Airline Pilot Forums

Airline Pilot Forums was designed to be a community where working airline pilots can share ideas and information about the aviation field. In the forum you will find information about major and regional airline carriers, career training, interview and job seeker help, finance, and living the airline pilot lifestyle.

View Full Version : Donít work here!!!

Buzzd
09-12-2018, 02:07 PM
If you donít believe the posts about how bad this place is then believe here:

https://www.indeed.com/cmp/Commutair/reviews

SpartanFlyer
09-12-2018, 04:15 PM

Were you a FA?? All of the negative reviews are coming from flight attendants? What about pilots? are they happy?

PosRateGearUp
09-12-2018, 04:22 PM

You hit the mother load here! A lot of angry flight attendants, rightfully so, their contract is horrible.

Youíre proving yourself pretty experienced in ****posting recently. Youíre surely entitled to your opinion, but itís worthless without facts. This place may not be on par with many work rules, but most here are finding the value of working here, and at the end of the day itís just another stepping stone.

Now show me on the doll where Commutair touched you...

PosRateGearUp
09-12-2018, 06:05 PM
Were you a FA?? All of the negative reviews are coming from flight attendants? What about pilots? are they happy?

There are plenty of pilots that are happy to work here. There are plenty of pilots who like to complain, much like anywhere. The work rules are lacking, but this is not a place to hang your hat. Iíve been here over 2 years and things are improving. There were rough patches, and management make most things as difficult as they can be. That being said, I do not regret my time here, and the opportunity to advance and move on more rapidly than most places.

marshal
09-13-2018, 08:30 AM
There are plenty of pilots that are happy to work here. There are plenty of pilots who like to complain, much like anywhere. The work rules are lacking, but this is not a place to hang your hat. Iíve been here over 2 years and things are improving. There were rough patches, and management make most things as difficult as they can be. That being said, I do not regret my time here, and the opportunity to advance and move on more rapidly than most places.

Agree with this. Is it perfect? No, but what Regional is. Will I upgrade super fast and move to United quickly? You bet.

Everything in life is full of trade offs. At this point in my life, trading a few work rules for quick up grade and the pathway to United is worth it for me and my family and my long term outlook and prosperity. Happiness is a choice in every situation. Life is to short not to be happy.

Puck Hawg
09-18-2018, 05:25 AM
agree with this. Is it perfect? No, but what regional is. will i upgrade super fast and move to united quickly? you bet.

Everything in life is full of trade offs. At this point in my life, trading a few work rules for quick up grade and the pathway to united is worth it for me and my family and my long term outlook and prosperity. Happiness is a choice in every situation. Life is to short not to be happy.

hahahahaah

JediCheese
09-18-2018, 08:34 AM
If you pass the hogan/interview, it's very possible to get to United in 4 years off the street without any prior time here. If you come in with time, you could likely to it in 2.5 years.

ZW/EV/YV won't get near that. Everyone else requires 2,000 PIC while C5 requires 1,000 PIC. CPP/DGI is a lotto ticket and once purchased, you get to find out if you're a winner. If you want a guaranteed winner, go to an American WO.

flying4401
09-19-2018, 04:54 AM
OP: who are you? Honestly can't stand people who post fake news on forums...

jacburn
09-19-2018, 09:19 AM
OP: who are you? Honestly can't stand people who post fake news on forums...

He is one of those that got on the band wagon about not getting anymore jets. He/she said we would never get the original 40 jets. :eek:

#30 was just approved by the FAA and we are still growing the fleet.

Macchi30
09-19-2018, 10:55 AM
If you pass the hogan/interview, it's very possible to get to United in 4 years off the street without any prior time here. If you come in with time, you could likely to it in 2.5 years.

ZW/EV/YV won't get near that. Everyone else requires 2,000 PIC while C5 requires 1,000 PIC. CPP/DGI is a lotto ticket and once purchased, you get to find out if you're a winner. If you want a guaranteed winner, go to an American WO.

why do so many people fail the Hogan? Regarding personality tests, canít you just answer what they want to hear?

