Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Interview to class date

Noleone
08-31-2018, 09:52 AM
What are the earliest available class dates people are seeing if interviewing now? Thanks

greendotplus10
08-31-2018, 10:08 AM
What are the earliest available class dates people are seeing if interviewing now? Thanks

For reference, late last year I did my ATP-CTP one week after interview, then started indoc one week after that finished. Indoc to IOE completion was just under 3 months. I think this is about as fast as it can be done anywhere. I saw very little sim delay and no extra training. There also just happened to be a couple spots left in the first available ATP-CTP and indoc classes.

This may be changing because there is more hiring going on now than ever. Classrooms and FlightSafety simulators can only handle so many folks at a time.

BosoxH60
08-31-2018, 10:14 AM
I interviewed on Friday, notified on a Tuesday, and started Indoc the next Tuesday. So 10 days or so?

Noleone
08-31-2018, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the quick responses! These are both really quick time frames, and great news. Are your experiences recent? I guess I should add that I would need ATP/CTP before class but I see that as part of “class” even though I wouldn’t be paid.

dera
08-31-2018, 10:36 AM
Thanks for the quick responses! These are both really quick time frames, and great news. Are your experiences recent? I guess I should add that I would need ATP/CTP before class but I see that as part of “class” even though I wouldn’t be paid.

Earliest they offered mid-August was 2 weeks interview->CTP and class week after that.

pilotdream90
08-31-2018, 12:29 PM
Interviewed the 23rd of August & got an october 15th class date because i have a 135 job that i have to give notice to but there were ealier dates available.

Noleone
08-31-2018, 02:14 PM
Great info everyone. Thanks for all the help

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1