Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Just curious

InThisTogether
09-02-2018, 10:19 AM
I haven't heard any rumors at all. But Allegiant needs a ton of new Airbus and Frontier has hundreds on order. Wouldn't it be a drop in the bucket for Allegiant to buy Frontier Airlines? It seems like a no brainer to me.

disco inferno
09-02-2018, 10:21 AM
I haven't heard any rumors at all. But Allegiant needs a ton of new Airbus and Frontier has hundreds on order. Wouldn't it be a drop in the bucket for Allegiant to buy Frontier Airlines? It seems like a no brainer to me.
It won't happen for many reasons.

N1sync
09-02-2018, 11:02 AM

We donít want you, go beg Spirit or JetBlue to buy your debt instead

InThisTogether
09-02-2018, 12:58 PM
We donít want you, go beg Spirit or JetBlue to buy your debt instead

I donít blame you. The place is horrible. The thought just crossed my mind due to the Airbus orders we have. I wouldnít want us either.

Riverside
09-02-2018, 05:23 PM
I donít blame you. The place is horrible. The thought just crossed my mind due to the Airbus orders we have. I wouldnít want us either.

There's more to buying an airline than airplanes. For example business models.

Machaca
09-03-2018, 05:29 AM

Correct me if I'm wrong, but Frontier didn't order those planes, Indigo did...much like the oft rumored buyout of Sun Country, you don't have any actual assets from what I am reading. True?

InThisTogether
09-03-2018, 07:20 AM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but Frontier didn't order those planes, Indigo did...much like the oft rumored buyout of Sun Country, you don't have any actual assets from what I am reading. True?

Yes. That is true. It was just something that crossed my mind. But like you guys say. The facts don't add up.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1