Also, if itís possible to get to United in 4 years, in theory wouldnít it be faster for someone to go to JetBlue, like 2-3 years? Iím a noob so if thatís a dumb question forgive me.

dera
09-19-2018, 11:20 AM
why do so many people fail the Hogan? Regarding personality tests, canít you just answer what they want to hear?

The whole theory behind the Hogan is that it weeds out people who answer what they want to hear.

Montcalm
09-19-2018, 05:11 PM
He is one of those that got on the band wagon about not getting anymore jets. He/she said we would never get the original 40 jets. :eek:

#30 was just approved by the FAA and we are still growing the fleet.

Great. And what's the point of getting more jets if we don't have the crews to operate them?

PosRateGearUp
09-19-2018, 07:57 PM

Also, if itís possible to get to United in 4 years, in theory wouldnít it be faster for someone to go to JetBlue, like 2-3 years? Iím a noob so if thatís a dumb question forgive me.

Itís widely rumored that United changes the threshold score to fit their needs in the interview pool. This is why the first round had less than 40% pass, while the second round and beyond have been having much more success.

We have had a large number of people go to JetBlue, some at the 2 year mark.

Macchi30
09-20-2018, 04:40 AM
Itís widely rumored that United changes the threshold score to fit their needs in the interview pool. This is why the first round had less than 40% pass, while the second round and beyond have been having much more success.

Thatís interesting. Iíll keep it in mind.

Ohh I like this. For career goals with legacy/major, my number #1 is United, #2 is JetBlue. Iíd be happy with either

Boeing Aviator
09-20-2018, 08:36 AM
It’s widely rumored that United changes the threshold score to fit their needs in the interview pool. This is why the first round had less than 40% pass, while the second round and beyond have been having much more success.

My friend who currently in IOE at Commutair was flying with a check airman on his last trip. Check Airman going to Fedex and also hired by United and has been with Commutair for only two years. Good for hm.

tinman1
09-20-2018, 08:57 AM
If you want a guaranteed winner, go to an American WO.

True, however the least amount of risk usually equates to the least amount of reward. "The new" American is turning into a flaming dumpster fire. Just look at their financials and overall morale...no thanks

hawk1123
09-20-2018, 06:25 PM
Anyone with any info on this? Are they possibly going to add in an additional bonus for RTP candidates like envoy, Mesa, and TSA?

ďWe also have some very exciting news coming soon that will benefit ALL rotor transition pilots who wish to join the airlines or are currently in a rotor transition program. 😀Stay tuned!Ē

Skyguy85
09-26-2018, 11:41 AM
what is this quote and where is it from.

ďWe also have some very exciting news coming soon that will benefit ALL rotor transition pilots who wish to join the airlines or are currently in a rotor transition program. 😀Stay tuned!Ē[/QUOTE]

Paid2fly
09-26-2018, 06:51 PM
what is this quote and where is it from.

ďWe also have some very exciting news coming soon that will benefit ALL rotor transition pilots who wish to join the airlines or are currently in a rotor transition program. 😀Stay tuned!Ē[/QUOTE]

Don't know, don't care...

Skyguy85
09-26-2018, 09:57 PM
Lol

Don't know, don't care...[/QUOTE]

hawk1123
09-27-2018, 05:40 AM
Commutair recruting posted this on the RTAG FAcebook page:

ďRTAG Nation! Just a reminder that CommutAir offers the most pilot-friendly rotor transition program by letting pilots train from ANY flight school or airport in the country. Unlike other programs, CommutAir's RTP is open to ALL pilots who wish to join the airlines, and are eligible for the United Career Path Program! See below for more details. RTAG - Rotary to Airline Group

We also have some very exciting news coming soon that will benefit ALL rotor transition pilots who wish to join the airlines or are currently in a rotor transition program. 😀Stay tuned!Ē

xxFlyBoyxx
09-29-2018, 06:47 PM
Can someone tell me how easy it is to hold IAD right out of training? Thank you!!!

