Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : NetJets Increasing Hiring...

CaFarful
08-31-2018, 03:07 PM
The number of newhire pilots had been increased for 2018 to satisfy growth airframes.

If youíre interested, it seems like a great time to get apps in here.

kls81
08-31-2018, 06:09 PM
Do you know what the competitive hiring mins are?

Thanks

MWilliams
08-31-2018, 06:17 PM
The basic requirements are;
ATP MEL
First Class medical
2500 tt
500 MEL
250 IFR (sim doesnít count)

There are other requirements that you can find using the link below.

https://recruiting.adp.com/srccar/public/RTI.home?d=External&c=1059241

VamosALaPlaya
08-31-2018, 10:56 PM
Do you know what the competitive hiring mins are?

Thanks

Competitive minimums? Is that a joke? At this point they will take anyone with a pulse!! After 15+ years there, I can tell you it is going down hill fast.

howardhughes8
08-31-2018, 10:58 PM
Having recently left, NJ was still getting decent folks. I donít think it will last though. The market is simply too competitive (in our favor).

727C47
09-01-2018, 02:46 AM
The newbies Iíve seen have been good competent people, with decent experience under their belts, if you are at a Mom , and Pop 135 with no work rules or bennies, and donít aspire to the majors or global freights, NJA still seems to be a desired path for some, but if we want to be competitive we need to sweeten the pot for everybody considerably.

CaFarful
09-01-2018, 06:23 AM
Competitive minimums? Is that a joke? At this point they will take anyone with a pulse!! After 15+ years there, I can tell you it is going down hill fast.

Fake News

The process is fairly rigorous and the goal is to hire only the right people who will do well and thrive here... at NetJets.

The new pilots Iíve met and flown with are extremely competent and sharp.

Maybe you spent 15 years of your life in a place you were never suited?

If anything, thatís unfortunate... for you.

Good luck with your new future!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GeeWizDriver
09-01-2018, 07:33 AM
NJA still seems to be a desired path for some, but if we want to be competitive we need to sweeten the pot for everybody considerably.

Only 5 more years to wait for that to happen! Yea negotiating committee (of one)! :mad:

VamosALaPlaya
09-02-2018, 06:57 AM
Fake News

The process is fairly rigorous and the goal is to hire only the right people who will do well and thrive here... at NetJets.

Certainly your opinion. When I left this year, the few new hires I flew with left a lot to be desired. And of course you had to throw a dumb comment like being in a place I was never suited. Yeah. Like it may have nothing to do with an incompetent, wicked, asinine management team who has no vision, doesnít care about you, flat out lies to get people fired, etc.

I enjoyed this job very much until Sokol came along. I thought I would stay here until it was time to hang it up. Working 11-13 hour days, 3-5 legs a day, close to min rest every day simply is unsustainable and takes much of the enjoyment out of the job. Even with all the crap that is going on, it is still a decent job, no denying it. But now I work 13-15 days a month, 1 or 2 legs a day, and in a couple of months I will make more as an F/O than the equivalent schedule Captain at NJ, with a true retirement and being treated like a true aviation professional. Night and day.

Face it, the people getting hired at NJ are mostly going there because they cannot get hired at the top jobs, as NJ is most certainly not part of the upper echelon, mid to lower tier at best.

So you enjoy your job while you have it. Make one mistake and youíll see Boboís, Behnanís wrath.

howardhughes8
09-02-2018, 07:00 AM
Fake News

The process may be rigorous, but definitely not geared towards hiring pilots, but rather high end butlers who fly airplanes.

CaFarful
09-02-2018, 07:35 AM
The process may be rigorous, but definitely not geared towards hiring pilots, but rather high end butlers who fly airplanes.

Butlers? No.

But we do need pilots who are attentive to detail, donít mind working and who can present service well.

Itís... the job really. Its... what NetJets sells.

You want mass transit on the bus between big cities with the ďstow your bag and get out of the aisleĒ type of gig... those exist too. Those jobs require a differing skill set.

Itís no shock... unless the duck woke up one day after 15 years realizing they arenít a swan.

CaFarful
09-02-2018, 07:41 AM
Certainly your opinion. When I left this year, the few new hires I flew with left a lot to be desired. And of course you had to throw a dumb comment like being in a place I was never suited. Yeah. Like it may have nothing to do with an incompetent, wicked, asinine management team who has no vision, doesnít care about you, flat out lies to get people fired, etc.

I enjoyed this job very much until Sokol came along. I thought I would stay here until it was time to hang it up. Working 11-13 hour days, 3-5 legs a day, close to min rest every day simply is unsustainable and takes much of the enjoyment out of the job. Even with all the crap that is going on, it is still a decent job, no denying it. But now I work 13-15 days a month, 1 or 2 legs a day, and in a couple of months I will make more as an F/O than the equivalent schedule Captain at NJ, with a true retirement and being treated like a true aviation professional. Night and day.

