Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : E190s

FlyingSlowly
09-02-2018, 06:47 PM
A few questions:

1) The retirement has been pushed back from 2019 to 2020, right? But latest official word is that they are still out of the fleet by the end of 2020?

2) Have there been any serious E2 rumors? Delta has its A220s coming, increasingly serious E2-195 rumblings at UAL... Just wondering if there might be a last minute reversal and significant order for a bunch of E2 planes (and possibly the much larger E2-195 at that).

3) Anyone know why the E190s were exclusively put in PHL? It seems that CLT, for example, could have really used them on more routes and to more markets. There's obviously a gap between the 319s and the CRJ900s that just isn't well served.

[Full disclosure: The regional carrier I fly for will very likely pick up CRJ-900 flying where and when the E190s diminish. Not proud of that, but that's what AAL management is choosing to do. I'm asking these questions because they influence base growth and possibly my progression in base seniority at my regional. Have to consider PHL because I'm being forced to upgrade and forced out of my domicile after our MEC threw senior FOs under the bus at my regional...]

CLTPilot190
09-02-2018, 08:48 PM
A few questions:

1) The retirement has been pushed back from 2019 to 2020, right? But latest official word is that they are still out of the fleet by the end of 2020?

2) Have there been any serious E2 rumors? Delta has its A220s coming, increasingly serious E2-195 rumblings at UAL... Just wondering if there might be a last minute reversal and significant order for a bunch of E2 planes (and possibly the much larger E2-195 at that).

3) Anyone know why the E190s were exclusively put in PHL? It seems that CLT, for example, could have really used them on more routes and to more markets. There's obviously a gap between the 319s and the CRJ900s that just isn't well served.

[Full disclosure: The regional carrier I fly for will very likely pick up CRJ-900 flying where and when the E190s diminish. Not proud of that, but that's what AAL management is choosing to do. I'm asking these questions because they influence base growth and possibly my progression in base seniority at my regional. Have to consider PHL because I'm being forced to upgrade and forced out of my domicile after our MEC threw senior FOs under the bus at my regional...]

Latest official word is 6 leave 1st Q 2020, the other 14 remain until last Q.

There are lots of rumors. Until the news hits Wall Street, that is all they are.

PHL is a good hub for the Shuttle ops the 190 has flown for years is my guess. The route network for the 190 will not expand, that is pretty much definite.

On a personal note, I see a gap that the E2 could fill nicely and hope it happens. I think 60 would be a good number. But having said that, I always miss the calls from Doug.

FeedTheYote
09-03-2018, 05:31 AM
One of Embraerís ďProfit HunterĒ E-190 E2ís was parked at DFW on Monday night / Tuesday. A spotter buddy of mine tracked it, and the DFW Airport FB page had pictures.

Sales pitch? Refuel/rest? I dunno.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Smoke Toliet
09-03-2018, 10:10 AM
IMO
Dollar store Doug will try to get us to pay for a new order. Thatís why the retirement is being push back right when our contact negotiations heat up. Some might bite but hopefully our guys see the big picture and realizes managementís decision doesnít hinge on us...they are just hoping weíll bite.

FlyyGuyy
09-03-2018, 12:06 PM
IMO
Dollar store Doug will try to get us to pay for a new order. Thatís why the retirement is being push back right when our contact negotiations heat up. Some might bite but hopefully our guys see the big picture and realizes managementís decision doesnít hinge on us...they are just hoping weíll bite.
Hold the line on scope!

redbaronahp
09-03-2018, 04:44 PM
Hold the line on scope!

Absolutely! No scope relief! If anything tighten it!

Name User
09-03-2018, 04:54 PM
One of Embraerís ďProfit HunterĒ E-190 E2ís was parked at DFW on Monday night / Tuesday. A spotter buddy of mine tracked it, and the DFW Airport FB page had pictures.

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

It hit other airline hubs too. I saw FLL and DEN I believe as well.

redbaronahp
09-03-2018, 04:57 PM

United pitch in Denver and a Spirit pitch in Fort Lauderdale maybe

redbaronahp
09-03-2018, 04:58 PM
United pitch in Denver and a Spirit pitch in Fort Lauderdale maybe
Or maybe Frontier in Denver.

TransWorld
09-03-2018, 05:02 PM

Before DFW it was spotted at Boeing Field and then at SEA.