JediCheese
09-29-2018, 08:18 PM
Can someone tell me how easy it is to hold IAD right out of training? Thank you!!!
Hard to say.

Lately there's been a bunch of IAD FOs upgrading into EWR and thus there's been spots available. Newest IAD FO right now is a hire from last month.

I assume you should be able to get an IAD FO spot within a few months.

SpringLanding
09-30-2018, 09:26 AM
My priority with a regional airline is to get flight time. Can I fly 85 hours per month or more at Commutair if I live in NYC? My goal is to time out before my first 12 months there.

How long from starting ground school until flying a full schedule? Thank you for the replies.

PosRateGearUp
09-30-2018, 10:14 AM
My priority with a regional airline is to get flight time. Can I fly 85 hours per month or more at Commutair if I live in NYC? My goal is to time out before my first 12 months there.

How long from starting ground school until flying a full schedule? Thank you for the replies.

Many of us get lines that credit 85 hours. You will absolutely fly that and more if you pick up a few days off a month. I have heard, however, they prevent guys from picking up more than 95 a month to avoid timing out.

Freebreakfast11
10-01-2018, 01:03 PM

Crew scheduling will prevent you from timing out

hslightnin
10-06-2018, 05:38 AM
Crew scheduling will prevent you from timing out

Also the training footprint will take the first 3 months anyway.

BravoBravo
10-17-2018, 10:46 AM
Hi All! What is the RSV time currently in EWR? (New hire)
THX

v1valarob
10-17-2018, 10:52 AM
Hi All! What is the RSV time currently in EWR? (New hire)
THX

Most junior line holder is a 6/14/18 hire.

njd1
10-17-2018, 12:14 PM
Most junior line holder is a 6/14/18 hire.

This is consistent with what I was told by a recruiter two days ago. 90 days of training including IOE (min 25 hours) and one month of reserve (likely ready reserve) in EWR.

v1valarob
10-17-2018, 12:19 PM
This is consistent with what I was told by a recruiter two days ago. 90 days of training including IOE (min 25 hours) and one month of reserve (likely ready reserve) in EWR.

Awards came out today for November. So this is where I got that info from.

newairlinepilot
10-20-2018, 11:10 PM
Awards came out today for November. So this is where I got that info from.

I know a guy in the June 25 class that is a line holder at IAD 😉

v1valarob
10-21-2018, 11:09 AM
I know a guy in the June 25 class that is a line holder at IAD 😉

Theyíll give a line to anybody these days 😜

Thereís actually a 7/12/18 hire whose the most junior line holder in Dulles.

In EWR itís 6/14/18. Thatís a first!

Chemtrail1
11-19-2018, 02:38 PM
Many of us get lines that credit 85 hours. You will absolutely fly that and more if you pick up a few days off a month. I have heard, however, they prevent guys from picking up more than 95 a month to avoid timing out.

I'm revisiting what regionals to apply for this month having just hit 1300TT. My goal is to pick a regional that gets me the most flying and the fastest upgrade. Do you guys think CommutAir is at the top of the list for most hours flown and upgrade in the northeast? I'll be commuting from SYR and should hit 1500TT by by Feb 2019....

jacburn
11-19-2018, 06:58 PM
I'm revisiting what regionals to apply for this month having just hit 1300TT. My goal is to pick a regional that gets me the most flying and the fastest upgrade. Do you guys think CommutAir is at the top of the list for most hours flown and upgrade in the northeast? I'll be commuting from SYR and should hit 1500TT by by Feb 2019....

I would put it near the top of the list if your plan is to get the hours and upgrade.

njd1
11-20-2018, 09:27 AM
I would put it near the top of the list if your plan is to get the hours and upgrade.