Face it, the people getting hired at NJ are mostly going there because they cannot get hired at the top jobs, as NJ is most certainly not part of the upper echelon, mid to lower tier at best.

So you enjoy your job while you have it. Make one mistake and youíll see Boboís, Behnanís wrath.

Do you think that you are immediately ďon itĒ as a new pilot at your new employer? I bet you looked like a chimp with ham hands for a while like we all do until the entire job soaks in. For some, it takes years.

I doubt it.

These pilots are new to NetJets (some to biz av) but their skill sets are quite good.

I donít think itís fair to bang up on new people because they werenít as skilled at the same job you have been doing for many years in their first year with you.

Maybe you just got too used to flying with skill AND experience and then suddenly, you were forced to work harder to help both of you succeed as a crew?

Thatís an unfortunate attitude. But, itís not your problem now General Yeager. [emoji23][emoji23]

howardhughes8
09-02-2018, 07:48 AM
Butlers? No.

But we do need pilots who are attentive to detail, donít mind working and who can present service well.

Itís... the job really. Its... what NetJets sells.

You want mass transit on the bus between big cities with the ďstow your bag and get out of the aisleĒ type of gig... those exist too. Those jobs require a differing skill set.

Itís no shock... unless the duck woke up one day after 15 years realizing they arenít a swan.

Looks like Flylow22 Mr 250 Need for Speed got a new handle 😉. Tone is undeniable. Couldnít take the heat no more 😜. Maybe we need Mr. Pfaff to come straighten you out again.

CaFarful
09-02-2018, 07:49 AM
Looks like Flylow22 Mr 250 Need for Speed got a new handle [emoji6]. Tone is undeniable. Couldnít take the heat no more [emoji12]. Maybe we need Mr. Pfaff to come straighten you out again.

??

howardhughes8
09-02-2018, 07:54 AM
??

The Phenomenal treating you good J?

CaFarful
09-02-2018, 07:55 AM
The Phenomenal treating you good J?

Mr. Hughes,

You have me at a loss. Iím not following you.

G550Guy
09-02-2018, 05:10 PM
Umm.... Iím not one to really give a crap, but why does my Tapatalk say this???

LOL.... someone ainít telling the truth round here!

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20180903/0474df392cd1a1b8420af624446397db.jpg

CaFarful
09-02-2018, 05:19 PM

How the HECK did you photoshop that?!

Thatís amazing!

G550Guy
09-02-2018, 07:37 PM
How the HECK did you photoshop that?!

Well.... I didnít photoshop it. And you created a new screen name for some unknown reason. But your Tapatalk account still recognized you as flylow22. Technology is a mother, especially when you donít know how to use it. Probably the funniest bust Iíve seen in a years.

You get a B+ for effort, but a F for execution.

GeeWizDriver
09-02-2018, 11:40 PM
Oooooo, snap! Totally busted. I think you should have to pay off the bet DOUBLE now...

GeeWizDriver
09-02-2018, 11:42 PM

Hey amigo, remember I’m still stuck here with golden handcuffs.

How is Brown treating you?

CaFarful
09-03-2018, 01:56 AM

Howard was always a bit irritable.

https://youtu.be/PW8hj3ucZpA

F16Driver
09-03-2018, 04:38 AM

This is friggin hilarious. So awesome.

CaFarful
09-03-2018, 05:49 AM
Well.... I didnít photoshop it. And you created a new screen name for some unknown reason. But your Tapatalk account still recognized you as flylow22. Technology is a mother, especially when you donít know how to use it. Probably the funniest bust Iíve seen in a years.

You get a B+ for effort, but a F for execution.

I donít know what to tell you brother.

TapaTalk has always been a pillar of accuracy and technological awesomeness.

How DID you photoshop that??

germanaviator
09-03-2018, 11:37 AM
I donít know what to tell you brother.

TapaTalk has always been a pillar of accuracy and technological awesomeness.

How DID you photoshop that??

It's embarrassing to watch this. Even from a few thousand nautical miles away.

Man up and admit you've been busted.

Finny McCool
09-03-2018, 12:03 PM
CaFarFul?

What, BallooonsAndPonies was already taken?

KTM Rider
09-03-2018, 02:01 PM
CaFarFul?

What, BallooonsAndPonies was already taken?

LOL! Giddy up.

BuckeyeFO
09-03-2018, 06:41 PM
NJASAP - I will pay $100 a year to have access to the union message board. Captain251 is a gift that never stops giving.

Peloton
09-04-2018, 08:25 AM
FlyLow got caught simple as that. Man up and laugh it off. You got banned and you created a new handle. Thatís cool. Everyone needs a hobby.

