Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : CFI lesson plans

USAFFlightEng
09-12-2018, 08:58 AM
I just started working on my CFI-A rating and am trying to find the best avenue for lesson plans, I am not sure exactly how to put together my own yet. I've looked at several websites that offer pre-made lesson plans. Any CFI's have a suggested website for the best lesson plans or advise for building my own?

BFMthisA10
09-12-2018, 09:42 AM
I just started working on my CFI-A rating and am trying to find the best avenue for lesson plans, I am not sure exactly how to put together my own yet. I've looked at several websites that offer pre-made lesson plans. Any CFI's have a suggested website for the best lesson plans or advise for building my own?
https://www.faa.gov/regulations_policies/handbooks_manuals/aviation/aviation_instructors_handbook/media/FAA-H-8083-9A.pdf

Chapter six specifically deals with lesson plan development, including a good template example in Figure 6-7.

hansinla
09-12-2018, 08:17 PM
King Schools has a great PPL syllabus online, just do a Google search. I use it as a basis (the version that's online has some flaws), but it's a great staged plan.