I agree. You will fly your ass off here because C5 is probably one of the few carriers that is still short pilots. There are, of course, reasons for that:

The contract sucks: Because of ****ty pay, bennies and a crapload of junior manning, they're having a hard time attracting people, to the point that they're now sponsoring work visas from Australia.
The company uses the CPP as a hiring tool and they are not throttling it. And while the CPP isn't a flow, the end result is the same as what's happening at the AA WOs who do have a flow to mainline -- the company is losing good people off the top including LCAs.
The fleet is growing (albeit slowly). Airplane 31 is just about to hit the line, with a plan to grow to 60, and every airplane makes the pilot shortage worse.

That said, this company does have a family-like feel to it (at least among the pilots) and the training is good. If your goal is to get in and get out and you don't mind having only two base choices, I think this is a decent place to hang your hat for a few years.

Chemtrail1
11-21-2018, 09:31 AM
I agree. You will fly your ass off here because C5 is probably one of the few carriers that is still short pilots. There are, of course, reasons for that:

The contract sucks: Because of ****ty pay, bennies and a crapload of junior manning, they're having a hard time attracting people, to the point that they're now sponsoring work visas from Australia.
The company uses the CPP as a hiring tool and they are not throttling it. And while the CPP isn't a flow, the end result is the same as what's happening at the AA WOs who do have a flow to mainline -- the company is losing good people off the top including LCAs.
The fleet is growing (albeit slowly). Airplane 31 is just about to hit the line, with a plan to grow to 60, and every airplane makes the pilot shortage worse.

That said, this company does have a family-like feel to it (at least among the pilots) and the training is good. If your goal is to get in and get out and you don't mind having only two base choices, I think this is a decent place to hang your hat for a few years.

I appreciate the feedback guys. I appreciate the lack of Kool-Aide in the responses. I wish we could have it all, but I think for me getting the most hours and fastest path to a line with reasonable upgrade time are the most important to me. Does anyone else have any other suggestions for someone in their late 40s applying in the next month with 1300TT that would be commuting from SYR?

Flyhayes
11-22-2018, 04:50 AM
Since we service Syracuse, that would give you a leg up on commuting. We also service the other local airports, so if you have to drive to one of them to make it to work, you're still likely to be commuting on your own metal (which puts you at the top of the list for an available seat).

PosRateGearUp
11-22-2018, 10:07 AM
Since we service Syracuse, that would give you a leg up on commuting. We also service the other local airports, so if you have to drive to one of them to make it to work, you're still likely to be commuting on your own metal (which puts you at the top of the list for an available seat).

Canít remember ever leaving SYR less than two hours delayed...

Also, the route is now shared with XJT and mainline.

Freebreakfast11
11-23-2018, 07:43 AM
Canít remember ever leaving SYR less than two hours delayed...

Also, the route is now shared with XJT and mainline.

The 6am flight usually isn't delayed. Anytime after 10 though, 2+ hours delayed to EWR. Would be a rough commute

Avi8tor1016
11-26-2018, 08:26 AM
How is Commutair supposed to recruit without pilot recruiters? I hear that 75% of their pilot recruiters quit this month to other regionals. Says a lot about what is happening and the management. I hear the HR lady is horrible and driving everyone out

lovesrjs
11-26-2018, 08:33 AM
Iím pretty new and just finished ground training at Dulles and have to say that so far, itís been a good experience. Recruiters were honest about pros and cons, instructors here are really good and itís a good overall vibe. Not sure whatís happening in recruitment but classes are pretty full with about 15 in the class ahead of me and about the same in the two classes behind me. I donít know anything about the line or the world beyond training but so far so good.

How is Commutair supposed to recruit without pilot recruiters? I hear that 75% of their pilot recruiters quit this month to other regionals. Says a lot about what is happening and the management. I hear the HR lady is horrible and driving everyone out

Prettywhacked1
11-26-2018, 08:34 AM
Go back to your job at the mall Sprint store, far better future

newairlinepilot
11-26-2018, 04:39 PM
Too much negativity here. CommutAir is not a perfect airline but overall has been a good experience for me in training and as a line holder. Everyone has a different experience. Pros are that if you want flight time-you will fly a lot-even on reserve! Cons are yes-airport reserve. I am a line holder with 15-16 days off on average with around 80 hours/month. Lines have been awarded recently to both all IAD and EWR around 2-3 month mark. Bases have been awarded right out of sim training. My friend under me on his last month of reserve has flown more than me! Nuff said. Management isnít perfect but responds almost instantly to help with issues. From what I know about the CPP and flying with those who have passed the hogan and interview-once they meet the criteria (1k PIC and BS degree), they are out within a few months and off United as long as they are hiring. C5 is not a bad place to be at all when it comes to getting your experience.

