Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Compass vs Republic

Avgeek7248
09-10-2018, 04:35 PM
So i'm a CFI at the moment based in the ATL area and am getting near the point to start applying to airlines. I was curious what you all thought of both Compass and Republic. I know the guys in these forums are honest about both sides. I'm from the west coast and wouldn't mind moving back but i'm also already out on the east coast and would have no problem moving to a base out here. The real question is which has better training, QOL, better upgrade time, and easier upgrade into a major. Thanks for any answers!

Taco280AI
09-10-2018, 06:42 PM
Don't know about a lot of that, never been with Republic.

I know one easy way to decide: go Compass if you want west coast. Go Republic if you want to stay out there. Easy.

Excargodog
09-10-2018, 07:04 PM

I know one easy way to decide: go Compass if you want west coast. Go Republic if you want to stay out there. Easy.

^^^^ That ^^^^

word302
09-10-2018, 07:10 PM

I know one easy way to decide: go Compass if you want west coast. Go Republic if you want to stay out there and like more money and a better overall contract. Easy.
FIFY......

Excargodog
09-10-2018, 07:40 PM
FIFY......

I am in rare agreement with Word302.

I suppose it had to happen sometime....:eek:

word302
09-10-2018, 07:47 PM
I am in rare agreement with Word302.

I suppose it had to happen sometime....:eek:

It hurts at first, but you get used to it. We should have a new offer on the table in the next month or so, hopefully we can raise the bar instead of bringing up the rear.

Avgeek7248
09-10-2018, 08:26 PM

Hmm well if you put it that way it probably is pretty easy. I just wonder what the future of Compass holds.

BobbyLeeSwagger
09-10-2018, 08:44 PM
Hmm well if you put it that way it probably is pretty easy. I just wonder what the future of Compass holds.

We're gonna party till the cops get called

FollowMe
09-10-2018, 09:05 PM

Ainít no party like a west coast party...

Slowhawk
09-10-2018, 09:45 PM
Nice to see 302 is still salty AF about not joining compass when he had the chance. Youíd be like 50% CA in all bases by now. Assuming you werenít already gone

word302
09-10-2018, 09:53 PM
Nice to see 302 is still salty AF about not joining compass when he had the chance. Youíd be like 50% CA in all bases by now. Assuming you werenít already gone

LOL. Not salty at all, though I don't recommend anyone on the West coast come to OO these days. My ride has been fine, hope it ends soon.

Excargodog
09-10-2018, 09:54 PM
It hurts at first, but you get used to it. We should have a new offer on the table in the next month or so, hopefully we can raise the bar instead of bringing up the rear.

Hopefully it's not just shuffling around the same amount of money under a new formula and hoping yu can't do the math. But truly, I'm rooting for you, because yeah, it would be nice to bring up the bar. And if you ARE going to compete with Republic on the East Coast you are going to have to bring it up considerably.

word302
09-10-2018, 10:10 PM
Hopefully it's not just shuffling around the same amount of money under a new formula and hoping yu can't do the math. But truly, I'm rooting for you, because yeah, it would be nice to bring up the bar. And if you ARE going to compete with Republic on the East Coast you are going to have to bring it up considerably.

Completely agree.

metalfeather
09-11-2018, 10:59 AM
I was offered a CJO with OO, but told them exactly that. If they are going to fly me in the east as a junior FO, then send me east again as a junior captain, then west coast with OO isn't really attainable. Why fly in DTW, MSP, ORD or LGA and not get Endeavor or Republic pay?

If you want a west coast party, Compass be like:
https://i.gifer.com/5XEt.gif

Avgeek7248
09-11-2018, 01:00 PM
I like the Compass lifestyle already!

210Av8r
09-11-2018, 06:36 PM
I like the Compass lifestyle already!

Join us in Hall for Hopefuls thread. The beer is cold.

DeltaCorrectons
09-12-2018, 12:46 PM
I was offered a CJO with OO, but told them exactly that. If they are going to fly me in the east as a junior FO, then send me east again as a junior captain, then west coast with OO isn't really attainable. Why fly in DTW, MSP, ORD or LGA and not get Endeavor or Republic pay?

If you want a west coast party, Compass be like:
https://i.gifer.com/5XEt.gif

Thatís great and all but Iíd bet pretty heavy Compass is done flying for Delta by mid summer 2019 taking 36 aircraft from them and leaving them with 20 planes for American that will more then likely get pulled into Envoy or one of the other wholly owned regionals leaving Compass with nothing. The 20 E175ís for United that people were hoping for are going to ExpressJet with this contract passing. If you want the West your going to have to bite the bullet and take Skypest.

VIRotate
09-12-2018, 02:53 PM
Thatís great and all but Iíd bet pretty heavy Compass is done flying for Delta by mid summer 2019 taking 36 aircraft from them and leaving them with 20 planes for American that will more then likely get pulled into Envoy or one of the other wholly owned regionals leaving Compass with nothing. The 20 E175ís for United that people were hoping for are going to ExpressJet with this contract passing. If you want the West your going to have to bite the bullet and take Skypest.

Nah flying will be safe at least until 2020-2021. Those are the earliest dates the contracts could end. Even then I stopped caring long ago because this is the regionals and anything could happen.

AirBat
09-12-2018, 06:10 PM

If you want the west Compass or Horizon are your best options. Nobody knows what is going to happen with our Delta birds, but this is the regionals and who knows. But skywest will send you to the east coast when youíre new and when you upgrade. Itís skyeast now...

Paid2fly
09-13-2018, 05:41 PM

"911, state your emergency."

:eek:

:D

N914FJ
09-14-2018, 09:22 PM
Ainít no party like a west coast party...

Cuz a west coast party don't stop...
(sidenote: is Coolio still around?)