NJA is in baseball terms a AA team. I mean that in not a bad way either. If you want to get to the majors sometimes you have to go through the minors. Others get lost in the minors and enjoy it and donít mind the drawback. Some get called up straight to the majors and some go to AAA(regionals).

FlyLow22/ Careful or whatever handle he is today has a different take on NJA. He got hired there and upgraded early on. He didnít have to toil for 10-12 years in the right seat making low pay and babysitting the 70-80 year olds. He has a different perspective.

Now in regards to hiring NJA will always have a supply of ďtalentĒ. For a 135/91K gig itís the big fish in a small pond. Will it attract the top talent? Most likely not as they will always chase the money and the 121 world is where it is. Simple economics...to deny that is incorrect.

Das Auto
09-04-2018, 11:13 AM
Where did the posts about the 4.5 year upgrade go? Its not fair to write stuff like that. People should be given accurate information when considering a career destination. Even the recruiters are saying 10 plus years to upgrade at NJ, at least that's what they told me.

Flyfalcons
09-04-2018, 12:34 PM
Where did the posts about the 4.5 year upgrade go? Its not fair to write stuff like that. People should be given accurate information when considering a career destination. Even the recruiters are saying 10 plus years to upgrade at NJ, at least that's what they told me.

Right here:

Itíll come down much lower for those hiring on now.

As low as 4-5 years.

The backlog is being chewed through fast.

It's really shameful that such BS is being spread around.

CaFarful
09-04-2018, 12:50 PM
Right here:

It's really shameful that such BS is being spread around.

Man I wish this FLYLOW Guy were here today to explain his side of the story... but alas... Iíll speak for myself.

So...

Just because you donít personally with the upgrade time Iíve suggested doesnít mean that itís not feasible.

Thereís a difference between reality and opinion, just as there is a marked difference between optimism an pessimism. I also think everyone knows (or should with experience in the business) that when the music stops, it stops.

The last time the music stopped, it stopped for 12 years totally and 14 really to clear out furlough recalls industry wide.

Upgrade happens when it happens but AT THE RATE upgrades are occurring now at NetJets, itís a 4.5 year upgrade. That could change tomorrow right along with the 2 year A320 Captain at Delta and the really good stuff happening at United. Wait... whatís happening at United thatís good? [emoji23][emoji23]. There will still be EWR, ORD and IAD to look forward to.

Thereís been this underlying current of negativity regarding attracting the best pilots that NetJets can find to work here. I donít know if itís a conscious bargaining tactic. I donít know if itís just out of pure emotional reaction to many having been stuck for so long in the right seat.

It really doesnít matter.

The market will speak for itself and if NJA continues to lose more from the bottom than is considered productive financially, it will perhaps increase the package... and we know the Union will not agree to a better package for only the most junior. It will be for everyone.

How much? Who knows.

Whatís really nice to hear is that weíve met our hiring quota for the year and that more pilots will be hired his here for growth. More pilots. Growth planes. More upgrades.

Itís happening right now.

GeeWizDriver
09-04-2018, 01:12 PM
Man I wish this FLYLOW Guy were here today to explain his side of the story... but alas... I’ll speak for myself.

So...

Just because you don’t personally with the upgrade time I’ve suggested doesn’t mean that it’s not feasible.

There’s a difference between reality and opinion, just as there is a marked difference between optimism an pessimism. I also think everyone knows (or should with experience in the business) that when the music stops, it stops.

The last time the music stopped, it stopped for 12 years totally and 14 really to clear out furlough recalls industry wide.

Upgrade happens when it happens but AT THE RATE upgrades are occurring now at NetJets, it’s a 4.5 year upgrade. That could change tomorrow right along with the 2 year A320 Captain at Delta and the really good stuff happening at United. Wait... what’s happening at United that’s good? [emoji23][emoji23]. There will still be EWR, ORD and IAD to look forward to.

There’s been this underlying current of negativity regarding attracting the best pilots that NetJets can find to work here. I don’t know if it’s a conscious bargaining tactic. I don’t know if it’s just out of pure emotional reaction to many having been stuck for so long in the right seat.

It really doesn’t matter.

The market will speak for itself and if NJA continues to lose more from the bottom than is considered productive financially, it will perhaps increase the package... and we know the Union will not agree to a better package for only the most junior. It will be for everyone.

How much? Who knows.

What’s really nice to hear is that we’ve met our hiring quota for the year and that more pilots will be hired his here for growth. More pilots. Growth planes. More upgrades.

It’s happening right now.

Oh John, c’mon man. We know it’s you. You even drop words from your sentences the same way and post the same emojis that nobody can see and flog the same talking points the same way. You even dis United the exact same way. Hanging a new name on the same old schtick isn’t fooling anybody.