SpringLanding
11-27-2018, 06:39 AM
C5 is not a bad place to be at all when it comes to getting your experience.

Isn't that all a regional should be?

Commutair looks great: train quickly, fly a lot, upgrade, get $55 a month at year two.

JediCheese
11-27-2018, 07:31 AM
Commutair looks great: train quickly, fly a lot, upgrade, get $55 a month at year two.

Let's stop the $55 an hour at year 2 talk. No one hired today will see that rate. At this point it's only pilots currently flying the line that could possibly see that rate.

SpringLanding
11-27-2018, 07:54 AM
Let's stop the $55 an hour at year 2 talk. No one hired today will see that rate. At this point it's only pilots currently flying the line that could possibly see that rate.

why not?

Upgrade at 18 months then, that's $64 an hour as a 145 captain. Way better than Endeavor's 60-62 per hour for FO's from year 2-3.

njd1
11-27-2018, 09:15 AM
why not?

The LOA that allowed 145 FOs to be paid Dash CA rate in year two expires 12/2019.

The company may extend the LOA but there is presently no indication they will. Contract negotiations are slated to begin soon as well so who knows how that will factor in.

Personally Iíd like to see all rates increase and let the LOA expire but, as with all regionals, management will likely fight raises as long as they are filling classes.

KelvinHelmholtz
11-27-2018, 09:31 AM
why not?

Upgrade at 18 months then, that's $64 an hour as a 145 captain. Way better than Endeavor's 60-62 per hour for FO's from year 2-3.

Except youíll make more at Endeavor and you wonít have to sit ready reserve every day.

SpringLanding
11-27-2018, 09:43 AM
The LOA that allowed 145 FOs to be paid Dash CA rate in year two expires 12/2019.

helpful response. thanks.

Chemtrail1
12-01-2018, 01:19 PM
Except youíll make more at Endeavor and you wonít have to sit ready reserve every day.

But right now it seems like classes are being pushed further and further back at Endeavor I heard 6 months for new hires now from another thread....

Lisz
12-12-2018, 12:34 PM
The Hogan test use to consist of a psyche portion and a personality
Portion. The psyche portion is no longer part of the process. Only the personality portion of the test. Lots of people used to fail the psyche portion as well as being consistant in their answers. Mainly United checks your honesty put in other words. why do so many people fail the Hogan? Regarding personality tests, canít you just answer what they want to hear?

JediCheese
12-16-2018, 04:09 AM
Thank god the union turned down an extension of the FO as CA pay bump and CA bonuses! I was worried they would agree to an extension.

I am also pleasantly surprised at their counter offer. The announcement was polite, reasonable, informative, and upbeat.

SpringLanding
12-16-2018, 06:03 AM
Thank god the union turned down an extension of the FO as CA pay bump and CA bonuses! I was worried they would agree to an extension.

I am also pleasantly surprised at their counter offer. The announcement was polite, reasonable, informative, and upbeat.

Hi,

What was the counter-offer? I'm interested in any details. Are all of these potential changes 1+ year out?

JediCheese
12-16-2018, 06:11 AM
Hi,

What was the counter-offer? I'm interested in any details. Are all of these potential changes 1+ year out?
Counter offer was open negotiations early and start them in February (our contract is amendable in Dec 2019 and the union was planning on starting negotiations in September). If both sides agree to a contract by Dec 1st, 2019, There will be no harm to the pilots currently benefiting from the LOA (because the new contract will supersede the LOA).

Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1