Maybe Boeing is considering buying the company? And Alaska is a potential customer?? Purely speculation.

PRS Guitars
09-03-2018, 06:05 PM
Before DFW it was spotted at Boeing Field and then at SEA.

Maybe Boeing is considering buying the company? And Alaska is a potential customer?? Purely speculation.

Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but Iíll bite anyway. Boeing already did buy (or announced anyway) a controlling stake in Embraer. They did it to compete with Airbusís acquisition of Bombardier.

PRS Guitars
09-03-2018, 06:08 PM
Hold the line on scope!

Of course I agree with that, but scope has nothing to do with the 190 being mainline. We want that, itís a good thing, but the pay rates need to be higher.

kbay hombre
09-03-2018, 06:37 PM
Maybe my sarcasm detector is broken, but Iíll bite anyway. Boeing already did buy (or announced anyway) a controlling stake in Embraer. They did it to compete with Airbusís acquisition of Bombardier.

Yeah, I was scratching my head too. Maybe I'm not catching the sarcasm, but Boeing announced it was buying part of Embraer 2 months ago. So, makes perfect sense that an E190 is doing the rounds. When Airbus took over the C-Series/A220 from Bombardier, they started marketing it directly rather quickly, using their own team from Europe. Something tells me Boeing is taking more of an interest in trying to sell the E series now that they have a financial interest in it and the A220 assembly line is moving to Alabama.

https://www.cnbc.com/2018/07/05/boeing-embraer-to-form-joint-venture.html

ItnStln
09-03-2018, 07:53 PM

Į\_(ツ)_/Į

Whatís the info so I can track the Profit Hunter?

FeedTheYote
09-04-2018, 03:38 AM

Iíll ask my buddy and get back to you. I think there are three of them, each painted differently - shark, eagle, and tiger.

FlyyGuyy
09-04-2018, 04:29 AM
Of course I agree with that, but scope has nothing to do with the 190 being mainline. We want that, itís a good thing, but the pay rates need to be higher.

I agree. Just want to make sure we never see the 190 flying at envoy or piedmont or PSA etc.

The rates are terrible on it currently.

ItnStln
09-04-2018, 06:19 AM
Iíll ask my buddy and get back to you. I think there are three of them, each painted differently - shark, eagle, and tiger.

Thank you!

redbaronahp
09-04-2018, 06:52 PM
I agree. Just want to make sure we never see the 190 flying at envoy or piedmont or PSA etc.

The rates are terrible on it currently.

Agreed and Iíd even go further and say that we should bring the Embraer 175ís and CRJ 900ís on property too.

SoFloFlyer
09-04-2018, 09:20 PM
Hold the line on scope!

Oh for the love of God, please done relax scope!!! I want to get my turn in the E2 (got some fat engines), but not at the expense of flying it at a regional for $40/hour.

SoFloFlyer
09-04-2018, 09:21 PM
Agreed and Iíd even go further and say that we should bring the Embraer 175ís and CRJ 900ís on property too.

Makes sense. E175 has the same type rating as the E190 and a good portion of pilots have a CL-65 type rating.

chrisreedrules
09-05-2018, 01:40 PM

PLEASE do!

TroutBum
09-07-2018, 10:18 AM

Here is what I found. It looks like the shark-painted plane has finished its U.S. tour and is now in Europe.

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/PRZIJ/history

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/PRZGQ/history

https://flightaware.com/live/flight/PRZFU/history

FeedTheYote
09-07-2018, 02:10 PM

Sorry, I totally forgot. But someone smarter than me has you covered.

Here is what I found. It looks like the shark-painted plane has finished its U.S. tour and is now in Europe.

flydc
09-07-2018, 03:12 PM
15 new E190 captain positions on the Jan 2019 vacancy announcement today.

Surprise
09-07-2018, 09:36 PM
15 new E190 captain positions on the Jan 2019 vacancy announcement today.

I noticed on the 6 month forecast that staffing actually increases on the 190. Huh.

ItnStln
09-08-2018, 07:22 AM

Thanks, Iíll check out the links!

ItnStln
09-08-2018, 07:23 AM
Sorry, I totally forgot. But someone smarter than me has you covered.

No problem at all!

redbaronahp
09-08-2018, 10:26 AM
I noticed on the 6 month forecast that staffing actually increases on the 190. Huh.

