOs in FAT.

No idea on DFW.

GreenBanana
08-30-2018, 02:54 PM
DFW is going pretty junior as we speak, at least on the captain side. FAT is also pretty junior. Where do you live?

Thanks for the info. I live in SMF.
DFW has 4-5 non-stops from here on AA, so that would be better than ORD or MSP (or DTW) which have one or two. FAT is what I am hoping for as I'd rather drive to work (eventually SFO or LAX). But, I am prepared to commute for a while.

GreenBanana
08-30-2018, 02:55 PM
Are you starting 5 Sep?

Iíve heard 43 FOs in FAT.

No idea on DFW.

Cool. Start on the 19th.

word302
08-30-2018, 02:58 PM
Thanks for the info. I live in SMF.
DFW has 4-5 non-stops from here on AA, so that would be better than ORD or MSP (or DTW) which have one or two. FAT is what I am hoping for as I'd rather drive to work (eventually SFO or LAX). But, I am prepared to commute for a while.

New hires got FAT on last months bid. I would imagine you could hold it before finishing training or soon after. It is a very small base though, so don't count on anything. DFW is new and growing so your timing is excellent to get that.

word302
08-30-2018, 03:06 PM
LOL. SFO just went junior to DFW. Every month is different.

majorpilot
08-30-2018, 05:44 PM
LOL. SFO just went junior to DFW. Every month is different.

Cost of housing + no income tax? Makes sense.

word302
08-30-2018, 05:51 PM
Cost of housing + no income tax? Makes sense.

I'd plan on a 6 month commute. It will likely be much shorter. 1 or 2 newbies have been getting FAT for the last couple months. SFO will likely come soon after.

majorpilot
08-30-2018, 06:37 PM
I'd plan on a 6 month commute. It will likely be much shorter. 1 or 2 newbies have been getting FAT for the last couple months. SFO will likely come soon after.

Is it too much to hope to be one of the ď1 or 2 newbiesĒ?

word302
08-30-2018, 06:39 PM
Is it too much to hope to be one of the ď1 or 2 newbiesĒ?

I don't think so. Not many people want FAT. It's just a matter of if there are open spots when it's your time.

majorpilot
08-30-2018, 07:21 PM
I don't think so. Not many people want FAT. It's just a matter of if there are open spots when it's your time.

Thanks Word, appreciate your insight. Iíve got a low SSN, which Iím sold helps, and start indoc on the 6th. We shall see soon enough ...

majorpilot
08-30-2018, 07:21 PM
Thanks Word, appreciate your insight. Iíve got a low SSN, which Iím sold helps, and start indoc on the 6th. We shall see soon enough ...

Told not sold ... Doh!