Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

Expat007
09-04-2018, 08:12 AM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone received an invite for the dates mention on this thread?

Snooter
09-04-2018, 10:19 AM
In there...

DJIA
09-04-2018, 10:52 AM
I submitted my video interview over the labor day weekend. How long did you guys wait for an invite after submission?

Expat007
09-04-2018, 10:59 AM
I submitted my video interview over the labor day weekend. How long did you guys wait for an invite after submission?

Video was send in on 8/15 with a couple of emails for further clarification, just got the invite today.

Lifefliesby
09-04-2018, 12:13 PM
Just curious- anyone who has gotten the invite to interview lately- do you have a 4 year degree??

hc0fitted
09-04-2018, 02:01 PM
I submitted my video interview on 08/29 and got the email to submit additional information on 08/31. Today, I received the email to choose an interview date for 10/10 or 10/24.

Expat007
09-04-2018, 07:37 PM
Just curious- anyone who has gotten the invite to interview lately- do you have a 4 year degree??

Yes, I have a 4 year degree.

flyabox
09-05-2018, 08:28 AM
Hello,

Would guys share how is the video interview? I just got a video interview invitacion...thx!!

PlanesGoodYa
09-05-2018, 11:59 AM
When do hiring windows open usually ?

PlanesGoodYa
09-05-2018, 12:01 PM

I had one class left on my 4 year degree, was hired in May. Finished degree while in training :eek:

hc0fitted
09-05-2018, 02:14 PM
Hello,

Would guys share how is the video interview? I just got a video interview invitacion...thx!!

I believe there is already a thread on this already. If you read through it it is spot on. You can also check will fly for food. Basically, you will go over your resume; why you left each employer etc, talk about your flying experience. Any violations or check ride failures... Which one of the core values besides saftey best represent you. If you could change one thing about your role and/or company . TMATT you had to overcome an obstacle on the job. Each question is timed at 3 minutes, or really like (2:50-2:550). Except the resume run down, that was 10 minutes, I think.

You can record yourself up to two times for each recording.

Tips: record yourself a few times before hand; have someone else look at it . Smile/ be enthusiastic throughout the videos.

Good Luck !

golf papa
09-06-2018, 01:06 PM
Hello everyone,

Has anyone received an invite for the dates mention on this thread?

Yeah, I'll be there on 24 Oct. I sent back my forms on 8/30 and received the invitation to schedule my interview on 9/4.

--gp

flyabox
09-06-2018, 04:50 PM
I believe there is already a thread on this already. If you read through it it is spot on. You can also check will fly for food. Basically, you will go over your resume; why you left each employer etc, talk about your flying experience. Any violations or check ride failures... Which one of the core values besides saftey best represent you. If you could change one thing about your role and/or company . TMATT you had to overcome an obstacle on the job. Each question is timed at 3 minutes, or really like (2:50-2:550). Except the resume run down, that was 10 minutes, I think.

You can record yourself up to two times for each recording.

Tips: record yourself a few times before hand; have someone else look at it . Smile/ be enthusiastic throughout the videos.

Good Luck !

Thank you so much!

DJIA
09-07-2018, 07:03 AM
Submitted the video interview 7 days ago. Still waiting for a response. I'm guessing no news is good news? Anyone else wait over a week for a response?

SpeedV2
09-07-2018, 09:04 AM
Submitted the video interview 7 days ago. Still waiting for a response. I'm guessing no news is good news? Anyone else wait over a week for a response?

Seems to go in waves. I waited almost a month to hear back about the face 2 face. Heard some guys only waited 2 weeks.

PackPilot
09-09-2018, 12:08 PM

I also submitted my video interview around the same time and I havenít heard anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

flyingmonkeys
09-17-2018, 07:00 AM
I will be interviewing on either the 10th or 24th... Just waiting to see how my October bid comes out to select the best day for me. How is everyone else preparing? I feel good about all the HR stuff. How does one prepare for the psychomotor testing and the aptitude based assessment? Any help is greatly appreciated.

Received video interview on 8/28. 5 days later they requested more info. 9/10 -email that they wanted a F2F. Submitted a new Flight Work history and updated resume. This morning I got the email to schedule the F2F.

7800 TT, 1800 TPIC, 4800 121 hours, civilian background, 4 year degree.

korg128
09-25-2018, 04:07 PM
Finished the video intvw on 9/22 no word yet

Benver
10-05-2018, 05:23 AM
Does anybody know for how long will be opened the October 1st. Application Window?
Thanx

EDVPLT
10-05-2018, 06:13 AM
Does anybody know for how long will be opened the October 1st. Application Window?
Thanx

It said at least 3 weeks. No defined closing date.

PA18
10-17-2018, 11:39 PM
Anyone seen a written copy of:

"Must be able to adhere to JetBlue Flight Crewmember Uniform Appearance Standards"

SideFlare
10-18-2018, 12:16 AM

"Must be able to adhere to JetBlue Flight Crewmember Uniform Appearance Standards"

What, exactly, are you trying to deviate from? Neck tattoos are stil frowned upon...

Itís the same at every airline in the US, brotha.

hilltopflyer
10-18-2018, 04:56 AM
What, exactly, are you trying to deviate from? Neck tattoos are stil frowned upon...

Itís the same at every airline in the US, brotha.

But now you can decide if you want the neck tie or the neck scarf. I was thinking of donning the scarf for awhile.

Toonces
10-18-2018, 03:16 PM

Basically, look sharp and presentable. There are some guidelines on shaving, hairstyles, and mustaches. If you have tattoos, they should be covered by your uniform. A dude in my class had two full sleeves so he has to wear the long sleeve uniform shirt.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

benzoate
10-19-2018, 05:07 AM

The Jetblue uniform standards allow you to fly standby in jeans, T-shirt, and tennis shoes provided its neat and tidy and not ripped. You MAY NOT ride a jumpseat unless you are business casual.

Please, please, please show up for the flight dressed appropriately. If you show up for an interview on one of my flights wearing jeans and a t-shirt I can guarantee you are making the wrong impression and the hiring committee will hear about it.

Just because Jetblue Airways has degraded the jumpseat experience doesnt mean your fellow pilots have.

Gearswinger
10-21-2018, 03:29 AM
The Jetblue uniform standards allow you to fly standby in jeans, T-shirt, and tennis shoes provided its neat and tidy and not ripped. You MAY NOT ride a jumpseat unless you are business casual.

Please, please, please show up for the flight dressed appropriately. If you show up for an interview on one of my flights wearing jeans and a t-shirt I can guarantee you are making the wrong impression and the hiring committee will hear about it.

Just because Jetblue Airways has degraded the jumpseat experience doesnt mean your fellow pilots have.

While I agree that the interview starts when you get to the airport and a candidate should dress and act accordingly, we donít need more people making up policies and procedures on the fly. There are plenty of people in LSC doing that already.

hilltopflyer
10-21-2018, 03:40 AM

Iím not going to wear a suit on the plane for the flight to get to my interview. I think I wore shorts and a T-shirt.

Cirrusly
10-22-2018, 03:48 AM
Since I was positive spaced down to Orlando for a job interview, I figured it was appropriate to wear a suit(no tie). I think itís easier to wear and iron it in the hotel instead of carrying a garment bag...

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1