Where do you see that?

flydc
09-08-2018, 12:47 PM
Where do you see that?

It's in the vacancy announcement pdf.

redbaronahp
09-09-2018, 06:28 AM
It's in the vacancy announcement pdf.

Where do I go to find that? Iím so new I donít even know how to bid yet. Mostly focusing on training.

Sliceback
09-09-2018, 06:49 AM
Where do I go to find that? Iím so new I donít even know how to bid yet. Mostly focusing on training.

CCI msg.

If you donít have CCI go to aapilots and in the gray bar on the left side the tenth item is Crew Check In (CCI). Click on that and thereís two options to go to the web page or to download the app.

CLTPilot190
09-09-2018, 06:52 AM

aapilots homepage. Top left.

Sliceback
09-09-2018, 08:12 AM
aapilots homepage. Top left.

Haha. Thanks. Short answer is better!

aapilots, blue banner has your name. Fifth bullet point below it has the message.

PRS Guitars
09-09-2018, 10:27 AM

Since youíre new, here is a heads up. The company is not bound in any way to the forecast vacancies (the product we are discussing). The results can vary widely. Also, filling vacancies creates vacancies. So bid what you want and nothing more. Always check what you have in DECS for your bid. Check the video out in:

My365, Flight 831, support videos.

I have to watch it every time, I donít waste precious brain bytes on memorizing DECS codes.

Happyflyer
09-10-2018, 01:10 PM

Would you agree if the plan was to sell 125 319s and replace them with 175 195E2's.

The problem with scope is it changes the model. AA would buy the CRJ 1,000 or the E2 or C series, and juduging by AA 190 rates you'd be downgrading your own job.

Right now the 190 AA rates are liability.

R57 relay
09-10-2018, 05:42 PM
Would you agree if the plan was to sell 125 319s and replace them with 175 195E2's.

The problem with scope is it changes the model. AA would buy the CRJ 1,000 or the E2 or C series, and juduging by AA 190 rates you'd be downgrading your own job.

Right now the 190 AA rates are liability.

Wasn't this the fear during the JCBA?

flyinawa
09-10-2018, 08:19 PM
Wasn't this the fear during the JCBA?

Was that the fear or was it the threat?

Name User
09-11-2018, 08:01 AM
Was that the fear or was it the threat?

Definitely a fear, managment never once "threatened" to park Airbii and replace with E190's IIRC. It was a C&R thing.

PRS Guitars
09-11-2018, 09:00 AM
Definitely a fear, managment never once "threatened" to park Airbii and replace with E190's IIRC. It was a C&R thing.

Absolutely right,

Iím sensing some of that fear in this thread. The reality is we should welcome any future AB 220 or new 190 purchases, as Delta pilots have and a United pilots want. Itís more opportunities and choices. But...we need to fix the rates on this contract! We canít let this fall through the cracks just because we are parking them.

Excargodog
09-11-2018, 09:44 AM
Absolutely right,

Iím sensing some of that fear in this thread. The reality is we should welcome any future AB 220 or new 190 purchases, as Delta pilots have and a United pilots want. Itís more opportunities and choices. But...we need to fix the rates on this contract! We canít let this fall through the cracks just because we are parking them.

There will be niches, medium range medium sized towns perhaps, where these aircraft will do the job better than anything else. Somebody will do this flying with these types of aircraft. It might as well be mainline. No harder fighting for a good rate for an A-195 E2 or A220 than doing the same for a 737. Or do you seriously want the work to go to some new ULCC like Moxy?

PRS Guitars
09-11-2018, 09:54 AM
There will be niches, medium range medium sized towns perhaps, where these aircraft will do the job better than anything else. Somebody will do this flying with these types of aircraft. It might as well be mainline. No harder fighting for a good rate for an A-195 E2 or A220 than doing the same for a 737. Or do you seriously want the work to go to some new ULCC like Moxy?

You and I are in agreement, so Iím not sure why you asked me the last question...:confused:

Excargodog
09-11-2018, 10:01 AM
You and I are in agreement, so I’m not sure why you asked me the last question...:confused:

Inartfully worded. That part was really directed at the people who seem somehow offended or threatened by the C series and E2s.