BV busted you fair and square. Man up and admit it.

I know you won’t and I’m beginning to wonder if you aren’t just as mentally ill as the Shrub.

CaFarful
09-04-2018, 01:14 PM
Oh John, címon man. We know itís you. You even drop words from your sentences the same way and post the same emojis that nobody can see and flog the same talking points the same way. You even dis United the exact same way. Hanging a new name on the same old schtick isnít fooling anybody.

I wish I could help you sir.

Many people dislike United. They beat a guy up, what... a year ago? A Steerage Class Pax?

I would ask you what your name is since youíve chosen one for me... that a nice name. However...

I will not ask your name because that is against the adopted APC TOS.

G550Guy
09-04-2018, 01:52 PM
Man I wish this FLYLOW Guy were here today to explain his side of the story... but alas... Iíll speak for myself.

So hereís the dealÖ And Iím being dead serious.

Just because you can manipulate the controls of an aircraft and you earned a FAA license to do so, doesnít mean that you meet all the parameters to safely operate an airplane ďTODAYĒ. Your mental well-being must also be demonstrated.

You are treading on very thin ice JL. If you continue down this path of denial and talking through an alter ego, pretending youíre not who you really are, I can promise you that You will receive a knock on the door from the FAA Aeromedical to conduct a mental examination. You cannot pretend to be someone youíre not, and think that no one (your employer as well) will notice or care. Sorry, your not driving a city bus, youíre operating a cruise missile in the eyes of the FAA/TSA/FBI. Our actions as everyday citizens absolutely have an effect on our careers as pilots. We hold a very special trust in the public eye, and signs of delusional behavior are major red flags. Your actions now... are raising that flag.

Now think wisely before you answer:

youíre here telling everyone on APC that the individual posting as ĎCaFarFulí is in fact NOT the same person who posts under the screen name as ĎFlyLow22í and that these two people are in fact different individuals possessing different human bodies and minds? Is that what youíre telling us?

givememywings
09-04-2018, 02:14 PM

So...

Just because you donít personally with the upgrade time Iíve suggested doesnít mean that itís not feasible.

Thereís a difference between reality and opinion, just as there is a marked difference between optimism an pessimism. I also think everyone knows (or should with experience in the business) that when the music stops, it stops.

Upgrade happens when it happens but AT THE RATE upgrades are occurring now at NetJets, itís a 4.5 year upgrade. That could change tomorrow right along with the 2 year A320 Captain at Delta and the really good stuff happening at United. Wait... whatís happening at United thatís good? [emoji23][emoji23]. There will still be EWR, ORD and IAD to look forward to.

Thereís been this underlying current of negativity regarding attracting the best pilots that NetJets can find to work here. I donít know if itís a conscious bargaining tactic. I donít know if itís just out of pure emotional reaction to many having been stuck for so long in the right seat.

It really doesnít matter.

How much? Who knows.

Whatís really nice to hear is that weíve met our hiring quota for the year and that more pilots will be hired his here for growth. More pilots. Growth planes. More upgrades.

Itís happening right now.

Hey look everyone, he said something truthful! They certainly had no problem giving the finger to FOs with the long smelly turd you call CBA15.

Plenty of people love EWR, ORD and IAD. Over 12k of us, in fact.

CaFarful
09-04-2018, 02:44 PM
So hereís the dealÖ And Iím being dead serious.

Just because you can manipulate the controls of an aircraft and you earned a FAA license to do so, doesnít mean that you meet all the parameters to safely operate an airplane ďTODAYĒ. Your mental well-being must also be demonstrated.

You are treading on very thin ice JL. If you continue down this path of denial and talking through an alter ego, pretending youíre not who you really are, I can promise you that You will receive a knock on the door from the FAA Aeromedical to conduct a mental examination. You cannot pretend to be someone youíre not, and think that no one (your employer as well) will notice or care. Sorry, your not driving a city bus, youíre operating a cruise missile in the eyes of the FAA/TSA/FBI. Our actions as everyday citizens absolutely have an effect on our careers as pilots. We hold a very special trust in the public eye, and signs of delusional behavior are major red flags. Your actions now... are raising that flag.

Now think wisely before you answer:

youíre here telling everyone on APC that the individual posting as ĎCaFarFulí is in fact NOT the same person who posts under the screen name as ĎFlyLow22í and that these two people are in fact different individuals possessing different human bodies and minds? Is that what youíre telling us?

Lol.

Not my rules.

https://www.internetbrands.com/ibterms/

Letís get back on topic. I want to discuss things about NetJets... and not really things about UPS... which Iím assuming you work for.

Why are you trolling a NetJets board anyway?