Sorry.:)

Cheddar
09-12-2018, 04:53 AM

Same thing for DFW 767... yay, maybe Iíll break into the high 80% mark for a month before Iím displaced [emoji854]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cheddar
09-12-2018, 04:55 AM
We should get all the mainline flying we can... the rates will match DAL/JB/UAL in the next contract.

Pilsung
09-12-2018, 07:49 AM
We should get all the mainline flying we can... the rates will match DAL/JB/UAL in the next contract.

When is the next contract negotiation?

Cheddar
09-12-2018, 08:02 AM
Early openers in January

Pilsung
10-06-2018, 03:16 PM
Is AA scope-limited in its replacement quantity of the 190 fleet if they choose to replace with E2's or 220's, or are they able to expand the 190 fleet size at their discretion?

Name User
10-06-2018, 04:49 PM
Is AA scope-limited in its replacement quantity of the 190 fleet if they choose to replace with E2's or 220's, or are they able to expand the 190 fleet size at their discretion?

AFAIK Dougie can buy as many Group I planes as his heart desires.

They don't really want to though. An A319 seats 128, not that much more than the E2 and 220 and shares a whole bunch of commonality with our current fleet.

chrisreedrules
10-06-2018, 05:19 PM
Back in March (or May? I canít remember) I happened to be on the jump with an AA management pilot who told me that AAG was quietly looking at the E2. Who knows if anything will come of that... I think many would love to see a large Group 1 aircraft order from American and a reduction in lift from the Eagle regionals. Hopefully Group 1 pay can come up.

Name User
10-06-2018, 06:41 PM
Back in March (or May? I can’t remember) I happened to be on the jump with an AA management pilot who told me that AAG was quietly looking at the E2. Who knows if anything will come of that... I think many would love to see a large Group 1 aircraft order from American and a reduction in lift from the Eagle regionals. Hopefully Group 1 pay can come up.

Well I was with the fleet manager three weeks ago, no plans in the works and still calling a 2020 park date IIRC.

They will look at anything, it's what they do to justify their jobs, but Isom who pretty much runs the airline has repeatedly said he wants to simplify the fleet. He's been pretty unwavering.

TransWorld
10-07-2018, 04:35 AM
Well I was with the fleet manager three weeks ago, no plans in the works and still calling a 2020 park date IIRC.

They will look at anything, it's what they do to justify their jobs, but Isom who pretty much runs the airline has repeatedly said he wants to simplify the fleet. He's been pretty unwavering.

That may be the case, but there is a big niche between the 76 seat RJs and the 128 seat A319. I think market forces, growth, and the upcoming pilot shortage will force an upsize for the 76 seat routes, that are not big enough to need 128 seats.

Battlinbear21
10-07-2018, 06:47 AM
Rumor iíve been hearing is 190 going to dc and will be shuttle flying only. But, that would be something beneficial for me personally so you can bet w a scientific certitude it will NVR happen. Delta and Jet Blue match our shuttle flying w 175s and 190. would a 319 really make sense in these 40-60 min hops every hourish? Where are JBs 190s going? Has that been made public?

Cheddar
10-07-2018, 11:24 AM
Thereís not very many used Ďgoodí 319ís out there, and pre A220 Airbus priced the 319Neo so that you might as well get a 321 for just a bit more with 60-70 more seats leading to almost no sales. With the A220 acquisition, the 319Neo is effectively dead, and our dreams of the 320 series economies of scale are limited to our existing 320 fleet and new 321Neoís.

We originally had 319 options but converted them to 321ís (this from several CKA) right after the merger. Three years later someone said Ďs)(tí we need more 319ís to cover the 80/190 flying and Airbus gave them an offer we couldnít stomach.

Once again this management teamĎs attempts be so cost effective endís up pigeon holing us. Itís truly frightening how this company has such little forward vision...

chrisreedrules
10-07-2018, 01:50 PM
CASM on the 319s is pretty high too..

TransWorld
10-07-2018, 02:35 PM
CASM on the 319s is pretty high too..

Good point. Now that Airbus has them, the A220-100 and 300 (and E2s) have a economical niche between 76 seats and 150/160 seats (A320/B737).

Other than what has already been delivered, I think there will be few, if any, new orders for A319s.

That is a big enough window to drive a Mac truck through (or fly a plane through).

I would been willing to bet it will happen at some point in the next few years, no matter what is said to the contrary.

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1